Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 124 SDef / 128 Spd
Careful Nature​
  • Substitute
  • Swords Dance
  • Body Slam
  • Power Whip

I haven't really seen anyone use this set recently, despite the fact it's incredibly effective with all the Regenerator cores running around. The EVs may look weird, however they serve a purpose. The HP EVs gives Lickilicky 404 HP, meaning its Substitutes cannot be broken by Seismic Toss, from the likes of Hypno or something. Those HP EVs, alongside 124 Special Defence EVs , with a Careful nature, means that Lickilicky's Substitute can never be broken by Amoonguss's Sludge Bomb, Rotom-S's Volt Switch and any of Alomomola's attacks. It can also take weak physical attacks, like defensive Lickilicky's Body Slam. The Speed EVs enable Lickilicky to outspeed Pokemon with a base Speed of 65, with 4 Speed EVs (:3), such Alomomola, Emboar, and anything below, like Tangela and Golem. Body Slam is the STAB move of choice, it also has a 30% chance of inflicting paralysis. Return is a viable alternative. Power Whip is its coverage move of choice, hitting Rock-types who resists Body Slam hard, such as Carracosta, Golurk and Golem. As far as team mates go, I've been using Musharna, as it can take on a majority of the Fighting-types in the tier, who generally have an easy time against this Lickilicky set. It can even support Lickilicky with Heal Bell! While in return, Lickilicky can take on Ghost-type attacks aimed at Musharna.​

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay, so I'm new to NU, but this is one of the most fun things I've ever run in any tier.

Baltoy @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Yes, I know it's Baltoy, but this has actually been working pretty damn well for me. Claydol is famous for being the only Rapid Spinner to take fuck all from hazards in the higher tiers, and Baltoy is a similar case in NU. It has surprising bulk with Eviolite (it took a Garbodor Explosion with around 45% left once...) and with Wish support it can spin all day.

WOO 2000th POST

EDIT: Yeah, it fares horribly against every single Ghost-type in the game. That's what teammates are for though.

The problem with Baltoy is that can't spin against any Ghost-type in NU. Misdreavus outright walls you, due to Heal Bell and Levitate, and it can retaliate with a super effective Shadow Ball, similarly, Haunter resists your entire moveset while being able to hit back hard. Although vulnerable to Toxic, Golurk, Frillish and Drifblim all easily beat you, as the latter two don't take much damage from Earthquake at all, while Drifblim is immune to it. Honestly, if I wanted any success at all with Baltoy, I would at least use Ice Beam to try and hit Golurk for decent damage, or Psychic for Haunter.

Yeah, to add to Keiran's post:

252 Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Golurk (+Atk) Shadow Punch vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Baltoy (+Def) : 90.85% - 107.75%
43.75% chance to OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Haunter Shadow Ball vs 252 HP/6 SpDef Eviolite Baltoy: 98.24% - 116.2%
93.75% chance to OHKO

Popular spin-blockers don't afraid of Baltoy.

EDIT: You know, erisia, when you play devil's advocate, you're supposed to actually make Baltoy look better.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To play devils advocate, just double switch to Skuntank / Absol when they ready their Ghost type. The only one that can commonly do anything is Drifblim.

Sludge Wave on Seismitoad is something that hurts Probopass/Parasect together (otherwise Parasect generally walls it (forgot about Hp Ice x:), not that anyone but myself uses Parasect), and it almost stops there, netting Tangela too. As erisia already said, Stealth Rock is overall better, seeing as Seismitoad isn't the only Pokemon on your team. I personally believe that Seismitoad works well with Rain Dance there, too. Otherwise, I wouldn't necessarily use it for attacking, but as a defensive set, which was discussed. And someone mentioned it being a DP Quagsire without recover/unaware, whoever that was.

That Lickilicky seems really great in the current metagame, seeing as Musharna dominates, and Golurk is rising in usage. Since Musharna is generally such a potent threat offensively, it can force useless (or really any sort of) switches while being able to Heal Bell. I'm a big fan of Defensive Lickilicky, but I've seen that set put to good use in the past, and Lickilicky is still pretty bulky with the provided EV spread.

The Baltoy was interesting. Ghosts, yeah, we know. But there are a lot of Bulky grass types, and bulky waters (Im not sure how many) that will make it choose between getting toxic inflicted on it (or maybe even being ko'd by their Stab move, since most are Special Attackers [Alomomola is a general exeption]), and rapid spinning/inflicting them with toxic, or just switching into a teammate to keep itself alive longer. I can see it's potential, but I think teams will be prepared.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
  • UnderRated Moveset

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 124 SDef / 128 Spd
Careful Nature​
  • Substitute
  • Swords Dance
  • Body Slam
  • Power Whip

I haven't really seen anyone use this set recently, despite the fact it's incredibly effective with all the Regenerator cores running around. The EVs may look weird, however they serve a purpose. The HP EVs gives Lickilicky 404 HP, meaning its Substitutes cannot be broken by Seismic Toss, from the likes of Hypno or something. Those HP EVs, alongside 124 Special Defence EVs , with a Careful nature, means that Lickilicky's Substitute can never be broken by Amoonguss's Sludge Bomb, Rotom-S's Volt Switch and any of Alomomola's attacks. It can also take weak physical attacks, like defensive Lickilicky's Body Slam. The Speed EVs enable Lickilicky to outspeed Pokemon with a base Speed of 65, with 4 Speed EVs (:3), such Alomomola, Emboar, and anything below, like Tangela and Golem. Body Slam is the STAB move of choice, it also has a 30% chance of inflicting paralysis. Return is a viable alternative. Power Whip is its coverage move of choice, hitting Rock-types who resists Body Slam hard, such as Carracosta, Golurk and Golem. As far as team mates go, I've been using Musharna, as it can take on a majority of the Fighting-types in the tier, who generally have an easy time against this Lickilicky set. It can even support Lickilicky with Heal Bell! While in return, Lickilicky can take on Ghost-type attacks aimed at Musharna.​
This is one of the best sets in the metagame right now. The amount of Pokemon Lickilicky can set up on is ridiculous. Most walls, such as Amoonguss, Alomomola, Probopass, or other Lickilicky struggle to break its subs even with investment. On top of that, Lickilicky tends to lure in Pokemon such as Golurk and Carracosta, both of which are destroyed by Power Whip.

Also, shame on you Keiran for not giving NLI credit for creating this set >:(

Magic Coat is such a fun move to use right now. There's the obvious Spore from Amoonguss to reflect back. It's also useful on a leading Pokemon because 90% of the time your opponent's lead is going to try to set up entry hazards first turn. Some very viable Pokemon such as Probopass, Musharna, Absol, Golurk, and Gardevoir get it too. Maybe it's just the joy that comes from feeling like you outsmarted your opponent, but I definitely like using it.

My personal revenge killer extraordinaire.

Tauros @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate/Sheer Force
Evs: 4hp/ 252Atk/ 252Spd
Adamant Nature

Retaliate
Return/ Rock Climb
Stone Edge/ Zen Headbutt
Earthquake

Choice Scarf Retaliate Tauros has been perhaps one of the most effective and fun sets I have used. The surprise factor of the scarf has given me many extra KO's on unsuspecting opponents. A boosted retaliate has enough power to Ohko many prominent threats in the tier such as Sawk and Emboar after stealth rock damage and do almost half to the ever so common Amoonguss. Return is used for consistent damage as retaliate should be used in a hit and run situation. Rock Climb can be used over return for more damage, however the less than perfect accuracy sucks. Stone Edge or Zen headbutt is for extra coverage and is really down to preference. Earthquake is for steel and rock types that otherwise wall this set.

While Retaliate hits incredibly hard after a teammate has been ko'ed, it should only be used in a hit and run situation as it is quite weak without the boost. Ghost types give this set problems, however with team support, this can worked around. These factors should not deter you from trying out this amazing revenge killer as it outspeeds the whole unboosted tier with a scarf, while still hitting exceptionally hard. Try it out and i promise you wont be disappointed.

I'm surprised Choice Scarf Tauros wasn't already an on-site set. I mean, its typical LO + Sheer Force gig is probably better, but with a Scarf, Tauros becomes a pretty cool revenge killer. The only other Pokemon in the tier that have both a high attack and speed stat are Floatzel, Rapidash, and Zebstrika, but none of them really have the ability to constantly switch around like Tauros due to their lower bulk and lack of Intimidate (although Flash Fire Rapidash and Sap Sipper Zebstrika can net a few nice free switches). That's not really too important however, as this set is supposed to revenge kill rather than sweep. In theory, it looks like it would be a pretty sexy revenge killer, too.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 0 HP/0 Def Cinccino: 108.59% - 128.18%
Guaranteed OHKO
That shouldn't surprise anyone.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 0 HP/0 -1 Def Gorebyss: 119.92% - 141.43%
Guaranteed OHKO
Outspeeds and OHKO's LO Gorebyss after a Smash.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 0 HP/0 Def Gorebyss: 80.08% - 94.42%
Entry hazards damage: 31
After entry hazards: 232 - 268 (92.43% - 106.77%)
43.75% chance to OHKO
With SR up, Tauros has a decent chance of revenge killing White Herb Gorebyss after a Smash.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 0 HP/0 Def Rotom-S: 82.16% - 97.1%
Entry hazards damage: 60
After entry hazards: 258 - 294 (107.05% - 121.99%)
Guaranteed OHKO
Tauros obviously doesn't afraid of Rotom-S or Rotom-F. Outspeeds and OHKO's with SR.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 0 HP/0 Def Sawk: 91.07% - 107.56%
Entry hazards damage: 18
After entry hazards: 283 - 331 (97.25% - 113.75%)
81.25% chance to OHKO
Confirming Incon's claim. (pt.1)

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 128 HP/0 Def Emboar: 75.57% - 89.31%
Entry hazards damage: 49
After entry hazards: 346 - 400 (88.04% - 101.78%)
12.5% chance to OHKO
Confirming Incon's claim. (pt.2) Considering half of Emboar's moves cause recoil, the chance to OHKO is much higher than it looks.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 0 HP/0 Def Braviary: 77.71% - 91.79%
Entry hazards damage: 85
After entry hazards: 350 - 398 (102.64% - 116.72%)
Guaranteed OHKO
Outspeeds and OHKO's any Braviary variant after it takes Stealth Rock Damage. By extension, Swellow is also taken down.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Retaliate vs 4 HP/0 Def Ludicolo: 92.72% - 109.6%
Entry hazards damage: 37
After entry hazards: 317 - 368 (104.97% - 121.85%)
Guaranteed OHKO
Ludicolos that aren't Swift Swimming past Tauros that don't invest in bulk are easily handled.

252 Atk Tauros (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 0 HP/0 Def Shedinja: 37400% - 44000%
Guaranteed OHKO
Couldn't help myself.

So, obviously anything without a decent level of defense investment is going to get taken down by Tauros fairly easily. Things like Exeggutor, Samurott, Gurdurr, Golurk, and other bulkier offensive Pokemon can actually take a hit from Tauros (or multiple depending on the 'mon) and easily KO it or force it out.

EDIT: If anyone would be willing to confirm those calcs I'd really appreciate it; my calculator has made a few mistakes recently (or rather, I've probably made a few mistakes) and by comparing its results with the ones other users get I can know if I'm inputting all my data the right way. I'm almost certain that I didn't mess anything up here though.

@ Choice Band
Trait : Mold Breaker
EVs : 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower

With the new move tutors in BW2, CB Fraxure got a lot more viable because of Aqua Tail and Superpower. Because of Mold Breaker, Fraxure doesn't have to worry about the Sturdys of Golems and Probopasses so it makes a great addition to your team if you want to avoid rocks. Fraxure is also an amazing wallbreaker much like his older brother, Haxorus. The only difference is that there aren't many steel types in NU and Fraxure can also outspeed some offensive pokemon such as Emboar or Exeggutor. The Speed EVs are enough to outspeed Adamant max speed Emboar and max Attack is necessary for Fraxure to attain as much power as possible. The rest of the EVs are put in HP to take random Giga Drains and other weak moves better. After Stealth Rocks, Fraxure can 2HKO and OHKO almost every pokemon in the tier. Banded Outrage does insane damage to every pokemon in the tier while Dragon Claw is used to avoid getting locked into Outrage. Superpower and Aqua Tail are nice coverage options to OHKO pokes such as Golem or Probopass. Dragon Dance isn't that great in this offensive meta since there aren't many chances for Fraxure to set up. CB allows Fraxure to have immediate power.

Fraxure should be seeing a lot more popularity than it is right now. Also, Superpower OHKOs the SubSD Lickilicky spread 100% of the time. Here are some calcs.

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Amoonguss (+Def) : 62.73% - 73.84%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Alomomola (+Def) : 46.63% - 55.06%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Tangela (+Def) : 39.52% - 46.71%
3 hits to KO

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Outrage vs 0 HP/0 Def Samurott: 103.63% - 122.36%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Aqua Tail vs 172 HP/0 Def Golurk: 100% - 117.68%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Outrage vs 0 HP/0 Def Exeggutor: 103.63% - 122.36%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Fraxure (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Emboar: 100.47% - 118.4%
Guaranteed OHKO

Choice Scarf Fraxure also makes a great revenge killer / cleaner as it barely outspeeds Swellow.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can confirm that Fraxure is incredible, especially with Low Kick and Superpower available to it. However, I'm not convinced Choice Band is its optimal set at the moment. The way I see it, Fraxure will come in on something it can force out (weak Special walls, Pokemon like Probopass), and use this free turn to set up Dragon Dance. This gives it the power of a Choice Band and Speed of a Scarf in the same turn the CB or Scarf set would spend simply attacking, and from there it can start to break face with its perfect two move coverage. Getting Fighting-type moves was a complete blessing, and it can get all the coverage it needs with Low Kick and Outrage (Low Kick being better than Superpower on this set for obvious reasons). It has little need to run Aqua Tail, and I have found Substitute much more useful on this set, especially when combined with Eviolite, making Fraxure surprisingly sturdy.

Anyway, I'll be adding cbb's Exeggutor and Keirans SubSD Lickilicky, and possibly a few other sets here if they get some more positive discussion (lets find an optimal Fraxure set). Keep up the much better standard we have going here guys.

best pokemon ever js.

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

help what do I do Beheeyem kills everything! It kills speed creeping Regirock, and basically anything that isnt fully invested in special defence. Analytic works on switches so you basically cant switch out of this thing. Oh and it has Base 125 Special attack. So even if you bring in something bulky its losing a lot of health. LO is an option if you want to switch moves, but the recoil and drop of POWER is noticable. Psychic is the move of choice, the others are what you spam until you remove the Absol or Skuntank on the other team. Or if they have a probopass i guess. Generally you use Signal Beam / HP Ground turn 1 and remove the counter. Since with the power of Beheeyem they cant risk letting other things die. Beheeyem is strong guys, it is a very underrated Pokemon.

I too can confirm the sheer force that is Beheeyem. Force a switch and something is taking heavy damage. Just a few calcs to prove its power:

-252SpAtk Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem (+SAtk) Signal Beam vs 252HP/0SpDef Leftovers Musharna (Neutral): 81% - 96% (356 - 420 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

-252SpAtk Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem (+SAtk) Signal Beam vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Absol (Neutral): 188% - 222% (514 - 606 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

-252SpAtk Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Ground) vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Skuntank (Neutral): 136% - 160% (474 - 558 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

-252SpAtk Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem (+SAtk) Psychic vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Flash Fire Flareon (+SpDef): 61% - 73% (207 - 244 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

-252SpAtk Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem (+SAtk) Psychic vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Altaria (+SpDef): 60% - 71% (213 - 252 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

-252SpAtk Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem (+SAtk) Psychic vs 252HP/0SpDef Leftovers Regice (Neutral): 45% - 53% (166 - 196 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 2% chance to 2HKO with Leftovers. Guarenteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock Damage.

I also am confirming the calcs that Chaotica Mortis ran. Retaliate Tauros is quite the sexy revenge killer. However, beware on PS!, the retaliate boost hasnt been implemented yet which freaking sucks.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Beheeyem is very, very underrated and I can attest to its ridiculous power; it OHKO'd my full health 236/0 Regirock with Psychic once. If you want a psychic type with raw power over bulk then Beheeyem is definitely the way to go over Musharna for example.

Standard Moveset with a Twist

Exeggutor @ Lum Berry
Trait : Harvest
EVs : 172 HP / 252 SpAtk / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Rest

Exeggutor is an amazing pokemon as we all know. It's massive special attack allows it to destroy walls just with his STAB moves. This set looks very familiar to the LO Synthesis set that some Exeggutor's run, but this set comes with a twist. Whenever I've used LO Exeggutor or even Lefties Exeggutor, it got easily worn down by Toxic from the likes of Alomomolas, but with Lum Berry and Harvest, Exeggutor can easily switch in on status moves repeatedly throughout the match. He can easily destroy the common AlomoMoongus core with his STAB moves. Even without LO or Specs, Exeggutor OHKOes physically defensive Amoonguss 100% of the time after rocks damage. Exeggutor can take a Sludge Bomb from Amoonguss too if need be, and it does not get 2HKOed by Clear Smog. With correct prediction, Exeggutor can easily come in on a Spore through Lum Berry. Lum Berry fakes Choiced sets extremely well which can get the jump on many pokemon such as Braviary. This set is also one of the best switch-ins to opposing Exeggutors and Tangelas since it can take Sleep Powders via Lum.

Sleep Powder is standard so Eggy can cripple at least one opposing pokemon. Leaf Storm and Psychic provide STAB moves that give enough coverage. Rest allows Eggy to recover to full health and wake up through constant Lum Berrys. Credit to Full2Half for this suggestion. The spread allows Eggy to outspeed Alomomolas while still getting max special attack. The rest is put into HP for more bulk. I know cbb already posted an Exeggutor set, but I feel that this one fits very well in this metagame filled with status.

These are just comments about other sets. SubSD Lickilicky is a very potent sweeper as it can set up easily on the likes of Amoonguss and Alomomola. One thing I've noticed about this Lickilicky set is how useless it is against offensive teams such as cbb's. Against offensive teams, where Lickilicky has no chance to set up, I usually send it in as fodder or try to get lucky by taking a hit and getting paralysis. Don't get me wrong, Lickilicky is an amazing poke that can sweep teams alone, but in some situations, Lickilicky is useless. Aqua Tail is only useful on Fraxure for Golems and you're right about how it shouldn't be used on a DD set. Even though DD can still net a boost of a Choice Band and a Choice Scarf, I still think that Choice Band Fraxure is a very viable set. There are many times when Fraxure would rather blow a huge hole in a team then try setting up a DD. I've been trying out a Tailwind team (pretty gimmicky but useful) and the Tailwind support really helps Fraxure blow holes in the opposing team for about 2-3 turns since some teams don't have anything to take a hit from Fraxure and they can't outspeed him due to Tailwind. Beheeyem is also a monster that should be seeing a lot more usage within the next month.​

This eggy set is really great and i fondly remember using a similar set a while ago. my only suggestion is that you use rest over synthesis because you will definately get to full health and such. Otherwise, its about the same. great set etc etc

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Standard Moveset with a Twist

Exeggutor @ Lum Berry
Trait : Harvest
EVs : 172 HP / 252 SpAtk / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Rest

Exeggutor is an amazing pokemon as we all know. It's massive special attack allows it to destroy walls just with his STAB moves. This set looks very familiar to the LO Synthesis set that some Exeggutor's run, but this set comes with a twist. Whenever I've used LO Exeggutor or even Lefties Exeggutor, it got easily worn down by Toxic from the likes of Alomomolas, but with Lum Berry and Harvest, Exeggutor can easily switch in on status moves repeatedly throughout the match. He can easily destroy the common AlomoMoongus core with his STAB moves. Even without LO or Specs, Exeggutor OHKOes physically defensive Amoonguss 100% of the time after rocks damage. Exeggutor can take a Sludge Bomb from Amoonguss too if need be, and it does not get 2HKOed by Clear Smog. With correct prediction, Exeggutor can easily come in on a Spore through Lum Berry. Lum Berry fakes Choiced sets extremely well which can get the jump on many pokemon such as Braviary. This set is also one of the best switch-ins to opposing Exeggutors and Tangelas since it can take Sleep Powders via Lum.

Sleep Powder is standard so Eggy can cripple at least one opposing pokemon. Leaf Storm and Psychic provide STAB moves that give enough coverage. Rest allows Eggy to recover to full health and wake up through constant Lum Berrys. Credit to Full2Half for this suggestion. The spread allows Eggy to outspeed Alomomolas while still getting max special attack. The rest is put into HP for more bulk. I know cbb already posted an Exeggutor set, but I feel that this one fits very well in this metagame filled with status.

These are just comments about other sets. SubSD Lickilicky is a very potent sweeper as it can set up easily on the likes of Amoonguss and Alomomola. One thing I've noticed about this Lickilicky set is how useless it is against offensive teams such as cbb's. Against offensive teams, where Lickilicky has no chance to set up, I usually send it in as fodder or try to get lucky by taking a hit and getting paralysis. Don't get me wrong, Lickilicky is an amazing poke that can sweep teams alone, but in some situations, Lickilicky is useless. Aqua Tail is only useful on Fraxure for Golems and you're right about how it shouldn't be used on a DD set. Even though DD can still net a boost of a Choice Band and a Choice Scarf, I still think that Choice Band Fraxure is a very viable set. There are many times when Fraxure would rather blow a huge hole in a team then try setting up a DD. I've been trying out a Tailwind team (pretty gimmicky but useful) and the Tailwind support really helps Fraxure blow holes in the opposing team for about 2-3 turns since some teams don't have anything to take a hit from Fraxure and they can't outspeed him due to Tailwind. Beheeyem is also a monster that should be seeing a lot more usage within the next month.​
I started using this set too. works very well with probopass on offensive teams as their typings fit perfectly defensively and both can keep offensive momentum (just add a water poke to cover surf ice beam combination). I like hp ice over sleep powder but I guess that's personal preferance. I also want to add that if you completley invest in hp and def while keeping max sp.att (something like 128 hp 128 def) you can actualy take on an absol night slash at full health. You do lose the speed but absol's only presence can make eggy much less effective.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I thought I was the only one that used specs beheeyem! But I prefer hidden power fighting over ground as there are more air balloons pokemon and it hits most poke just as hard

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
One of the main benefits of Hidden Power Ground is to hit Skuntank, which is a full stop to most Psychic-types.

I'd honestly rather use HP Fighting as well, as an analytic Thunderbolt ko'es skuntank after any entry hazard damage.

Also, here's a fun set to try:

Absol @ Life Orb/Leftovers/Chople Berry
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Jolly / Super Luck

Swords Dance
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Baton Pass

This set can cause a few late-game tough spots on its own, but it also gives the opportunity to catch traditional counters (like Tangela, Weezing, etc.) and obstacles to SD Absol (like SubDisable Haunter) completely off guard by passing a +2 boost or a substitute to something that can proceed to rampage through their team. Just Sub as they switch out to wall you, boost as they break the sub, or just baton pass out to scout their switch. Fast offensive pokemon like Cincinno benefit greatly from either SD or Sub and can tear through most of absol's offensive checks, but SubPassing to a Charizard or Simisage as they bring in their Tangela/Amoonguss is just as game-changing. Jolly is important so your baton pass is as fast as possible (beating out all samurott, tying opposing absol, and outpacing adamant sawk). Chople is viable if you run max HP over max attack, as if you do it can survive a Drain Punch+Mach Punch from Bulk Up Gurdurr at full health, meaning it can set up in the face of certain death and easily set up something truly nasty like AcroBlim, which at +2 it is a terror to behold....

watashi

World Defender
That seems like a very fun set but I don't think Substitute is necessary since Absol has enough trouble setting up already. I'd probably go with Superpower or another coverage move in that slot. You could also consider running Night Slash over Sucker Punch since it's not the most reliable STAB move to have.

Hello!

A Physical set that I use with my Eelektross.

Eelektross @Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA) or Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Aqua tail
-Wild Charge
-Superpower
-Crunch/U-turn

With this set, Eelektross is enough fast to take down frail threat. With the Jolly Nature, it outspeeds non-scarfed Haunter, but can lack of power. With the Adamant, it speed-ties with non-scarfed Rotom-S. Aqua tail is great for the ground type like Golem et Golurk. I prefer to use U-turn over Crunch for Grass-type pokemon, but Crunch is truly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)