Counter This Pokemon [ginganinja vs TEMP V1]

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting has slowed and I still have time to post this.

Pocket's Celebi: 13

Jimbon's Deoxys-D: 1

Xelacalle's Latias: 6

Shovel's Dragonite: 2

Team 1: Meloetta
Team 2: Celebi

Suggestions for Team 2's second member start now. As before, post the entire set including nature, item, evs, moves, sprites, and names. Do not post slashes. You have 2 days to suggest the next Pokemon. Remember, this is Team 2's Pokemon, so it will be Celebi's partner.

So Celebi, I hear you hate taking attacks from Fire, Ice, Bug, Dark and Ghost attacks.

I think you need to meet this dude:

OBLIGATORY HEATRAN!

Heatrab @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
~ Lava Plume
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roar
~ Will-O-Wisp

Soaks up Fire moves aimed at Celebi and resists all other attacks that it's weak to. Can set up rocks, phase and cripple physical attackers. EV spread taken straight from the Smogon Analysis, the aim of this Heatran is to BURN as much as you can and to stop special set-up sweepers.

Celebi being weak to seven types makes it difficult to mind something which resists everything it's weak to... besides the
OBLIGATORY HEATRAN!
but one Pokemon which can deal well with the majority of Celebi's counters is Terrakion.

Everything which is super effective to Celebi Terrakion either resists or is neutral to, and it's the same for Terrakion's weaknesses and Celebi.

With that in mind, I'm going to suggest Choice Scarf Terrakion

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
Jolly nature
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

While Terrakion is not going to be able to switch in to Meloetta, as both Close Combat and Psychic are super-effective, neither can Meloetta switch in to Terakion... unless it especially wants to take an X-Scissor. Terrakion can also outspeed and revenge kill Meloetta-P with super-effective Close Combat.
Meloetta aside, Terrakion makes a great addition to the team. It can take most moves that would be dangerous to Celebi very well, as well as being able to remove Pokemon which wall Celebi, potentially allowing for a sweep.
Choice Scarf Terrakion is also a powerful revenge killer and so a valued addition to any team. It also doesn't really need any other Pokemon implicitly, so allows us to keep our options open, and is not the easiest Pokemon the counter.

EDIT:
let's have our pokemon have at least decent synergy with Meloetta too:
The pokemon we are suggesting are for Team 2 (to pair with Celebi, not to counter it!)
The pattern for choosing pokes will be 1 2 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 2 2 1

Edit2:
Xelacelle

I want Genesect next so I don't want a fire weakness from Celebi.
Who is that? xD
Also, I'm thinking Genesect may work pretty well with Meloetta. We'll have to see what we get first though I guess.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I think Heatran is probably the most obvious choice, but I feel Offensive Heatran works better with NP Celebi just because both are offensive sets, plus Offensive Heatran can deal with other Heatran that trouble Celebi.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Both Celebi and Heatran have good synergy together. Stealth Rock is for hazards, and it means that we don't need to use Stealth Rocks later down the line. Fire Blast is STAB and it's very strong. Earth Power lets Heatran kill other Heatran and Fire resists. HP Ice is to hit the likes of Dragonite. We don't need HP Grass because Celebi can set-up on Gastro. Air Balloon is chosen over Life Orb due to it temporary removing Tran's 4x weakness to Ground. This lets us come in on Dragons and hit them with HP Ice due to them having to attack us with something else before going for EQ. I personally like TimidTran over ModesTran, and I never felt like I needed the power.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Being a grass type and all, Celebi works well with Keldeo-R:

(it's not -R forme, sue me)
Keldeo-R @ Choice Specs
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature
~Hydro Pump
~Secret Sword
~HP Ghost
~Icy Wind

Keldeo has great synergy with Celebi- coming in on Ice, Fire, and Bug. Celebi also takes Psychic and Electric for Keldeo. Keldeo also handles Meloetta adequately- Secret Sword is an OHKO to both formes, though it will take a bit of prediction to pull off well. It hits like a truck, and is just generally a good pokemon to have around.

OK people posting movesets " (READ OP OR DON'T POST)". It says this clearly on the title. The order goes 1,2,2,1,1,2,2,1,1,2,2,1. We are currently selecting teams 2's second member.

I think Terrakion is probably one of the best options to go with Celebi due to how hard it can be to counter, as well as it's synergy with Celebi. However, since we want something that will be difficult for Team 1 to counter/check, I don't think we should be using Scarf Terrakion, or even any Choice Scarf user, until later in the team-building process. For that reason, I'm going to suggest what is one of, if not the, hardest Terrakion sets to beat.

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

How the set works

Attempting to check Terrakion through the use of something like Scizor becomes incredibly difficult when using this set, so team 1 will be pigeon-holed into using something like Slowbro or Gliscor (Or Golurk, but lol), which aren't that difficult to counter, and are actually checked by Celebi already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)