Sandstorm OU, RATE IT PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I choosed to build a Sandstorm team, because I like it and in a lot of cases when I wanted to kill someone he stay alive because focus sash or normaly with a few HP...
Sanstorm will kill them...

History

I decided to run T-tar because I think he is really better than Hippowdon, thanks to high Special Defense in Sandstorm, he survive one Focus Blast from Politoed, Two Hydro Pumps from it and at least ten energy balls from Ninetales.Thanks to his "high" speed, his sandstorm is dominating (Politoed comes to play, do his Drizzle, but T-tar is slowlier and Sandstorm killing starts...)

Now, I choosed Gliscor, because I really like him. Resist to close combat which can be used against T-tar, good speed, defense and attack... And one of best abilities ever...Poison heal...

There, I decided to run Gastrodon (East is cooler), he saves other Pokémon from Water moves and is good defender immune to Electric and Water moves.
But this guy has weak to Grass, which isnt very good... But I predict it well...

Landorus was my next choice... Its bad to have two Pokémon weak to Ice x4, but I play it well... Landorus thanks to his ability and STAB Earthquake is very powerful in Sandstorm...

My next choice was double screener Bronzong. He has good defensive stats, he is resistant to Ice and can set Stealth Rocks...

And Special Attacker to team - Lucario! He has priority move (I want have always at least one Pokémon with priority move).

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Careful 252 HP 76 Atk 180 Sp.Def
Sandstream
-Thunder Wave
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
I like him very much, he can hit very hard with pursuit which is effective...
Thanks to Thunder Wave he can easily beat a lot of Pokémon or helps Lucario which is a little bit slow.

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Impish 252 HP 216 Def 40 Spe
Poison Heal
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
This guy can beat almost everything physical... He is very strong and almost everytimes with Tyranitar´s help (Thunder Wave) he beats even Pokémon with Ice Fang or Ice Punch. He can wall even Donphan with Ice Shard, because Ice Shard hurt him for around 30% HP, which isnt so effective...

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Thanks to advices I decided for Latias which is bulky and useful in combination with Ferrothorn.

Landorus @Choice Scarf
Naive 252 Atk 4 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
Sand Force
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge (or Rock Slide?)
-Hidden Power Ice
-U-turn
He is faster of my team, he outruns even Volcanrola after Quiver Dance(+1 Speed) and takes her down with Stone Edge. He is very powerful.

Ferrothorn @Shed Shell
Relaxed 252 HP 100 Def 156 Sp.Def
Iron Barbs
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Gyro Ball

I decided to play him over Bronzong thanks to Omicron

Lucario @Life Orb
Adamant 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Inner Focus
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extreme Speed
-Bullet Punch

Thanks to Latias Sp.Atk and your advices I decided for SD Lucario, which can be useful after Spikes and Stealth Rock...

Thanks for reading and please rate my team and me as a writer of this article :)

I understand you're not much of an english speaker but then it would be better if you could add more description to each pokemon:)

Also for Lucario, Focus Sash isn't a good idea midgame. I suggest Life Orb or Air Balloon. With Life Orb, you can power up your moves and start smashing your opponent's team. Air Balloon can avoid Earthquakes if you have a Donphan problems. Also, since you have a Dual Screener, Lucario will survive most attacks and can proceed to set up and sweep.

Hey dude!

This team seems very interesting, I recommend that you increase the length of your descriptions a bit more, just so us raters can understand your thought process more! :)

Anyways, sand teams are very awesome and Tyranitar is one of my fav's. You seem to want a bulky one, which is good as I personally find those to be the best. I recommend you switch to mixed set;

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD

- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

With TTar having Rocks, you'll be able to free up Bronzong's spot. Ice Beam and Fire Blast are valuable as they destroy incoming Forretress, Scizor, Landorus, and Gliscor, all who want to set up or threaten your team.

Gliscor is another awesome Pokemon to use in the sand, especially the Poison-Stall one. I feel like Gliscor can't really use your swords dance set effectively in this team, which is why I recommend you switch to the Toxic-stall one. It is very annoying to fight against and counters many big threats like Terrakion.

Gliscor @ Poison Orb
Impish
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Substitute + Protect allow you to recover ALL your health back from using Substitute. This effectively allows you to Toxic stall out slower Pokemon than you. Earthquake is of course for coverage and damages pesky Steel types and big threats like Terrakion.

Gastrodon's main purpose is to wall bulky waters and spread Toxic. Well, with Gliscor already doing spreading toxic, you can switch out Gastrodon to a much more effective and dangerous 'mon...Latias!

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

This bulky set allows you to take multiple hits and recover the damage away, as well as giving you a powerful Special Attacker to hurt many of your threats. Skarmory and Gyarados should no longer be problems for your team!

Landorus looks good, you should definitely use Stone Edge. Despite shaky accuracy, its extra power is needed to dent up the opponent hard!

I'm personally not a big fan of Bronzong, but if you really want screens he's an excellent person to set it up! With Stealth Rock on Tyranitar, you're now free to give Bronzong Hypnosis. Sleeping opponents are fantastic, especially in 5th gen, you can pretty much just eliminate a threat!

Finally Lucario. With Latias being your effective Special Attacker and Tyranitar being mixed, there is no reason to use the special set of Lucario. Swords Dance set allows you to hit much harder, with a stronger priority, and Fighting type move. It is more effective and I recommend you try it! :)

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adament
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

This set is great, crunch allows you to deal with Bulky Pokemon like Slowbro, Jellicent, ect. who would otherwise wall Lucario. Extremespeed's +2 priority allows you to take out annoying Pokemon like Tornadus, and Breloom. Close Combat, of course, devastates anything that switches into it.

Well, that's all dude! Good luck with your team :D

Thanks, but your Gliscor will be destroyed by Breloom easily and Latias isnt immune to sandstorm, which I dont like if she is defender.
Also Lucario and Extreme Speed - Extreme Speed is really powerful, but most Pokémon resist it... (Scizor, Conkeldurr)

And I like T-Tar with Thunder Wave (Stops Volcanrona, Cloyster, Gyarados) and Pursuit!
Tyranitar´s Ice Beam can OHKO Landorus, but Landorus has higher speed and OHKO him with E-quake

I tested it, but my previous team was better, with this team I can stop Gyarados and Skarmory without problem, but I cant stop anyone else...

Hi there!

This is a cool team you have here, with Tyranitar and Bronzong supporting your main sweepers, in attempts of pulling off a sweep. One thing I do notice is the weakness to a couple common threats, namely MixMence and Sun Teams. Mixed Salamence hits everythin on your team hard, Gliscor is hit hard by a Draco Meteor, Lucario and Tyranitar are hit hard by Earthquake / Brick Break, while your Gastrodon and Landorus will not appreciate an Outrage. Your only safe switch is Bronzong, who cannot really do anything against Salamence. As for Sun Teams, Chlorophyll users such as Venusaur look very dangerous for your team. Under Sun, Venusaur outspeeds everything on your team, and once Tyranitar is gone, you lose your weather and Venusaur has a field day with your team. It can easily set up Growths against a lot of your team, including choice locked Landorus, Gastrodon, Bronzong, Gliscor and even Lucario. To help with these problems, I highly recommend you try out a Calm Mind Latias over your current Gastrodon. Latias does look like a great addition for your team, as it gives you an additional and durable answer to Sun Teams, as well as helping you deal with mixed variants of Salamence, as Latias can outspeed and KO it with ease. Latias also gives you a great answer to Volt Turn, something that you also seem a little bit weak to. By losing Gastrodon, the only thing you really lose is Toxic. This really isn't notable because most things that Toxic is useful for crippling is setup sweepers, with Latias can phase out with Roar. Latias has reliable Recovery just like Gastrodon, but also can boost its stats using Calm Mind, being able to perform an offensive and defensive role.

Opposing Gliscor sets also look a little annoying for you to play against. While you have your Bronzong, you can't really do a whole lot against Gliscor with it. With your only attacking move in Gyro Ball, you will often find yourself as setup bait, or even walled yourself and Gliscors commonly run either Swords Dance or Taunt. While you have Landorus to revenge, you are Choice locked into Hidden Power [Ice], which is not the most reliable way to deal with Substitute variants. Substitute sets also stall out your Tyranitar and Gastrodon if they switch into Gliscor with a Substitute intact. This can be very annoying in weather wars when you need Tyranitar around to avoid said Chlorophyll abusers, as Gliscor is a common mon to use in Sun as it deals with threats such as Terrakion. To help with this weakness, I highly recommend you change around your Bronzong set. A set of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk with a moveset of Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Earthquake and Hidden Power [Ice] seems like it would be a lot more efficient for your team. There is no need to make Bronzong a mixed wall when you already have other special walls to deal with special attackers. This set makes the most of Bronzong's great defence stat, but also avoids being setup fodder for the aforementioned threats. Hidden Power [Ice] allows you to maul Gliscor, as well as giving you an additional check to Dragons, namely MixMence who does look threatening for your team. The loss of Dual Screens is not that much of a drawback, as the only way you can really abuse it is with Lucario, who does not sport the best defences and still will be taking a lot of damage with Reflect / Light Screen up. Removing Dragons and Gliscor gives you a much easier time sending in your Lucario or your own Gliscor to try to sweep, which does seem to be the purpose of this team.

Cool team, hope I helped!

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar

Hi there!

This is a cool team you have here, with Tyranitar and Bronzong supporting your main sweepers, in attempts of pulling off a sweep. One thing I do notice is the weakness to a couple common threats, namely MixMence and Sun Teams. Mixed Salamence hits everythin on your team hard, Gliscor is hit hard by a Draco Meteor, Lucario and Tyranitar are hit hard by Earthquake / Brick Break, while your Gastrodon and Landorus will not appreciate an Outrage. Your only safe switch is Bronzong, who cannot really do anything against Salamence. As for Sun Teams, Chlorophyll users such as Venusaur look very dangerous for your team. Under Sun, Venusaur outspeeds everything on your team, and once Tyranitar is gone, you lose your weather and Venusaur has a field day with your team. It can easily set up Growths against a lot of your team, including choice locked Landorus, Gastrodon, Bronzong, Gliscor and even Lucario. To help with these problems, I highly recommend you try out a Calm Mind Latias over your current Gastrodon. Latias does look like a great addition for your team, as it gives you an additional and durable answer to Sun Teams, as well as helping you deal with mixed variants of Salamence, as Latias can outspeed and KO it with ease. Latias also gives you a great answer to Volt Turn, something that you also seem a little bit weak to. By losing Gastrodon, the only thing you really lose is Toxic. This really isn't notable because most things that Toxic is useful for crippling is setup sweepers, with Latias can phase out with Roar. Latias has reliable Recovery just like Gastrodon, but also can boost its stats using Calm Mind, being able to perform an offensive and defensive role.

Opposing Gliscor sets also look a little annoying for you to play against. While you have your Bronzong, you can't really do a whole lot against Gliscor with it. With your only attacking move in Gyro Ball, you will often find yourself as setup bait, or even walled yourself and Gliscors commonly run either Swords Dance or Taunt. While you have Landorus to revenge, you are Choice locked into Hidden Power [Ice], which is not the most reliable way to deal with Substitute variants. Substitute sets also stall out your Tyranitar and Gastrodon if they switch into Gliscor with a Substitute intact. This can be very annoying in weather wars when you need Tyranitar around to avoid said Chlorophyll abusers, as Gliscor is a common mon to use in Sun as it deals with threats such as Terrakion. To help with this weakness, I highly recommend you change around your Bronzong set. A set of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk with a moveset of Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Earthquake and Hidden Power [Ice] seems like it would be a lot more efficient for your team. There is no need to make Bronzong a mixed wall when you already have other special walls to deal with special attackers. This set makes the most of Bronzong's great defence stat, but also avoids being setup fodder for the aforementioned threats. Hidden Power [Ice] allows you to maul Gliscor, as well as giving you an additional check to Dragons, namely MixMence who does look threatening for your team. The loss of Dual Screens is not that much of a drawback, as the only way you can really abuse it is with Lucario, who does not sport the best defences and still will be taking a lot of damage with Reflect / Light Screen up. Removing Dragons and Gliscor gives you a much easier time sending in your Lucario or your own Gliscor to try to sweep, which does seem to be the purpose of this team.

Cool team, hope I helped!

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar
Oh, Venusaur is easy to beat, I´ll give there Gastrodon (predicting Solarbeam) and switch on T-Tar with Thunder Wave, Sun team isnt problem for my team, I havent lose against them yet.
Mixmence at least 2HKO Bronzong + He can screen it! Gliscor will stay alive from one Draco Meteor, but Salamence will be OHKOed by Ice Fang.
I dont like Latias! She take damage from Sandstorm, is weak to Stealth Rock and against Gyarados isnt so good (Gyarados has Ice Fang or Stone Edge)
and she is weak to Ice (It would be 3 Pokémon weak to it).

Other Gliscors can easily beat my Gliscor (I havent lose with my Gliscor 80% HP+ against other Gliscor)

That advices doesnt help me but I decided to play this T-tar (Skarmory Fear)
Tyranitar @Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP 76 Atk 180 Def
-Thunder Wave
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Fire Blast

Bryce

Lun
What if venusaur doesn't have solar beam?what if it has Giga Drain.With weathers other than sun being much more common,most players use Giga drain on there venusaur.T-tar just takes a good deal of damage and the opponent is likely to switch or sleep powder.so i suggest using Latias over gastrodon too.It can check Venusaur very well.You dont want to use Latias because she takes damage from sandstom.However type synergy is very important for a team's success as well as checking notable threats.using all ground,rock and steel mons wont give u very good synergy.Latias can shake off SS damage via leftovers and it has reliable recovery option in recover.

If it is Venusaur with Giga Drain I´ll switch on T-tar and use Thunder Wave and easily KO him.
Latias can't stop Defensive Politoed (in sandstorm team it is his job), Banded Azumarill, Scarfed Gyarados.

If anyone don't trust me, try it in battle with me...

Addressing your response to me, it's okay if Latias isn't immune to sandstorm. With Leftovers, you cancel out Sandstorm anyways and my set has Recover, which gains a lot of your HP back. And Latias IS a good check against Skarmory and Gyarados (Pokemon you said you had difficulties with).

I highly recommend you give my Latias a try, and also Jimbon's...as she is a really good fit for this team and either of our sets should be good. Also, my Latias set with Thunderbolt CAN stop Azumarill, Politoed, and Gyarados, (Pokemon you said she cannot defeat).

Now, addressing some of your other points and posts; Swords Dance Lucario honestly is more useful than Nasty Plot. ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, and Close Combat gives you almost perfect coverage. Alternatively, if you don't find Crunch so useful and would like to be able to check Scarf TTars as well as Terrakion, Bullet Punch can be an option as well.

Also, like White symphoni said, Venusaur with Giga Drain is a big threat, and they often carry Sleep Powder so Tyranitar cannot counter it like you say he can. (Plus he's slower).

Overall the point of this post is to give Latias a chance...I mean 3 people suggested it to you, we can't all be wrong, right ;) But seriously, give her a chance!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did Lucario's BW2 revamp, so I believe I am qualified to say that Nasty Plot is god-awful. Lucario should only ever use something like this:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified / Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch / Ice Punch / Bullet Punch

Personally, I'm heavily biased against using Ice Punch on Lucario, because its biggest target, Gliscor, is starting to run more Speed now. Crunch is generally more useful to handle Jellicent, Reuniclus, and Slowbro (You need hazards support for Slowbro), or Bullet Punch for Gengar, Terrakion, ScarfTar, and Mamoswine. For Tyranitar's set, if you use Bullet Punch, use CBtar, if you use Crunch, use ScarfTar. Both use the moves Crunch, Pursuit, Stone Edge, and Superpower. CBtar's EVs are 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe with an Adamant nature, ScarfTar uses 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature. I agree with the Latias suggestion as well because Latias attracts Dark moves, which happen to be choiced a lot of the time, allowing Lucario to set up with ease. Gliscor should run enough Speed to outrun Adamant Lucario (I believe this is 220 Speed EVs). Other than that, you should use the Gliscor set recommended by Avatar Korra.

Good luck!

Addressing your response to me, it's okay if Latias isn't immune to sandstorm. With Leftovers, you cancel out Sandstorm anyways and my set has Recover, which gains a lot of your HP back. And Latias IS a good check against Skarmory and Gyarados (Pokemon you said you had difficulties with).

I highly recommend you give my Latias a try, and also Jimbon's...as she is a really good fit for this team and either of our sets should be good. Also, my Latias set with Thunderbolt CAN stop Azumarill, Politoed, and Gyarados, (Pokemon you said she cannot defeat).

Now, addressing some of your other points and posts; Swords Dance Lucario honestly is more useful than Nasty Plot. ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, and Close Combat gives you almost perfect coverage. Alternatively, if you don't find Crunch so useful and would like to be able to check Scarf TTars as well as Terrakion, Bullet Punch can be an option as well.

Also, like White symphoni said, Venusaur with Giga Drain is a big threat, and they often carry Sleep Powder so Tyranitar cannot counter it like you say he can. (Plus he's slower).

Overall the point of this post is to give Latias a chance...I mean 3 people suggested it to you, we can't all be wrong, right ;) But seriously, give her a chance!
I don't agree... Lucario is better as Special Attacker, Extreme Speed as a normal attack isn't good, with your set, all Pokémon in my team ruins Conkeldurr... Venusaur can be stopped by Landorus as well thanks to neutral damage of Earthquake, or in sun by Bronzong thanks to Gyro Ball...

Gastrodon can have Leftovers too, but not to cancel Sandstorm, but to alternative healing, which is usefull, Storm Drain is also good boosting ability, I think Gastrodon is far better than Latias.

And... For example Gyarados isn't only Pokémon with Waterfall, he could have also Ice Fang or Stone Edge, and with only 252 HP +1 Gyarados takes 68.1% - 80.8% (Adamant) and there is chance to flinch or frozen... With your advices, Gyarados will be greater threat than in normal case...
Politoed has access to Ice Beam or Blizzard (usually Ice Beam)...

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
The thing about NP Luke though is that there are just way too many faster resists to Vacuum Wave. Alakazam, Starmie, Thundurus-T, Tornadus-T, and Salamence, just to name a few. Moxie Salamence is owned by a +2 ExtremeSpeed after SR (you'd be surprised at how rare Intimidate Salamence is), and the other four all get demolished by +2 ExtremeSpeed. So, no. Lucario is not better as a Special attacker. There's a reason I only included Swords Dance in Lucario's BW2 revamp because SD is Lucario's only good set in this meta. Even though Lucario's Special Attack stat is higher than its Attack stat, Close Combat is much more powerful than Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave is terrible in this metagame for reasons I have already explained.

Maybe normally is better Physical Lucario, but to my team not, all Pokémon you wrote I easily OHKO by something else... Starmie is KOed by T-Tar, Thundurus-T by Gastrodon or Landorus, Tornadus-T by Gastrodon or Landorus and Alakazam by T-tar (if he hasn't Life Orb) or by Bronzong

But for example if opponent would have Conkeldurr everyone in my team is KOed.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're so afraid of Conkeldurr, use Slowbro somewhere.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Payback does pitiful damage to Slowbro. In turn, Slowbro can use Psychic on Conkeldurr. Ice Beam hurts Gliscor badly, and Scald is Scald. Slack Off lets you heal. Maybe use this over Gliscor. Make sure you lower the Speed IVs to the point where Slowbro is slower than the slowest of Conkeldurr (-Spe nature with 0 ivs).

Also, you need to keep an open mind. I have used Special Lucario, and it is just completely awful. As I said, too many faster threats resist Vacuum Wave (especially VENUSAUR) so NP Luke is not good. As I said, I did the BW2 revamp for Lucario so I am qualified to say that it sucks. Sorry if that sounds arrogant, but it's true that Nasty Plot Lucario sucks.

I am not afraiding of Conkeldurr, I can stop him, but with my Lucario!
Venusaur can be stopped by T-tar, Landorus or Broznong...

Your ideas doesn't have to be wrong but much useless... With your advices I am worst player, so my first idea was good, and no one has better...

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
53.54 - 62.72% with +2 Vacuum Wave vs. BU Conkeldurr. That's with Life Orb. Your Focus Sash will be broken 100% of the time because every single competent player uses entry hazards. So, no. Your Lucario does not check Conkeldurr. This team is as such violating Rule #17 of the RMT rules. You need to learn the metagame more before posting an RMT, my friend.

I am not afraiding of Conkeldurr, I can stop him, but with my Lucario!
Venusaur can be stopped by T-tar, Landorus or Broznong...

Your ideas doesn't have to be wrong but much useless... With your advices I am worst player, so my first idea was good, and no one has better...
How on earth can Lucario stop Conkeldurr? A Nasty Plot Vacuum Wave won't kill Conk but an unboosted Mach Punch (which almost all Conks have) can kill Lucario.

Before you say other people's advice are "useless" and would make you a "worse player", you might want to know the facts first.

Why even post a RMT if you aren't accepting any changes or criticism?

I accepting changes, but not worse changes, only better...

"How on earth can Lucario stop Conkeldurr?"
What about:
Conkeldurr used Mach Punch - Lucario lost 99% HP Lucario hung on Focus Sash
Lucario used Aura Sphere - Conkeldurr lost 70% HP
Lucario used Vacuum Wave - Conkeldurr lost 30% HP, Conkeldurr Fainted

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
YOUR FOCUS SASH IS NOT GOING TO BE INTACT!!!

Seriously, every single good team uses Stealth Rock so there is no way that Focus Sash will be intact. Avatar Korra and I are trying to help you, but you are just rejecting everything. I don't see the point of an RMT if you won't accept criticism.

Seriously, every single good team uses Stealth Rock so there is no way that Focus Sash will be intact. Avatar Korra and I are trying to help you, but you are just rejecting everything. I don't see the point of an RMT if you won't accept criticism.
Just tell raters don't comment on his RMT, since he thinks his team is great the way it is.

I know, but Stealth Rock and spikes sets usually Foretress or Skarmory, so, I can beat them with non damaged Lucario's Aura Sphere... and against Ferrothorn which breaks my F.Sash can I use Nasty Plot... (three times without problem)

lol this thread.

I'm not usually a rater of teams, but I just wanted to point out that your entire team is KOed by Keldeo. Between Hydro Pump and Secret Sword, nothing on your team can stand up to repeated blows from Keldeo, especially the Choice Specs variants. For this reason, you should really consider running some variant of Latias on your team over Gastrodon. It helps deal with Keldeo, one of the more prominent threats in the metagame. Latias also destroys Breloom, another huge threat to your team.

I also see no reason to run both Gliscor and Landorus. This combination gives you 2 4x weaknesses to Ice. In addition, your team is quite susceptible to Life Orb Latios once Tyrantar is out of the picture, and even then, Ttar is 3HKOed by Surf, or 2HKOed with enough prior damage. With Tyranitar being susceptible to all forms of entry hazards, it's really not that hard to do. In order to deal with this problem, I suggest running Ferrothorn over Gliscor. It can set up Stealth Rock and Spikes, which allows for easier KOes from your Lucario, which I also recommend switching to a Physical Swords Dance set with Life Orb. Breloom currently sets up on half of your team, and Nasty Plot Lucario is really not helping. With Swords Dance and a Life Orb, you can bypass Mach Punch's priority with ExtremeSpeed and KO Breloom before it can KO you.

Another threat I've noticed is Choice Scarf Infernape, which can easily outspeed and KO Landorus with Hidden Power Ice, Tyranitar with Close Combat, and Bronzing with Overheat. SD Terrakion is also a threat if it carries Air Balloon. As I said before, Latias really helps you deal with all these threats accordingly.

One last thing regarding your team: I really don't see how Bronzong helps in any way. Dual Screens doesn't seem to do anything for your team, as you only have one set-up sweeper (Lucario) who is so frail, screens won't help it survive a super effective attack. In addition, why do you have screens if you already have Focus Sash on Luke? Having both is redundant. The dual screens strategy is usually only effective on hyper offensive teams, which pack a lot of power and multiple set-up sweepers that can easily take advantage of said screens. Lucario's piss-weak Vacuum Wave won't be able to break through faster attackers such as Latios, Latias, Salamence, and a whole bunch more that I won't bother to name, even after a Nasty Plot boost. Nasty Plot Lucario is really let down by its low Speed, which is why the Swords Dance set is so effective by utilizing a very strong form of priority in ExtremeSpeed. Swords Dance Luke can also run double priority, in the form of Bullet Punch, so it can take down faster revenge killers immune or resistant to ExtremeSpeed such as Gengar, Terrakion, and more. I really do think Swords Dance would be more suited to your team. I personally would replace Bronzong as well, but I don't want to make too many changes. However, you should ask yourself: what role does Bronzong play on my team? How does it help me? Is there a Pokemon that can do a better job?

And to be completely honest, there's no point in posting an RMT if you aren't willing to take advice from people that just want to help you. With that said, feel free to take or leave my changes, but try to keep an open mind. You can't go anywhere but up if you do.

Summary of Changes

Gastrodon => Latias
Gliscor => Ferrothorn
NP Luke => SD Luke

Edit: ok wtf this original one-sentence post turned into a bigass post i don't even

Omicrom I can't believe you wasted all that time typing that up.

Avatar Korra, Jimbon, White Symponi, LucaroarkZ, and Ace Trainer all suggested he switch to Latias.

Avatar Korra and LucaroarkZ both suggested SD Lucario as well, and provided reasons and calcs as to why NP Lucario sucks.

Aelsorm with his complete lack of knowledge for the meta game continued to shoot down the improvements with faulty reasons, and hasn't accepted any changes.

I think he just posted a team hoping everyone else would praise it, even though his team isn't good as he has no knowledge of the metagame. And still not accepting changes.

XxpokemonmasterXx: You should know that I tested it, and when I wanted to play Sword Dancer, I would play Scizor, Because he is far better than SD Lucario...

Omicron: your idea with ferrothorn seems good, I´ll test it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)