VGC '12 World Championships - Kona, HI, USA - WON by BlueCookies & Dimsun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all stop talking like Europe has it so bad when they have it by far the best right now. Europe as a whole gets 20 invites, with the chance to attend multiple Nationals. America gets 4 invites and Japan only gets 2 and had to suffer through a very poor online qualification tournament.
Sorry you would prefer 20 places at worlds to go to USA qualifiers who won Bo1 Single Elimination matches 7 wins in a row?

Yeah I don't think so.

Continue people to talk about "why europe has it so bad" because it is true to format. Nobody is ever criticising our prizes for Europe so please if you're going to write a comment like that at least consider the view point that is being taken. EDIT2: The concern is with the format, not the prizes we're being given, if you're saying we should be grateful for how it is, I am pretty sure everyone is.

Sorry to post like that but with everything I've seen people say about the european events I just think that's a narrow minded view.

EDIT: Oh and I love Ray Rizzo really. <3

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay yeah any more discussion about how the prizes aren't as good, how one country has it better than another, etc, is hereby banned from this thread

we should all be getting along nicely :)

I was planning to buy one there :D
Im actually planning to bring clothes for 1 day and buy the rest in Hawaii
as its cheaper than european clothes! What do you guys think?
Btw Solace, who is that pink-haired girl on your signature? lol
Lets stop arguing and start loving :D

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
I won several poker mtt last month, thus I'm planning to play the LCQ, if the travel isn't too expensive...

also yea bw stuff is banned, things like tailwind volcarona, i know. But for example, if i have a zapdos on BW, switch it to BW2 and learn Tailwind, which it could learn in HGSSDPP too, is this allowed?

also yea bw stuff is banned, things like tailwind volcarona, i know. But for example, if i have a zapdos on BW, switch it to BW2 and learn Tailwind, which it could learn in HGSSDPP too, is this allowed?
I suppose it is allowed, because you can't control from which game a pokémon learnt a move. There isn't a registry for that. Only from wich version was catched/traded

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not entirely certain but I'd try to avoid any Pokemon/moves/items obtained in BW2, even if they're available in other games.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I recall reading that someone was forced to drop at the Nationals due to this. Basically just don't use b/w2 and everything will be alright.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you had a Zapdos that you forgot to tutor Tailwind to before you used Pokétransfer, you can use the BW2 Tailwind tutor and it will work out fine. But DO NOT put HGSSDPPt tutors on Pokémon that were bred or caught in 5th gen, even if it would be a legal combo from the same Pokémon caught in 4th gen. Someone did that and was DQ'd at Nationals, like soul_survivor mentioned.

A confirmation about BW2 stuff

Dear Abel Sanz,
A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Hello again Abel!
Any Pokémon with moves or any other content (held items) exclusive to Black and White 2 will not be able to participate in Worlds. If you have any other questions or issues regarding this matter, please feel free to update this ticket and we will gladly assist you.
Sincerely,
Pokémon Support Team

Yea, definitely not going to this, unless I can actually get paid for being an alarm clock lol.

Pokemon.com must be pretty fed up with the BW2 questions by now, ahaha.

sad face.......... i haven't gotten my ticket to the worlds yet
Does anyone know how you were suppose to obtain it
Because mines still hasn't arrived and i'm worried???

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
they give you a travel code. then got to the pokemon travel website and confirm it

Solace

royal flush
sad face.......... i haven't gotten my ticket to the worlds yet
Does anyone know how you were suppose to obtain it
Because mines still hasn't arrived and i'm worried???
I'm not 100% certain, but from what I've heard from people who won prizes at US Nats, they got an email from TPCi with a code for a Pokemon travel site. I'd check whatever email you gave them and see if something is there.

I'm pretty sure they give you a link to a webpage as well as a code on paper and then you enter the code on that webpage to redeem your award. That's what it was for EU winners anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)