RMT (Random Matchup)

Alright, I've been working on this team for a while, battle testing again and again in the Random Matchup arena. THe first three spots are pretty solidified (In my mind), but if there is a definite better alternative, I won't hesitate too much to change things up.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Abl: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk. / 252 Spe. / 6 Def.
Adadmant

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Brick Break
Earthquake

Haxorus is often my lead, because of its (Almost) perfect type coverage. Scizor and other Bug/Steel types give him problems, but that's what Chandelure is for. He often doesn't have a chance to set up DD, but with his strong Atk stat (31 IV/252 EV/ Adamant Nature), that's not really a problem. Speed can be, so that's why I'm considering getting a Baton Passing Ninjask. Ferrothorn Covers his gragon weakness, and Chandelure and Ferrothorn both are good for ice types.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Abl: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed

Curse
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Leech Seed/Protect?

Ferrothorn is of the Curse Ball variety, with Curse addtin +1 to Atk. and Def., while powering up Gyro Ball. Power Whip is great for bulky water types, and it currently has Leech Seed (Newly Hatched, not fully raised yet), but its parent, who I've been using, has protect, and it works pretty well. If there's a major, non-ground type threat, it will easily switch into Chandelure, nullifying the hit. Leech seed will give back some much needed HP, but Protect allows a good scouting oppritunity, so I'm undecided on that.

Chandelure @ Leftovers/Shell Bell
Abl: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe / 84 Sp. Def? / 84 Def? / 88 Sp Atk?
Timid

Heat Wave/Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Substitute/Trick Room
Pain Split/Energy Ball/Calm Mind

CHandelure is and intersting fellow.He works well as a switch in, and the newly bred verion (31 IVs in Atk, Sp. Def, Sp. Atk, and Spe, 27 in Def.) should be able to take some havy hits, while returning them as well. Heat Wave does give 5 exta points of damage, but sacrifices the 100% Acc. of Flamethrower, so I'd like some advice on that. If I chose Substitute, I'll also chose Pain Split. If I chose Trick room, then I won't EV train in Speed, an instead give that to is defenses, as well as using Calm mind to make a variable Tank. It will cover well for Ferrothorn's Fire weakness, as well as Haxorus's Ice issues.

Now on to the undecided team mates:

Latios @ Expert Belt
Abl: Leviate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SP. Ak / 252 Spe
Timid

Dragon pulse
Surf
Hidden Power (Fire)
Psyschock

Latios comes in to cover the aforementioned team's weakness to ground types. It can replace Chandelure, but then loses the resitance to Ice, so he fills the spot when battling a team that is likely running a Ground tpye, or physical attacker with Earthquake. I rarely use Psyschock, so does anyone have a suggestion for something better for that move slot?

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Abl: Speed Boost
248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish

Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Substitute
X-Scissor

This is a standard fare, Baton Passer Ninjask, prepped to setup Haxorus or Scizor, while having at least 1 attack to avoid Taunt. While it is good for setup, its weaknesses (Fire (Although that can be taken care of with Chandelure), Ice, Electric, and especially Rock), make it somewhat difficult to mesh with the rest of the team.

Finaly,

Scizor @ Choice Band
Abl: Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Scizor would work well when there's no major fire type threats to deal with, and is more potent at surving a few hits than Haxorus. With U-Turn, it could quickly switch into Ninjask for an attack and speed boost, and sweep from there, or go into Latios or Chandelure for Fire type coverage. Bullet Punch for simple speed priority, and the rest of the, moveset is for basic Scizor counters.

So, thank you for reading, and please give your advice for any changes that you feel are needed to make this a better team, before I completely commit.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hmmm... Hi there. I have just one thing to say.

TORNADUS-T
This beast is going to sweep you!
This is the 20th RMT where im saying this. With LO or Choice Specs, he can spam stab Hurricane destroying all in his way. Just fear the power of the twitter bird.

Replace Ninjask with Sub CM jirachi, he walls Landorus and can set on chansey/blissey 's face.

Hmmm... Hi there. I have just one thing to say.

This beast is going to sweep you!
This is the 20th RMT where im saying this. With LO or Choice Specs, he can spam stab Hurricane destroying all in his way. Just fear the power of the twitter bird.

Replace Ninjask with Sub CM jirachi, he walls Landorus and can set on chansey/blissey 's face.
Well, since this is for Random Matchup, Tornadus-T doesn't exist (Thank goodness!), and Sub CM Jirachi isn't allowed. Thanks for the advice, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)