A Balanced OU team

Hi there, This is my OU team. It is balanced as you can see below. Let's get into more details below. I didn't explain the EVs since they are all self explanatory.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Toxic

Chansey is the special wall of my team. and it can also take on a few physical based pokemon, I gave it max defense since that allows it to take quite a few hits e.g surviving a banded superpower from scizor and OHKO'ing with counter. I didnt need to add many special defense EVs since with eviolite equipped it can tank them easily anyways. The only thing that does give it a bit of trouble is gengar since it can use focus blast and I can't touch it and am unable to stall it out of focus blast due to disable. Softboiled allows me to have instant recovery and stealth rock has it's obvious uses. I mainly have Stealth ROck since my team needs it as mutliscale dragonite can be a problem. Counter is for taking on physical pokemon and toxic is for stalling out special attacking pokemon.

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

A scarfed Heatran is not very common and can usually catch the opponent off guard. I also needed a pokemon on my team to outspeed those 130 base speed pokemon, so I equipped Heatran with a choice scarf. Overheat is for sheer power and I don't mind the special attack drop as I'm scarfed and I will be switching out a lot. Flamethrower is a reliable move for late game sweeping and has no risks whatsoever. Hidden power Ice is for those dragonites and Salamences thinking they can outspeed. Earth Power is for opposing fire types such as ninetails etc who can give me a lot of trouble.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gengar, a total badass in gen 5. Disable is the crux of this set. My team struggles with breloom and Conkeldurr without Skarmory and sometimes if the breloom is a swords dance variant and somehow gets upto +6 and stealth rock is up even my skarmory can't handle it. So that's why i chose gengar. Many Sweepers only carry one move that can hit gengar. Since Gengar is very fast I can setup a substitute and let the aftermentioned pokemon attack me with their only move to hit me with. I can then Disable the move thus leaving them helpless against Gengar. This will force the opponent to either switch out or leave them to die. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are for perfect neutral coverage. Black sludge is used since if I am tricked it will damage the foe.

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Landorus-T is one of my setup sweepers. It's a double dance set as you can see. I gave it an adamant nature to make it hit hard. I did not need a timid since rock polish will give double my speed allowing me to outspeed choice scarf terrakion. I gave it swords dance to boost my attack. I also gave Landorus-T rock slide due to stone edge's low accuracy. Earthquake is for stab and my primary attacking move. I like leftovers n my sweepers since it allows them to recover from damage.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

This is my second setup sweeper. It has substitute to block status and take Rotom-w's volt switch. Dragon Dance is the setup move of choice. Waterfall and earthquake provide good coverage. and after a few attack boosts even a resisted waterfall can OHKO. Leftovers are for recovery from substitute.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Skarmory, the enemy of all Physical sweepers. This is the standard skarmory set. It works well in conjuction with heatran, Landorus and blissey. Blissey sponging all the special attacks aimed at skarmory, Heatran absorbing all the fire attacks and Landorus taking the electric type attacks. Brave bird is for breloom and in case I'm taunted. Spikes is for something to do while walling others and Whirlwind is to dispose of all the boost sweepers may have gained. Roost is for recovery. Sturdy allows me to live a hit and either whirlwind a pokemon out or kill it off with brave bird.

That's about it for my team. Reply below and tell me what you think of it and PLEASE if any improvements can be made, please tell me as I know there are many things which can be improved about this team. I also need a few pokemon that have priority while also have good synergy with the team. Thanks For Reading :D

once your heatran is eliminated, you will have no answer to non-choiced dragons that have a fire type move, which is generally all of them since they know that steels will try walling them. also, how do you plan on handling dark types? Fighting types will also find it easy to sweep once your skarmory is gone and with the omnipresent conkeldurr out there you need to have a strong check to that.

once your heatran is eliminated, you will have no answer to non-choiced dragons that have a fire type move, which is generally all of them since they know that steels will try walling them. also, how do you plan on handling dark types? Fighting types will also find it easy to sweep once your skarmory is gone and with the omnipresent conkeldurr out there you need to have a strong check to that.
No I won't let them get too many boosts. A +2 fire punch from dnite can't even kill my skarm and i can easily whirlwind away. and handling dark types depends on the pokemon. if it's a physical attacking dark type ill switch to skarmory and if it's a special attacking dark type ill switch to chansey. If it's like a zoroark which may be mixed ill switch to chansey and counter predicting u-turn or something. ANd if skarmory is gone ill switch to gengar to take on conkeldurr.

Which dark type may i ask? If you're talking about Tyranitar, I belive Skarmory, Landorus and even Gyarados can handle them well, the same goes for your logic of his team weak to Dark / Fighting type once xxx pokemon is gone.

I am really suprised you are not Running Choice Scarf on your Landorus-T? It works much better since Landorus-T is slower than Landorus even with Rock Polish you need a turn to set up which is risky.

I think even Stone Edge would be better than Smack Down. Even though Stone Edge has 80 Accuracy it still hits harder than Smack Down.

Hey man, how are you doing? It's been a while since I've rated a simple Balanced team like this. It seemed to me that the goal of this team is to have one of your sweepers (either Gyarados or Landorus-T) manage a quick end-game cleanup. I like how some of your pokemon helped out with this goal. However, I can think of some changes that could really help your team in the long run.

Skarmory: One of the first things that I saw in this team was everyone's beloved SkarmBliss defensive core. This is rather effective for switching back and forth between dedicated physical or special walls. However, I feel that since you really do not have a decidated mixed wall on the team, that you could benefit from switching Skarmory to Ferrothorn. Here are a couple of reasons why. First and Foremost, your team is painfully lacking a rock resistance. This means that pokemon in Sandstorm will force you to make very uncomfortable switches. Even a Jolly LO terrakion causes you major pain. Switching into a Stone Edge and then taking a Close combat leaves skarmory out 80%. Ferrothorn also assists you in the handling of rain teams. Given his grass typing, he will have many opportunities to come in and set up on the opposition. Here would be the set that I would use for your team:

Ferothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed: 252Hp/88Def/168SpDef
~Spikes
~Leech Seed
~Gyro Ball
~Power Whip

Chansey: Chansey's number one job is to supply the team with support, in any way possible. I would prefer to see you replace Counter with Wish. This allows your chansey to fully restore all of your pokemon to full health just by wish passing. Since Chansey is your only pokemon with recovery, you might find that some of your more common switchins (like Choiced Heatran and ferrothorn) would greatly appreciate any additional recovery. This more or less allows you to get a free switchin to any pokemon you would choose, which is always greatly beneficial.

Landorus-T: I have always thought that when you have a pokemon as powerful as Landorus-T, you want to hit as hard as physically possible as quickly as possible. I've found that Landorus-T becomes very useful when you have a choiced set, since you would have the immediate power in this quick-paced metagame. I would recommend changing your set into a Choice Bandorus-T. I would recommend using the standard set, which is in the hide tags under this paragraph. I found that the set that you had could not hit nearly hard enough or quickly enough with Smack down. This new set will give you much more variety in type coverage, while still keeping powerful Rock and Ground typed moves.

Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Adamant: 4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Superpower
~U-turn

Gyarados: I understand that your EV spread would maximize attack and speed. However. You really don't need all of those EV points in Speed once you have gotten your first dance off. I checked the Magic Speed Tiers (truly a great resource), and I have found that you would benefit much greater with this EV spread: 122Hp/252Atk/136Spe, Adamant. This allows you to hit a magic speed number, 348, that would allow you to outpace a menacing threat, Jolly LO terrakion, who would otherwise give this team a bit of trouble. Another small nitpick I'd suggest for Gyarados would be replacing Earthquake with Stone Edge. There are a couple of reasons for this, really. Mainly, however, is the fact that Dragonite could set up on you all day, since your Waterfall would do pitiful damage. Additionally, you can hit just about all of the levitating Dragons harder with Stone Edge than you could otherwise. This set also gives fairly good type coverage that is walled by some notable grass types: Breloom and Ferrothorn, both of whom are checked by your Heatran set.

Gengar: I will tell you know that I am incredibly fond of your Disable Gengar set. However, I don't see it as particularly helpful to your team. I believe that your gengar, even without Life Orb, is much too frail for use on this team, which is more geared towards more bulky pokemon. I would like to suggest to you a pokemon that would completely remove any difficulties that rain would give you, while still being able to spinblock effectively. I'd recommend Jellicent over Gengar. Jellicent has always been used to spread status around the opposition's team. If this is done successfully, you will find that many holes will develop in the opposition, due to their weakened state. This allows you to use Gyarados to nab a quick Moxie boost. Here is the set I'd recommend you use.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold: 248Hp/172Def/88Spe
~Scald
~Recover
~Toxic
~Taunt

This set will allow you to always taunt Skarmory (even if it puts the extra EV in speed). No other Jellicent that I know of runs this much speed, so you are guaranteed to win that battle, too. Many pokemon that would come in on Jellicent would not like poisons. The Latias and Latios, Rotoms, and opposing Jellicent become crippled. Be careful of opposing Pursuiters, as they will open up you, and allow a spinner to spin.

I am also surprised. Choice Scarf is probably the superior choice. Getting off Swords Dance + Rock Polish is pretty risky and Smack Down + Earthquake is resisted by a good amount of Pokemon. Some Pokemon can easily revenge it too. I suggest changing it to Scarf.

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Moves:
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Landorus-T is a great revenge killer due to access of Intimidate and a massive Attack stat. It can also help for scouting, as it learns U-turn. Next, on Gyarados, I highly suggest using Bounce > Earthquake. This allows you to hit Celebi super effectively, who would otherwise wall you. This metagame is also filled with Fighting-types, so it hits them super effectively too. It also gives you a solid move to hit against Ferrothorn. Now, since you have a revenge killer, Heatran isn't needed. Since we changed Landorus-T into a scarf variant, a special sweeper would be a nice addition over Heatran. A Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi fits your team pretty well, as it can take on the role of a sweeper, while also tanking special Dragon-type attacks.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
Moves:
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Substitute eliminates any status making it an amazing move for Jirachi to sweep. Thunderbolt is needed for the great coverage it has. Flash Cannon can be used over Psyshock, but Psyshock reliably hits special defensive walls such as the pink blobs. Maximum speed is used to set up easier and help it not get revenge killed by other base 100 speed Pokemon such as Ninetales and Volcarona. Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)