Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - NU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any good, FAST, special attackers in the tier? All the ones I find that are worth noting are Kadabra and Haunter, both of which are extremely frail.
Articuno and Charizard are good, provided you can keep Stealth Rock off the field. Gardevoir also has better defenses than Kadabra, as well as access to Focus Blast

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Are there any good, FAST, special attackers in the tier? All the ones I find that are worth noting are Kadabra and Haunter, both of which are extremely frail.
You're not going to find the 'perfect' special sweeper that's both fast and bulky in NU, because most of those belong to upper tiers. You can actually organize all of the Pokemon in NU by their Speed by clicking on this link and then clicking on the Spe tab on the top (it works for any of the stats, or even the typing!).

Some of my personal favorite fast special sweepers are Serperior (although it's not that good in this metagame because of Cinccino), Simipour, and Swoobat.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Rotom-S, Cinccino, Braviary, Sawk, and a few others iirc.
If Gorebyss is Timid then both Braviary and Sawk fail to outspeed it. They also fail to OHKO White Herb versions.

Any Pokemon with more than 298 or more speed (86 or more Base Speed assuming a speed boosting nature) can revenge kill even Timid Gorebyss as long as it can OHKO. Rotom-S, Cinccino (White Herb versions only after Stealth Rock), Zebstrika, Electabuzz, Haunter and Raichu all come to mind.

Im new to this. Can someone tell me how to connect to wifi on my DS lite. It says i have to change my security from WPA to WEP and i dont want to do this. Is there anyway to work around this or do i need to get a new DS?

The ds lite can only connect to wep so you're going to have to get a newer model of the ds that can connect to wpa if you're not willing to change your security.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do people only use subpar spinners like Wartortle because there's only one really viable spinner (Armaldo) and they can't find room for that?

I can only think of two reasons for why people use stuff like Wartortle. It's the only spinner available that isn't weak to SR (not counting Tyrogue for obvious reasons), and some people assume that Wartortle beats Golurk because Water-types > Ground-types. Even though Wartortle loses to it.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Do people only use subpar spinners like Wartortle because there's only one really viable spinner (Armaldo) and they can't find room for that?
A lot of bad players use Wartortle because it's not weak to Stealth Rock and can hit Golurk super effectively. However, it is a horrible bulky Water outside of Rapid Spinning and can't spin against Golurk half the time because Scald doesn't do enough and gets 2HKOed by Earthquake. Personally, I would never consider using it but some people do.

Other than Golurk, Wartortle can't beat SubDisable Haunter (Haunter's most common set atm) and it's just plain set-up fodder for CM or NP Misdreavus. It's lack of recovery and offensive pressure makes it a bad spinner. I'd also like to say that Torkoal is also a semi-viable spinner due to it actually doing something other than spinning such as setting up SR or checking certain pokemon due to its high physical bulk. It loses to Golurk obviously but Will-o-Wisp cripples Golurk greatly.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Your best bet would probably using Torkoal or Armaldo who both have good physical defense and beat Golurk switching in pretty well (Torkoal with Shell Smash mainly). Both of them are Stealth Rock weak, unfortunately.

Wartortle also has good defense but loses to Golurk more often than not so it's not that good of a spinner, but it's still usable.

Would Thunderbolt or Discharge be a viable option for Ampharos?
Both are viable options, it just depends on what role Ampharos has on your team. If you are using Ampharos for its good bulk and are playing it defensively I would use Discharge. If you are using Ampharos for its high Special Attack and using it offensively I would use Thunderbolt

Hey Lambo209, I would say that it depends on the set you are using. If you are using a move offensive set then thunderbolt is the way to go. If you are using a bulkier set, then i would personally use discharge because of its high paralysis rate.

Edit: Raseri, you ninja :D.

Would Quick Feet be a better option than Guts on Ursaring? I think that speed increases Ursaring's sweeping potential.

Zangoose already has much more Speed. If you want Speed, use it instead. Let Ursaring stick to what it is the king of: village crushing. Guts all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)