Pokéstar/Pokéwood Studios Discussion

Anyone remember Pokemon Contests? Those things where you force your poor Pokemon to ridicule themselves on stage in silly outfits as they dance? What about Pokemon Musicals? Anyone seriously enjoyed that? No? Good.

The upcoming Movies coming up in B2W2 seem like a really interesting change of pace, especially due to how it's reminiscent of the Battle Sims from Pokemon XD in that they're puzzling scenarios rather than straight up battles. In addition, the studio features new "Non-Mons". To list the new non-mons, we have:

(All with entirely 100 base stat spreads)

Brycenman
Type: Dark/Psychic
Ability: Levitate
Movepool
Ice Beam
Night Shade
Psychic
U-turn

UFO (Set U1)
Type: Flying/Electric
Movepool
Bubblebeam
Counter
Recover
Signal Beam

UFO (Set U2)
Type: Psychic/Electric
Movepool
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam

Tyranitar Mech (Set M1)
Type: Steel
Ability: Analytic
Movepool
Earthquake
Iron Head
Spark
Surf

Tyranitar Mech (Set M2)
Type: Steel/Electric
Ability: Flash Fire
Movepool
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Metal Burst
Thunderbolt

Time Machine
Type: Steel
Ability: Motor Drive
Movepool
Clear Smog
Discharge
Flame Burst
Icicle Crash
Overheat
Signal Beam

BlackBelt
Type: Fighting
Ability: Huge Power
Movepool
Focus Punch
Hammer Arm
Jump Kick
Mach Punch
Taunt

Black Door
Type: Grass
Ability: Early Bird
Movepool
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Counter
Flame Charge
Ingrain
Lucky Chant
Rest
Toxic

White Door
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Movepool
Baton Pass
Inferno
Mirror Coat
Toxic

Monica
Type: Normal
Ability: Huge Power
Movepool
Crush Grip
Doubleslap
Focus Punch
Growl
Rage
Stomp
Teeter Dance

Doll
Type: Normal
Ability: Insomnia
Movepool
Acid
Dark Pulse
Double-Edge
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Rock Slide
Scratch
Shadow Claw
Slash
Thunderpunch

Monster
Type: Dark
Ability: Pressure
Movepool
Dark Pulse
Psychic

F-00
Type: Steel/Normal
Ability: Volt Absorb
Movepool
Chatter
Defense Curl
Head Smash
Flail
Growl
Hammer Arm
Headbutt
Iron Head
Needle Arm
Perish Song
Rage
Teeter Dance

Rogue F-00
Type: Steel/Normal
Ability: Reckless
Movepool
Flare Blitz
Iron Head
Psychic
Wild Charge

Demon
Type: Dark/Ghost
Ability: Wonder Guard
Movepool
Crunch
Dual Chop
Slack Off
Swords Dance

The fact that Gamefreak is making non-mons like these is real interesting to me. It really shows they're trying to make Pokewood stand out amongst the other side activities found in Generation IV and V. Who knows, maybe we can expect story-driven non-mons in future main series titles?

EDIT: I found this video on Youtube showcasing every Non-mon in battle as well as their cries.

Yeah, honestly, I think I'm actually going to complete all the Pokestar movies. I don't think I've ever given a decent shot to any of the similar side quests since raising my Milotic in Sapphire.

Unlike the contests and musicals, I'd really like to see the movies come back in Gen 6.

Contests, dancing, jumping and musical are things I could care less for. The only thing about beauty that I cared for was evolving Feebas, and fortunately they've spared us that pain and given us a new way to do so.

The movies seem cool, they've got some genuine opponents in the non-mons and a pretty nifty reward with the new sparkle animation.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Ugh, the only reason I did the Contests/Musicals was for the trainer star, but I genuinely want to try this out. Seems not bad for once.
But really, Bubblebeam on U1? That totally makes sense.
The sparkle's pretty nifty as well I guess, gj gamefreak

Two things:

1) What is this "double headbutt" in F-00's movepool?

2) Demon looks amazing. WonderTomb with base 100 stats? Why can't I use him?

Two things:

1) What is this "double headbutt" in F-00's movepool?

2) Demon looks amazing. WonderTomb with base 100 stats? Why can't I use him?
1) According to Serebii.net, the second scene fighting F-00 apparently has it include "Double Headbutt" in its moveset. I've done some research, and apparently that was a move in the Pokemon TCG. Doesn't explain why it's there though. It's either a complete mistranslation on Serebii's part, or a brand new move exclusive to F-00. Probably the former, I guess.

2) Because then it will be obligated to follow a Pokestar contract, of which burdens it with the Slow Start ability instead of Wonder Guard due to many competitive battles conflicting with its schedule.

1) According to Serebii.net, the second scene fighting F-00 apparently has it include "Double Headbutt" in its moveset. I've done some research, and apparently that was a move in the Pokemon TCG. Doesn't explain why it's there though. It's either a complete mistranslation on Serebii's part, or a brand new move exclusive to F-00. Probably the former, I guess.
It might be Head Smash (Double-edged Headbutt) since it'd be weird for this one single Robot to have a unique move

Demon looks amazing. WonderTomb with base 100 stats? Why can't I use him?
It shouldn't be too hard to hack the game to use him; literally the only problem is that it has no Pokedex data, so hacking it as a wild Pokemon and catching it crashes the game. Editing it directly into the party should work, although I have no idea how.

It might be Head Smash (Double-edged Headbutt) since it'd be weird for this one single Robot to have a unique move
You know, that might be it actually. It wouldn't be out of the question for F-00 to know Head Smash. I'll fix the OP to list that instead.

Anyone else puzzled over how this thing uses Needle Arm and Defense Curl?

It shouldn't be too hard to hack the game to use him; literally the only problem is that it has no Pokedex data, so hacking it as a wild Pokemon and catching it crashes the game. Editing it directly into the party should work, although I have no idea how.
I think it's less about the Pokedex data and more about the fact that it has no back-sprite. I mean, unless I'm mistaken, the game will try to fill the back sprite with placeholder data, which can easily mean complete glitchmon graphics and... Yeah... That doesn't turn out well.

Technically the game doesn't even give them actual movesets. All the videos I've seen of them in the wild have only had struggle.
I guess Pokewood, specifically, fills out their battle moves based on the movie.

Technically the game doesn't even give them actual movesets. All the videos I've seen of them in the wild have only had struggle.
I guess Pokewood, specifically, fills out their battle moves based on the movie.
Actually, they all know pound. I have an Action Replay AND an imported White 2, so I know first-hand.

The problem is not the backsprites being non-existent, as it doesn't cause the game to crash when you choose it out, but rather the game turns anything with a number higher than 649 into an Egg that hatches into another Egg with each step. Take a step forward, turns into an egg. Look at its stats, turns into an egg. Use it in battle, turns it into an egg afterwards. So far the only ways to put them in your party is to edit them as your starter or as a fossil, as neither pull up the Pokedex. Someone on a hacking forum I go to made a code to stop the egg from hatching with each step, but no one has bothered making codes for the checks that make it an Egg in the first place. There are most likely even more checks besides the three I mentioned, so this shows that GameFreak has done everything possible to prevent you from using these Non-mons

It should be noted that if you place them into a PC without looking at their stats(With a pull-up-a-PC-anywhere code, as taking a step will turn them into an Egg), they'll stay in their unstable forms as long as you don't withdraw them. They're incompatible with TMs and Move Tutors, so outside of a move editing code, they only have Pound.

Also, Anything with the Imposter Ability of having Transform in their current moveset isn't allowed to participate in Pokewood. So you can't transform into them. As such, it's impossible without cheating to get a Ditto with the special shine.

If you want to, you can add any of this to the original post

Actually, they all know pound. I have an Action Replay AND an imported White 2, so I know first-hand.

The problem is not the backsprites being non-existent, as it doesn't cause the game to crash when you choose it out, but rather the game turns anything with a number higher than 649 into an Egg that hatches into another Egg with each step. Take a step forward, turns into an egg. Look at its stats, turns into an egg. Use it in battle, turns it into an egg afterwards. So far the only ways to put them in your party is to edit them as your starter or as a fossil, as neither pull up the Pokedex. Someone on a hacking forum I go to made a code to stop the egg from hatching with each step, but no one has bothered making codes for the checks that make it an Egg in the first place. There are most likely even more checks besides the three I mentioned, so this shows that GameFreak has done everything possible to prevent you from using these Non-mons

It should be noted that if you place them into a PC without looking at their stats(With a pull-up-a-PC-anywhere code, as taking a step will turn them into an Egg), they'll stay in their unstable forms as long as you don't withdraw them. They're incompatible with TMs and Move Tutors, so outside of a move editing code, they only have Pound.

Also, Anything with the Imposter Ability of having Transform in their current moveset isn't allowed to participate in Pokewood. So you can't transform into them. As such, it's impossible without cheating to get a Ditto with the special shine.

If you want to, you can add any of this to the original post
I had no idea that there were checks in place if you had the non-mons in your party. I've seen videos of people battling with them, but it was never mentioned that they would turn into an Egg afterwards.

Also interesting that Transform and Imposter are banned from Pokestar Studios. I figured Game Freak would need to do that if they were to use these non-mons there. But you can technically get a "legit" Ditto with the shine through the Japanese D/P Mimic glitch, by teaching it moves other than Transform.

This Pokèwood thing looks pretty interesting, to be honest. Brycen and Sabrina make appearances as villains, and the non-Mons look tough. :3 Out of all of these side games, I liked Pokèmon Contests in Hoenn the best. But Pokèwood actually looks fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)