Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Cheers for the challenges so far guys.

If it is okay with you yarnus i would rather take the challenge about not having pokemon share weaknesses as it seems really interesting and i have managed to make a team for it.

Also Pippy this means that unfortunately i'm going to have to reject your challenge as when combined with yarnus' it gets silly but feel free to give me another if you want

Ok I would like a gauntlet challenge for Heart Gold

My rules
  • Medium Difficulty
  • 6 challenges (4 game long and 2 specific)
  • At least one challenge that restricts my team comp a little
Cheers guys
None of your Pokemon (except for HM slaves) can learn moves via TM or HM.
Naix, if your pokemon get a critical on an attack, they must switch out and stay out until the pokemon they were fighting gets knocked out. Forget this if all pokemon have gotten at least one crit in this battle.
Accepted.

Still need 2 One-time challenges and 1 Game Long challenge before I can continue my gauntlet, details here.

Reuniclus Lord, you are challenged to never run from a wild Pokemon battle. Good luck getting through some of the more extensive dungeons!

Jimera0, for a one time challenge you must defeat Jasmine using only not very effective moves!

I think that fits hard but doable

Good Luck!

Magic, please take this long-term challenge:

The combined weight of all pokemon on your team cannot excede 1000lbs.

Bonus: Lower it to 750lbs.
Interesting challenge :p. Could be pretty hard because i'm basically forced to use tanks because of naix's challenge. Most tanks are heavy so good challenge.

Accepted Nov's challenge, it's going to be a pretty rough one that :P I'm sure I'll manage though.

Still need 2 more Challenges, see this post for details.

Jimera: You may not enter a Gym unless your team's weight is under 500lbs.
Hang on let me do a calculation...

Hmmm total team weight comes to 670 pounds so I suppose that checks out. This is going to be an interesting one, hopefully it doesn't prove too hard in combination with the two other gym related challenges I have gotten so far.. I'll take it for the time being!

Just one more challenge to go, must be a 1 time challenge.

Still need 2 temporary challenges for my gauntlet
Temporary challenge, you say? Ok, in the Major Battles that you enter, you must switch out your pokemon every 2 turns. This means that you send out your first mon, then your next, and so on until all pokemon on your team have made an appearence at least once, depending on how long the battle is.

Temporary Challenge for Reuniclus Lord:

Reuniclus Lord, upon entering blackthorn city, immediately go to the pokemart. Sell all but any six healing items you choose (you can buy healing items if you wish, but you must sell the rest so that you only have six). Then go to the pokemon center immediately. Heal your pokemon. This will be the last heal you get at the pokemon center until you pass the dragon master test in the Dragon's Den.

Jimera, I don't know whether this will be a good one time challenge, but my one to you is:
"You may not use any moves that can be taught through TM or HM while fighting Chuck, as proof man is mightier than machine. Also, you cannot use STAB moves while fighting Chuck. Why? because the first part of this challenge isn't hard enough."

I found enough internet access to dish out a challenge.

@TheMagicalCake: Very hard, huh? Okay, how about this. In Opelucid Gym, you need to (try to) solo Iris. 6 times. Each time with a different pokemon species (this does mean some resetting). I don't care if they are part of your normal team or not, but they all need to be at least level 40. If they fail, they are dead. Permanently. Nuzlocke-style. After your 6 solos, you can proceed to beat up Iris however you want (assuming it follows your other challenges). If this is to hard/annoying/sadistic, feel free too tell me and I'll change it.

Jimera, I don't know whether this will be a good one time challenge, but my one to you is:
"You may not use any moves that can be taught through TM or HM while fighting Chuck, as proof man is mightier than machine. Also, you cannot use STAB moves while fighting Chuck. Why? because the first part of this challenge isn't hard enough."
No that works, though I honestly considered rejecting it because having ANOTHER gym leader restricted screwed with my evolution solos. However, I believe I've found a way around it that'll still work. Besides, it'd be against the spirit of the challenge for me to reject it. Ironically, this probably won't make Chuck himself any harder... instead it'll make one of my later solos harder since I won't get to use my preferred Pokemon for it :P. Works for me though!

So that's it, all 6 challenges obtained! I'll start later today or tomorrow, depending on what other stuff I do. Looks like every major battle from now til the elite four is going to be a challenge! Also, I've decided that I will take my next set of challenges immediately after Clair and thereby BEFORE I battle the Elite Four and Champion (I didn't really clarify enough in my original post so I have to make the determination now). However I'll probably mess with the number of challenges and how many are short/long term in order to keep the difficulty doable, seeing as stuff is really starting to stack up and 24 total might be a BIT much.

Okay, Professor Science, here.

Take the first 8 words of your favorite song. Be honest. Count the number of letters in each word. Throw out words with less than 3 letters and replace them at the end with the following words in the song that meet the requirement. The number corresponds to the number of STAB/super-effective moves you have to use against that gym leader. You cannot use STABed super-effective moves against gym leaders.

I've been quiet in this thread lately, which is mainly because I haven't really had time to play (and the time I was playing, I was grinding). Tomorrow morning, however, I am flying to Cleveland for a family event, and expect to have free time (if only on the plane). As such, I would like to ask for two post-Gardenia challenges in advance, please!

Smaug, if any of your Pokemon have a type advantage of any kind against any of Maylene's Pokemon (Monferno's STAB being SE against Lucario, Gastly being immune to Fighting-type moves, etc.), you may not use them against her.

Ok Smaug I didn't want to give you one right away in case others wanted to but since you're leaving tomorrow morning I'd better get you your challenge right away.

You are challenged to "pay" (meaning throw out) the Pokemon center 10 of the highest level Pokeballs you can buy (not counting special balls, just normal, great and ultra) every time you use the Pokemon center. This includes using the PC box to heal, so don't get any ideas. Also, any people/devices that heal your pokemon that are not unavoidable due to story reasons also require payment. Every time you partner with a trainer (ie that chick in Eterna forest and that dude with the Lucario) you are required to pay them.

Basically, if you can heal your Pokemon with it, pay them. I tried to close all the loopholes but I might've missed something.

Good luck!

Smaug, if any of your Pokemon have a type advantage of any kind against any of Maylene's Pokemon (Monferno's STAB being SE against Lucario, Gastly being immune to Fighting-type moves, etc.), you may not use them against her.
Does this mean that I wouldn't be allowed to, for example, use any Water types because they resist Lucario's Steel typing?

Ok Smaug I didn't want to give you one right away in case others wanted to but since you're leaving tomorrow morning I'd better get you your challenge right away.

You are challenged to "pay" (meaning throw out) the Pokemon center 10 of the highest level Pokeballs you can buy (not counting special balls, just normal, great and ultra) every time you use the Pokemon center. This includes using the PC box to heal, so don't get any ideas. Also, any people/devices that heal your pokemon that are not unavoidable due to story reasons also require payment.

Good luck!
I'm assuming this also takes effect if I black out (or white out, or whatever). Regardless, I accept.

Does this mean that I wouldn't be allowed to, for example, use any Water types because they resist Lucario's Steel typing?
It does. Basically, if it resists the typing of any of her Pokemon (or hits any of them super-effectively), it can't be used against her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)