Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Booming Blastoise, take Ash the Pikachu. This Pikachu idolizes Ash's Pikachu from the anime (and manga, even though it can't read), and dedicates itself to do the same things. As such:

Ash can only use moves Ash's Pikachu used in the anime or manga.
Ash must take out Brock's Geodude by itself.
Ash refuses to fight Misty.
Ash must solo Lt. Surge.
Ash must finish off (not necessarily solo) Lance's Dragonite. Yes, I know Ash never fought Lance in the anime, but he fought Drake instead, and Lance is the closest to him.
Have fun! If this is too easy or too hard, or if there's something else you'd like changed, don't hesitate to say it.

Thundershock
Tail Whip (The reason why I'm allowing this is because while Ash's Pikachu never used this, it technically used Leer which is essentially the same thing)
Quick Attack
Thunderbolt
Agility
Thunder
Swift (Used in the manga)
Double-Edge

Naix, your Pikachu has been accepted.

My Yellow team so far:

From Naix: Booming Blastoise, take Ash the Pikachu. This Pikachu idolizes Ash's Pikachu from the anime (and manga, even though it can't read), and dedicates itself to do the same things. As such:

Ash can only use moves Ash's Pikachu used in the anime or manga.
Ash must take out Brock's Geodude by itself.
Ash refuses to fight Misty.
Ash must solo Lt. Surge.
Ash must finish off (not necessarily solo) Lance's Dragonite. Yes, I know Ash never fought Lance in the anime, but he fought Drake instead, and Lance is the closest to him.

Update 2 after Bugsy
Team:
Webmaster

level 19
Poison Sting
Leech Life
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

Since Webmaster has to solo all Bug types I had to solo the entire gym including Bugsy. In all not too bad as Night Shade combined with poison quickly wore down his Scyther who was the only real threat and Shadow Sneak is good priority especially for when I have to solo Morty's Gengar. Still love using Webmaster even though he is lacking a bit in power at the moment and cannot wait until he learns some more powerful moves to show off that above average attack stat.

NUMB3RS

level 18
Bullet Seed
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

NUMB3RS has a nearly perfect movepool but has an almost non existent offense even with STAB and Miracle Seed. However it does have a Calm nature so once it learns a special move it should do much better. Basic strategy is to poison enemies who can't deal much damage and put stronger ones to sleep before they can hit. Solid defenses, recovery and amazing speed make this thing very fun to use as well. Currently training it to 5 levels above Webmaster since is the only "restriction" if you can even call it that.

Update 3 after Whitney
Team:
Webmaster

level 21
Poison Sting
Leech Life
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

Not much to say here. Webmaster didn't get much action besides soloing Goldenrod Underground. Night Shade is still amazing combined with both Poison and Priority moves.

NUMB3RS

level 19
Bullet Seed
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

Similar to Webmaster, NUMB3RS didn't see much use due to training my newest member who also has a restriction in which it can't be the lowest level team member. He did a great job of poisoning Whitney's Miltank and stalling it a bit. I will get him to 5 levels higher then my teamates as soon as possible.

Precise

level 17
Scratch
Tickle
Sand-Attack
Baton Pass

Ironically I got Precise with a Careful nature and thus far I have loved him. Nice STAB attack and a move that basically combines Growl and Tail Whip are a deadly combination. I also got Run Away as an ability so that means it will turn into Technician upon evolution which fits in great with its restrictions. This thing will be a monster later on in the game.

Emerald scramble run, medium difficulty.
1. No trading
2. One pokemon must be starter
3. 6 pokemon
4. Must have atleast 2 pokemon before 2nd gym and 4 before 6th gym
5. Must be able to evolve my pokemon fully (except for trading evolutions)
6. Must be able to learn all HM's (except flash because don't care about flash) with party
7. Maximum 2 same type pokemon
8. You can give 1-2 moves for each pokemon's moveset, no other restrictions
9. No legendaries
10. No level restrictions or requirements for evolutions
11. No soloing requirements
Party so far
1. Judodo the torchic
2. Ralts
3. Reserved for Level51
4. Seabound the wingull
2 more and I'm set, one needs to be able to learn dive an waterfall

reserving for TheNeeklause
Take Sadness the Tentacool
Sadness is perma-depressed because it has lived by Mt. Pyre its whole life, so you must catch Sadness on the route of Mt Pyre.
Sadness hates being a Poison type, so it refuses to learn any Poison moves.
Sadness must be your hight level pokemon at all times.
Sadness must solo Tate and Liza to evolve.
EDIT: Sorry Nevermind i withdraw challenge

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Dammit, and I was trying to give an LVP again.
Okay, take Lucky the Crawdaunt.

Just a few restrictions:
- Lucky must learn Guillotine before it reaches Victory Road and use it to kill at least 5 Pokemon during Victory Road (bye Ethers XD).
- Lucky must hit at least 30 times with a move below 85% accuracy before it can evolve.
- Yeah, I chose Lucky for Dive and Waterfall, there you go.

GL; HF!

@13laze13oy
Someone didn't read their challange carefully enough...
Double Hit has a BP of 35. Precise can only use moves of BP ranging from 40-90. This means, you can't learn Double Hit, and as a result, can't evolve. Thought you realized, but apparently not. Glad I could clear that up before you did something bad!

Furret, take Struggle the ____. I don't care what Pokemon it is. It cannot evolve until it soloes a Gym Leader/Rival/E4 member with only Struggle (I.e. start the battle with 0 PP). You may use up to 2 healing items during this battle.

Yes, creativity is lacking. So what? I don't need creativity to make someone's challenge difficult. :P

@13laze13oy
Someone didn't read their challange carefully enough...
Double Hit has a BP of 35. Precise can only use moves of BP ranging from 40-90. This means, you can't learn Double Hit, and as a result, can't evolve. Thought you realized, but apparently not. Glad I could clear that up before you did something bad!
Well considering Double Hit always hits twice it would have 70 BP which is why I thought that. You could have just added that as a side note it couldn't evolve but thankfully you cleared that up lol.

Update 4 after Morty
Team:
Webmaster

level 27
Sucker Punch
Leech Life
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

I thought the solo would be simple at first but with Webmasters terrible special defense and Gengar's monstrous special attack he had trouble dealing enough damage beat it. However, at level 26 he learned Sucker Punch which was an easy 2hko even with Gengar having a Sitrus Berry. He also grew a level in the battle so he evolved right afterwards and it is also why NUMB3RS is only 4 levels higher at the moment along with Precise being one level lower.

NUMB3RS

level 31
Mega Drain
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed

NUMB3RS is really a gift and a curse. His simple restriction of being 5 levels higher then my other pokes is agitating considering his exp. gain rate is medium slow while both Precise and Webmasters are fast. This means that ever time they go up even a level or two it causes me to have to grind a little to get him back to 5 levels higher. However with his combination of Poison Powder and Leech Seed he easily wears down opponents. Plus he finally learned Mega Drain which deals some good damage.

Precise

level 26
Scratch
Tickle
Shadow Claw
Swift

Precise is a great powerhouse. Though I'm a bit sad since I found out I can't evolve him he still can hit hard thanks to Tickle and decent attack. Shadow Claw tore through Morty's Gym though its high crit. hit rate may be a problem later on. He has to solo Chuck next which will definitely be a nightmare. Oh well.

1. No trading
3. 6 pokemon
6. Must be able to learn all HM's (except flash because don't care about flash) with party
9. No legendaries
Party so far

1. Judodo the torchic
2. Ralts
3. Lucky the crawdaunt
4. Seabound the wingull
2 more and I'm set

Furret, take Struggle the ____. I don't care what Pokemon it is. It cannot evolve until it soloes a Gym Leader/Rival/E4 member with only Struggle (I.e. start the battle with 0 PP). You may use up to 2 healing items during this battle.

Yes, creativity is lacking. So what? I don't need creativity to make someone's challenge difficult. :P
My original post said no Struggling challenges (I have to admit,though, it's pretty far back.) So, challenge not accepted.

1. No trading
3. 6 pokemon
9. No legendaries
Party so far

1. Judodo the torchic
2. Ralts
3. Lucky the crawdaunt
4. Seabound the wingull
2 more and I'm set
Take Moneyz the Zigzagoon. Moneyz is in the mindset that you are extremely poor and won't take no for an answer!! As such, sell all items that Moneyz gets via pickup!!. Seeing as Pickup is useless while holding an item, moneyz cannot hold any item!!

Keep track of the cash that you get from selling Moneyz items because you can only use that go pay for 2 TMs that Moneyz cam learn from the game corner.

After teaching those two TMs, Moneyz can evolve. After evolution, in any major battle, even the ones that you have to solo with another mon, you must have Moneyz the Linoone appear while holding the Amulet Coin. He doesn't have to battle, but he has to appear.

This is the only time that moneyz can hold an item. GOOD LUCK!!!

Neeklause, you wanted something that can learn Dive and Waterfall, right?

Catch yourself a Lotad and name him Flip.
Each time you gain a gym badge, flip a coin.

If heads, Flip decides to focus on his Water-typing.
He cannot use Grass-type moves in battle until you receive the next gym badge.
In addition, he tries to mimic the relentless force of Water itself.
He cannot switch out of battle.

If tails, Flip decides to focus on his Grass-typing.
He cannot use Water-type moves in battle until you receive the next gym badge.
In addition, he tries to mimic the gentleness of Nature itself.
He cannot directly attack on the first turn he is sent out.

Remember to keep flipping that coin!

He must solo one trainer in every gym after you catch him.
He must solo two Pokemon in the Elite Four.

My original post said no Struggling challenges (I have to admit,though, it's pretty far back.) So, challenge not accepted.
Fine. Then take Resolute the ____. It can be any pokemon. It is focused on mastering one technique and only one technique. Teach Resolute a TM. S/he can only use that one TM move in battle. It's other slots may not be used in battle, but may be used to hold HM moves and such.

Resolute must solo 2 gym leaders.

Fine. Then take Resolute the ____. It can be any pokemon. It is focused on mastering one technique and only one technique. Teach Resolute a TM. S/he can only use that one TM move in battle. It's other slots may not be used in battle, but may be used to hold HM moves and such.

Resolute must solo 2 gym leaders.
Challenge accepted!

I'll start now.
My Challenges:
Hard the Squirtle:takes all Iron/Zinc,no taking hits for teammates, Skull Bash, Withdraw,solo Brock and Lorelei, can't switch.
Depends on how long I take to solo Brock:(I'll probably use Withdraw and Tail Whip to stall.)
Very Hard the Caterpie: Solos a Gym Leader each for each evolution.
(I Forgot It's Name) the Snorlax: Use moves in this order: Yawn, Rest, Sleep Talk.
Tired the Abra: can't evolve, 3 turns in battle, no hold items, and solos Agatha's Haunter and 2 Gengar.(Thanks, Naix!)
And Finally, the post I quoted.

@Furret162

Tired's other restrictions are that it can't hold items and that it has to solo Agatha's Haunter and 2 Gengar.

Challenge accepted!

I'll start now.
My Challenges:
Hard the Squirtle:takes all Iron/Zinc,no taking hits for teammates, Skull Bash, Withdraw,solo Brock and Lorelei.
Depends on how long I take to solo Brock:(I'll probably use Withdraw and Tail Whip to stall.)
Very Hard the Caterpie: Solos a Gym Leader each for each evolution.
(I Forgot It's Name) the Snorlax: Use moves in this order: Yawn, Rest, Sleep Talk.
Tired the Abra: can't evolve, 3 turns in battle, no hold items, and solos Agatha's Haunter and 2 Gengar.(Thanks, Naix!)
And Finally, the post I quoted.
Hey, it seems you forget to put in the Hard cannot switch out of battle. So if hard is currently battling, you cannot switch to another Pokemon.

I just beat Brock within the restrictions. Took a video, but I can't post attachments yet. It was about 22-24 turns.

The Team

Hard the Wartortle Lvl 16
MVP, of course.
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Water Gun
-Tail Whip

Very Hard the Caterpie Lvl 6. LVP.
-Tackle
-String Shot

Ok guys, so i'm gona be playing pokemon Silver, Medium difficulty with no acess to trades. Actually, i don't mind being hard ones, i just can't stand too much grinding ( ex: solo falkner with a caterpie).

Booming Blastoise, here is one: BlindRat, the Zubat. The only damaging move it or it's evolutions can have is leech life, and you must always beat at least 1 pokemon with him 1 on 1, on every Pokemon Trainer/Gym Leader/Rival encounter. This rule does not apply at the E4

Hey guys Part #3 of my Scramble is up.
The audio is REALLY REALLY OFF for the first 3-5 minutes. I made a crucial error while recording but I saved the game so I couldn't go back and redo it. Nothing to eventful happens in the first 5 minutes anyway.

Part #3
Part #2
Part #1

Is anybody watching these?

Booming Blastoise, in keeping with the anime theme, take a Butterfree named "BeFree". You can only teach it the following four moves, which will be its moveset for the entire time you have it*:

Tackle
Harden
Whirlwind
Stun Spore

It must solo Misty's Starmie with as much of this moveset as it has at the time; any other moves cannot be used.

*I say "as long as you have it" because, yes, you will complete the similarity between the game and the anime by releasing BeFree just before Saffron Gym. In honor of BeFree, you'll keep the spot it used to occupy open, never replacing it on your team.

If you find you can't bear to send BeFree away, then you must immediately change its nickname to "Trapped" and you can no longer use the same move twice in a row. In addition, it must remain in your party at all times and cannot appear in battle until all of your other Pokemon have appeared at least once. At this point it may learn Psybeam, but can only use it once per battle (Psychic is banned at all points).

Good luck, and choose wisely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)