Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the Mummy issue on the opponent's side is apparently just a graphical glitch, it happened again today and the damage done shows that Mummy wasn't actually retained. Sort of low priority to fix I guess.

Not sure if this is known or if it's just me, but this is what my teambuilder looks like in firefox. (Specifically the ability and EV box.)

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RGB, I've seen that in Firefox too. If it's that much of an issue, I'd recommend switching to a different browser.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Should struggle hit ghost-types? It is listed as a normal type move here: http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/struggle
Anúbis has no moves left! (placeholder)
The foe's Anúbis (stoutland) used Struggle!
Gengar lost 38% of its health!
The foe's Anúbis lost 25% of its health!

The stoutland in question had sand rush, not scrappy

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Should struggle hit ghost-types? It is listed as a normal type move here: http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/struggle
Anúbis has no moves left! (placeholder)
The foe's Anúbis (stoutland) used Struggle!
Gengar lost 38% of its health!
The foe's Anúbis lost 25% of its health!

The stoutland in question had sand rush, not scrappy
I will clarify the rules:

Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.

This is why you shouldn't trust the Smogon dex. Veekun is more specific: Struggle is a Normal move that does typeless damage: it is unaffected by weaknesses, resistances, and immunities.

In a random battle, my Beautifly sprite was a fixed image rather than moving. However, it apparently works from the opponents perspective.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
i don't have a screen shot but i'm pretty sure that my description of what happened would be more or less 90% accurate.

the bug is: weather is sand and I have a Rayquaza out (meaning Air Lock cancels the weather effects) and then the Excadrill of my opponent outspeeds me. It didn't cost me the game but hey, a bug is still a bug.

so here's what happened:

I switched into my Rayquaza as Excadrill Rapid Spins. My Rayquaza's EV spread is 252 Speed with a Jolly Nature. So no matter what Excadrill's spread is, I will outspeed him thanks to Air Lock negating sandstorm boost. Then on the next turn, I clicked V-create to KO but then he used Shadow Claw before my Rayquaza could even use V-create.
Yeah, Air Lock and Cloud Nine are bugged that way; it's been known for a while, but this is a new thread so I can't fault you for not seeing it before. I'm gonna throw this list on here and hopefully no one posts a bug report on it again.

To be clear, all of these move effects and Abilities are not being negated properly while an Air Lock or Cloud Nine user is active. These are all known bugs.

The Special Defense boost for Rock-types during Sandstorm

Abilities:

• Chlorophyll's doubled Speed during Sunny Day
  • Dry Skin's healing or damage during Rain Dance or Sunny Day, respectively
  • Flower Gift's 1.5x Attack and Special Defense boosts during Sunny Day
  • Forecast transforming Castform during Hail, Rain Dance, and Sunny Day
  • Harvest's 100% Berry restoring during Sunny Day
  • Hydration's status healing during Rain Dance
  • Ice Body's healing during Hail
  • Leaf Guard's status prevention during Sunny Day
  • Rain Dish's healing during Rain Dance
  • Sand Rush's doubled Speed during Sandstorm
  • Sand Veil's 1.25x evasion boost during Sandstorm
  • Snow Cloak's 1.25x evasion boost during Hail
  • Solar Power's 1.5x Special Attack boost and 1/8 max HP damage each turn during Sunny Day
  • Swift Swim's doubled Speed during Rain Dance

Moves:

• Blizzard's accuracy during Hail
  • Growth's doubled boosts during Sunny Day
  • Hurricane's accuracy during Rain Dance and Sunny Day
  • Moonlight's healing during any weather
  • Morning Sun's healing during any weather
  • SolarBeam's power and charge time during any weather
  • Synthesis' healing during any weather
  • Thunder's accuracy during Rain Dance and Sunny Day
  • Weather Ball's type and power during any weather

That's how trick usually works - when it picks up a choice item, you're allowed to choose a new move afterward. (Note: only in gen V)

This has happened to me too - it's a result of the opponent's choice reaching the server before your cancel; the server then calculates the results of the round, then your cancel and second switch reaches it and it assumes that the second switch is for the next round. Don't know how to help you, though
User and target permanently swap held items. Works even if one of the Pokémon isn't holding anything. If either Pokémon is holding mail, this move will fail.
If either Pokémon has Multitype or Sticky Hold, this move will fail.
If this move results in a Pokémon obtaining Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Choice Specs, and that Pokémon was the latter of the pair to move this turn, then the move it used this turn becomes its chosen forced move. This applies even if both Pokémon had a choice item before this move was used. If the first of the two Pokémon gains a choice item, it may select whatever choice move it wishes next turn.
Neither the user nor the target can recover its item with Recycle.
This move cannot be selected by Assist or Metronome.

Switching counts as moving first as far as I'm aware, so me switching in my thundurus-t scarfed to recieve the scarf from rotom-w should mean that the rotom-w can no longer use anything but trick.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
User and target permanently swap held items. Works even if one of the Pokémon isn't holding anything. If either Pokémon is holding mail, this move will fail.
If either Pokémon has Multitype or Sticky Hold, this move will fail.
If this move results in a Pokémon obtaining Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Choice Specs, and that Pokémon was the latter of the pair to move this turn, then the move it used this turn becomes its chosen forced move. This applies even if both Pokémon had a choice item before this move was used. If the first of the two Pokémon gains a choice item, it may select whatever choice move it wishes next turn.
Neither the user nor the target can recover its item with Recycle.
This move cannot be selected by Assist or Metronome.

Switching counts as moving first as far as I'm aware, so me switching in my thundurus-t scarfed to recieve the scarf from rotom-w should mean that the rotom-w can no longer use anything but trick.
That description is kind of misleading. The user of Trick will always be allowed to select a new move next turn even if it gets another Choice item.

Here are four scenarios where both Pokemon have a Choice Scarf:

1. Pokemon 1 uses Trick, Pokemon 2 uses Hydro Pump. Next turn, Pokemon 2 is locked into Hydro Pump.

2. Pokemon 1 uses Trick, Pokemon 2 uses Trick. Next turn, both Pokemon can choose another move.

3. Pokemon 1 uses Hydro Pump, Pokemon 2 uses Trick. Next turn, both Pokemon can choose another move.

4. Pokemon 2 switches in, Pokemon 1 uses Trick. Next turn, Pokemon 1 can choose another move.

Scenario 1 is what that description is talking about, and scenario 4 is your situation. So although switching basically counts as moving first, because Rotom-W used Trick it can use whatever move it wants next turn.

That description is kind of misleading. The user of Trick will always be allowed to select a new move next turn even if it gets another Choice item.

Here are four scenarios where both Pokemon have a Choice Scarf:

1. Pokemon 1 uses Trick, Pokemon 2 uses Hydro Pump. Next turn, Pokemon 2 is locked into Hydro Pump.

2. Pokemon 1 uses Trick, Pokemon 2 uses Trick. Next turn, both Pokemon can choose another move.

3. Pokemon 1 uses Hydro Pump, Pokemon 2 uses Trick. Next turn, both Pokemon can choose another move.

4. Pokemon 2 switches in, Pokemon 1 uses Trick. Next turn, Pokemon 1 can choose another move.

Scenario 1 is what that description is talking about, and scenario 4 is your situation. So although switching basically counts as moving first, because Rotom-W used Trick it can use whatever move it wants next turn.

No, this is the same bug that lets you change your move if you were choiced when the opponents pokemon dies before your move is used.

On cart you can't change that, this is basically the same bug.

@antar forgot that. but he only had excadrill for a sand abuser, and garchomp but it died before excadrill was out

Are CAPs supposed to be allowed in random battles? I just met a Revenankh in one.
I'm also pretty sure I saw a team with both a Giratina and a Giratina-O (random battle) a couple days ago.

Are CAPs supposed to be allowed in random battles? I just met a Revenankh in one.
I'm also pretty sure I saw a team with both a Giratina and a Giratina-O (random battle) a couple days ago.
Yes, CAP pokes are allowed in Randbats.

In a random battle, I KO'd somebody with Wood Hammer and didn't receive any recoil damage. It was a few days ago so I don't have a log/screenshot, I'll try and recreate it later tonight.

Bug

My friend and i just did a battle and when i used fly instead of it flying up in the air it attacked and said i used fly. Next turn it he attacked and it missed and then i was forced to use fly again like normal and it did the attack again but this time doing dmg. So i do believe the animation is wrong.

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
No, this is the same bug that lets you change your move if you were choiced when the opponents pokemon dies before your move is used.

On cart you can't change that, this is basically the same bug.
Except that's not a bug at all. Those four scenarios I mentioned are actually how Trick and Choice items work in-game in Gen 5. Also, you're not allowed to change your move if you were Choice-locked when the opponent's Pokemon faints before your move is used, both in-game and in-sim.

So I'm not sure what you're getting at because as far as I can tell both of these issues are not issues at all; the way they work on PS is exactly the same way they work in-game.

Can't rejoin battles

I'm having an issue where every time I get disconnected in a battle, I can't rejoin. It never says I actually leave. I tried refreshing and closing the browser but none of them work.

I'm using chrome at the moment if that may be an issue.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I noticed something in the Teambuilder, Deoxys-Defense can't learn Agility, even though it can. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)