Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

thank you sir. I shall try it out tonight.

*edit*
Just wanted to double check: does walking forward 1 step advance frame by 1, and turning also advance the turns by 1 too?
Also I have 5 pokemon in my party at the moment, would that affect the frame advances?

I managed to hit frames 40,41,43,45,46,48, but can't hit 42,44,47. I shall try with Chatot and let you know how it goes :)

I've managed to RNG another perfect poke in just about 10 tries, thanks to everyone who has helped me :)

There's 1 thing I noticed and I don't know if it's been notified yet:

(at least) in pokemon platinum, in sangem town pokemart, if the wanderer npc doesnt move it doesnt advance any frame, if it steps BUT you talk to the deliverman in the middle of its step, it advances the frame by 1, and if it walks 1 full step, it advances the frame by 2, hope this helped :P

EDIT: Nevermind <3

just a quick one - in platinum, are shaymin's iv's set when you interact with the stone and it runs up to you, or when you engage in the battle at flower paradise?

help please im trying to rng my id/sid on heartgold do i use the delay they give me in the box or in the seed to time finder? thats all i need to know :)

help please im trying to rng my id/sid on heartgold do i use the delay they give me in the box or in the seed to time finder? thats all i need to know :)
You need use the aplication of seed to Time on RNG reporter, only put your seed , year, secods and click on genarete. After you can use your target delay that show in the Box.

You need use the aplication of seed to Time on RNG reporter, only put your seed , year, secods and click on genarete. After you can use your target delay that show in the Box.
thanks for answering and so wait im acutally using the delay in seed to time box or the pandora box? also i figured out the just of it but when i hit my delay i get a different id? wth is that mean? sorry just frustrated...

well id abuse never got going so just breeding on my soulsilver instead...now for breeding do i save in front of the man then do my delay or generate the egg and then do the delay so confused :p

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
well id abuse never got going so just breeding on my soulsilver instead...now for breeding do i save in front of the man then do my delay or generate the egg and then do the delay so confused :p
Save in front of the day-care lady with the parents still in your party. Hit your PID seed (advance the frame if necessary), deposit the parents, run around until the egg is generated. Save in front of the day-care man, hit your IV seed (advance to your target frame), then pick up the egg.

Save in front of the day-care lady with the parents still in your party. Hit your PID seed (advance the frame if necessary), deposit the parents, run around until the egg is generated. Save in front of the day-care man, hit your IV seed (advance to your target frame), then pick up the egg.
okay thanks ill do that :) the other forum im on there thread is dead at the moment and can't double post :p

edit: also when going for the shiny how do i advance with the calls when the main reporter gives me only the diamond/pearl/platinum coin flip instead of calls? what should i do? nvm frame 1 is recommended but the shiny frame will not be effect at all by one roamer right? I forgot that i didn't get latios yet...

I am going to try hatching a Chansey in Gen 3, I have already captured a Ditto parent for this purpose and I just need to know how to hatch one with Natural Cure cause RNG reporter does not tell this data :(

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
PID is determined when the old man begins to hold the egg. It's completely separate from the IVs. So generate egg, save, hatch egg. Has nature/ability? Reset and shoot for IVs. If not, repeat with next egg.

PID is determined when the old man begins to hold the egg. It's completely separate from the IVs. So generate egg, save, hatch egg. Has nature/ability? Reset and shoot for IVs. If not, repeat with next egg.

Oh yes IVs are determined when he says 'Take good care of it and you hit A right?

Oh yes IVs are determined when he says 'Take good care of it and you hit A right?
IV's are calculated when you take the egg on that time and delay your suppose to hit and if any advances with elm/irwin calls..so if you normally take the egg without advances frames if you need to you will not get what you desire but if its frame one then you will but roamers do take part of skipping frames by advancements so i this case yes for now unless you have frame advancements...also if your going for a shiny do that first...also make sure you save first before grabbing the egg to verify you acutally hit your frame...

edit: i hatched my first shiny calm feebas today :) very happy i was...someone just told me what to as you see post above and i did it...once you get the hang of it its not hard at all...of course my first every rng's were on 5th generation and breeding i learned first, and yes i learned backwards :p

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Can someone with RNG Reporter help me with reading this exact frame? RNG Reporter cuts the number off a little bit, and I have no clue how to view the whole number.

-Method 1 (Dry Battery R/S), seed 5A0
-PID: B62E5BEA
-Careful
-31/31/31/13/31/31
-Abiliy 0

Max results are set at 99999999, there's only one result.

Thanks in advance.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
To see higher frames just set 99999999 as the starting frame and search again, and keep increasing the starting frame by 99999999 as you go.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
To see higher frames just set 99999999 as the starting frame and search again, and keep increasing the starting frame by 99999999 as you go.
I mean the exact frame of the listed spread. Reporter cut the tip off of the frame number due to it's length.

Edit: Eh, screw it. It's too high to attempt on retail anyway.

Does anybody know where I can get older versions of the RNG Reporter?

I.e. 9.93 and earlier, where for Wondercards etc. you can select a range of frames rather than the number of advances.

(It's helpful with some things.)

GEN 3- I keep getting an alternate spread for duskull I am breeding, I tried saving again and it did not help, I discarded the egg and tried another but yet the same, any suggestions?

Are there any tips to breeding for a shiny pokemon in sapphire? I have been reading the guides for emerald, but the program in RNG Reporter is fairly different for R/S...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)