Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelling my battle with rickheg above (sorry, but no one loves us :s)

I need to train FAST for the gym sign ups. So, i'm issuing 2 identical challenges

2vs2 doubles FlashMatch (I'm bringing FEs but you bring whatever) (Also, they are Training Matches, so dont worry about losing)
0/0 recoveries and chills
1 day dq
all abilities
all items
no switch
Arena:
Pure Chill
Field Type: Ice
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: see mechanics

*Ten Years Ago*

"Mommy!"
"Yes my dear child? What's the matter, why are you crying?"
"Mommy, truffles was battling a staryu and got hurt by a water attack!"
"Yes baby, He's part ground, that means-"
"But mommy! He's Ice too! doesn't ice resist water?"
"Sorry hun, but that's not how it works."
"WHA? but mommy it makes sens-"
"Perhaps dear. but it just doesn't work that way. Now go draw mommy a picture."
"Sniff. Okay...."

As he grew, that little boy also found that Ice did not resist anything besides itself. It was also weak to things that the boy couldn't even believe. It was his favorite type, and the boy thought to himself, "Why is this so? Ice should resist certain things. It makes sense!"

That boy was me. And i promised to find a way to allow Ice types the justice they deserved. i traveled the globe for proof and clues, and ingredients to enact my master plan. Finally, with enough supplies and money, i created an artificial habitat that would allow Ice types to experience what they deserve.

This is the Pure Chill Experiment.

Mechanics
The Pure Chill Experiment is taken place in a large square room, 500 feet long and 500 feet wide. The ceiling is 20 feet high. The walls are lined with steel, but most of the steel has ice formed on it. Even if a section does not have ice on it, it is extremely cold to touch. The Floor is coated in ice as well, though it is not very thick. The room acts as freezer, keeping the cool in and pulling the heat out. This Area is quite simple and plain-jane, but I have created the perfect conditions for ice types. The exact temperature (kept classified), alongside key substances and elements in the air (also kept classified), give Ice the ability to resist certain types they weren't able to before! This arena gives Ice pokemon the resists they deserve. its only natural, after all.

-The Ice Type now resists Grass, Water, and Ground. Also, Rock is not super-effective against Ice. Ice is super-effective against Rock. Rock attacks do neutral damage to Ice Types.
-The floor has ice, so every action non-ice pokemon have a 5% chance to slip and take 10 damage (Pokemon with Levitate/Suction Cups/Anchor Body are not effected)
-Because the room is lined with steel, Dig cannot be used
-Hail is the only weather that works here
-Scald is the only water attack that Ice Types do not resist

Cancelling my battle with rickheg above (sorry, but no one loves us :s)

I need to train FAST for the gym sign ups. So, i'm issuing 2 identical challenges

2vs2 doubles FlashMatch (I'm bringing FEs but you bring whatever) (Also, they are Training Matches, so dont worry about losing)
0/0 recoveries and chills
1 day dq
all abilities
all items
no switch
Arena: Pure Chill
Field Type: Ice
Format: All
Restrictions: see mechanics

*Ten Years Ago*

"Mommy!"
"Yes my dear child? What's the matter, why are you crying?"
"Mommy, truffles was battling a staryu and got hurt by a water attack!"
"Yes baby, He's part ground, that means-"
"But mommy! He's Ice too! doesn't ice resist water?"
"Sorry hun, but that's not how it works."
"WHA? but mommy it makes sens-"
"Perhaps dear. but it just doesn't work that way. Now go draw mommy a picture."
"Sniff. Okay...."

As he grew, that little boy also found that Ice did not resist anything besides itself. It was also weak to things that the boy couldn't even believe. It was his favorite type, and the boy thought to himself, "Why is this so? Ice should resist certain things. It makes sense!"

That boy was me. And i promised to find a way to allow Ice types the justice they deserved. i traveled the globe for proof and clues, and ingredients to enact my master plan. Finally, with enough supplies and money, i created an artificial habitat that would allow Ice types to experience what they deserve.

This is the Pure Chill Experiment.

Mechanics
The Pure Chill Experiment is taken place in a large square room, 500 feet long and 500 feet wide. The ceiling is 20 feet high. The walls are lined with steel, but most of the steel has ice formed on it. Even if a section does not have ice on it, it is extremely cold to touch. The Floor is coated in ice as well, though it is not very thick. The room acts as freezer, keeping the cool in and pulling the heat out. This Area is quite simple and plain-jane, but I have created the perfect conditions for ice types. The exact temperature (kept classified), alongside key substances and elements in the air (also kept classified), give Ice the ability to resist certain types they weren't able to before! This arena gives Ice pokemon the resists they deserve. its only natural, after all.

-The Ice Type now resists Grass, Water, and Ground. Also, Rock is not super-effective against Ice. Ice is super-effective against Rock. Rock attacks do neutral damage to Ice Types.
-The floor has ice, so every action non-ice pokemon have a 5% chance to slip and take 10 damage (Pokemon with Levitate/Suction Cups/Anchor Body are not effected)
-Because the room is lined with steel, Dig cannot be used
-Hail is the only weather that works here
-Scald is the only water attack that Ice Types do not resist
i'll take one, glacier
ill accept the second one (MAMOSWINEWARMAYBE?)
Since the matches I ref seem to be disapearing quicker than I can ref them, I'll be glad to attempt to ref these. Please, PM me your Poke'mon of choice.

Also, still looking for a ref for my match last page...

3v3 LC Singles
Training Items
All abilities
Switch=KO
2 subs
1 Day DQ
Arena: Gump Forest

Field Type: Grass
Format: Singles/Doubles/Triples

A forest in northwestern Unova, far from most forms of civilization. As such, it is an extremely beautiful expanse of foliage and wildlife. In the middle of the forest is a clearing, which is a perfect locale for intense Pokemon battles.

Because of the more-than-substantial supply of vegetation, Grass-types will be able to use their Grass-type moves for three (3) less Energy (non-Grass-types will pay the full Energy cost, due to not being fully in tune with the forest surroundings). This forest is also a very calming place; it is essentially a sanctuary for Grass-type Pokemon. Those Pokemon that are at least part Grass will receive and be under the effect of the ability Leaf Guard, which will stack with their existing abilities (unless they already have Leaf Guard, in which case the ability will simply activate).

While neither weather nor Fly users can breach the thick canopy of the forest, Grass-types are able to absorb some of the photosynthetic energy from the plants around them to simulate the effect of Chlorophyll. This effect will not be analogous to a full activation; instead, all Grass-types have their Speed boosted by 1.5x rather than double. Finally, at the end of each round, a soothing breeze may blow through the area, having the same effect as the move Sweet Scent; the exception being that Grass-types, having become accustomed to the ways of the forest, are not affected by it.

This peaceful haven for plants and Pokemon alike sits quietly, as if waiting for a decent battle. Show no mercy, and you may be victorious.

Summary:
-Grass-type moves have Energy cost reduced by 3 when used by Grass-types
-Leaf Guard in effect for all Grass-type Pokemon
-Flight restricted to roughly 15 ft above ground; weather will have no effect due to closeness of trees
-Grass-types considered to be affected by a milder form of Chlorophyll; increases base speed by 1.5x rather than doubling it
-Soothing scents will occasionally (30% at end of round) blow through the area, lowering non-Grass Pokemon's evasion 1 stage (or dissolving one clone of Double Team)
Accepting above.
Now i am waiting for reffing for 2 battles....

Nobody wants da UC?

(the match with Eternal Drifet also needs a reff)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4325837#post4325837
Still needs a subref

aaaand

Need a quick 2v2 Doubles
Training Items
1 Day DQ
1 Sub

I'll use a newly bought FE pokemon and a NFE. Also, if you could pretty please bring a Pokemon that knows the move Leech Seed, I'd appreciate it becuase I need to sketch it for an upcoming raid. Thank you!
I'll also take Kaxtar's challenge
All abilities I guess
everything else seems decided
and I will bring a seeder.
Still needs the regular kind.

Any takers? I will love you forever.

1 vs 1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Chills/Recovers
Arena: Shuckle Flashmatch
Power Trick is always on but applies to defence and special defence too
One sub
Training Battle

I'll be using a Shuckle and attempting a fast match. Imagine that.

1 vs 1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Chills/Recovers
Arena: Shuckle Flashmatch
Power Trick is always on but applies to defence and special defence too
One sub
Training Battle

I'll be using a Shuckle and attempting a fast match. Imagine that.
Sure thing Rediamond. Items on, No Abilities.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Texas

4v4 Dubs
2 Day DQ
5 Chills / 2 Recovery Moves per mon
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Items = On
Arena: ASB Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)