#Neverused Teambats - Mark 2!

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks to Keiran for the sexy new teambat banner!
So a while ago we'd do these fun events called teambats fairly regularly, but over time they died out. However, we're going to be reviving them again now!

In a teambat you are assigned to one team with various other competitors, and together you create a team based on specific restrictions given to you in a specified amount of time (usually 20-30 minutes). Some restrictions may be for both teams (such as no using any of the top 10 Pokemon in x month's usage stats) and some may be for only one team(such as Pokemon assignments: for example, Team 1 have to build a team using Cinccino while Team 2 have to build a team using Swoobat). After both teams are built, the teams battle each other, discussing the moves that they make on irc!

Signs ups for the teambats will be in the#neverused IRC channel on synirc, and the battling part on Pokemon Showdown. After everyone has been allocated to one of the two teams, #team1 and #team2 will each be used by one of the teams for discussing the teambuilding and moves to make in the battle. For the battle, one member is chosen by their team to battle for their team; however this person should be consulting with his/her teammates for most if not all of the moves made. It can be very stressful during these teambats as you have a limited amount of time and your teammates may not be the most reliable, but that's part of the fun!

Come on down to the #neverused channel if you're interested in participating in these teambats! Teambats have a regular schedule to keep them going, but they are also held at impromptu times by one of the teambat hosts.
  • Saturday 4 PM EST
  • Sunday 1 PM EST
  • Wednesday 8 PM EST
  • Friday 10 PM EST

shnen
DTC
Keiran
Cherub Agent
Full2Half
cbb

Teambat #1
Date: July 28
Host: Keiran
Theme: these Pokemon were allowed to be used: Crustle, Klingklang, Hariyama, Medicham, Scolipede, Druddigon (these were the six closest Pokemon to the NU border from the June RU stats).

Team 1: cbb, Full2Half, AlexArthur. Their team
Team 2: FLCL, MMF, Demist. Their team

Replay:
[replay]http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-FLCL-vs-alguem-quer-batalhar--2012-07-28[/replay]

Winner: Team 1

Teambat #2
Date: August 2
Host: Full2Half
Theme: Each team were assigned two Pokemon and 3 of their Pokemon had to have Choice items. Team 1 were assigned Swalot and Wailord, while Team 2 were assigned Exploud and Gabite.

Team 1: Zebraiken, MMF, HotnCold. Their team
Team 2: cbb, FLCL, Demist. Their team

Replay:
[replay]http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Zebraiken-vs-euhuehuehue-exploud--2012-08-01-private1820306956[/replay]

Teambat #3
Date: August 3
Host: Cherub Agent
Theme: Pokemon may only use moves coming from their lower attacking stat. If a Pokemon has a difference of ten or lower between their Attack and their Special Attack, then that Pokemon is banned.

Team 1: FLCL, Annoyer. Their team
Team 2: cbb, FLCL, Demist. Their team

Replay: None
Cherub Agent said:
Comments: I'm quite happy with this one. team1 used a heavy stall team, whereas team2 used an offensive team with two Shell Smashers. Both had entry hazard support. What I especially liked was that both teams didn't end up with the same Pokemon (something I didn't expect), apart from Exeggutor, but hose were different sets anyway. The match itslef was slow paced, with both Exeggutors utterly walling eachother (teamabts aren't normally slow paced), although Synthesis's low PP meant that the Harvest Exeggutor set came out on top. The fact that team1 got Toxic Spikes up really determined the fate of the battle however, as none of team2's memebrs were immune to it. So congratulations to FLCL and Annoyer for immediately capitalizing on the fact that Stall would probably end up as the best playstyle for this theme! And kudos to EBeast and Full2Half for using double Shell Smash with physical Gorebyss and Special Carracosta. Shame it didn't get a chance to work though. Oh yeah and Specs Torterra kicks butt.
Teambat #4
Date: August 4
Host: Full2Half
Theme: Only Pokemon below the top 100 in usage stats could be usedl.

Team 1: Team 1: Ice-Eyes, Annoyer, Yonko7, MMF. Their team
Team 2: FLCL, Zebraiken, DTC, Reptile. Their team

Replay:
none

Winner: Team 2

cbb: 1 point
DTC: 1 point
The Reptile: 1 point
Full2Half: 1 point
AlexArthur: 1 point
Zebraiken: 2 point
MMF: 1 point
HotNCold: 1 point
FLCL: 2 point
Annoyer: 1 point

So I hosted a teambat earlier. The theme was that these Pokemon were allowed to be used: Crustle, Klingklang, Hariyama, Medicham, Scolipede, Druddigon (these were the six closest Pokemon to the NU border from the June RU stats).

Team 1: cbb, Full2Half, AlexArthur. Team
Team 2: FLCL, MMF, Demist. Team

[replay]http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-FLCL-vs-alguem-quer-batalhar--2012-07-28[/replay]

Ah, this was a good one. GG team 2, but you were a bit weak to SD rott and the almighty crustap. This basically proved that SD rott is king, hazards rule, and that tangela still gets ohkoed the the powerful timid scarf zebra.

May I be the first to say:

FUCK YEAH TEAMBATS ARE BACK!!!!!1!!

In all seriousness though, I'm happy to see that this is being brought back. Our better players aren't actually on the PS ladder enough for me to accurately gauge me skill level against them, and with this, not only do I have a higher chance of getting to play against users like FLCL, MMF, cbb, etc., but I also get the opportunity to possibly team up with them as well!

Also

Lol, NUlympics is never getting released.

Ok, so I hosted the second teambat and it went pretty well. We had it on PO2 because i didnt really trust PS and I wanted to keep the logs. The rules were that I assigned 2 F2H tier mons to both teams and they had to use all 3 choice items on their team somewhere.

Team 1: Zebraiken, MMF, and HotNCold. They were assigned swalot and wailord.

Team 2: CBB, FLCL, and Dmist. They were assigned Exploud and Gabite.

[replay]http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Zebraiken-vs-euhuehuehue-exploud--2012-08-01-private1820306956[/replay]

With a bit of hax at the end, Team 1's Trick Room team wins.

Team 1: http://pastebin.com/en1g9Bc1

Team 2: http://pastebin.com/6cn5MFp9

Leaderboard:

cbb: 1 point
Full2Half: 1 point
AlexArthur: 1 point
Zebraiken: 1 point
MMF: 1 point
HotNCold: 1 point

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
our teambuilding was "lets see if they can guess which bad mons we were given" :(

So, a teambat was just hosted by yours truly.

Theme: Pokemon may only use moves coming from their lower attacking stat. If a Pokemon has a difference of ten or lower between their Attack and their Special Attack, then that Pokemon is banned.

Replay: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~pokeserver.wpeye.net:2052/battle-nu317

Teams: #team1 : FLCL / Annoyer | #team2 : Full2Half / EBeast
Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 96 Spd / 160 Def / 252 HP
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Leech Seed

Garbodor @ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Spd / 240 Def
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 244 Def / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish

Flareon @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Protect
team1
Dwebble @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Zebstrika @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Nature Power
- Sunny Day

Torterra @ Choice Specs
Trait: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

MANLY AS FUCK (Carracosta) @ White Herb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
team2

Comments: I'm quite happy with this one. team1 used a heavy stall team, whereas team2 used an offensive team with two Shell Smashers. Both had entry hazard support. What I especially liked was that both teams didn't end up with the same Pokemon (something I didn't expect), apart from Exeggutor, but hose were different sets anyway. The match itslef was slow paced, with both Exeggutors utterly walling eachother (teamabts aren't normally slow paced), although Synthesis's low PP meant that the Harvest Exeggutor set came out on top. The fact that team1 got Toxic Spikes up really determined the fate of the battle however, as none of team2's memebrs were immune to it. So congratulations to FLCL and Annoyer for immediately capitalizing on the fact that Stall would probably end up as the best playstyle for this theme! And kudos to EBeast and Full2Half for using double Shell Smash with physical Gorebyss and Special Carracosta. Shame it didn't get a chance to work though. Oh yeah and Specs Torterra kicks butt.

FUCKING... STALL...

GG anyways, although stall is for n00bz. It all started when we had 7 minutes to teambuild and didnt think about putting in something for eggy or toxic spikes...

Also, physical gorebyss shits on all the bitches

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
The original draft of our team was Zebstrika / Emboar / Alomomola / Lickilicky / Exeggutor / Filler with mostly offensive sets. Then Annoyer suggested Garbodor, and I got the idea of abusing Harvest Exeggutor with Toxic Spikes, and it slowly developed into a stall team. Kudos to Annoyer to suggesting Garbodor! (I would've never though of that because I hate Garbodor)

Man, the turns in this game went by so slow. Nonetheless, it was a good game. The requirements for each pokemon required a lot of help from pstats, and we found some "loopholes" such as Seismic Toss Lickilicky and no attacks Bastiodon. After we finished teambuilding, we realized the only spinner that could actually have Rapid Spin is motherfuckin' STARYU. There was a close call near the end because we gave Alomomola Knock Off before the match started, but FLCL was smart enough to realize this and change it to Toxic. I was reluctant about talking about Garbodor in the chat because I know FLCL hates it but it worked out in the end. Oh yeah, props to team2 for using Specs Torterra. :)

It was midnight and we were bored so I hosted another teambat. Dispite the worst internet problems known to man, i am getting this through <.<

anyways, surprisingly good turnout here, only rule was that you had to use pokes under the top 100 for your team.

Team 1: Ice Eyes, Annoyer, Yonko7, MMF
http://pastebin.com/WU8KSDMS

Team 2: FLCL, Zebraiken, DTC, Reptile (Blame RNG)
http://pastebin.com/19VQ9etM

The Replay: (Thanks to The Reptile for provinding the pastebin)
http://pastebin.com/NgjgFq2E

No point in really reading it, as Team 2 Completely ROFLstomps team 1 with bulk up vigoroth.

Winner: team 2

In the end, this shows that klang is weak and vigoroth is the new lord of NU. :)

Ban Vigoroth

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guys you can't link PS battles as replays, they disappear after 15 minutes of no one being in the battle so try to copy paste the log into pastebin
oh and try to follow the format for recorded teambats in the OP
updating this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)