Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If possible, avoid breeding in R/S. From what I've heard it's significantly more difficult.
Aww, damn... I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad...
Regardless of the difficulty, what are meant exactly by the 'egg held time' and 'egg pickup time'?
I figured that if I knew exactly the IV's of both parents and save in front of the person after 254 steps and take the 255th step at the 'egg held time', see if they have an egg, if so, then get the egg at 'egg pickup time'?

Hi, im beginning with RNG in the emerald edition. I didnt understood when does the frame counter begin advancing: when GAME BOY apperars on the screen? when u continue ur game?
When is the exact moment where the chronometer begin running? :/

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
When you SR it starts instantly.

Edit: Also it has nothing to do with actual time, but rather video frames displayed. That's before any other PRNG calls made due to NPCs, etc.

Well, Idk what means soft reset -.-' :(
when you switch off the NDS?
when you switch on the NDS?
when you switch continue your game?
I'm sorry for not understanding, I'm Spanish, so surely I would understand it in Spanish, but I have some trubles with that terms in english :(

I'm having a bit of trouble in the latest version of rng reporter. I'm trying to catch a wild Pokemon in HGSS. So I ran the time finder to find my method k seed. But when I paste the seed for the spread I want into the main window of rng reporter, set the method to K and click generate, I don't see my desired IV spread at all. Am I doing something wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm having a bit of trouble in the latest version of rng reporter. I'm trying to catch a wild Pokemon in HGSS. So I ran the time finder to find my method k seed. But when I paste the seed for the spread I want into the main window of rng reporter, set the method to K and click generate, I don't see my desired IV spread at all. Am I doing something wrong?
Need more information, e.g. what seed are you using and what spread are you trying to hit?

This is the seed I'm using: 6e0d094f
The time finder says it should be on frame 17, and give me 31/25/31/31/31/30
But it's completely nonexistent in the main window :/

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If what I found is correct, you need to set the Synchronize lead to Docile. But Docile is a worthless nature, so I strongly suggest looking for a different seed.

How do I search for Method 1 SEEDS for Emerald (Roamer Latios is Method H-1, right?) ?
Also, how do I use them in the main window of RNG Reporter.
I previously tried to search for Method H-1 (Gen 3) Spreads in the main window of RNG Reporter directly but didn't find a flawless spread, I don't want a Shiny one, just a normal flawless one.
I even tried Wichu's old PokeRNG but I couldn't figure out how to use the SEEDS in the main window of RNG reporter.

What do you mean by 'VERY HIGH FRAMES' when I can't even find a spread.
Can you also link me to the Bit Xor Calc ? The link in ShadowHunter's thread is dead.

2 questions about Emerald Breeding.

1:When exactly does the Egg generate it's IVs, and is that when I'm supposed to hit my frame?
2:Is shiny breeding possible in Emerald?

2 questions about Emerald Breeding.

1:When exactly does the Egg generate it's IVs, and is that when I'm supposed to hit my frame?
When you accept the egg from the old man, it is generated.
2:Is shiny breeding possible in Emerald?
Yes, but it is a huge pain on a cart.

@codebreaker
I believe Hozu meant that you will have to search frames that are like 500,000+ to even see a flawless spread, although near flawless spreads are easier to find, and perfect flawless iv are ridiculously high.

As to a method of finding a spread, you will just have to do guess and check work
as in you will have manually search for the spreads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)