5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Right. Because IVs, nature, and PID are all unrelated to each other, any shiny spread is obtainable with any ID/SID combination. I've obtained many different shinies without RNGing my ID/SID at all.

Thanks. I don't have the newest version of RNG Reporter, but from what I understand, it lets you search over all months in a particular year at once, right? Also, is there a way to limit Time Finder's results (in the Capture tab at least) to only shinies? I don't have my computer at the moment, but in the screenshots in the on-site guide, there's no "Shiny Only" checkbox like in other areas of the program.

Thanks. I don't have the newest version of RNG Reporter, but from what I understand, it lets you search over all months in a particular year at once, right? Also, is there a way to limit Time Finder's results (in the Capture tab at least) to only shinies? I don't have my computer at the moment, but in the screenshots in the on-site guide, there's no "Shiny Only" checkbox.
The capture tab focuses mainly on IVs. There is a tick box asking if you want to search for nearby shiny frames and the amount of advances you're willing to go up to, meaning it will search for IV spreads that have shiny spreads from the initial up to the max amount of advances you inputted.

In the eggs tab, you can specifically request shiny pokemon, because it puts more emphasis on the other characteristics of what the pokemon will have, along with the IVs.

The capture tab focuses mainly on IVs. There is a tick box asking if you want to search for nearby shiny frames and the amount of advances you're willing to go up to, meaning it will search for IV spreads that have shiny spreads from the initial up to the max amount of advances you inputted.
I did see that, but wasn't sure what exactly it did. So if I check it, will I only get shiny results? I know I'd need to put in a high enough max frame.

I did see that, but wasn't sure what exactly it did. So if I check it, will I only get shiny results? I know I'd need to put in a high enough max frame.
Think that sounds about right. Just of course make sure you have your ID/SID combo listed in it otherwise it won't work.

If you got the wrong IVs, you didn't hit your seed. Disregard those results, they won't help you at all (that seed will always be Quick-Tempered regardless of PID, since only one IV is highest).

Also, your SSF is going to be much higher than that. I'd look at a minimum of 550 or so.
Huh, I thought it would have been much lower in Winter, but I suppose looking in the wrong range would explain my results.
So if I'm getting the wrong IVs, I'm not hitting my seed. The only way I can explain this is perhaps maybe I'm doing my button press wrong? I always RNG with "No Keypresses", so I guess I'm messing this up? How do most people do their keypresses? I just hold it, load the game at the right time, and let go when the GF logo shows up.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You're doing it right, probably just hitting the wrong Timer0. You can use the Adjacent Seed Tool to confirm for sure. If that's the case, just keep trying, maybe slightly adjust the exact timing of when you load the game.

You're doing it right, probably just hitting the wrong Timer0. You can use the Adjacent Seed Tool to confirm for sure. If that's the case, just keep trying, maybe slightly adjust the exact timing of when you load the game.
Eh, I figured it might've been a Timer0 thing, because everything else being wrong didn't make sense. That said, thanks a lot Voodoo =)

Alright I'm still having problems. I followed Ewokese's advice, but I still can't find what second and delay I hit. On EonTimer, my Calibration is the default (-95), and my Target Delay is 4012, and my EL Calibration is 356. However, whenever I catch the Pokemon and enter its exact IVs, I always get the same message that no matches can be found. Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
GSP

Alright I'm still having problems. I followed Ewokese's advice, but I still can't find what second and delay I hit. On EonTimer, my Calibration is the default (-95), and my Target Delay is 4012, and my EL Calibration is 356. However, whenever I catch the Pokemon and enter its exact IVs, I always get the same message that no matches can be found. Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
GSP
No idea what could be going wrong there, but the guide I worked from said the standard calibration value was -195 rather than just -95. No idea if that'll help but if you get a result then you'll be fine.

No idea what could be going wrong there, but the guide I worked from said the standard calibration value was -195 rather than just -95. No idea if that'll help but if you get a result then you'll be fine.
Well I saw that guide too, but I'm not using that one. I'm using Princess of Johto's Entralink PID Abuse guide so I can get the right nature easier. It doesn't say to use -195 but -80. However, that didn't work either so I stuck with the default.

I've recently learned how to RNG both stationary and wild Pokémon. I'm trying to RNG Tornadus. Can anyone point me to a guide for this purpose? I know that it's stats are generated when released on route 7 but I have no idea what to do exactly.

Thanks in advance!

I've recently learned how to RNG both stationary and wild Pokémon. I'm trying to RNG Tornadus. Can anyone point me to a guide for this purpose? I know that it's stats are generated when released on route 7 but I have no idea what to do exactly.

Thanks in advance!
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part7

You seem to have the basic concept of RNG abuse in BW, which is a good start. Here's how it works: first listen to the old lady's story on Route 7, then save inside the house, preferably with a master ball in your bag and two Chatots with custom chatters in your party. When you walk outside, a cutscene will play. The ambient weather will advance the frames at a pretty high rate, and the frame that the RNG lands on are the results that Tornadus is stuck with, no matter how long after the scene you catch it.
So first find a seed with the IVs, nature, hidden power, and shininess that you want (easier to do it non-shiny). Hit your seed, and enter the game world. Walk outside, and mash the A button to get through the cutscene ASAP. Your frame will start at 1 when you turn the game on, and the scene + weather will advance it. Now go catch your roamer. Now that you have it:

1. Go to the Main Window of RNG Reporter
2. Set Method to Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type to Roaming Pokemon, paste the seed in, and you're starting frame is dependent on the weather outside (see the link above).
3. Click Generate, and now a list of results will pop up.
4. You caught the pokemon without doing any advances of your own. So let's say you got "Adamant". Find the first adamant result.
5. Select it, then right-click and choose "Display Characteristics in Search"
6. A new, smaller window will pop up. Input the IVs of what you caught (check using either the PO teambuilder or MetalKid's IV calculator)
7. Scroll down the list until you see the first result that matches your combination of Nature and Characteristic. That is most likely your Shifted Starting Frame.
8. Do this multiple times to make sure that you consistently start with the same result.
9. When your are confident that you have found your shifted starting frame, find the nature in the list that you want. Let's say Jolly is what you want. It's raining outside, and your shifted starting frame is 1520. Jolly is on frame 1542. So hit your seed, do 22 chatot calls, leave the house, skip through the cutscene, and go catch your roamer.

The hardest part of the process is confirming your shifted starting frame, and then trying to hit your seed. Even if you start with the same result with doing no advances, try doing it again but with 10 chatot cries. Keep increasing your cries each time in increments of 10. Make a list, then look at the main window of RNG Reporter to see if it matches up. If it does, you know where you are and how to get to your target.
When you hit your seed, the IV results will all be the same (I assume you're looking for flawless, so all the IVs will always be perfect), but the natures will be different. If none of your roamer's IVs are flawless, then you didn't hit your seed. Even if you did your keypresses right and entered the game world at the right time, there may be some fluctuation with the Timer0 value and you could have hit the wrong Timer0. If that is what's happening, then the best you can do is keep trying and slightly vary when you enter the game world each time (slightly vary by milliseconds, that is). Hopefully this won't happen to you, because then it turns into something of hitting a delay almost, except that EonTimer won't help you X_X.
And that's all I think you need to know on Roamer RNG in BW. The only tough part is getting the right nature.

You seem to have the basic concept of RNG abuse in BW, which is a good start. Here's how it works: first listen to the old lady's story on Route 7, then save inside the house, preferably with a master ball in your bag and two Chatots with custom chatters in your party. When you walk outside, a cutscene will play. The ambient weather will advance the frames at a pretty high rate, and the frame that the RNG lands on are the results that Tornadus is stuck with, no matter how long after the scene you catch it.
So first find a seed with the IVs, nature, hidden power, and shininess that you want (easier to do it non-shiny). Hit your seed, and enter the game world. Walk outside, and mash the A button to get through the cutscene ASAP. Your frame will start at 1 when you turn the game on, and the scene + weather will advance it. Now go catch your roamer. Now that you have it:

2. Set Method to Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type to Roaming Pokemon, paste the seed in, and you're starting frame is dependent on the weather outside (see the link above).
4. You caught the pokemon without doing any advances of your own. So let's say you got "Adamant". Find the first adamant result.
6. A new, smaller window will pop up. Input the IVs of what you caught (check using either the PO teambuilder or MetalKid's IV calculator)
7. Scroll down the list until you see the first result that matches your combination of Nature and Characteristic. That is most likely your Shifted Starting Frame.
8. Do this multiple times to make sure that you consistently start with the same result.
9. When your are confident that you have found your shifted starting frame, find the nature in the list that you want. Let's say Jolly is what you want. It's raining outside, and your shifted starting frame is 1520. Jolly is on frame 1542. So hit your seed, do 22 chatot calls, leave the house, skip through the cutscene, and go catch your roamer.

The hardest part of the process is confirming your shifted starting frame, and then trying to hit your seed. Even if you start with the same result with doing no advances, try doing it again but with 10 chatot cries. Keep increasing your cries each time in increments of 10. Make a list, then look at the main window of RNG Reporter to see if it matches up. If it does, you know where you are and how to get to your target.
When you hit your seed, the IV results will all be the same (I assume you're looking for flawless, so all the IVs will always be perfect), but the natures will be different. If none of your roamer's IVs are flawless, then you didn't hit your seed. Even if you did your keypresses right and entered the game world at the right time, there may be some fluctuation with the Timer0 value and you could have hit the wrong Timer0. If that is what's happening, then the best you can do is keep trying and slightly vary when you enter the game world each time (slightly vary by milliseconds, that is). Hopefully this won't happen to you, because then it turns into something of hitting a delay almost, except that EonTimer won't help you X_X.
And that's all I think you need to know on Roamer RNG in BW. The only tough part is getting the right nature.
Great guide! What's the deal with doing Chatot calls in multiples of 10 though? I saw that in your post and the on-site guide and don't understand it. I never did it when RNGing my Tornadus or Thundurus, but that was a long time ago, and the instructions I followed were to Chatter 1 more time than you did the last time until you got the right nature (I didn't do shiny abuse).

Also, the guide says to consider ID/SID abuse if you want a shiny. I was recently told by voodoo pimp that any ID/SID combo can get any IV/PID combo shiny since the 2 are unrelated in B/W. Is there something special about roamer abuse that makes this not true for them?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Great guide! What's the deal with doing Chatot calls in multiples of 10 though? I saw that in your post and the on-site guide and don't understand it. I never did it when RNGing my Tornadus or Thundurus, but that was a long time ago, and the instructions I followed were to Chatter 1 more time than you did the last time until you got the right nature (I didn't do shiny abuse).

Also, the guide says to consider ID/SID abuse if you want a shiny. I was recently told by voodoo pimp that any ID/SID combo can get any IV/PID combo shiny since the 2 are unrelated in B/W. Is there something special about roamer abuse that makes this not true for them?
It's entirely possible to do a shiny roamer without ID/SID abuse. It just makes it easier, especially if you already have a frame that you know you can hit from a previous save.

What was the last version of RNGReporter that had a WORKING breeding tab? The one in 9.95 is messed up big time.
I've used 9.95 for breeding for a long time and it worked fine for me each time, are you sure you're using it properly?

If you really want another version though, then you could go to #smogonwifi and get the 9.96 version. It's still in testing (I assume) so some of the new features might be a bit buggy, but the breeding in it works fine as well.

If you continue having trouble then your best bet is to post up a few screenshots and explain what exactly is going wrong, otherwise people can't help you.

It's entirely possible to do a shiny roamer without ID/SID abuse. It just makes it easier, especially if you already have a frame that you know you can hit from a previous save.
If I'm RNGing my ID/SID (to get several shinies, not just Tornadus/Thundurus), is this probably the RNG project I should specifically try to make shiny when searching for my ID/SID combo (and I'll still be able to RNG for other shiny spreads on other Pokémon regardless)? I won't have a frame I know I can hit from a previous save; this will be done on a new cartridge that I will have only played through up to the point at which I can trade (to get my parameters).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
If I'm RNGing my ID/SID (to get several shinies, not just Tornadus/Thundurus), is this probably the RNG project I should specifically try to make shiny when searching for my ID/SID combo (and I'll still be able to RNG for other shiny spreads on other Pokémon regardless)? I won't have a frame I know I can hit from a previous save; this will be done on a new cartridge that I will have only played through up to the point at which I can trade (to get my parameters).
That's really the only reason why you would RNG your TID/SID in Gen 5, as you can find just about any spread with a bit of searching.

I'm still having some issues with Hidden Hollow. I'm using the guide that was posted to make dreamworld pokemon spawn. Yet, the step where it says advancing is throwing me off. How exactly are you supposed to approach this. How many times do you need to advance with chattots if you're a given a frame of 53 with your max advance set at 3?

Wanted to add more info to this for any onlookers, since I've noticed a handful of people these past few pages are asking about catching the genies. If you're entering the game world at the right time and doing the right keypresses, but are still missing your Timer0, there are ways to circumvent this for those with an emulator: "save states".
So hit your seed, enter the game world, and create a save state right there. Then, without doing any advances, go outside and catch the roamer ; if it has the wrong IVs and you missed your seed, delete the save state and try again. Keep trying until you hit your seed, and keep that particular save state. Since Timer0 fluctuates between the same two values (no matter the game), you have a 50-50 shot of getting it right, so keep trying.
After you found out that you hit your seed correctly, return to the save state and do one chatot call. Go outside and see what you get. Repeat this process, increasing the number of chatot calls you do each time by 1, until you get what you want (Misdreavus was right, this method can still work pretty well). Save states are amazing. Also, I'm pretty sure you can transfer what you get to an actual cartridge.
For those using an actual cartridge that have Timer0 problems, you don't have many options but to keep trying. I got fed up with it and had to settle for a Naive Thundurus; but at least the nature is useful and he had flawless IVs and HP Ice 70, so not a big loss.

I think maybe the roamer part of the on-site guide should be updated. I know most already have their genie by now and it would seem kind of pointless, but it should be updated at least for clarity's sake. It's the best guide for this on the net, yet it still leaves out some of the finer points, and talks about the PID%6 Method like it's still relevant. Any n00b that sees that is gonna try it, and rip their hair out (seriously, that PID%6 shit is crazy).

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm still having some issues with Hidden Hollow. I'm using the guide that was posted to make dreamworld pokemon spawn. Yet, the step where it says advancing is throwing me off. How exactly are you supposed to approach this. How many times do you need to advance with chattots if you're a given a frame of 53 with your max advance set at 3?
First of all make sure you're on alpha 16 because previous versions had some issues. If you're given a frame of 53 check the starting frame in the first windows (due to a bug it's not displayed on the search) and advance however many times you need to reach 53.

I'm trying to record as many of my perfect shiny spreads for eggs for later use since, for some reason, they take hours to generate in the time finder on my computer. What exactly do I copy down when doing this? In the adjacent seed finder, it looks like all you need is the exact time you're supposed to continue the game, but when I type that in I get different results than if I hit "generate adjacent seeds" on the seed I found in the time finder due to the difference in Timer0 numbers. How do I account for this? Do I even need to generate adjacent seeds at all and just strictly use the times and frames given to me from the timefinder?

I'm trying to record as many of my perfect shiny spreads for eggs for later use since, for some reason, they take hours to generate in the time finder on my computer. What exactly do I copy down when doing this? In the adjacent seed finder, it looks like all you need is the exact time you're supposed to continue the game, but when I type that in I get different results than if I hit "generate adjacent seeds" on the seed I found in the time finder due to the difference in Timer0 numbers. How do I account for this? Do I even need to generate adjacent seeds at all and just strictly use the times and frames given to me from the timefinder?
When I'm copying stuff down for future use, I generally copy down the full seed, the time and date, and the keypresses. If you're having trouble getting the adjacent seed thingy to work, just do a search in the time finder but make the search criteria very specific to reduce the time it would take to find the seed you're after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)