Nov's Novelties

So I have a question everybody:

Look at these pictures of Ludicolo, paying special attention to the details of its torso.

Is that a furry body around Ludicolo? If so then that's gunna change my original interpretation of the mon.
Should I do Ludicolo in a furry body? Or should I give it a more pineapple-y skin?

(Should he reply to this, I will pay special attention to Eagle4's imput since he was the one to originally request Ludicolo)

From the direct words of bulbapedia:

Ludicolo is a mixture of a pineapple and a duck (or possibly a platypus). Ludicolo appears to sport a poncho...

So technically, that's a poncho it's wearing. But it's a mix of a pineapple and a duck, so I'm sure that giving it a more pineapple-y skin would work.

From the direct words of bulbapedia:

Ludicolo is a mixture of a pineapple and a duck (or possibly a platypus). Ludicolo appears to sport a poncho...
LOL what was gamefreak thinking? This thing was made by a high Gamefreak employee haha.

I can only imagine the conversation had between the two obviously high artists upon its conception.

"Dude...Du..Dude.. you know what this game needs? You know what this game really needs?....... something that combines Happiness, Mexicans, Ducks, and Pineapples... You know?.... I mean, it's like... it's beauty man... it's just pure beauty..."

"Bro you're so *cough*...you're so right...I mean...... Happiness, Mexicans, ducks, and pineapples?....That's every man bro....that's every man"

over 1000 views! YAY! (now we just need to get those Luvdiscs up there), and if that's how you want it Eagle, that's how we'll do it! :D

Lol, love that gyarados pic. Very cool.

Hmmm..... mind if I request a skarmory? Doesn't need to be realistic. Thanks in advance!

that sawsbruck looks really good. and, i don't know if you intended it, but this guy right here

looks like a stoner pokemon... you would have had my vote!

edit: sawsbuck, sorry. i don't know the newer pokemon!

Lol, love that gyarados pic. Very cool.

Hmmm..... mind if I request a skarmory? Doesn't need to be realistic. Thanks in advance!
Skarmory sounds like a very interesting poke to do. I'd love to! Realistic Skarm may be a challenge (I've never done metal before), but I'm not sure what to do as you've left it so open ended. I'll definitely try to think of something cool :D

that sawsbruck looks really good. and, i don't know if you intended it, but this guy right here

looks like a stoner pokemon... you would have had my vote!
Thanks! I may do a few more Sawsbucks later actually. Its my fav poke. Maybe I can do all four seasons one time. Thanks for the feedback tho. Next CAP I'll definitely submit something! :D

Thought I'd show you guys what I'm up to

Hopefully you can tell its a Mewtwo. Whatcha guys think so far? Made it without looking at any reference. Lol I didn't even look at a mewtwo pic.

Edit: just noticed, black and purple seem to be a common combo for when I do legendary pokemon

Looking very good so far! Is this a realistic piece, or a newish style? The..um..abbs? Well, anyway, the abbs look a bit too big and bloated, and the fingers could be slightly shorter. Other than that, this is coming along nicely...

Looking very good so far! Is this a realistic piece, or a newish style? The..um..abbs? Well, anyway, the abbs look a bit too big and bloated, and the fingers could be slightly shorter. Other than that, this is coming along nicely...
Lol yes! Mewtwo is the original Uber. It deserves abs. and I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestions.

And I'm using the same skill set as I would should I be doing a realistic poke, but with no reference, the work is kind of doing its own thing. We'll just call this High Detail Freestyle for now :D

Back from Vacation. I hope no one thinks me rude for jumping right to Volcarona instead of going in order, but its one of my favorite pokemon ever, so I just couldn't help myself. I'll be getting to other requests shortly. Anyway, here it is.

I would be highly offended that Ludicolo isn't finished, if that Volcarona wasn't so amazingly beautiful. To improve it, increase the opacity of its wings, and make sure it's head butting a lightbulb several times.

I would be highly offended that Ludicolo isn't finished, if that Volcarona wasn't so amazingly beautiful. To improve it, increase the opacity of its wings, and make sure it's head butting a lightbulb several times.
Well I have no idea what you mean by headbutting a light bulb, but I made its wings less opaque.

Made this in about twenty minutes (editing pictures and blending them together with color). My internet has been going on and off for the past three days, so sorry bout that.

Ludicolo is almost done. I just have to finish up his arms (the green areas on Ludicolo's body are quite tedious to make, so I often have to take breaks and do something else (hence the sceptile).

Hope you guys enjoy!

Haha, that's awesome man! The only thing I am having trouble with in that picture is the tree that's supposed to be it's tail... It doesn't really work with the colouring on his body. I actually thought that the ferns behind the sceptile were it's tail...... I would keep it like that.

Here's the Ludicolo. Sorry I've been so innactive everyone (especially to Eagle4 and other ppl who still have requests going). I just got a nice new tablet tho (as well as a new art program), so I'll test both out while working on you guys's requests. I apologize once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)