Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Uh, only the gym leader. And it has to just start at that level. Since each pokemon only needs to face one pokemon, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Ziposaki, I already gave you 3 challenges, but is it okay if I withdraw my "Chemistry Nerd" challenge and replace it with something else? If you're wondering why, it's because shifting one's entire team around after every trainer battle severely violates the "no really tedious challenges" rule.

Thank you. Here you go:

Your character likes classical music, and she decides to only use Pokemon that have a +Speed nature. (This does not apply to HM Slaves.)

Just stopping by to check out this new hype! I think the challenges could use a little more soul though..

Okay, Smaug, I'll give you a simple challenge so you can move on with your story:

“In total darkness, where nothing is visible, HAUNTER lurks, silently stalking its next victim.”

Smaug, here’s your fourth leg challenge: Prove your ninja stalking skills and defeat Crasher Wake without using attacking moves at all.

The idea is that you’d go and catch the proper pokemon needed to set up your challenge. The No-Grass moves and STAB only restrictions should make this very interesting. You may also use stuff like Reflect, Torment and Growl if you get access to them. Reset is your friend.

Have Fun!

@Jimera0

You have challenged me earlier to use a pokemon that has never evolved to defeat Clay. Do I have to use a pokemon that must be able to evolve (e.g. Ducklett) or can I use a pokemon that hasn't evolved and isn't able to (e.g. Basculin)
Honestly I totally had forgotten about 1 stage evolutions (oops) but the spirit of the challenge is you use one that DOES evolve. However, since I screwed up you may abuse the loophole I left for you should you really wish to.

Well, it turns out I have more challenges then I thought, and as such am halfway there, but I seriously need more challenges. Details are in my signature. Also, I've already written up the prologue to my story; so as soon I get all my challenges I can post it. Also, don't expect anything spectacular from my story. It's probably going to be horrible and bad and cliche. But I'm writing so I can practice writing and have fun updating (which because of this will probably take much longer), so CC would still be nice.

Okay, I'd like to give Jimera0 a quick challenge aswell. I'm aware that you're not even at the E-4 yet, but I'd like to give one in advance for your Kanto journey. Feel free to accept or decline it; I am jumping the gun after all..

Dear Jimera0,

It seems to me that with a prepped team this Gauntlet is going along way to comfertable. Kanto is way more fun with new untrained pokemon, so you'll have to ditch some of your old team members. You see, professor Oak has been very displeased with your pokedex progress so far. You haven’t shown him a goddamned thing and now he’s starting to wonder why he hired you to tour Johto in the first place. The old scrooge decides to take one pokemon back to his lab for further study. Throw a dice and place that pokemon in a box before entering the boat.

Yeah, time to get some new pokemon and what better place to do so than the safari zone! Actually, lets make this entire sub-challenge about the Safari. You know, just catching one pokemon isn't going to cut it. After each Kanto gym, you'll travel back to the Safari zone to catch yourself a new pokemon. This pokemon will be your team-member until the next gym and you'll be expected to grind it a little. It must solo a gym trainer as a token of your supreme pokemon trainer skill and participate in the actual gymfight whenever possible. I'm also throwing the "no pokemon can share a weakness" thing overboard on this one. No. The pokemon's typing is regarded "SAFARI" and that is weak to nothing! *sighs* Just, think of one team-slot as your special “safari-mon slot”.

But I guess you requested a hard challenge. So to top things off you’ll have to solo Blue with a team of six safari-mon to complete this gauntlet. As long as you try to use your wits and catch the very best pokemon there should be little need for serious grinding! In fact I'd be very dissappointed if your pokemon were above level 50 for this one.

And so, finally, you’re doing what every trainer is supposed to be doing: Catching them all. Playing pokemon like a boss. And I’ll tell you what, If you manage to catch every goddamned safari-zone pokemon and show them to the prof, you can have your boxed pokemon back from the storage!

I wish you loads of Gauntlet/Safari fun!

Love and Peace,

Sage Chow.

Okay, Zipozaki will get a challenge too, let me research it a little bit!

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly I totally had forgotten about 1 stage evolutions (oops) but the spirit of the challenge is you use one that DOES evolve. However, since I screwed up you may abuse the loophole I left for you should you really wish to.
Okay, I don't want to abuse the loophole. A Basculin would be too easy against Clay. A Ducklett (which is my only option without abusing the loophole) would be much harder, especially considering Excadrill's Rock Slide, which proved fatal to my Ducklett in my Black Nuzlocke run.

Uh, only the gym leader. And it has to just start at that level. Since each pokemon only needs to face one pokemon, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Could I have one mon that starts the battle at level 27 fight both Quagsire and Gyarados?

Well I guess I should do a Gauntlet because I love self-imposed challenges, especially when they're not self-imposed!

-Pokemon Sapphire (totally not RNG)
-Medium
-No challenge restrictions.
-Challenges may be given at any point during the playthrough, though I prefer you give it to me at the beginning.

Wish me luck!

Challenges and stuff:

Jimera0 said:
@Human Destroyer

You are challenged to choose a Pokemon you actually use in battle to box after every gym, and replace that Pokemon with a Pokemon from one of the routes adjoining the city of the gym you just beat. The boxed Pokemon cannot be used for anything other than HMs for the rest of the game, and cannot be some random piece of shit you catch just to box. It must be a Pokemon you actually USED.
Professor Science said:
Human Destroyer, you must not use any items you obtain by finding or Pickup. You can only use items that are given to you or you buy yourself- all other items must be trashed. This includes TMs and berries, but not Key Items or other plot-important items. Good luck!
Level 51 said:
Human Destroyer, you must win all 5 Master Rank Contests before you fight the Elite Four.
Corkscrew said:
@Human Destroyer, you may not heal your pokemon once entering a gym until after you defeat the gym leader. (This includes Pokemon centres and items.)
King Serperior said:
Human Destroyer, here's a "break even" one for you!!

After each major battle, release a pokemon in your PC for each pokemon that major trainer had.

Ex: Wattson has 4 pokemon. After you beat him, four pokemon in your PC should be released.

@Sage Chow

Alright I had to read through that carefully and think carefully about how that challenge interacts with the ones I've already been given. I think you missed the bit about being only able to catch one Pokemon of each primary type, which makes the final stipulation impossible (which I won't be doing anyway because the Johto Safari Zone works MUCH differently than other Safari zones and would take weeks to complete).

I think the way this'll work is that the Safari Pokemon ignore all previous Pokemon obtaining and usage restrictions (Basically, just Articblast's and Demo gorgon's challenges). However I can only ever have one of them in use at a time (switching only after each gym), to prevent me from flooding my team with restriction-less Pokemon (not that I would but anyway). The exception for this is for the battle with Blue, and any grinding time required to prepare them for Blue.

At first I thought you were having me slowly replace my team 1 Pokemon at a time but rereading it made me realize that's not what you meant XD and that's good because otherwise it'd conflict with my team building restrictions too much. As such, I will accept your terrifically crafted challenge!

@Human Destroyer

You are challenged to choose a Pokemon you actually use in battle to box after every gym, and replace that Pokemon with a Pokemon from one of the routes adjoining the city of the gym you just beat. The boxed Pokemon cannot be used for anything other than HMs for the rest of the game, and cannot be some random piece of shit you catch just to box. It must be a Pokemon you actually USED.

Yes this is somewhat inspired by Sage Chow's challenge, I couldn't resist since it was such a good idea.

Ok, know what? I'm not going to wait for my last challenge, I'm pretty happy with the ones I already have. I'll start my Gauntlet in a couple of days, probably. Wish me luck!

Human Destroyer, you must not use any items you obtain by finding or Pickup. You can only use items that are given to you or you buy yourself- all other items must be trashed. This includes TMs and berries, but not Key Items or other plot-important items. Good luck!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Human Destroyer, you must win all 5 Master Rank Contests before you fight the Elite Four.

Also, if you don't mind, Jimera, I'd like to bestow a challenge upon you for the latter half of your game.
After you beat the Elite Four, you may only have 1 Pokemon on your team at any point in time.
Yeah, it sucks but you did say "hard".
Or if that's too hard, make it 2 Pokemon. That should do it.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Human Destroyer, you may not heal your pokemon once entering a gym until after you defeat the gym leader. (This includes Pokemon centres and items.)

I think I'm going to wait for at least 2 more challenges before beginning my Gauntlet, and at that point I may decide to "lock" challenge submissions until I beat Roxanne, at which point I'll take a 2-day break to get more challenges.

Also, if you don't mind, Jimera, I'd like to bestow a challenge upon you for the latter half of your game.
After you beat the Elite Four, you may only have 1 Pokemon on your team at any point in time.
Yeah, it sucks but you did say "hard".
Or if that's too hard, make it 2 Pokemon. That should do it.
Yes that's too hard, ESPECIALLY combined with Sage Chow's challenge, as it'd mean you'd have me using only an untrained, potentially unevolved Pokemon 90% of the time. It contradicts the final aspect of his challenge too. Also, that's not the way I want to play the game, period.

And I'd prefer if everyone would actually wait to give me challenges for a while. There are plenty of other people in this thread who need challenges; give some to them already would you?

Ziposaki still needs more for instance, Human Destroyer needs a couple more and I'm pretty sure if you look back a page or two you'll find 1 or two more people still in need of challenges. And if you wait a few hours someone else is liable to post looking for more.

Just be patient alright?

EDIT: Added the next update after having beaten Jasmine. It wasn't really that hard since I chose not to solo her. Next chapter is going to be a lot longer and hopefully more interesting as well...

Human Destroyer, here's a "break even" one for you!!

After each major battle, release a pokemon in your PC for each pokemon that major trainer had.

Ex: Wattson has 4 pokemon. After you beat him, four pokemon in your PC should be released.

Hey guys, im playing pokemon yellow with no acess to trading what so ever. ;) give me a medium difficulty gauntlet pls. Thanks in advance, and great idea.

Yeah, Jimera's right, other people (like me) still need (for me, a lot) of challenges. I know how you people love torturing others, by I want to get started with my (probably horrible) story.

Also, Guthrie_Govan, how many challenges do you want? You need to specify before hand, or at least set a timeframe in which you will accept challenges.

Guthrie Govan, you are challenged to play through yellow without ever using any of the original starter Pokemon, because you're too cool to cheat with starters yo!

Guthrie_Govan, by the time you get to Indigo Plateau, your entire team (combined) must resist or be immune to at least 10 different types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)