Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Okay, BO2 comes out in a couple of months and a multiplayer reveal trailer came out. What do you think? Do you like what you see? Why/why not? Are you going to buy the game? Discuss Call of Duty: Black Ops II here.

Personally, I think it kind of looks like Halo, and I hate Halo. I did see a Sniper that sounded and looked like the Intervention, so that's pretty sweet.

Hmm, this is tricky. Let me summarise the CoD series:

Pros

Give you something to exert your annoyance and gives you an excuse to scream at the TV.

-----

Cons

• Spending £60 on a carbon-copied game.
  • A horrendous fanbase full of puerile whelps.
  • Endless numbers of bullshit ways to die.
  • Not being able to use DLC unless you buy every new DLC that comes out meaning you are down £10 after you have finally realised: "Why did I buy this?"
  • Awful spawning.
  • Dying in 0.07 milliseconds.
  • No matter how much "skill" you have (as if it was hard to beat nine year old kids), you will always lose 1v1 gun-fights unless your internet isn't a hyper-processing connection with a direct link from South Korea.

I think I will pass on the next game. Actually, I say this, but, in fact, I will end up buying it and regret it.

All COD games are bullshit in some way. Still fun as hell though. I don't really want to buy BO2 without reviews first. BO, imo, sucked. MW3 was not at all bad, it's just that IW doesn't give a fuck about their customers. They say they were going to fix the spawns, no such thing happened.

CoDBO2 looks worthwhile, however most of the games that do look worthwhile turn out to be utter garbage.

pass.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For me, it'll be like every other CoD game. I'll buy it, play the campaign and love it, play for about 20 hours online and hate it, put it down for a few months, then end up replaying the campaign a few times. That is, unless they fix the numerous problems online. (they won't)

I'll wait until I can get it around half price and then buy it, just like I've been doing with the newer Halo and CoD games
CoDBO2 looks worthwhile, however most of the games that do look worthwhile turn out to be utter garbage.
Name 3

I was rather disappointed they didn't include any Stoner made gun. Oh well, since my lil brother is 100% getting the game I'll play it and see the weaponry for my self.

Fun guns = good game

I never even bothered playing the campaign on BO or MW3. I knew exactly what would happen and the AI... I could actually go do something productive, come back to the PS3 and find out I still haven't even been hit by a bullet. Wow.

It will probably be fine, I'm just being a bit harsh in pointing out the main negative features with it and not naming any positive ones.

From the trailer though, knives are still a one shot kill which I am disappointing at because there was a lot of talk about balancing knifing out. How many times have you been panic knifed whilst on a streak?

There will always be something to moan about though. Even if they sort a lot of things. Just like the metagames here, take something out - something else becomes too powerful and people complain.

I was rather disappointed they didn't include any Stoner made gun. Oh well, since my lil brother is 100% getting the game I'll play it and see the weaponry for my self.

Fun guns = good game
A lot of guns have been brought back. That's one thing COD needs to do with their games; add more guns. I had about 20 Gold guns in MW3 and got bored using them. If only they had the AK74u in that.

EDIT:

@Gynaecologist: You do not know how mad I get when I get fucking panic knifed. In my opinion take out knifing as a whole bar tactical knifes on pistols, or make it so you have to pull the actual knife out.

Hmm, this is tricky. Let me summarise the CoD series:

Pros

Give you something to exert your annoyance and gives you an excuse to scream at the TV.

-----

Cons

• Spending £60 on a carbon-copied game.
  • A horrendous fanbase full of puerile whelps.
  • Endless numbers of bullshit ways to die.
  • Not being able to use DLC unless you buy every new DLC that comes out meaning you are down £10 after you have finally realised: "Why did I buy this?"
  • Awful spawning.
  • Dying in 0.07 milliseconds.
  • No matter how much "skill" you have (as if it was hard to beat nine year old kids), you will always lose 1v1 gun-fights unless your internet isn't a hyper-processing connection with a direct link from South Korea.

I think I will pass on the next game. Actually, I say this, but, in fact, I will end up buying it and regret it.

you sound like you just really suck and you're bitching. specifically on your last point, my internet connection is extremely mediocre yet I can win 1 on 1 gun fights because i'm good.

you sound like you just really suck and you're bitching. specifically on your last point, my internet connection is extremely mediocre yet I can win 1 on 1 gun fights because i'm good.
Wow. This post actually annoyed me :p

I'm a good enough player (2.4KD) but even with that, I cannot play amazing.

I am always running on a two / three bar connection and because of this cannot use pump-action shotguns or bolt-action snipers. I will more than often miss with a sniper or will only get about two shells on the guy from shotguns for him to turn around and panic knife me.

There is fact behind the point though that the better internet you have the more chance you will have at winning 1v1s. C:

Wow. This post actually annoyed me :p

I'm a good enough player (2.4KD) but even with that, I cannot play amazing.

I am always running on a two / three bar connection and because of this cannot use pump-action shotguns or bolt-action snipers. I will more than often miss with a sniper or will only get about two shells on the guy from shotguns for him to turn around and panic knife me.

There is fact behind the point though that the better internet you have the more chance you will have at winning 1v1s. C:
actually its fact that if youre decent at the game you can win 1 on 1 fights regardless

actually its fact that if youre decent at the game you can win 1 on 1 fights regardless
That didn't make any more sense the second time you said it. If someone is standbying (old fashioned) or you have serious lag, it can be virtually impossible to function correctly

Agree with Zacchaeus. While yes, it takes skill to win 1 on 1 fights, lagging can affect this. If you are lagging like crazy, how are you even supposed to hit the guy?

I am going to wait until the game comes out and read customer reviews before deciding whether I want to purchase it or not. I am amazed by how ignorant most fans of the series are, i.e. how they keep buying each new release and complain once they get around to playing it, given how crappy some of the previous installments** turned out to be despite the hype created before their respective releases.

** *cough* Modern Warfare 3 *cough*

I thought they killed panic knifing..? You have to legitimately switch to a knife. At least, that's what's shown by the trailer..? How can you panic knife if you have to switch to a knife before you knife?

I am going to wait until the game comes out and read customer reviews before deciding whether I want to purchase it or not. I am amazed by how ignorant most fans of the series are, i.e. how they keep buying each new release and complain once they get around to playing it, given how crappy some of the previous installments** turned out to be despite the hype created before their respective releases.

** *cough* Modern Warfare 3 *cough*
MW3 was not bad at all in my opinion. I mean, yeah it might have been overhyped about, but it was good. Not really much change. A lot of people complained about it being similar to MW2, but not really. The graphics in general were different and the feel of it too. The addition of strike packages also added a twist to the game. In my opinion the top 3 flaws of MW3 were the spawning, the DLC, and Final Fucking Stand. Guns aren't too OP.

I hated Modern Warfare 3 because I lagged like a snail on it. Completely terrible. So glad I purchased Battlefield 3 instead.

For the record, I lagged nowhere near as much on past Call of Duty games.

Looking forward to this, don't have an Xbox myself but have experience with the CoD series. I am pretty sure knifing without switching to a knife is going to be in this, it has been in a bunch of CoD games. in Black Ops you can switch to Ballistic Knife for extra range, and in others like MW3 better knife is a weapon attachment.

@Flashstorm1: I think I saw it, although it still looked like there was a pistol in his hand.

@Lamppost: I don't blame you, it looks like shit and lol.

@Drifblim: Only for pistols though.

@Bro Fist: Same here, but Treyarch has yet to impress me with a Call of Duty game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)