5th Gen Uber Analysis Index Mk II

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
5th Gen Uber Analysis Index
Approved by Great Sage
. Maintained by Nexus
Thanks to Aerrow for the category tags.

This thread will be used to catalog all analysis written for the fifth generation Uber metagame, and just to organize everything into a single post so users can see what's been reserved and what's free. Additionally, all reservations and updates on the status of your analysis should be posted in this thread. I will maintain this list, but I need the cooperation of the writers, you, to keep it up-to-date. Therefore, if your analysis receives QC or GP approval and the like, please post here so that I may update the index accordingly. The remainder of this post has additional information on C&C policy and other general information.

C&C General Information

Useful Links for Analysis Writers

Analysis listed in the index will be categorized in the following manner:

[Placeholder] – Will be put beside your analysis if your analysis has just been reserved and has no work done on it; the thread for your analysis will be marked by “(placeholder)”. Note that once you reserve an analysis, you must post a placeholder thread.

[Skeleton] – Will be put beside your analysis if your analysis is in the skeleton format.

[Written] – Will be put beside your analysis if your analysis has been written up (in a detailed and organized fashion)

[Completed] – Once your analysis has received the required amount of QC approvals and GP stamps, post here, and I'll change the tag of your analysis to "Completed" which signifies it is done and ready for upload.

[Unreserved] – This analysis has not been reserved, so you're free to reserve it.

General Guideline for this Thread:

• When posting a reservation, provide a link to the placeholder thread.
  • Each time your analysis passes one of the categories QC approval and GP checks are included in these categories, as well as the ones outlined above.
  • If the OP of an analysis has been inactive for a sufficient amount of time and you wish to take over the analysis, contact the previous author and obtain permission from them to take it over. Once they have replied and given their consent to you taking ownership of their analysis, post here indicating that they have done so. If a member has been inactive for a long period of time, then contact one of the Uber analysis moderators and ask them for permission, do not post here asking if you can take over someone's analysis.
  • If you reserve an analysis, you are expected to see it through until the end (has received its 2 QC stamps and 2 GP checks, and is labeled done) when it will be uploaded. If you know you're not going to take the time or make the effort to finish it, do not reserve the analysis.
  • If you decide to remove your reservation, please post here saying so. It would be best if you provided a reason, insufficient reason to abandon a reservation will effect your ability to reserve an analysis in the future if you so choose to.
The Index:

LIST OF POKEMON THAT NEED UPDATES / REVAMPS
Kyogre - Icecream - [Skeleton]
Jirachi - MeleeMewtwo - [Completed] - Uploaded
Giratina - Mr. lol - [Completed] - Uploaded
Arceus-Flying - shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded
Arceus Steel - Psylink - [Completed] - Uploaded

Mewtwo - shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded
Lugia - trickroom - [Completed] - Uploaded
Ho-Oh - Tobes McGobes - [Completed] - Uploaded
Ho-Oh (Physically Defensive) - Poopy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Ho-Oh (Revamp) - trickroom - [Completed] - Uploaded
Kyogre (Specially Defensive) - trickroom - [Completed] - Uploaded
Groudon (Offensive Stealth Rock) - Poopy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Rayquaza - Trollfreak - [Completed] - Uploaded
Deoxys-A - Mr.Lol - [Completed] - Uploaded
Deoxys-N - Poppy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Deoxys-S - Furry - [Completed] - Uploaded
Palkia (Revamp) - Melee Mewtwo - [Completed] -
Palkia (Trick Room) - Polop - [Completed] - Uploaded
Giratina-O - Poopy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Giratina-O (Offensive Calm Mind) - Dracoyoshi8 - [Completed] - Uploaded
Darkrai (Double Status) - Hawkstar - [Completed] - Uploaded
Arceus - Superimp - [Completed] - Uploaded
Arceus Fighting (Support) - Pippy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Arceus Water (Support) - Poopy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Excadrill (Update) - Poppy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Reshiram - jackm - [Completed] - Uploaded
Zekrom (Tailwind) - Mr.lol - [Completed] - Uploaded
Kyurem-B - trickroom - [Completed] - Uploaded
Kyurem-B (Hone Claws) - shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded
Kyurem-W - shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded
Genesect - Theorymon - [Completed] - Uploaded (MIRACLES DO HAPPEN)

Since the Uber tier permits the use of any available Pokemon, there are bound to be some Pokemon that QC have explicitly deemed not viable in the current Uber metagame and have rejected. When reserving an analysis be aware of these rejected Pokemon. Additionally, DO NOT use this thread to discuss their viability in the Uber tier, this is not the place for that.
Victreebel - Alfalfa - [Completed] - Uploaded
Cloyster - Sweep - [Completed] - Uploaded
Gyarados - trickroom - [Completed] - Uploaded
Ditto - Theorymon (didn't even see it through) - [Completed] - Uploaded
Forretress (Update) - Poopy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Forretress (Custap Lead) - Furry - [Completed] - Uploaded
Espeon - MatchMaster - [Completed] - Uploaded
Skarmory (Custap Lead) - Furry - [Completed] - Uploaded
Kingdra (Choice Specs) - shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded
Sableye - jackm - [Completed] - Uploaded
Salamence (Dragon Dance) - jackm - [Completed] - Uploaded
Latias - Superimp - [Completed] - Uploaded
Latias (CM Draco Meteor) - Melee Mewtwo - [Completed] -
Latios - Mr. lol - [Completed] - Uploaded
Abomasnow - Pokemazter - [Completed] - Uploaded
Froslass - Poppers - [Completed] - Uploaded
Beartic - Shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded
Heatran (Defensive) - Melee Mewtwo - [Completed] -
Terrakion (Scarf) - firecrap - [Completed] - Uploaded
Terrakion (SubSD) - Pappy - [Completed] - Uploaded
Terrakion (Revamp) - Melee Mewtwo - [Completed] - Uploaded
Tornadus-T - Mr.lol - [Completed] - Uploaded
Landorus - Furry - [Completed] - Uploaded
Landorus-T - shrang - [Completed] - Uploaded

Rejected Sets/Pokemon

The following Pokemon/sets have been rejecte dby Ubers QC, click on the respective threads for that Pokemon/set to read their reason for rejecting and if you would like to attempt an analysis for it you better have a very good argument for that Pokemon or set.

Last edited:
Latias and Arceus Reservations

I would like to reserve Latias and Arceus for updating.
Placeholder threads will appear shortly; I will edit the links in below.

Latias Analysis
Arceus Analysis

EDIT: Both are fully QC checked.
EDIT: Both are fully GP checked.

Last edited:

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
well, does this mean I can reserve Kyruem-Black as well?

as well as this from a week ago

So apparently these are what's happening, after some clarification on IRC:

TrollFreak Shrang- Kyruem White
21:31 TrollFreak Me- Lando-T, Kyruem Black, Mewtwo
21:31 TrollFreak Fiction- Tornadus
21:31 TrollFreak Furai- Thud-T, Skarm and Orge

Lugia Reservation

I would also like to reserve Lugia please. Link to placeholder thread will be edited in below.

EDIT 1: Never mind. I'll finish Latias and Arceus-Normal first. Thanks shrang.
EDIT 2: I was joking shrang. Sorry about the misinterpretation.
EDIT 3: Thanks shrang!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Superimp, I've said this to Furai, and I'll say this to you as well. Please do not continue to reserve analysis when you already have plenty on your hands. You've already reserved Latias and Normal Arceus (both huge projects), so please don't reserve Lugia along with it. It not only puts excessive pressure on yourself, but it also stops other people having a go at these analyses as well. Furthermore, it slows down the entire system, because we have to wait for you to finish writing these analyses when someone else could easily have taken over. It's like running a bunch of light bulbs in a series circuit when we could easily have run them in parallel. Fine.

So please, to everyone else reserving stuff here, please DO NOT RESERVE SO MANY ANALYSES. I wouldn't suggest you reserve more than two analyses at a time. Please finish what you started before starting something new!

Look, everyone appreciates your efforts, but C&C is a team first and foremost. You all need to do what's beneficial for the team, not to go after personal glory. I'm sorry if I'm harsh, but what's going on is not in the team's best interests.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Superimp, I've said this to Furai, and I'll say this to you as well. Please do not continue to reserve analysis when you already have plenty on your hands. You've already reserved Latias and Normal Arceus (both huge projects), so please don't reserve Lugia along with it. It not only puts excessive pressure on yourself, but it also stops other people having a go at these analyses as well. Furthermore, it slows down the entire system, because we have to wait for you to finish writing these analyses when someone else could easily have taken over. It's like running a bunch of light bulbs in a series circuit when we could easily have run them in parallel.

So please, to everyone else reserving stuff here, please DO NOT RESERVE SO MANY ANALYSES. I wouldn't suggest you reserve more than two analyses at a time. Please finish what you started before starting something new!

Look, everyone appreciates your efforts, but C&C is a team first and foremost. You all need to do what's beneficial for the team, not to go after personal glory. I'm sorry if I'm harsh, but what's going on is not in the team's best interests.
This please, thanks shrang.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a ton of shit to do atm, so the only thing I'm going to reserve is Ditto since its pretty viable in Ubers, but also so simple that even I can't find a way to screw this up timewise...

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll try reserving Latios for now. I've got plenty of time to get it through QC, will put up placeholder link in a minute. I fear its sets will be pretty similar to last gens though-_-.

Link is here

EDIT: READY FOR QC CHECKS

EDIT 2: I PROBABLY SHOULD NECRO BUMP BUT IDK, ITS READY FOR GP CHECKS :P.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ho-Oh Physically defensive - done, waiting for Ho-Oh revamp
Giratina-O Substitute Shuffler - done, uploaded
Arceus-Water Support - done, uploaded
Terrakion SubSD - done, uploaded
Froslass Ubers Analysis - done, uploaded
Forretress Update - done, uploaded
Excadrill Update - [written]
Groudon Offensive Stealth Rock - done, uploaded
Substitute + Bulk Up Dialga - [skeleton]
Fighting Arceus Support Update - done, uploaded
Ho-Oh Revamp - [skeleton]
Deoxys Revamp - [written]

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oi, trollfreak, if you would like to trade I can take Kyurem-B instead of Mewtwo (unless for some reason you don't want to do both). I've been using Kyurem-B a bit and there's a set I wanted to add that has at least Jibaku's approval (and Theorymon's I think).

Kyurem-Black is just the black sheep in the herd. :(

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Yeah Colonel_M you can just have Black Kyurem, since trollfreak's had some weeks to post something and hasn't I am giving it to you, please get something up as soon as possible.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that I got off my busy ass and finished Ditto, its time to reserve my favorite Pokenator, GENESECT!

Mr. Uncompetitive

That was when it all began.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'd like to reserve Thundurus-Therian, assuming that it won't be assigned to a specific person due to it being a new Pokemon.

EDIT: Placeholder/WIP thread will be up later on today.

I would like to reserve Smeargle, I have some good experience with the bloke in Ubers.

EDIT: If not Smeargle then I would like to do Groudon, I have lots of experience with him as well. I see that Poppy uploaded an Offensive SR version, are other sets still available? I feel like the metagame has changed substantially and he could use some new information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)