The Most Dominant Pokemon in RU

I have to second complete legitimacy on Tangrowth: it's definitely among the most dominant Pokemon in RU, and likely the absolute most dominant. Both of its offensive stats are superb, while its physical bulk is through the roof. Thanks to Regenerator, it can easily switch in and out throughout the battle. It functions marvelously on offensive, balanced, and stall teams, giving it outstanding versatility. With Sleep Powder, it can even cripple a potential counter on the switch.

Furthermore, its partner in crime, Slowking, can also succeed on offensive and defensive teams, allowing the duo to regenerate together effortlessly regardless of playstyle. Both of them even function well under Trick Room, which is a common condition in RU (Slowking can even set it up ^.^)

If your team lacks an answer to TanKing, or even just Tangrowth itself, it'll be almost impossible to succeed on the ladder. It's a truly devastating Pokemon, and I would argue it's the most dominant force in the tier.

Magmortar

Magmortar has been really good lately, and most teams are unprepared for it as they think that Slowking checks it. However, even defensive Slowking gets 2HKOed by Thunderbolt. It's also immune to sleep, so it's perfect when facing the TanKing core and makes a good check to Lilligant. I would consider this a dominant Pokemon because it's forcing me to run Lanturn instead of Slowking :< Magmortar is such a big threat, I expect its usage to skyrocket. What do you guys do to deal with it?

Well, now with the tier shifts and BW2, TanKing SUCKS. But why? I attribute this to Nidoqueen and Escavalier :3. Nidoqueen has very few counters, and even those such as Slowking and Cryogonal fear Thunderbolt and Fire Blast, respectively. Nidoqueen just hits so hard and has amazing coverage, almost nothing can switch in safely. It also has quite a bit of bulk and great typing, so it can take a hit or two even from a super effective hit. I've been trying stuff like Lickilicky and Gardevoir but taking up a whole team slot for one single Pokemon is absurd. I have to resort to using things like Mesprit and speedy Cryogonal to combat Nidoqueen. I think that right now, Nidoqueen is the most dominant Pokemon in the metagame. What other dominant Pokemon have risen due to BW2?

Zangoose is an up and coming threat, with its fair base 90 speed and 115 Attack boosted by Toxic Boost, it effectively has the power of a Choice Band while being able to switch between its moves. Add Swords Dance to the mix, as well as STAB Quick Attack, and you have one dangerous mon.

Zangoose is an up and coming threat, with its fair base 90 speed and 115 Attack boosted by Toxic Boost, it effectively has the power of a Choice Band while being able to switch between its moves. Add Swords Dance to the mix, as well as STAB Quick Attack, and you have one dangerous mon.
Zangoose is ridicolously frail, and he will have a hard time getting a Swords Dance up, and Ghosts will give him nightmares, even with Night Slash, because they will take a hit and strike him back...

Still a powerful poke though.

Zangoose is ridicolously frail, and he will have a hard time getting a Swords Dance up, and Ghosts will give him nightmares, even with Night Slash, because they will take a hit and strike him back...

Still a powerful poke though.

Agreed; I was just listing what it could potentially do. 4 attacks Zangoose is the way to go:

Zangoose@Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpAtk)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~Facade
~Close Combat
~Shadow Claw/Night Slash
~Quick Attack

Zangoose's new DW ability nearly brought the NU metagame to its knees, with nothing save for a few obscure, rarely used mons being able to take more than 2 hits from it. With Toxic Boost, Zangoose gains an attack power of a Choice Band without being locked into a single move; not to mention it also protects it from burns. STAB Facade deals incredible damage to anything that doesn't resist it, Close Combat deals with Rocks and Steels that attempt to wall it, and Shadow Claw or Night Slash severely damages Ghost types, giving Zangoose perfect coverage. As if that wasn't it, Zangoose also gains a power STAB Quick Attack to finish off faster attackers than itself.

Unlike the NU tier, however, there's plenty that can wall Zangoose in RU: Defensive Crustle is only 3HKO'd by CC, even when switching into Stealth Rock; Spiritomb can tank a Night Slash/Shadow Claw or 2 and trap it with Pursuit or KO it with Sucker Punch; Confagrigus can also 3HKO'd by Night Slash and can take a good chunk of Zangoose's health with Pain Split; and Metang (lol@Molk) takes next to nothing from any of Zangoose's attacks and can KO with Meteor Mash.

The pokemon that has even more risen in dominancy is Moltres.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Nothing is safe for this beast. Even specially defensive Slwoking gets 2HKO'd by Hurricane after SR. Slowking will sstill be popular because of Hurricane having only 70% accuracy. The only hard counter to this is Lanturn. Its low speed ameks it vunerable to revenge killers though and pokemon like Sceptile all cary HP rock to ko Moltres. And don't forget the Sr weakness.

Also can escavalier counter sd gallade?

I can't believe only one other person thinks Nidoqueen is the most dominant poke in RU. It has excellent coverage moves, and every one of them is affected by Sheer Force. Smack a Life Orb on it and you have a machine. You don't receive Life Orb recoil because of Sheer Force, which I think is just awesome. It's also surprisingly bulky for such a hard hitter, which is why I think its the most dominant RU poke.

OP is correct, Spiritomb and Kabutops are probably the most dominant force in the metagame. That and Moltres, which is gaining popularity by the second.

I've noticed that Pokemon go in and out of fashion depending on each other. The Moltres spike I experienced about a week back was followed by a Lanturn spike around now, and when Sableye was running rampant, shortly after its introduction, there was a huge increase in Entei usage.

I almost never see Tangrowth and Slowking on the same team ("TanKing"? Is this RU's "SkarmBliss"?). You basically said that the only counter was Bouffalant, which I admit is underrated as it has one of the best abilities around. Personally I'd say don't use it, though, because it's practically the only thing which walls Amoonguss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)