Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Oh, that's cool, I don't mind waiting for the name change. You get to name it Avogadro, by the way. Yeahhhhh, I couldn't resist. I don't care if it's a boy or not.

King Serperior, it seems that everyone has forgotten your gauntlet :( i hope your still doing it. i was just going back to the beginning, (i dunno why) and i saw that you still need 2 more challenges. Here's one:

You must have at least two pokemon on your team that have more than one possible evolution. (ex: eevee, poliwhirl, kirlia, etc.) For a pokemon with two choices, flip a coin. Heads is the one you want, tails is the one you don't (honors system). For Eevee, just take the nature. +SpA=Espeon, +Atk=Flareon, +Def=Vaporeon, +SpD=Vaporeon, +Spe=Jolteon. If it has a neutral nature, flip a coin. Head=leafeon, tails=glaceon. i hope this reminds people of your gauntlet so you can get it going.

Thanks, but I am drowning in College work. I can't :(

Jimera0, your pokemon must use their first move before any others from the end of getting one badge to the end of getting the next. (Is this one-time? I'm not sure)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
HoiPolloi, after you complete Burgh's gym, for the entire duration until you hit the Badge Check Gates, you may only have one pokemon in your party.
My "Hard difficulty" = Your "Insane difficulty" :D

Also Ziposaki... *facepalm*

Jimera0, your pokemon must use their first move before any others from the end of getting one badge to the end of getting the next. (Is this one-time? I'm not sure)
No that's not really what I meant. I don't want additional restrictions that apply all the time, even if it is for a rather arbitrary time (with this being Kanto I could easily fight one gym leader then immediately another, avoiding the restriction almost entirely). Also the wording of it is rather ambiguous. Technically, my Pokemon always use their first move before they use their others because otherwise that means they're never doing anything. I assume you mean I need to use the move in the top left hand corner of the movebox first before I can use other moves though.

So anyway, I'm going to have to reject this challenge as is. One time means like a challenge for a specific area or battle, rather than a period of time. At least, that's what I meant for my specific challenge.

On the other hand I'll gladly accept KS' challenge, however it does seem a little easy. Maybe you want to up the challenge a little bit?

So with that one, I still need 2 more one time challenges and 1 game long challenge before I can resume! I see some of you on here haven't given me any yet, so if you haven't I'd much appreciate it if you did! Details here.

Hey, Jim, here's one for you:

When you battle Will, none of your pokemon are allowed to hold items. They are afraid his psychics will steal them.
On the other hand I'll gladly accept KS' challenge, however it does seem a little easy. Maybe you want to up the challenge a little bit?

Hmm...lets see......Ok, all Will's pokemon know Psychic. Your pokemon must survive at least one psychic before being able to deal direct damage to that mon. Note that if your Hypno takes a Psychic from Jynx and KO's her, he must take another before he can attack the next mon. Switching out removes this, so that mon must take another Psychic to directly attack.

Is this better?

Hmm...lets see......Ok, all Will's pokemon know Psychic. Your pokemon must survive at least one psychic before being able to deal direct damage to that mon. Note that if your Hypno takes a Psychic from Jynx and KO's her, he must take another before he can attack the next mon. Switching out removes this, so that mon must take another Psychic to directly attack.

Is this better?
Interesting, but I'm already seeing a loophole I can abuse. That's alright though because said loophole requires me to rely on one Pokemon a lot. It also means that I won't be able to use a couple of my psychic weak Pokemon at all.

I'll take it, sure.

I think i'll make my base post here.

No Ground or Fire moves in manmade structures changed to damaging to make it easier
Can't use starter against SE gyms
Only gen1 items
No KOing wild pokemon past Brock

Tremor the Diglett can use ground-type moves only 40 times and must solo 2 gym leaders with 2 susceptible pokemon Difficult because of first gauntlet

Rolly the Voltorb loves rolling, must learn Rollout+Self-Destruct ASAP, if contact misses, explode Not too bad, let's not get contact moves

3 the Squirtle must learn HM3 and TM3, solo #3 + #6 gym leaders, #3 E4 at 3-divisible level Because of other restrictions, I will battle Erika third, not Surge, and won't fight Sabrina 6th

Storm the Pidgey learn fly + 2 STABs ASAP, fight Giovanni + gym trainers that are NVE to evolve once each

Mimien the Mr. Mime can only learn moves Kadabra can learn. He must solo Sabrina.

Kind the Growlithe must know 1 non-damaging attack which it uses if it sees the opponant go under half health, no 4* effective attacks, no fighting grass types, no switching out, switch in Kind if ally is at red health. Must solo Giovanni on Silph.

Interesting, but I'm already seeing a loophole I can abuse. That's alright though because said loophole requires me to rely on one Pokemon a lot. It also means that I won't be able to use a couple of my psychic weak Pokemon at all.

I'll take it, sure.
Hey, Jim, I know your loophole, but it isn't there. Remember what I said: Your pokemon must survive at least one psychic.

In order to survive, it has to take a hit and that means being delt damage. Sorry, but I thought I had made that clear >_>

Are you guys talking about just using Umbreon or something as a loophole? I wasn't sure; you guys are talking vaguely. Because technically "surviving" an attack seems to me like you get hit with the attack and don't faint. Anyways, you could just use status moves or something. Though you only have Confuse Ray...

HoiPolloi, after you complete Burgh's gym, for the entire duration until you hit the Badge Check Gates, you may only have one pokemon in your party.
My "Hard difficulty" = Your "Insane difficulty" :D
That's really hard. Unfortunately it is somewhat colliding with Yarnus' challenge and I would probably solo the whole game, which kind of hampers the fun. The difficulty level is nice, but the challenge doesn't really fit, so I'm rejecting your it.
Do you have another one?

Wow, Ziposaki, you're a nerd. No offense, I'm very much a nerd myself. I'm just apparently younger than you by at least a few years. That was really confusing to me lol. But I just looked for Avogadro and found the name and read a little bit, so i get it.

And Yarnus, what about my Mr.Mime? Here is the link: Mimien the Mr.Mime/Kadabra

Nah, I can pretty much guarantee I'm younger than you. Mainly my sister influenced me, she learned it and passed it onto me. Mainly she force-teaches me astronomy stuff though, she loves it.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Sorry HoiPolloi, here's an alteration.

After Lenora, you may only have two or less Pokemon on your team at the same time.

Or if that's still too screwed up, how about:
You must buy 5 drinks from every vending machine you come across.

Sorry HoiPolloi, here's an alteration.

After Lenora, you may only have two or less Pokemon on your team at the same time.

Or if that's still too screwed up, how about:
You must buy 5 drinks from every vending machine you come across.
Thanks. I'm taking the first one.

I still need 2 more one time challenges and 1 game long challenge before I can resume! I see some of you on here haven't given me any yet, so if you haven't I'd much appreciate it if you did! Details here.

Yes, I did just copy and paste that. Still waiting here!

Jimera0, because Koga's room is forest-like, you may only use Pokemon who can be found in forests when fighting him. For example, in your current team, you won't be able to use Quilava/Typhlosion, Quagsire, or Umbreon.

Jimera0, because Koga's room is forest-like, you may only use Pokemon who can be found in forests when fighting him. For example, in your current team, you won't be able to use Quilava/Typhlosion, Quagsire, or Umbreon.
Alright, that works! So now I need just one more one time challenge and 1 whole game challenge. Again, details are here.

@Jimera0

Challenge for fighting Morty, the first move of any kind you can use against any of his pokemon has to be ground just to make sure that his pokemon have the ability levitate. If any pokemon is put asleep by hypnosis they must not switch out until they wake or alternatively they can be switched out and not be used for the remainder of the battle. Also if any of your pokemon have mean look used on them they cannot be used for the remainder of the battle after they have made their opponent faint. You have 4 pokemon for this challenge and their levels may not exceed 25 and their special defence must be lower than either of their attack stats.

@Jimera: I'll give you a one-time challenge. I'll give you one regarding Lugia, because you've already got some for the Elite 4 and it's kind of vague which order you're fighting them in, so...

For a guardian of the seas, Lugia's weird. Psychic/Flying, really? I can understand Psychic for whirlpools, but Flying? Hello, that's what Levitate's for. Do you really need Pressure anyways? I mean, is the Flying just to spite Ho-oh or something? That's cruel. It's not like Ho-oh's a Water/Flying to spite you. Anyways, Aeroblast won't mind being Water. Just change the name.

So, to help this lesson stick, you need to defeat Lugia using only Water type moves, just to show how superior of a type it is so Lugia can gain some sense the hard way. And by Water-type moves, I mean status moves too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)