5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RNG Reporter Version: 9.95
Game Version: Pokemon Black (U) through a Flash Cart (M3DS)
System: DS Original
I'm simply having trouble with calibration. I'm trying to set up Standard Abuse with the Parameter Finder but it's simply not working. I tried following the On-Site guide but didn't get any results.
Flashcarts have weird parameters, either set the ranges wider or buy a real game.
guys is there a new way to verify the seed ,i mean like in HGSS ,using the xtransiver calls etc.
Unfortunately no, IIRC the Xtransceiver advances the PIDRNG by 120 FPS while it's on, so it's not a practical way to do anything. Chatot is still the only way to verify your seed/frame.

Flashcarts have weird parameters, either set the ranges wider or buy a real game.
Thanks, but I've been setting my parameters to last from 0 seconds to 59 seconds so I'm not sure how I could possibly improve on that.

Also, I'm not sure which time I should use. Should it be the time that I start the game or the time that I battle the Pokemon?
And finally, do having AR Codes on (ie to check IVs) as well as C-Gear screw up RNG?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Thanks, but I've been setting my parameters to last from 0 seconds to 59 seconds so I'm not sure how I could possibly improve on that.

Also, I'm not sure which time I should use. Should it be the time that I start the game or the time that I battle the Pokemon?
And finally, do having AR Codes on (ie to check IVs) as well as C-Gear screw up RNG?
Are you changing the other ranges, or just the seconds?

Use the time you start the game, and don't ever turn on the C-Gear. AR codes should be fine.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Just the seconds. Not sure how to adjust the other ranges, especially Timer0. Should I mess with those other parameters, and if so by how much for each?
Just widen them a lot in both directions. It varies wildly even for a single model of flashcart, so it's hard to say what exactly you should be looking for.

Oh, except for GxStat, leave that at 6.

So that means adjusting Timer0 as well...That looks like Hex Code so I'm not sure how to widen that, but so far adjusting every other parameter besides Timer0 hasn't worked.

So I'm new to this, and I understand the whole calibration process, it's just doing it that seems to be a problem.

I have a Nintendo DSi, so I found my MAC address and I synced my clock to an external (my ipod) clock with seconds. Then, in the parameter finder in RNG Reporter 9.95, I entered in some arbitrary time for today's date (July 22nd 2012), with the time having 30 seconds. So, I load up my copy of Pokemon Black right at 30 seconds according to my Ipod, and I sweet scent and catch a Pokemon.

I determine the IVs, then hit search, and I get a Timer0 value, as well as all those other parameters. Now, just to make sure that I'm doing this right, I want to RNG a wild pokemon with specific IVs (ie: three 31s). I don't really care about shinies (yet) or perfect IV spreads (yet), I just want to make sure I'm calibrated right. So my first question is this: Should I re-find my parameters using button presses or not yet?

My next question is that because I have a Nintendo DSi, my actual seconds that result should be 33 (a three second delay), but it keeps coming up as 31 (a one second delay). Is this normal? Or is there something that I'm missing?

Hey voodoo, so i've gotten a new frame, and the same thing happens.

http://i.imgur.com/R3Ujn.png

The Frame is given as 879, but since i'm looking for a shiny kyurem, i took the shiny frame of 80. calculated the initial frame of 54 and got 26 advances. So the result is a shiny kyurem, but it's not the IVs that i was RNGing for.

Where did i go wrong?

You have an IV frame of 879. xD Don't enter "9999" in the Max Frame box. Leave it at 1, so you won't have to do any IV frame advances.
True, but that would mean that i have very little possibilities. I might have to search into the next decade before i find the seed that i am looking for. And that makes the legitimacy of the pokemon even lesser. So far in the year 2011, there isn't a seed that fits my criteria that has less than 879 frames.

guys how do you ID abuse in BW2. same way as BW?
and say i need to rng lati@s ,so around what PID frame should i pick to get a default shiny seed for me.(i suppose the Iv frame is 1 for interactible pokes... )

thx

guys how do you ID abuse in BW2. same way as BW?
and say i need to rng lati@s ,so around what PID frame should i pick to get a default shiny seed for me.(i suppose the Iv frame is 1 for interactible pokes... )

thx
Yes, it is.

And I have a question: how do you RNG the first Hidden Hollow Mincinno on Route 5, when Bianca shows you about Hidden Hollows? I have no idea how many other hollows in Unova are filled, or what to put in for the hollow number, slot, or subslot.

Are Timer0 values inherently 3 or 4 digits long? I've set my range from 000 to FFF and I'm wondering if that was hopefully the widest I'd have to go. The Timer0 range for Original DS was set to a 3 digit hex value, and I'm hoping that using a Flashcart doesn't change that.
Also, how feasible is having VFrame values of 0 or 79, as those are the two VFrame values my search has gotten so far and a quick scan of this page alone tells me it should simply be 1.

um guys this may be a stupid question..but can you rng the pokes from the dream radar when transferring or is the nature ivs ets set when you catch it on dream radar.

thx

And that makes the legitimacy of the pokemon even lesser.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

So far in the year 2011, there isn't a seed that fits my criteria that has less than 879 frames.
Then keep searching.

um guys this may be a stupid question..but can you rng the pokes from the dream radar when transferring or is the nature ivs ets set when you catch it on dream radar.
They can be RNGed.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Looks like it's set up right, maybe it's a bug.
True, but that would mean that i have very little possibilities. I might have to search into the next decade before i find the seed that i am looking for. And that makes the legitimacy of the pokemon even lesser. So far in the year 2011, there isn't a seed that fits my criteria that has less than 879 frames.
You're never going to hit frame 879. Are you using keypresses?
Yes, it is.

And I have a question: how do you RNG the first Hidden Hollow Mincinno on Route 5, when Bianca shows you about Hidden Hollows? I have no idea how many other hollows in Unova are filled, or what to put in for the hollow number, slot, or subslot.
It's always Minccino and male, so you don't need to worry about any of that. Just do it like any other stationary.
Are Timer0 values inherently 3 or 4 digits long?
Timer0 can be 4 digits.

So once the species/gender have been generated, it's just like any other stationary, using the Hidden Hollow PID frames? How do I control what is generated?

Edit: do the pokemon's bobbing movements advance frames?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So once the species/gender have been generated, it's just like any other stationary, using the Hidden Hollow PID frames? How do I control what is generated?

Edit: do the pokemon's bobbing movements advance frames?
Once the species/gender has been generated it's a Hidden Hollow encounter type. Set your encounter type in reporter to Hidden Hollow.

Basic guide to control what is generated:
1) Find out which hidden hollows before it are empty/have nothing in it. If you need help with the numbers check here and know the first one listed is 0 and the last one is 19. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/hollow.htm
2) From that same list find what slot/subslot you need for the Pokemon/Item you want. Pokemon are slots 0-2. Subslots are the letters at the top. 0=A, 1=B, 2=C, 3=D.
3) In reporter enter all the information you gathered. Number of open hollows are the number open. Advances are how many advances you want (I generally do 3 just so I can verify the seed with chatots). Hollow number is the sequential number of the desired hidden hollow based on the number of open hollows. Example:
I have Route 5, Route 7, Route 9, Giant Chasm, Route 22, and Route 2 open.
I want to abuse Giant Chasm so I enter 6 as the number of open hollows and 3 as the desired Hollow Number (count from 0).

Slot is whatever slots you want. Subslot is whatever sub slots you want (generally all of them are fine).
For the same example say I want a Ditto. I'd enter Slot 0 and don't care about the subslots.

If I had wanted a Seviper on Route 7 on White2 I'd have entered 2 as my slot and 2-3 as my subslots.

If you care about gender just look at the gender ratios on that sheet and see if the gender you desire is at that specific ratio in reporter. Later I'll add gender filters for the seeds.

4) Save inside the hollow you want to abuse.
5) Hit your seed.
6) Advance/verify with Chatots if needed.
7) Walk 256 steps (you can go over, just at least 256 steps). Since it doesn't matter if I go over I just run around for a while. You could spray a max repel and then do 6 extra steps after that.
8) Exit and reenter the Hollow.
9) Save in front of the Pokemon.
10) Search in reporter for a seed with the desired IVs. (Frame 1 is best and not that hard to find but you can do a search of 1-6 if you're fine advancing the IVRNG frame).
11) Enter that seed in the main window and search the PIDRNG with the Hidden Hollow encounter type to find a frame with the desired Nature.
12) Hit the seed, advance/verify. Catch your Pokemon.

So how exactly will the Dream Radar for the 3DS work forgive me if this is not the place for questions like this (just got back from a math final and I seem to be unable to learn things/read correctly.)

You're never going to hit frame 879. Are you using keypresses?
Well no, that's another question i have actually. I've calibrated my DS parameters with no keypresses, so am i able to change the ds parameters with keypresses? And about my previous question, i am supposed to hit that frame of 879? And if i do will it be shiny? because if i hit the frame 80, it will be shiny with the wrong IVs.

Don't worry i'll look for another instant, frame 879 is too much for me.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Well no, that's another question i have actually. I've calibrated my DS parameters with no keypresses, so am i able to change the ds parameters with keypresses? And about my previous question, i am supposed to hit that frame of 879? And if i do will it be shiny? because if i hit the frame 80, it will be shiny with the wrong IVs.

Don't worry i'll look for another instant, frame 879 is too much for me.
In gen 5 there two different types of frames. The frame 80 you're talking about is known as the PID frame. It controls gender, encounter slot, shininess, and ability. Then there's the IV frame, the only thing it controls are the IVs. To get the Kyurem you want you would have to advance the IV frame up to frame 879. The only way to advance said frame though is to take 128 steps, it will increase the same number of pokemon in your party. Now, let's say you have 6 pokemon; it would take you at least 18,730 steps before you actually hit your IV frame. Every step you take will also advance the PID frame by one, now you can see how you would never be able to get this pokemon right?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I kinda have the same problem when looking for my parameters, only found them once .__. I don't know which are the min and max values timer0, VCount and VFrame can take in order to perform an all out search because of my own flashcart.

In gen 5 there two different types of frames. The frame 80 you're talking about is known as the PID frame. It controls gender, encounter slot, shininess, and ability. Then there's the IV frame, the only thing it controls are the IVs. To get the Kyurem you want you would have to advance the IV frame up to frame 879. The only way to advance said frame though is to take 128 steps, it will increase the same number of pokemon in your party. Now, let's say you have 6 pokemon; it would take you at least 18,730 steps before you actually hit your IV frame. Every step you take will also advance the PID frame by one, now you can see how you would never be able to get this pokemon right?
Icic, so basically, i would have to find a IV and PID frame that are the same in order to get the pokemon i desire. Thanks, I'll keep searching!

But i have another question, about RNGing with button presses. Since i calibrated with no button presses, does that mean when i choose more button presses in the DS Parameters, i would undo my calibration in RNGReporter?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Icic, so basically, i would have to find a IV and PID frame that are the same in order to get the pokemon i desire. Thanks, I'll keep searching!

But i have another question, about RNGing with button presses. Since i calibrated with no button presses, does that mean when i choose more button presses in the DS Parameters, i would undo my calibration in RNGReporter?
Always use an IV Frame of 1, and typically, set the PID frame to under 500, though that matters less than the IV frame. Regarding keypresses, no, you don't have to redo your parameters or calibration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)