New/Creative movesets — Little Cup edition!

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol. acting like insulting blara isnt common place.
Joltik

Joltik (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 60 SAtk / 116 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt

ill write something soon.

I have an idea for a STepig set.

(INSERT TEPIG SPRITE HERE)

Name: The Baconator

-Flare Blitz
-Superpower/Body Slam/Wild Charge
-Superpower/Body Slam/Wild Charge
-Curse

Item: Leftovers
Brave
252 HP/252 Att/4SpD

Rather than boosting Speed with Flame Charge, this set uses Tepig's already high Attack and good HP for Curse, turning it into a monstrous attacker. Flare Blitz is the obvious STAB, hitting common Grass-, Steel- and Bug-Types hard. The next two slots are fillers, giving Tepig more coverage. Superpower smacks Rock- and Dark-Types around, Body Slam is for general coverage and paralysis chance and Wild Charge to crush Water- and Flying-Types. Curse is the last move for turning into an absolute physical beast. Try setting up on something like Ferroseed or another Pokemon that can't harm you.

Sorry if this set sucks, it's my first ever comment and custom set for LC.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First off, that's not the way Little Cup EVs work, and second off Leftovers almost never have value over Eviolite. In the future, please test your sets before posting them, and also hop onto our irc channel (pm me if you have questions on how to get there) to get some feedback from the community prior to posting.

Sorry about that last bit, I was a tad cranky. Turns out Eviolite IS better, but I find that those EVs work fine.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
and i find that EVs: 156 HP / 92 Atk / 236 SDef with a careful nature will do much better overall. only missing out on 1 hp and 2 attack, but gaining the ability to tank special hits from things like misdreavus much better.

I've been using this to mild sucess and am hoping to get some ideas outside of 'turn it into the standard status sweeper.' I wanted to use teddiursa cause its a boss but am finding some trouble with the coverage, even suggestions for teamates would be nice.

Teddiursa (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Frustration
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The initial idea came from me needing a normal type and a bulky sweeper, restalk popped into mind, and the first thing i realised was that being asleep would piss me off. So why not abuse it? The abilites now came to mind, guts, quick feet, marvel scale. Marvel scale is only on dratini who is better off with shed skin, looking at quick feet users teddiursa stuck out for being cute and awesome. First there was facade in there but me and teddy here found out it doesnt double in power when asleep for some reason so naturally teddy got frustrated, crunch is the thing to hit ghosts/rocks/psychics with. And restalk is restalk. This set could use cross chop+return with pursuit trapping since only ghost resists normal/fighting. This hasnt been working the best so im loking for suggestions.

This here was teddiursa's partner in nap time. He stuck out when i looked through guts users he stood out, using him over timburr for having a powerfull STAB attack though timburrs extra recovery in drain punch could help. This thing has had great sucess for me on pokemon showdown.

Machop (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Atk / 196 Def / 236 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Cross Chop
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback

Here i was going for max bulk unlike maxing attack and speed like on teddy, guts provides a good attack boost when asleep too. cross chop hits hard to put it simply, even with the minimal attack investment. You should try this sometime maybe with timburr if you dont like machop doing this.

Anyways i experimented with the likes of makuhita and would have tried larvitar had it not been for it being rock/ground and having two x4 weaknesses, has it been pure rock or ground i would have used it while makuhita couldnt pull of a restalk set if there was a magikarp infront of it.

Through quick feet users they either lacked bulk or power, sometimes booth or generally have something better to do with status.

Any other ideas for restalk status abusers that i have overlooked/not seen the potential of.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion

Croagunk
Moveset Name: Bulky Priority
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Drain Punch
Move 3: Sucker Punch
Move 4: Shadow Ball / Knock Off
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch / Dry Skin
Nature(s): Brave / Adamant
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe

This is a Croagunk set that I consider to be the best at the moment.

Fake Out is obvious and even more fun since BW2 released Poison Touch. Although if you don't have a Lileep or like to spread better status with you team, Dry Skin is probably the superior ability, although that extra bit of damage can often come in handy. People are usually a bit too paranoid to attack you with a water-type attack anyway, unless they see you poison a Pokemon.

Drain Punch actually helps you beat all of Scraggy, unlike shitty vacuum wave, as well as just being your strong STAB + recovery attack.

Sucker Punch is again obvious and your strongest priority, helping you revenge stuff that have gotten out of control especially when combined with Fake Out (and possibly Poison Touch).

Shadow Ball is mostly for Misdreavus, although it can 2HKO FD Natu with SR who usually carries just HP Flying.

Knock Off can help you fuck with stuff and is just good utility in general, as well as being able to 2HKO (0 HP EV) Misdreavus without SR, provided you Knock Off the Eviolite then Sucker Punch. Although Will-o-Wisp can stop this as well as only being able to 4-5HKO Eviolite Misdreavus with it should you not be able to land a Sucker Punch on it.

There's also a plethora of other options that could also go in the last slot, for instance:

-Substitute could definitely help in certain situations, such as when playing mind games with Protect Drilbur or forcing a Misdreavus to attack to break your sub in order to land a Sucker Punch.

-Icy Wind, Low Sweep, Bulldoze (jesus if this thing got technician..) to lower a switchin's speed then nail them with a Drain Punch, they aren't too strong, but they can definitely pluck off plenty of weakened Pokemon.

Thanks to those magic even numbered defenses these EVs help you dodge a 2HKO from both a +1 HJK from a non-Adamant Scraggy as well as Shadow Balls from an Eviolite Misdreavus. Max attack is obvious and it allows you to 2HKO (0 HP EV) Eviolite Misdreavus with Shadow Ball + Sucker Punch with SR (8 min/avg + 12 avg + 2 from SR = 22/22 HP). The leftovers can only go into speed or special attack, Brave speed still helps you outspeed 36 Spe Lileep and tie with Hippopotas the extra Spa doesn't help that much (not with Misdreavus definitely), but it does help 2HKO Eviolite Natu without SR, which is something to consider. With Adamant, speed is obviously the superior option.

I don't remember much of when I first made this set, but I remember things like you can beat Eviolite Clamperl one on one by using Fake Out + Drain Punch + Sucker Punch, once it Shell Smashes or just Drain Punch to death if it doesn't. If you don't have Dry Skin you better hope it believes you do though :P. Also this same EV spread appears on the first page on this thread if its any indication of its viability.

Drilbur
Moveset Name: Support
Move 1: Rapid Spin
Move 2: Stealth Rock / Swords Dance
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Rock Slide
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe

Everybody knows about this one now. Someone used this set on me a while back and it was annoying, but good.

Mold Breaker allows Earthquake to 2HKO both Bronzor and Misdreavus. Misdreavus can no longer just switch into you willy nilly trying to block your Rapid Spin unless it wants to get 2HKOd by Earthquake, which does even more than Shadow Claw did. Speaking of which, you don't have to waste a moveslot on that shitty move anymore just to check said bitch, so Rock Slide is now the superior option, as you're not going to be 2HKOing Lileep with +0 X-Scissor anytime soon. Also, Drilbur scares the fuck out of Dwebble even with Rock Blast's borked numbers.

There's hardly a difference, KO wise, between max attack and 17 atk, but there is a difference for those defense EVs (there are some obscure calcs for things such as defensive Chinchou dodging a OHKO by a 17 atk EQ by 1 point, but getting OHKO'd by an 18 attacker, but thats pretty rare and easily resolved by any type of prior damage such as weather or hazards). Jolly and max speed EVs allows for you to outspeed most Mienfoo, all Dwebble (except retarded things like Choice Scarf), and etc.

name: Bulky Attacker
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Toxic / Blizzard
move 4: Recover
item: Eviolite
nature: Modest
evs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpA / 36 Spe
ability: Cursed Body

I've been contemplating this set for a short while.

It's basically Staryu, but with less speed, more bulk, and better defensive typing, and no rapid spin. So it's not really like Staryu, but you understand what I mean. Fighting-types (always bar Scraggy) can't do anything back to you except Knock Off usually. Although you can't do much back to Croagunk, it usually can't do shit back to you, so you would probably beat it one on one by just Giga Drain'ing it to death and recovering off any weak attacks if the situation ever called for it.

Basically I've ran a couple of calcs and stuff and came up with an ev spread that lets Frillish dodge a 2HKO from Staryu's Thunderbolt, Abra's Shadow Ball, Lileep's Giga Drain, Croagunk's Sucker Punch, and Timburr's Thunderpunch; as well as dodge a OHKO from LO Missy's Shadow Ball, Eviolite Murkrow's Sucker Punch, LO Chinchou's Thunderbolt, and LO Houndour's Sucker Punch. Frillish can in turn, some may be needed to be caught on the switch in, 2HKO Staryu and Chinchou with Giga Drain, while it 2HKOs Misdreavus, Stunky, and Eviolite Murkrow (OHKO after SR + BB recoil) with Hydro Pump, and OHKO Houndour and LO Murkrow (beware LO Murkrow's SP OHKOs, better to Recover till it kills itself with recoil, you negate LO Drill Peck's damage anyway) with Hydro Pump.

It outspeeds Hippopotas by having 11 Speed with 36 Spe EVs.

Should you decide to use Frillish in Hail you would be able to 2HKO most Lileep's with Blizzard, but only if you catch it on the switch in, as it will 2HKO you in the hail and dodge your 2HKO thanks to Giga Drain (or really thanks to BW2 :p), unless it has been weakened at least 4 damage prior.

Although that set obviously has problems with SR and other hazards possibly making some attacks that previously 3HKO Frillish, 2HKO it instead, hail is also a double-edged sword should you use it.

--

Here are some small tweaks to already well known sets:

Lileep
Moveset Name: Tank
Move 1: Recover
Move 2: Giga Drain
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Barrier
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm
EVs: 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpD

Thanks to BW2 you can have Giga Drain and Storm Drain on the same set. Basically this is an update to my Sandless Special Sponge that I posted earlier in the thread, but with Barrier over Hidden Power and Giga Drain. Barrier is mostly something I'm in the testing process with right now and hasn't outright helped me yet, although it hasn't been put it in the situation where I'm thinking it can help. I'm thinking Barrier can help me beat non parafuse Murkrow, Mienfoo, and a lot of other non set-up physical attackers much easier. For instance: a 156 Atk Mienfoo's HJK fails to 2hko +2 def (one barrier) Lileep:

17 Atk vs 48 Def & 26 HP (130 Base Power): 12 - 14 (46.15% - 53.85%) - average of 12 damage

If I can pull off a Barrier on Mienfoo's switch in then a Barrier again, then I can Recover off the damage then proceed to kill it with Toxic or Giga Drain, this goes for several other physical attacking Pokemon as well.

Although for Mienfoo, be aware that it can very possibly carry Knock Off, Toxic, or Taunt, all very deadly things for this type of set, although you can slightly manage with Knock Off, with Toxic or Taunt you're done. Hopefully it carries Payback over all of those moves though :P.

Also just a short tidbit about the EVs since they differ in the latest analysis for Lileep, I prefer 140 SpD, which is possible without HP Rock, because it has several admittedly small benefits to it when you calc more things than the obvious ice beam off of (insert water-type here), since most special attacks do the same to 17 SpD Lileep.

For one, with 26 HP and 18 SpD (+Eviolite) it can switch into a Blizzard from Eviolite Staryu/Chinchou (or Frillish :P), take 12 damage + 1 hail damage, then take another Blizzard taking 12 damage then before taking a fatal extra 1 damage from hail, you can spam Recover until their Blizzard runs out of PP. Whereas with 17 SpD, you take an average of 14 damage, which is a 2HKO.

Another benefit I've found from calcs is that you take less from Magnemite's Flash Cannon, although it still usually 2HKOs you, you can more likely survive late game when you'd likely be more weakened in order to fire off a desperate last attack that could be game changing. It will also dodge a 2HKO from LO 16 SpA Fire Blast Houndour, although some run 17 SpA now.

It's rather situational so one more point in attack and speed is more beneficial.

Misdreavus
Moveset Name: Nasty Plot
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Shadow Ball
Move 3: Thunderbolt
Move 4: Destiny Bond
Nature: Timid
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe

Alright so this one definitely isn't too new or creative since it's basically the Nasty Plot set with Destiny Bond slapped over Hidden Power Fighting, but I'd like to spread the word of this set's success for me. I used to only be able to use Choice Scarf Misdreavus well, but I've definitely found a nice balance in this set.

I needed a set that would be a decent spinblocker to accompany Dwebble's hazards, but still threaten so it doesn't just sit there and die, so since Staryu was the premier Rapid Spinner, Thunderbolt was a must. Although Shadow Ball 2HKOs on average, a +2 Shadow Ball did not OHKO, so that justified Thunderbolt enough for me. Thunderbolt also helps with other Pokemon weak to it, such as the ever deadly Special Defensive Tirtouga. It also hits Normal-types not named Munchlax or Lickitung, strong enough for me not to miss Hidden Power Fighting too much at all, and Destiny Bond helps to fill the void any who.

I played Misdreavus with the priorities of stop rapid spinning at all costs first, then using it as my early/mid game attacker if they had no pokemon capable of Rapid Spinning (or I knew they didn't have it), they're team didn't mind hazards, or I if I couldn't get hazards up because Dwebble bit the dust.

Misdreavus is often met with Pokemon, such as Houndour or Stunky, that would destroy it or force mind games no matter what coverage move I had, or Pokemon that my team cannot break and/or are about to sweep, so Destiny Bond was a natural choice.

It works rather well as Misdreavus is not only fast but is such a big threat and very capable of sweeping that opponents are fairly hasty to get rid of it, rather than waiting around letting it possibly set up. Because of this, Misdreavus can often do something like set up on Bronzor, KO it eventually, then Destiny Bond when low on health and/or unable to KO the current Pokemon. Destiny Bond also helps with mind games versus Sub Roost Murkrow and other Sucker Punch Pokemon, usually at least taking them with me should I succumb to a Sucker Punch to the face.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Croagunk
Moveset Name: Bulky Priority
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Drain Punch
Move 3: Sucker Punch
Move 4: Shadow Ball / Knock Off
Ability: Poison Touch / Dry Skin
Nature(s): Brave / Adamant
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe

I actually really like this set. If you are facing a defensive Will-o-Wisp Missy, you can deal with her pretty easily using Shadow Ball. Offensive Missy falls even easier to priority Sucker Punch alongside the aforementioned Shadow Ball. I also find this set rather useful for beating Meinfoo, due to a resist of Drain Punch/HJK. Drain Punch isn't going to be sweeping teams, but it's strong enough to do the job it needs to do.

Al_Alchemist said:

Drilbur
Moveset Name: Support
Move 1: Rapid Spin
Move 2: Stealth Rock / Swords Dance
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Rock Slide
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe

This is my new lead. Its amazing for starting off the match with either Stealth Rock or a Mold Breaker Earthquake. Its hard to switch straight to a blocker like Missy or especially Gastly because Levitate goes away and they eat it from Earthquake. This usually means that you can get a good spin off pretty easily. Once again, it's not going to be sweeping teams, but it is actually strong enough to provide solid team support paired with decent offenses.

Al_Alchemist said:

name: Bulky Attacker
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Toxic / Blizzard
move 4: Recover
item: Eviolite
nature: Modest
evs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpA / 36 Spe
ability: Cursed Body

Me and Al attempted to use this on one of the teams we concocted together, but it didn't really do well. It's stopped pretty easily by Specially Defensive Lileep, and once it loses its Eviolite, opponents really don't have much trouble beating it down. It has a huge fear of Knock Off, which also hindered Defensive Frillish. All in all, this set could work, it just hasn't in the instances I have tried it.

Al_Alchemist said:

Lileep
Moveset Name: Tank
Move 1: Recover
Move 2: Giga Drain
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Barrier
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm
EVs: 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpD

I find this set to be very situational. I think that a Hidden Power of some sort in the last slot would work fine, but Barrier is alright depending on what you need. If you barrier on the switch, Lileep will actually live a High Jump Kick from the likes of Scraggy and Mienfoo. This may seem impressive, but Scraggy has Dragon Dance and Mienfoo has Knock Off. Pretty situational and could be helpful as a last ditch effort against either of these mons, but after using it myself, I wasn't that impressed.

Al_Alchemist said:

Misdreavus

This set is actually quite good. If you use Destiny Bond correctly, you can play some serious mindgames with your opponent. Missy vs. Croagunk. Gunk uses Sucker Punch while you use Destiny Bond. Now if he kills you before you move, you both die. If he doesn't move first, he dies and you continue sweeping. So you Shadow Ball and either way Croagunk is dead. This is a great partner for something that is stopped by a one-time wall, like Stunky. With that gone, you can open up the path for another sweeper. Also, you have major 4MSS with this set, I personally like Thunderbolt, but I have seen others use HP Fighting in that spot.

I've been testing out some LC sets i came up with and the following are a big sucess.

Aipom@silk Scarf
Adamant
236Atk 236spd 36HP
Fake Out
Return
Nasty Plot
Baton Pass

I Found That Silk Scarf Boosted Stab Return OHKOs Timburr Lacking Mach Punch About 60% of the Time. DD Scraggy Take A Decent Hit From Return And You Can Switch To A Ghost To Avoid The Inevitable Drain Punch/HJK. Fake Out Is For Priority and Even With Silk SCarf Has Yet To Do More Then 5% To A Rock/Steel pokemon. Nasty Plot Whenever you Can And Baton Pass The Heck Outta There. I Never BP But When I Do I BP Nasty Plot To This Guy:

Gastly@Eviolite
Timid
236SpA 236spe 36 def
Sub
Shadow Ball
Tbolt
Sludge Bomb

I Like This guy Alot. I've Swept more With him Than i think Any pokemon i've used on po or ps. Tbolt OHKOs any water pokemon that has stepped in front of me. i hate swift swim though. Shadow ball Does a number On missy Getting A 2HKO no Matter What Missy i'm Fighting. Sludge Bomb OHKOs Grass poke weak to it. It Also OHKOs Some Variant Of Mienfoo As I've Noticed. Tbolt Also Does a number To That Annoying Little F@#$ prankster Murkrow. Shadow ball Smashes All Variant Of Diglett bar Focus Sash. but My Favorite Is Subbing on A predicted Sucker Punch. Although People Always think I Have A Choice item. I Run Eviolite With those Ev's Because I Leaves Gastly With 15 def And SpD. Allowing Him To Sometimes take shadow Balls from missy. I've Notice He Takes 3-4 Tpunches from Cubone.

Buneary@Iron Ball
Klutz
Adamant
236atk 236spe 36def
Fake out
Return
Circle Throw
Switcheroo

Love Her. Fake out Does A decent chunk Of Damage. Circle Throw OHKO'd A few Kabuto I Faced. Return has Hit Very Hard For meh. switcheroo Normally Gives Me An Eviolite which is why i have those def evs. I've Found fake Out+switcheroo+Circle throw in that order is very annoying if you can tank a hit or two. and normally after switcheroo you can. fake out their lead. switcheroo whatever they have out. then circle throw them a useless pokemon. return untill Ko'd or switched.

lileep@Eviolite
Bold
Storm Drain
220def 220SpD 70Hp OR SpA
Giga Drain
Ancient Power
Sand Storm
Stockpile

This Is A Boss pokemon. Giga drain+sand Storm Has OHKO'd Entire rain Teams. although They Always Predict It Having Storm Drain. Can Tank 3 Stab Rain-boosted Waterfalls From An Adamant Kabuto. It's 2HKO'd But Anorith Brick Breaks Though. sandstorm For The Weather Damage And SpD boost. Ev Spread Allow For The Following Defenses Eviolite Inc.
23/24 hp
9atk
24 def (W/eviolite
12/13SpA
24spD(W/Eviolite
8 (or was it nine?)spe

Giga drain hits hard.Ancient Power Hits okay and Has The chance for the everything boost. stockpile increases already massive defenses. infact rough estimates of stockpiles make for some thing like this
24 def/spD w/o stockpile
32def/spD w/1 stockpile
40def/SpD w/2 Stockpile
48 def W/3 stockpile
56def/SpD w/3 stockpile/one Ancient Power boost
64 def/SpD w/3 stockpile/two Ancient power boost
72 def/spd w/3 stockpil/ancient power
and some thing like 72def/108 spD w/3 stockpile/ancient power in sand.
so The thing Is A Tank. how ever it will not live long enough to get those boosts. i've never used stock pile but the base unboosted defenses +giga drain have done better than i thought.

So Whaddya think?

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
@Jiro Uchida:

Aipom@silk Scarf
Adamant
236Atk 236spd 36HP
Fake Out
Return
Nasty Plot
Baton Pass
I don't really understand why you would use would use Silk Scarf over Life Orb, even if you're only using Normal-type moves, as you have a higher damage output with Life Orb, and it's not exactly like the extra recoil damage would change most of the KOs Aipom would suffer, as without Eviolite, it's pretty frail and would falter to most attacks anyway. Your EV spread is also off, it should be 72 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe in order not to waste any EV points as you weren't getting any points in HP with only 36 EVs. Also, why did you decide Adamant instead of Jolly, the extra speed tie chance with the other 19 speeders could mean the difference between a Baton Pass or a dead +2 Aipom, should you even be able to pull off a Nasty Plot.

Unfortunately, Timburr almost always carries Mach Punch, or at least everyone I've seen, and it would usually rather Drain Punch for the OHKO and recovery anyway. Scraggy can set up on you as you do whatever you want to it, as you won't KO it and if you NP pass to Gastly, it would just kill it and continue its sweep.

It seems like you were trying to combine both the Lead and Baton Pass set to rather lackluster results. Perhaps you could just slap an Eviolite on there, change the nature to Jolly, fix the EVs (possibly more defensively if there's any significance for it against common attackers), and possibly slip on Shadow Claw if you want a way to deal with Misdreavus, as you 2HKO with LO, if you also decide to go with that instead of Eviolite. You definitely don't have to go with a special attacker just because you have Nasty Plot on the set, especially since Aipom isn't exactly a specially oriented attacker, and it's good that you saw that.

Gastly@Eviolite
Timid
236SpA 236spe 36 def
Sub
Shadow Ball
Tbolt
Sludge Bomb
Your EV spread is a bit off again, not all attackers have their speed and attacks end in 236 EVs, Gastly in particular has its speed and special attack end in 196 EVs (or 200 EVs should you use HP Fighting or anything that lowers the IV to 30). If you decide to use Eviolite, the EV Spread 36 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe would be most optimal, as you want a non 20 HP number to get 4 subs instead of 3. Although, it might be more beneficial to use Oran Berry since you're using Substitute, but still use that EV Spread, or 40 Def / 200 SAtk / 200 Spd if you ever decide to use Hidden Power Fighting. The Gastly EV spread on the analysis is oddly off as well..

It's a decent set, I just don't understand why you would use it over Misdreavus, as you miss that 19 speed benchmark, the awesome bulk, and you lose to opposing Misdreavus one on one, as they're 2HKOd by your Shadow Ball, but they OHKO you with theirs and outspeed you (should you not be able to get a Substitute up).

Buneary@Iron Ball
Klutz
Adamant
236atk 236spe 36def
Fake out
Return
Circle Throw
Switcheroo
Your EVs are going slightly over the real benchmarks, its not affecting anything "real" other than aesthetics, but just for future reference the benchmarks are 228 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe. Interesting set, I always suck with using Buneary though, so I don't really have much to comment for it.

lileep@Eviolite
Bold
Storm Drain
220def 220SpD 70Hp OR SpA
Giga Drain
Ancient Power
Sand Storm
Stockpile
Setting up sandstorm on your own just isn't worth it and Recover is just so good for keeping Lileep alive I'd be surprised to see a good set without it. Ancient Power might be better replaced by Hidden Power Rock or Toxic, just to give off better damage or to help with the stalling nature of this set. Although I can definitely see the fun appeal of Ancient Power's chance of stat ups, it's still a pretty low chance. Stockpile doesn't really help it beat any special attackers that it doesn't already beat or lose to, because of that I think Barrier would be the superior option, especially if you use this set in the sand, where you probably should be anyway. Barrier actually helps you take on really strong physical attacks, such as Mienfoo's HJK, whereas Stockpile fails to give you enough defense. Also, your EVs overall are not really optimal, a spread of 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SpD with a Bold nature in the sand might work best or a spread of 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SpA / 64 SpD / 16 Spe with calm nature would also work better, should you fear sand being taken away from you or you don't use Hippopotas on your team.

Ray Jay

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is what wins my games

Dratini @ Eviolite
Adamant | Marvel Scale
evs: 28 HP / 84 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty skeptical that Marvel Scale would be that significant at first for Dratini, but it's incredible due to how physically dependent the tier is; Rest in combination with Eviolite means Dratini becomes so bulky it can almost always pull off a late game sweep provided two things: Mienfoo is in kill range after 1 Dragon Dance, is dead, or does not have Knock Off, and the opponent's Steel-types are removed. Steel-types are incredibly easy to take advantage of in this metagame; Mienfoo beats most, Natu hard counters Ferroseed, I've used Numel to rock Bronzor's world (but Missy does the same), and there's also of course Magnemite.

Just posting to say that I love the set that Ray Jay posted. However, I would recommend a different ev spread: 108 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 156 Spd / 116 Spe Jolly as opposed to his spread. Mine yields 22 / 13 / 12 / 9 / 13 / 14 stats while his yield: 21 / 15 / 12 / 9 / 12 / 14 stats. Due to the bulky boosting nature of this set, I would strongly advocate for the more bulkier spread as opposed to the more offensive one, as at +2, the difference in a few points won't matter as much as the Pokemon you could set that +2 up on.

Aipom isnt frail.... its got 22/12/12 defense, its defenses stats match and in the case of special defense, beat, timburr's and mienfoos(easily).

As for the dratini, when i ran bulky DD restalktini i used a spread which i forgot but it had 14/14 defenses for max bulk, but of course that was the one time i ran into a confuse ray bronzor(which i could have beaten, i was at +6 so outrage would do a number) which put me off dratini for life...

prem

failed abortion
without eviolite aipom is frail. and honestly mienfoo is only considered bulky because of regen. without that its not bulky at all lol

without eviolite 90% of LC is frail, and i know mienfoo is only considered bulky because of regen, its defenses are rather thin

Misdreavus

Alright so this one definitely isn't too new or creative since it's basically the Nasty Plot set with Destiny Bond slapped over Hidden Power Fighting, but I'd like to spread the word of this set's success for me. I used to only be able to use Choice Scarf Misdreavus well, but I've definitely found a nice balance in this set.

I needed a set that would be a decent spinblocker to accompany Dwebble's hazards, but still threaten so it doesn't just sit there and die, so since Staryu was the premier Rapid Spinner, Thunderbolt was a must. Although Shadow Ball 2HKOs on average, a +2 Shadow Ball did not OHKO, so that justified Thunderbolt enough for me. Thunderbolt also helps with other Pokemon weak to it, such as the ever deadly Special Defensive Tirtouga. It also hits Normal-types not named Munchlax or Lickitung, strong enough for me not to miss Hidden Power Fighting too much at all, and Destiny Bond helps to fill the void any who.

I played Misdreavus with the priorities of stop rapid spinning at all costs first, then using it as my early/mid game attacker if they had no pokemon capable of Rapid Spinning (or I knew they didn't have it), they're team didn't mind hazards, or I if I couldn't get hazards up because Dwebble bit the dust.

Misdreavus is often met with Pokemon, such as Houndour or Stunky, that would destroy it or force mind games no matter what coverage move I had, or Pokemon that my team cannot break and/or are about to sweep, so Destiny Bond was a natural choice.

It works rather well as Misdreavus is not only fast but is such a big threat and very capable of sweeping that opponents are fairly hasty to get rid of it, rather than waiting around letting it possibly set up. Because of this, Misdreavus can often do something like set up on Bronzor, KO it eventually, then Destiny Bond when low on health and/or unable to KO the current Pokemon. Destiny Bond also helps with mind games versus Sub Roost Murkrow and other Sucker Punch Pokemon, usually at least taking them with me should I succumb to a Sucker Punch to the face.
I fought this thing. It surprised me, which was... a good thing, I guess. Bad for me at the time certainly, LOL. Destiny Bond on a NP Sweeper set was the last thing I expected, and even knowing about it doesn't help you much if it's in the hands of a skilled mind-gamer; choosing the wrong time to KO it can be as equally disastrous as NOT KOing it. Strong Scarf attacks seem like the best way to deal with it, but even powerful scarfers (which aren't even as popular in LC anymore to my knowledge) might not be able to take it out in one go due to Eviolite, and risk being KO'd back by +2 attacks. Definitely a threatening set.

Ray Jay

That brings us to the point of double ghost double dbond- Acrofloon and NP Missy- so fun and if you play well, you may get 4 or 5 kills without trying

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 80 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 156 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sunny Day/Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off/ Payback

This Mienfoo actually works quite well. With all the new pokes and stuff that use Sandstorm, this is a great lead. As most people will lead off their Hippopotas, or Snover. Now since Hippo's will usually set up Stealth Rocks, you can use Sunny Day and get rid of the infinate weather, which really makes the team suffer, cause most infinate weather teammates (execpt Snover, but Snover isn't that common anymore) need their weather to function. If the opponent decides to attack you, Mienfoo is very, very bulky.

Sunny Day or Rain Dance not only gets rid of the sandstorm or hail, but also provides a way to set up for Chlorophyl sweepers, or Swift Swim sweepers, and with the amazing bulk of Mienfoo, you'll be getting up your weather...a lot. Sunny Day is better, since LC has more Water-types and Water-type attackers, more than Fire Types- and Fire Type Attackers. You really don't wanting to be taking boosted Hydro Pumps or Scalds that often.
Drain Punch is better than Hi Jump Kick, as even with all that bulk, Mienfoo appreciates healing, and even though Hi Jump Kick hits much harder, but missing with the advent of Misdreavus, really cuts down it's livability. U-turn is standard, with having switch advantage, and gettign Regenerator. You can use either Payback or Knock Off. Knock Off let's you fuck up some pokes that rely on their items, like Choice Scarfers. Payback lets you hit harder, and even harder if the opponent is faster. Both these let you hit troublesome Ghost Types.

Just posting to say that I love the set that Ray Jay posted. However, I would recommend a different ev spread: 108 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 156 Spd / 116 Spe Jolly as opposed to his spread. Mine yields 22 / 13 / 12 / 9 / 13 / 14 stats while his yield: 21 / 15 / 12 / 9 / 12 / 14 stats. Due to the bulky boosting nature of this set, I would strongly advocate for the more bulkier spread as opposed to the more offensive one, as at +2, the difference in a few points won't matter as much as the Pokemon you could set that +2 up on.
How important is that 14 speed on a bulky DD Dratini?Could you maybe just EV up defenses to max and go for more boosts?Maybe a spread of:

188 HP/4 ATK/76 DEF/196 SP.DEF/36 SPE
23/13/12/9/15/12

So basically +1 HP/+2 Sp.Def (+3 after Eviolite) for a -2 in speed.I'm new to LC and I know 14 is a good number for boosting (21 outruns all unboosted right?) but if you are going in a tank direction would this be worth it?

How important is that 14 speed on a bulky DD Dratini?Could you maybe just EV up defenses to max and go for more boosts?Maybe a spread of:

188 HP/4 ATK/76 DEF/196 SP.DEF/36 SPE
23/13/12/9/15/12

So basically +1 HP/+2 Sp.Def (+3 after Eviolite) for a -2 in speed.I'm new to LC and I know 14 is a good number for boosting (21 outruns all unboosted right?) but if you are going in a tank direction would this be worth it?
With your set, not only are you outsped by 14 speed scarfers, the most popular being snover so those extra defenses don't matter, but your outsped by 17 speed choice scarfers after two dragon dances. You also miss out on the speed tie with 19 speed scarfers with two dragon dances up. Even if your running a bulkier spread, being outsped by all the scarfers in the tier is not worth it.

This set might not be creative but it is still new with b2w2 and I haven't seen anyone use it.

(Foongus) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 204 HP / 236 Def
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore/Clear smog
- Hidden Power [Flying]/sludge bomb

I owe my success in little cup to this guy. He is by far the best counter to fighting types in the tier hands down. Basically he is the exact same as Amoongus in the higher tiers. His spore is game-changing in little cup. I don't see any reason one would run any of the other spore users over Foongus. Paras is completely outclasses bar dry skin and Shroomish is easily stopped by any player with good knowledge of what he does.

I find stun spore is better than clear smog as it's only use is scrafty if you don't have a fighting type on your team(lol). Obvious double spore strategy is obvious.

The last slot is pretty creative I think. My team had a lot of trouble with croagunk even with Foongus. So I added hp flying. Not only do I get the 5 more base power on a SE target than sludge bomb, but I can reliably counter Croagunk. The only time that I miss hp flying is if I'm facing dwebble really, but I find hitting grass/croagunk more reliably is better.

Don't run hp fire, let something else handle ferroseed.

I like Gone to the beaches set alot! His rmt proved how useful foongus is now. hidden power flying is especially good on teams with magnemite because he can take out steels and foongus can counter fighting types with hp flying that hinder magnemite.

KingTorterraXIVs set is also pretty cool in the sense that Mienfoo has alot of chances to set up rain/sun because of regenerator + drian punch. Also the suprise factor is also good although a good player would probally see by your team if its rain/sun. Although sun teams work well because of not as much fire types rain is still viable with dry skin croagunk and storm drain lileep.

also destiny bond on nasty plot missy seems awesome and i have to try that!

I find Skorupi to be criminally underused these days. It has great bulk, an expansive movepool, a decentish typing, and just enough of everything else to matter.

Here's a set that works wonders in the current metagame, and often catches people off-guard in the process.

Skorupi @ Eviolite
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 240 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SDef / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Cross Poison
- Brick Break

Sort of a weird set, but I'll explain. 156 Spd puts you at 15 speed, allowing you to outspeed Mienfoo and Knock Off its Eviolite with ease, making it that much easier to kill. And while we're on the subject of Mienfoo, Skorupi walls it completely. Most (over) used pokemon in the tier? Check (but more so counter). Max out attack to hit hard, and the rest of the points are dumped to increase its defenses a little. Toxic Spikes is wonderfully useful, and Skorupi does an admirable job at setting them up, arguably the best in the tier. Like I said before, Knock Off screws over Mienfoo, and anyone else that runs Eviolite (which is every pokemon in the bloody tier). I can't tell you how much utility Knock Off has in LC. It wins games.
For attacks, we have Cross Poison for good, reliable STAB, and Sniper is also really cool when it activates. Brick Break is fairly unorthodox, but it works surprisingly well. It allows you to reliably hit a ton of stuff for super-effective damage, allowing you to 2HKO Magnemite and 3HKO bulkier mons like Ferroseed and Munchlax. You do get walled by Ghost types and Croagunk, but it's not like X-Scissor handles those any better.

Don't be hating on me if this set isn't "good" to standard Little Cup. I just made this set as a layman to the metagame, so if people already do run this set then I don't know. I just made a random team full of random pokemon I thought would do well in Little Cup and this Archen was on the list.

Archen w/Oran Berry
Defeatist
Jolly 100 HP/180 Atk/34 Def/196 Speed
Acrobatics
Pluck
Earthquake/Stone Edge
Shadow Claw

Like I said, don't call me stupid if this is a stupid set. I just threw it together with the thought that it would do well.

When I was making my team I wanted to put Archen on it simply because of the fact that it is so god damn adorable. So I was originally going to make it Choice Banded like my Archeops, but then I realized how good it would work with Pluck since Little Cup is full of berries and whatnot. So Pluck is on there as STAB and to NomNom on some other pokemons berries with some extra power and stay out of Defeatist. I also have Acrobatics on this set because once it eats its Oran Berry it would come out of Defeatist range and then since it consumed the item Acrobatics power is doubled. So either way you will hopefully have a boosted Flying STAB move. Stone Edge/Earthquake. I originally had Stone Edge on this set before I realized that there really isn't too many Pokemon in Little Cup where Stone Edge would be incredibly useful and that Earthquake is just a better option to hit Steel and Rock type pokemon. I guess I just listed Stone Edge in case there was anyone who might want to have it for Dual STAB for whatever reason. Shadow Claw, I tossed this on there just to hit some Ghost types like Frillish cuz I would assume that Frillish would be popular in Little Cup. Also I guess it hits Bronzor for at least neutral damage when otherwise it gets walled by it...Oh well, it worked in the few battles I had with it so I just thought that I would share it since I have nothing better to do right now.

[Insert Lileep]

God Of Lc (Lileep) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 44 SAtk / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- AncientPower
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Back before the bw2 move tutors were available, I used to run my Lileep with Recover, Energy Ball, Stealth Rocks, and Hidden Power Rock. However, STAB Giga Drain opened up a new slot on my hazards Lileep, but Lileep doesn't have many coverage moves short of Hidden Power, so I went for Ancientpower, and Hidden Power Flying for coverage against those pesky Grass and Fighting types. This was an excellent decision, as the odd Ancientpower boost gives Lileep the potential to take out 2 or 3 pokemon before needing to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)