Pokémon Ranger Discussion

Just for clarification, the original game's Manaphy is the only Pokémon that can be transferred from any of the 3 Ranger games to a main series game without having activated a long-since ended event, right?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are you referring to the Ranger cartridge or the D/P/Pt/HG/SS cartridge that receives the egg?
Ranger Cartridge.

I only played the original game; Personally, I enjoyed the experience. It was a nice change of pace from the other Pokemon Games, & it was the sort of game most bought just for some Pokemon (Manaphy), but to get there, you had to play, what was simply put, a great game; 10-20 hours of your life well spent, through the fun parts & the frustration when things became very difficult.

Salamence, Steelix, & Entei were easily the hardest bosses of the bunch in the first game. Salamence was extremely frustrating in the way you had to wait for it to land, circle it 26-28 times before it started flying again...That was an absolute bitch to do. Steelix was virtually impossible without Sneasel, since it was so fucking long & damaged on contact, & Entei, being the last boss of the game...Those annoying fire hazards, & its invulnerability at first...Charizard was an annoying fucker as well, but compared to Salamence...

All in all, the original was a great game, shame I never played the other two...

Ranger Cartridge.

I only played the original game; Personally, I enjoyed the experience. It was a nice change of pace from the other Pokemon Games, & it was the sort of game most bought just for some Pokemon (Manaphy), but to get there, you had to play, what was simply put, a great game; 10-20 hours of your life well spent, through the fun parts & the frustration when things became very difficult.

Salamence, Steelix, & Entei were easily the hardest bosses of the bunch in the first game. Salamence was extremely frustrating in the way you had to wait for it to land, circle it 26-28 times before it started flying again...That was an absolute bitch to do. Steelix was virtually impossible without Sneasel, since it was so fucking long & damaged on contact, & Entei, being the last boss of the game...Those annoying fire hazards, & its invulnerability at first...Charizard was an annoying fucker as well, but compared to Salamence...

All in all, the original was a great game, shame I never played the other two...
That limit is really a shame. I'll definitely have to receive the egg on HG/SS to [basically] ensure that I hit the right frame and seed since I'll have to save and trade the egg to another game in order for it to hatch shiny.

And 10-20 hours to complete on your first time playing any Ranger game? Not bad. How long does the Manaphy mission (in the original Ranger) take?

That limit is really a shame. I'll definitely have to receive the egg on HG/SS to [basically] ensure that I hit the right frame and seed since I'll have to save and trade the egg to another game in order for it to hatch shiny.

And 10-20 hours to complete on your first time playing any Ranger game? Not bad. How long does the Manaphy mission (in the original Ranger) take?
I can't say with a lot of confidence, given that I've only played that mission once (a very fun mission, btw), but I would say no more than an hour.

An hour? Nah, I've played it for the first time only about two months ago and it took me no more than 15-20 minutes. It's the only post-game mission that doesn't involve capturing a boss, making it very fast.

I've played the first two games of the series and I have mixed feelings about them.

The first game was by far one of the toughest Pokemon games ever and it actually required both skill and persistency. Steelix and Charizard were extremely difficult for me, with Salamence close behind. I took hours to beat these 4 Dragons and over a week to beat the game.
^This, although I'd wager to say that Entei was the hardest to face, holy crap. Mew was pretty hard, too, until I figured out that I needed to catch a Shedinja and use the Ghost-Type Assist.

It was the only one in the series that I played, and I thought it was just okay. It was rather linear, it got repetitive at times, and the story was kinda dumb. Although, the game got really interesting/fun/frustrating during some parts (4 dragons, end battle). Truth be told, though, the one and only reason I bought it was for the Manaphy egg.

I played only Shadows of Almia but it was actually pretty fun overall (and steel assists are overpowered imo, immobilise dude, do a few loops, immobilise him again, etc. its extremely broken). Finished the entire game, and I found Regigigas was easier than Darkrai rofl (disappearing pokemon are annoying). Remembering the times when I got stuck at Rampardos and pretty much ragequitted (because I forgot to change my partner to Shieldon), eh...

I've only played Guardian Signs. It was a Christmas Present. My favourite parts about it were the adorable (and kind of over powered) uklele pichu, storyline (simple, but it worked), graphics and past. I thought the graphics were nice because everything was more to scale. As for the past, its a nice break from the relaxing and easy main game and it's alot of fun to play with friends.

I've played, and own, all three.

I've finished the first one once, and I've never been able to repeat the miracle. Salamence and Flygon in the jungle place temple thing were hell. I scratched up my old DS thanks to them. Also, I don't know if it was just me and my lack of hand-eye coordination, but those Gyarados that fired at you sucked too. After the first time, I've never made it past the jungle place temple thing. Steelix was surprisingly easy.

The second one is my personal favorite. The plot's good, thought it's pretty easy to figure out who the evil team is, there's more stuff that keeps it interesting. It was also possible to do multiple times, which appeals to me greatly. I didn't have much trouble at any point.

The third one, I don't know. It was okay, but not as good as the second, though better than the first in several areas. I've played through it once, and I've just never had the ambition to play through it again. The multiplayer seems cool, but there's no one I really know to play with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)