Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
| 50 | Amoonguss | 13118 | 3.922% | 7810 | 3.904% | ....+180!

Its amazing what an ability can do.Very good in the ou metagame both defencive stats are awsome but we had a high slowbro usage at first too and he been uu for a while so i think amoonguss could go the same way
I've been debating replacing Tangela on an RU team of mine with Amoonguss, and really, Amoonguss has precious few things going for it, namely 100% accurate Spore and poison STAB for going against other grass-types. Fighting resist is nice, too, and psychic is a pretty rare type in anything above NU.

In Tangela's favor are greater bulk (even without Eviolite), Leech Seed (pretty sure Amoonguss doesn't get it), better SpA and MUCH better speed.

So basically, I think Amoonguss is going to drop pretty quickly once people realize how much the Tangs still outclass.

So Scizor finally fell out of the mighty first spot. Not even surprised actually, since this metagame is just rain all over the place.

Poor Keldeo, he seemed so promising, but then Tornadus-T and Amoonguss ability got realeased and everything changed.

So Scizor finally fell out of the mighty first spot. Not even surprised actually, since this metagame is just rain all over the place.

Poor Keldeo, he seemed so promising, but then Tornadus-T and Amoonguss ability got realeased and everything changed.
I think The scizor drop comes from the boost offensive rain got.Politoad drizzle is nearly as powerful as when swift swim was aloud with drizzle

| 17 | Mamoswine | 33340 | 9.967% | 18418 | 9.208% | +25!

Would this be a response to the new T forms ?? Love seeing Mamo Getting some love

| 50 | Amoonguss | 13118 | 3.922% | 7810 | 3.904% | ....+180!

Its amazing what an ability can do.Very good in the ou metagame both defencive stats are awsome but we had a high slowbro usage at first too and he been uu for a while so i think amoonguss could go the same way

| 47 | Landorus | 15824 | 4.731% | 9512 | 4.755% | -33!

i Dont get it i think normal Landorus is still very good.Still hits very hard in sandstorm.

You can see that we are going back to rain being very dominant and with Keldeo and Thundorus T / Tornadus T it is also becoming very offensive again
Rain's dominance is the main reason why amoongus has risen so much - it's not just regen. Once things settle down and rain teams become a little less prominent amoongus will start to fall in use.

I'm noticing that Meloetta is 127th in OU rankings, well into the midsts of UU pokes.
Seeing as I have several teams on PS with Meloetta in, most of which contain at least one UU poke, this interests me. Keldeo potentially dropping is also interesting...
It looks to me like we're going to have some interesting stuff happening with the tiers soon.

Rain's dominance is the main reason why amoongus has risen so much - it's not just regen. Once things settle down and rain teams become a little less prominent amoongus will start to fall in use.
yeh i didnt think of that good point :) but the result will be the same.Also the drop in scarm/celebi could be attributed to a few things
-Rise in rain offensive which is usually special based could be the problem skarm is facing also its a very offensive meta game so there is very little time to set up spikes i think skarm will come back strong eventually
-As for Celebi the rise in amoongus is one of the things to blame also with rain being everwhere Dnite And Tornadus t using hurricane destroyes celebi

I'm noticing that Meloetta is 127th in OU rankings, well into the midsts of UU pokes.
Seeing as I have several teams on PS with Meloetta in, most of which contain at least one UU poke, this interests me. Keldeo potentially dropping is also interesting...
It looks to me like we're going to have some interesting stuff happening with the tiers soon.
Keep in mind she didn't get released on showdown until mid July - just before the usage stats stop for the month - so there's no way her usage would have been that high no matter what.
Moreover, July doesn't really matter in determin what will drop or rise - well have to see what August brings before we can REALLY speculate. I think meloetta is pretty good, I use it on my rain team, but I don't see her much.

I agree that meloetta's usage should be taken with a pinch of salt but yeh i see it being uu
its stats are good not great and the move relic songs messes it up so much.You need to waste a turn changing forms also you can't use it while theres another poke on your opponents team is asleep (obviously other than self induced) because you would be breaking sleep clause

I agree that meloetta's usage should be taken with a pinch of salt but yeh i see it being uu
its stats are good not great and the move relic songs messes it up so much.You need to waste a turn changing forms also you can't use it while theres another poke on your opponents team is asleep (obviously other than self induced) because you would be breaking sleep clause
You can still use relic song, but you're screwed of it sleeps another poke. You just have to play it carefully.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
there's been a lot of discussion about how sleep clause should interact with relic song since it's like one of the only moves that inflicts sleep as a side effect. atm I think danger mouse is right about the implementation; i recall something going around about the sleep chance being blocked should the clause have been activated, but I haven't seen any confirmation of it. meloetta is in an awkward place as a mon for sure because pirouette would be excellent if not for the turn of singing required. still a super fun mon but i'm not sure it'll hold OU

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, Amoonguss is likely to rise to OU over the next couple of months. Can't say I didn't see that one coming.

Although I don't see Vaporeon much in battles I'm in, I'm not actually surprised it's still in OU range. In battles I spectate, I actually see quite a few Hydration + Rest Vaporeons.

Surprised that Mamoswine's not higher than it is; It can check D-nite and Salamence, as well as the Therians. #17 is still pretty high though. Good to see Salamence getting more love.

Also

Code:
 | 59   | Slowbro            | 9312   |  2.784% | 5528   |  2.764% |
Come on Slowbro, you can get into OU. You can do it!

I can confirm that Meloetta's Relic Song's sleep is blocked if it would break the Sleep Clause on PS, as I use mix Meloetta most often (which means regular forme switching) however, the main issue is with using her in wifi battles. If you're using a physical Meloetta and you sleep a Pokemon, you can't use her for the rest of them game (if you switch out, and the other poke doesn't wake) for fear of instantly losing the game. Mix Meloetta also has that problem but at least she can be locked into her normal form and remain viable.

At the moment I'm unsure whether she should remain in OU or drop to UU, because she is actually a pretty good bulky special attacker with only two weaknesses and, assuming you get the one turn set-up required (which is just a matter of predicting right, really) Meloetta-P can really do work with dual STAB and Shadow Claw or U-Turn, and it outspeed Tornadus-T with 200 EVs and a positive nature.

I guess the problem with Meloetta is that its job can usually be done by something better. The only thing nothing else can do is spam Relic Song, forcing switches. But the problem with that is, if you put something to sleep (in wifi) then Meloetta is stuck in whatever forme you left her in until you switch out, unless you want to risk losing the game (in wifi).

My main worry with Meloetta is that, because of the way Sleep Clause works on Showdown, it will get more use there than on wifi simply because it's more viable on Showdown than on the original game, and that that will effectively put it in the wrong tier...

But anyway, this isn't really the place to be discussing Sleep Clause, or what it means for Meloetta. I would just like to see her in UU xD

EDIT: Although saying that, one of the Pokes I have taken to using with Meloetta is Chandelure, which is likely to rise to OU when Shadow Tag gets released :L

I think Virizion will be a great addiction to UU, and so Tornadus-I. Another poke I would like to see in UU is Toxicroak... He's been at the bottom of OU for a long time

Can't wait until Cinncino gets out of NU--then, I might start playing it more.

Golurk, kind of like Victreebel and Bibarel, seems like the NU mon that can do well in any tier. It has plenty of counters / checks in NU, and it still fills a niche in OU.

Absol's fine in NU. He isn't absurdly powerful, it does have some counters / checks in Golem, Alomomola, Probopass, etc.

ScarfGard is really good--it can outspeed and take down most of the top 20 with the respective move.

Code:
 | 201  | Mandibuzz          | 580    |  0.173% | 338    |  0.169% | [/QUOTE]

GOD DAMN IT. People do not understand how bulky Mandibuzz is. The only attacks that can really take it out are either weather boosted, or STAB super-effective moves. Looks like I'll have to pull a Molk and single-handedly get this thing up in usage.

GOD DAMN IT. People do not understand how bulky Mandibuzz is. The only attacks that can really take it out are either weather boosted, or STAB super-effective moves. Looks like I'll have to pull a Molk and single-handedly get this thing up in usage.
Yes but it can't really do much back.

252Atk Terrakion (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Mandibuzz (+Def): 59% - 69% (252 - 296 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Looks nice on paper, surviving a SE STAB attack from Terrakion, but then what?
She can't spread burns or paralysis and Tailwind isn't a great support move in practise.

You have me intrigued enough to try it but I think it's doomed to failure.

Yes but it can't really do much back.

252Atk Terrakion (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Mandibuzz (+Def): 59% - 69% (252 - 296 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Looks nice on paper, surviving a SE STAB attack from Terrakion, but then what?
She can't spread burns or paralysis and Tailwind isn't a great support move in practise.

You have me intrigued enough to try it but I think it's doomed to failure.
I run a phazing set of Whirlwind/Knock Off/Toxic/Roost because his attacking stats are really low. I also run a Specially Defensive Buzz to tank Thunder(bolt) and Ice Beam users. If you need a physical wall than max defense could work too.

Can't wait until Cinncino gets out of NU--then, I might start playing it more.

Golurk, kind of like Victreebel and Bibarel, seems like the NU mon that can do well in any tier. It has plenty of counters / checks in NU, and it still fills a niche in OU.

Absol's fine in NU. He isn't absurdly powerful, it does have some counters / checks in Golem, Alomomola, Probopass, etc.
There are quite a few NU mons this gen that are pretty viable in all or most of the tiers. It's no longer a tier for "the worst of the worst", there are plenty of Pokemon down there that are only down there due to low popularity, and they can still clean up well in the higher tiers. That's why the border of RU and NU in particular is so blurred.

I've been debating replacing Tangela on an RU team of mine with Amoonguss, and really, Amoonguss has precious few things going for it, namely 100% accurate Spore and poison STAB for going against other grass-types. Fighting resist is nice, too, and psychic is a pretty rare type in anything above NU.

In Tangela's favor are greater bulk (even without Eviolite), Leech Seed (pretty sure Amoonguss doesn't get it), better SpA and MUCH better speed.

So basically, I think Amoonguss is going to drop pretty quickly once people realize how much the Tangs still outclass.
...and absorbing Toxic Spikes and being immune to Toxic, and much more special defense even with Eviolite factored in (45% if both are 252/0 (252/4 in Tangela's case), 25% if they're both running 252/252+, without taking leftovers into account), and Clear Smog, and the ability to use items besides Eviolite and still be ridiculously bulky (unless you want the difference in bulk to become 7-17% more for Tangela on the Physical Side and 87-118% more for Amoonguss on the Special Side).

If you want to take Tangrowth into account, all of the above is still true with the exception of the point about Eviolite. The difference in bulk just becomes 37-51% more physical defense for Tangrowth and 39-54% more special defense for Amoonguss.

I fail to see how Amoonguss is so greatly outclassed, though I'm not going to belabor the point since I'd love Amoonguss to stay NU where it's so good currently (though that might change with Shadow Tag Goth released in six days).

Why would Cinccino leave NU? Skill Link isn't really much better than Technician.
Average power of Cinccino's 3 multihit moves with Technician before STAB: 112.5 with a 3/8 chance to only have 75 and only a 2/8 chance to have more than that.
Consistent power of Cinccino's 3 multihit moves with Skill Link before STAB: 125

Plus, you break Sub's better with Skill Link because you are assured the five hits. There's a reason Cinccino went from 46 in NU to 3 this past month (and 153 to 63 in RU), even if some of it was hype. It has three moves that always have 125 power (one with STAB) and that can break subs.

tl;dr: The average power is slightly higher, you break subs better, and you don't have to gamble and get unlucky with only two hits, since if that happens Cinccino is probably dead because its defenses are terrible.

Well, Amoonguss is likely to rise to OU over the next couple of months. Can't say I didn't see that one coming.

Although I don't see Vaporeon much in battles I'm in, I'm not actually surprised it's still in OU range. In battles I spectate, I actually see quite a few Hydration + Rest Vaporeons.

Surprised that Mamoswine's not higher than it is; It can check D-nite and Salamence, as well as the Therians. #17 is still pretty high though. Good to see Salamence getting more love.

Also

Code:
 | 59   | Slowbro            | 9312   |  2.784% | 5528   |  2.764% |
Come on Slowbro, you can get into OU. You can do it!
I do believe Amoonguss would do a lot better in UU there is just to much things that threaten it after its put something to sleep, so heavy team synergy will be required.

| 1 | Politoed | 74554 | 22.289% | 49034 | 24.514% |
| 2 | Scizor | 69154 | 20.674% | 39851 | 19.923% |

This is actually surprising. Politoed higher than Scizor in usage? Wow!

| 5 | Heatran | 51740 | 15.468% | 31569 | 15.782% |

Despite the presence of rain, this guy actually manages to stay afloat during the torrent of counters that it's received. Keep on enduring, Heatran! And also continue to be awesome in my Hail team! <3

| 7 | Breloom | 46084 | 13.777% | 26191 | 13.094% |
| 9 | Tyranitar | 44201 | 13.214% | 28911 | 14.454% |

Breloom being higher than Tyranitar in usage? This is also surprising.

| 10 | Tornadus-Therian | 40773 | 12.189% | 22722 | 11.359% |

I honestly get the feeling Tornadus-I is going to head straight to UU because Tornadus-T outclasses it near every way. It's a very good feeling, since Tornadus-I was already UU for three months and I don't recall it being sent to BL at all. I looked at the Suspect rounds and couldn't find Tornadus-I in those.

| 15 | Forretress | 37479 | 11.205% | 22841 | 11.419% |

When people say this Pokemon is useless, I maniacally laugh and point out its key niches and capabilities against a lot of the metagame, something it somewhat shares with Ferrothorn now. Key difference? Forretress doesn't have an additonal Fighting-type weakness, and also can use Toxic Spikes.

| 17 | Mamoswine | 33340 | 9.967% | 18418 | 9.208% |
| 23 | Volcarona | 26766 | 8.002% | 14802 | 7.400% |

Both of these Pokemon are severely underrated. Both of them benefit from rain and counter a lot of common threats in OU handily.

| 26 | Haxorus | 24373 | 7.287% | 13253 | 6.626% |

...wasn't Haxorus lower in stats last I recalled? I really ought to check later on.

| 35 | Cloyster | 20755 | 6.205% | 11622 | 5.810% |

Y'know, last I checked, this thing was also about to drop to UU alongside Virizion and co. What happened since then?

| 44 | Metagross | 18500 | 5.531% | 11268 | 5.633% |

Metagross... you happened to be my favorite Pseudo-Legendary for three Gens in a row since you began being a competitive menace. Keep holding on to your tier placement, for I fear the worst from UU.

| 50 | Amoonguss | 13118 | 3.922% | 7810 | 3.904% |

...so close to being practically OU.
So. Close.

| 51 | Dugtrio | 11841 | 3.540% | 7244 | 3.622% |

If this drops to UU, I shudder to think of the damage it could do to the UU tier!

In all seriousness, I'm going to assume people are starting to realize that trappers aren't quite as effective when the only thing they've got is their ability? I tried using Dugtrio a month ago with disastrous results, and I wouldn't be surprised if this and Chandelure were still in UU even when they eventually compete with each other for the role of "badass trapper". They're both forced to run Choice sets to get past their myriad counters from both OU and UU, and I seriously can't express how that hinders them as much as it does some of the Pokemon they're meant to switch in to.

| 54 | Abomasnow | 10624 | 3.176% | 7145 | 3.572% |

Oh hell no.

Looks like I have to play more OU. Abomasnow is too priceless to be in any tier that isn't OU. I've seen the Ubers stats this month, and it's higher placed in that tier than this one. Even though it does more here. I'm going to just shrug and keep using a Hail team.

| 55 | Mew | 10277 | 3.072% | 6830 | 3.415% |

See this, Molk? This is something you should keep track of!

...or I could keep track of it and try different gimmicky sets with Mew to see if this Pokemon deserves to stay in OU at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)