"The annoying Liepard" (Prankster Liepard)

Now that Liepard can use its DW ability "Prankster" it can make great use of it.

It also got alot of usefull support move's in the likes of:
Charm, Encore, Rain Dance, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Torment, Toxic, Trick and Yawn.

It also has useable attacking moves to support your team in:
Fake Out (breaking sashes + sturdy), Knock Off (obvious), Pursuit + Sucker Punch (trapping ghost and let you play mindgames), Foul Play (in combination with swagger very usefull!) and U-Turn (momentum).

Lets take a look at Liepards base stats:

64 base HP - not very high...

88 base Attack - average...

50 base Defense - paper defense / frail

88 base Spcial Attack - average as well...

50 base Special Defense - again paper defense / frail

106 base Speed - nice speed...

Now that we are done with its base stats let's come straight to the point:

*Possible Movesets + explanation* :

*Standart Annoyer*

Liepard (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Possibly one of its new standart set's. It supports your team with paralyses, swaggers opponents to hurt themselfs very hard thanks to the +2 Atk boost from Swagger and even can cause para-fusion. Sub to stall for para or confusion hax and Foul Play is its best attacking move for this set thanks to swagger's attacking boost.

*Weather Summoner*

Liepard (F) @ Damp / Heat -Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold / Impish Nature (+Def, -S / Atk)
- Rain Dance / Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Encore
- Fake Tears / Charm / Taunt / Encore
- Dark Pulse / Taunt / U-Turn

And here we have another weather summoner.
Rain / Sunny -Dance are abvious choice for a prankster Mon.
T-Wave or Toxic to support your team even more with status.
Fake Tears and Charm may look weired but can be usefull if you are going to bringt in someone to set up, Taunt is also a good choice to keep away status and hazards, Encore to stop or prefent Mon's setting up on your face and looking them into a "useless" move so that you have a free turn to set up or something else... Dark Pulse if you fear being taunted on a switch in or Taunt to do not become set up fodder. U-Turn to scout, deal a little damage and momentum.

*Iron Tricker*

Liepard (F) @ Iron Ball
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This Liepard prankster trick's an Iron Ball to a faster opponent, cutting its speed into half and making him less of a problem.
After the Iron Ball is tricked away you are free to attack.
Dark Pulse + HP Fighting hit's allmost everything for neutral damage. Grass Knot hits heavy and bulky waters, ground's and rock's hard.

That's it for now.
If you have any suggestions please leave them below this post!

Now feel free to discuss (:

In my opinion, Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Hidden Power Fighting / Encore Liepard is the only Liepard worth using, and even that isn't very good. This set allows Liepard to actually be some kind of threat. +2 Life Orb Liepard is still, unfortunately, not that powerful though. It's not the best supporting Pokemon because it has an extremely hard time switching in with its atrocious defenses and it can't take any hit at all. I'd rather have other Pokemon supporting my team, despite most other Pokemon not having the insane Speed + Prankster that Liepard has. Also, "annoyer" sets on most anything are gimmicky and rely on some kind of luck or incompetence of the other player to be effective. I guess they do have some merit, though.

Nice OP, by the way.

Yeah, the NP Liepard is in my experience the best set, although TW support can also be very useful. The only reliable way to get Liepard to set up, though, is to Memento something weak before switching it in, and even then, priority owns it.

Additionally, U-Turn is a B2/W2 TM Move addition for Liepard.

In my opinion, Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Hidden Power Fighting / Encore Liepard is the only Liepard worth using, and even that isn't very good. This set allows Liepard to actually be some kind of threat. +2 Life Orb Liepard is still, unfortunately, not that powerful though. It's not the best supporting Pokemon because it has an extremely hard time switching in with its atrocious defenses and it can't take any hit at all. I'd rather have other Pokemon supporting my team, despite most other Pokemon not having the insane Speed + Prankster that Liepard has. Also, "annoyer" sets on most anything are gimmicky and rely on some kind of luck or incompetence of the other player to be effective. I guess they do have some merit, though.

Nice OP, by the way.
Yeah, the NP Liepard is in my experience the best set, although TW support can also be very useful. The only reliable way to get Liepard to set up, though, is to Memento something weak before switching it in, and even then, priority owns it.
First of all thank you for response! Both of you!!! (:
I have been using the *Standart Annoyer* quiet alot with alot of success as well - used it even often in UU. Specialy special attacks suffered alot when facing Liepard behind a sub.

The *Weather Summoner* did worked out nice as well, cuz priority weather is allways nice to have on a weather based team.

The *Iron Tricker* I did not used that much but when using it, no one saw Trick + Iron Ball comming.

This is a nice set I tried.

Liepard@ focus sash
Ability Prankster
Evs 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Nature: Jolly
Shadow Claw
Psych Up
Sucker Punch
Seed Bomb

It is a very surprising set that catches people off guard. If absol used swords dance you could psych up and get the same boost, and then knock it out with seed bomb.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a nice set I tried.

Liepard@ focus sash
Ability Prankster
Evs 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Nature: Jolly
Shadow Claw
Psych Up
Sucker Punch
Seed Bomb

It is a very surprising set that catches people off guard. If absol used swords dance you could psych up and get the same boost, and then knock it out with seed bomb. When your sash breaks your speed boosts so you get even faster.
How does having your Focus Sash broken raise your speed? In any case, Psych Up seems to be a touch gimmicky, since you basically have to rely on your opponent setting up on your, and the set up would have to be physically based (Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Coil, Curse being the main ones). Without any boosts, Liepard's offensive power is rather pitiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)