On Pokemon Showdown's teambuilder UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thats probably planned but is very low on the priority list.though i do agree asthetics can be better

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We can change IVs, but there is no way to confirm Hidden Power's typing and power until I enter battle - may you implement in team builder a way to check our Pokemon's Hidden Power? It would be groovy if PS! lists all the diff IV combinations for a particular Hidden Power types and base power, too.

Thanks, Zarel!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not one to bash the teambuilder, but I would absolutely love WillSO's suggestion. It's just so much easier than using /data or pulling up the Pokemon's analysis if you want to quickly check base stats.

Also, something I just thought of, being able to sort Pokemon by stats would be cool (they can be pseudo-sorted by typing in part of a name, a type, or an ability).

Also, something I just thought of, being able to sort Pokemon by stats would be cool (they can be pseudo-sorted by typing in part of a name, a type, or an ability).
Psst. You can do something like that already. Click in the box under the word "pokemon" when looking for a pokemon. If you are looking for a pokemon with particular type, type the type. A particular ability? Type the ability.

Sometimes, playing around leads to wonderful discoveries.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
HP values (or, at least, percents that are truncated a bit less) for the sake of SR, LO, and whatnot in battles are a good idea. When I have 25% I don't know what that means due to truncation (the same can be said of 10% etc.). The same values could be seen in the scrollover as well.
Look in the bottom right of the battle window. Now look just below that. See the thing that looks like a fraction? It's your hp

breh

強いだね
Look in the bottom right of the battle window. Now look just below that. See the thing that looks like a fraction? It's your hp
This was changed on the same day that I posted. I'm not sure why you felt the need to respond.

Hi first post but it might aswell be feedback:

only a couple things i have found would be really nice (coming from a slight newbies POV aswell, so either take these with a pinch of salt, or consider that more newbies are getting into the game):

1) Possibly have a direct link or button that opens a new page, or window, inside the pokemon browser which brings up the Smogon page for that pokemon, allowing you to read about builds and stat layouts aswell as popular/viable movesets and the reasoning behind them, having the "Viable" list suggests that picking 4 random viable moves constitutes a viable moveset, which in reality it does not. (eg if you type in Gengar in the pokemon browser there is a link to http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/gengar right there)

2) Recently used or popular sets for pokemon, keep this as a top 3/4 thing because loads of people love making shady sets to keep people guessing, but like the viable move list this could be reserved for tested favourites or sets to look out for, defining the meta-game a bit more and also giving people a good idea of what their chosen pokemon is commonly used for.

3) When you pick a bracket/tier for you team from the menu, it should warn or notify you something like "This Pokemon/Move/Ability is not allowed in the tier you selected [OU]" ; I built a team the other day and got ready to play, and it took me up to the point of recieving a challenge from my friend (who had also spent time building his team prior) before i realised i had a pokemon who was tiered too high to compete (even though i had already stated my team was UU, then proceded to put in an OU pokemon)

Just a few ideas to consider, great job though im enjoying PS alot!

Sorry if this has been posted/added already but I have had a quick read of the thread and not noticed this here or on PS but...
What I would really like to see is a something similar to the "viable moves" section, except for items. I think this would make the game more accessible to noobs like me who generally just check smogon for movesets or go for standard items like lefties, the choice items, life orb, toxic orb for guts etc.
I know there are a few pokemon out there who can be viable with berries and various other items which aren't often seen otherwise. This sort of viable items list would also make it easier to see what sort of sets a pokemon usually uses. For example, you may see in the viable moves for Butterfree there are a few 'viable' special attacking moves, but that doesn't mean it's sensible to give it choice specs.

I would also like a way to change the order of a team without having to cut and paste the text in the import/export option.

And as for the EV sliders, I like the way the EVs and IVs are handled as they are. Sliders may improve accessibility but personally I'm not a fan of them and I'm worried they'd ruin the feel of the UI (I don't know why they would).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You can still use it in battle. Just type in Swords Dance yourself - the teambuilder is wrong in at least this instance.

Shedinja sucks anyway, why do people still use it ;_;

Quite frankly, I love the way it looks. The only thing I would change, maybe, would be the stat bar in the upper right. For whatever reason, when I put more than 200 EVs into a stat, it'll wrap around and distort the view of the stat directly below it. Not sure if that's specifically firefox users, or what.
Also, for whatever reason, it's absolutely impossible for me to use any aspect of the team builder on Google Chrome, my typical browser. Is that just me, or are others having this problem as well?

EDIT: It appears I'm not the only one having this problem. A friend of mine just contacted me saying he's having the same issue on Firefox, and of course, Dinosaurdan, below, has also confirmed.

Quite frankly, I love the way it looks. The only thing I would change, maybe, would be the stat bar in the upper right. For whatever reason, when I put more than 200 EVs into a stat, it'll wrap around and distort the view of the stat directly below it. Not sure if that's specifically firefox users, or what.
I'm having that same problem, of course I use FireFox too. It would be cool if this was fixed.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
yeah the stats bar looks 100% funky in ff, the numbers and stuff are jumping all over the place.

the ability to search through a pokemon's available moves via Physical, Special or Support moves... and the ability to seacrh through moves via Type.. this would be very useful

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
the ability to search through a pokemon's available moves via Physical, Special or Support moves... and the ability to seacrh through moves via Type.. this would be very useful
This is already possible. Type 'physical', 'special', 'status', or the name of a type into the move search box.

The teambuilder on iPhone (or android) doesn't snap to fit the page. It is a little annoying to have to slide around the screen to find the correct box. Not sure if you can fix it but it would be nice.

P.S. I know i have said it before but thanks for all the hard work you put in. Showdown is awesome!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Zarel, are you planning to implement team-sorting capabilities? People who make a lot of teams for different tiers or purposes (tournament teams, test teams, etc) end up having a large list of teams, and it would be awesome if we can sort these teams by categories (like folders).

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zarel, are you planning to implement team-sorting capabilities? People who make a lot of teams for different tiers or purposes (tournament teams, test teams, etc) end up having a large list of teams, and it would be awesome if we can sort these teams by categories (like folders).
Zarel said:
There's no way to reorder teams/pokemon/moves yet, these are planned
I'm assuming the reordering teams part would include being able to sort them by tier, and similar things like that. That's immediately what I thought of when I first read that, months ago.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To search move Type, just type in the specific one you're looking for (e.g. For an Ice move, type "Ice" into the move search, and a list of ice moves will appear).

I think it would be nice to include what tier the Pokemon is in under it's data entry; it saves the trouble of looking up a poke's name only to scroll through each tier to see if it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)