Help for new VGC organizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do team preview if you battle through the union room. Is the problem because there are too many players in the union room?
Most of the local tournaments that we run do use the union room.

But last year I had 64 players for the convention. I had to turn people away because we were under a tight time schedule. This year we increased the cap to 128 (doubt we will hit that many though)

But yeah, as you can see - the convention is way to large to have it run in the union room.

You can do a "Paper Team Preview" system as a workaround for the IR issue. We did this at states and a few local tournaments. Just require each person to fill out a little piece of paper with the species of each Pokemon on their team. When they meet their opponent, they have 90 seconds to trade paper and pull two Pokemon out of their battle box. Then they go into IR.

This won't be compatible with a Live Tournament, since it locks the battle box. But we didn't have the technology for that at the time.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why would anyone hack when they can just get their team from pokecheck?
As far as I'm concerned a lot of these pokemon where used in the tourney.
WiFi forum rules disallow Pokecheck account referring threads and the site isn't talked about as much as it could be; lots of people haven't heard of it.

For those wondering about the custom tournaments w/ lock&checking without IR boxes referred to on page 1, when there's a near finished product we'll be sure to let you know.

WiFi forum rules disallow Pokecheck account referring threads and the site isn't talked about as much as it could be; lots of people haven't heard of it.

For those wondering about the custom tournaments w/ lock&checking without IR boxes referred to on page 1, when there's a near finished product we'll be sure to let you know.
This. Is. Amazing. Thank you so much for this update.

I am looking to run one myself for a mini convention in mid-June (unofficial, of course using the VGC '13 rules) and I would love a local Pokecheck and willing to pay the bucks for that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)