Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Crtl + F lied to me!!

Thanks for the help,IAR.

Edit: Hum....the dodge command isnt explained too well,what is the mathematical formula to determine a move`s new accuracy when a pokemon is ordered to Dodge?
Base Dodge + ((User's Speed - Opponent's Speed) / 5) + Accuracy boosting value from user's +Spe Nature / - 10EVA drop from -Spe Nature

Base Dodge is worked out from the pokemon's size class - look up size class info in the DAT. The slash between the thing about +speed nature and the thing about -speed nature means "one or the other", not "divide", and it depends on the nature the dodging pokemon has.

In Trick Room, it's Opponent's Speed - User's Speed and you subtract if the dodging mon has a +speed nature or add if the dodging mon has a -speed nature.

If the attacking pokemon has its accuracy modified by, say, Mud-Slap, those modifiers work the same way as they do in-game and I think they are calculated after the dodge formula bit.

Two questions: one relates to CAP ASB, while the other... well, relates to a system that it uses for communication.

One of my Poke'mon is near to unlocking Klutz. I was wondering... how do training items interact with that ability? Does Klutz have to be off the entire battle to get the bonus? Or can one have Klutz off only a little for the bonus to be gained?

Is it normal for the mIRC download program to trigger a computer's anti-virus program to prevent heading to a page which contains said download? I took a look at trying to get the mIRC program the other day so I could ask the first question on the #capasb channel, but... well, the second question explains it.

Oh, also:

I still didn't manage catch up to all the changes, so I need to ask:

Say I use a pokemon on a RP (Battle Hall or Battle Subway to be more specific). Can I also use it on battles or not?
Hall and Subway yes. TLR no.
Actually, from what I read, the Hall is also locking. That means, if you have a Poke'mon being used elswhere, you cannot use it in the Hall (otherwise, I'd have Itsumo back in there already). The Subway still does not have this limitation.

The Battle Hall - Challenge Signups (Mk. II) said:
A trainer who enters will submit one (or two in doubles) of their Pokemon. This Pokemon can not be substituted out, nor can the Pokemon be used outside of the hall until the challenge ends. A trainer may not enter this challenge twice simultaneously. If you've already taken the challenge, it's usually a good idea to wait a while until challenging the hall again. The challenge will NOT take up one of the slots of the three consecutive battle limit. This means a trainer can enter even if they are already in three battles.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Two questions: one relates to CAP ASB, while the other... well, relates to a system that it uses for communication.

One of my Pokemon is near to unlocking Klutz. I was wondering... how do training items interact with that ability? Does Klutz have to be off the entire battle to get the bonus? Or can one have Klutz off only a little for the bonus to be gained?
Does not matter.
Is it normal for the mIRC download program to trigger a computer's anti-virus program to prevent heading to a page which contains said download? I took a look at trying to get the mIRC program the other day so I could ask the first question on the #capasb channel, but... well, the second question explains it.
I do not use mIRC, so idk. If you are paranoid about downloads, then just use Mibbit which is in-browser & requires no downloads.
Actually, from what I read, the Hall is also locking. That means, if you have a Poke'mon being used elswhere, you cannot use it in the Hall (otherwise, I'd have Itsumo back in there already). The Subway still does not have this limitation.
The quoted ruling is confirmed by MK to be outdated - He is too lazy to update anything other than the ref list. ONLY TLR "Locks" (And ASB MD once the beta is over), & nothing else does. Also, Doubles Halls were outlawed ages ago.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Aerial Ace cannot miss due to evasive tactics. The only reason it will ever miss is if the opponent is in the semi-invulnerable stage of fly, dig, shadow force, bounce, or dive.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I'd like a definitive ruling on Fake Out flinches. If a pokemon uses Fake Out twice in a switch=KO match, but on different opponents, does Fake Out flinch on both?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I'd like a definitive ruling on Fake Out flinches. If a pokemon uses Fake Out twice in a switch=KO match, but on different opponents, does Fake Out flinch on both?
DAT said:
Fake Out: The Pokémon strikes the opponent with immense swiftness using their hands/paws, creating a shock-wave of air that pushes the opponent back, causing them to flinch. In Switch=KO, Fake Out fails to flinch the same Pokemon twice after its initial use, even if resetting effects like Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Roar, U-turn, Teleport, Volt Switch, or Whirlwind used by it or against it, but can still be used in succession. In Switch=OK, Fake Out may flinch each opponent one time, but will not flinch the same target again unless both the user and initial target have switched out between uses. Fake Out is the fastest priority attack, beating out even ExtremeSpeed.

Attack Power: 4 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 4 | Attack Type: Physical | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: Yes | Typing: Normal | Priority: 3 | CT: Set
i.e. Flinch on both.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Because Objection (or someone else) said once that for adherence to ingame precedence it would make the most sense for fake out to fail when used twice by the same Pokemon, irrespective of targets

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Because Objection (or someone else) said once that for adherence to ingame precedence it would make the most sense for fake out to fail when used twice by the same Pokemon, irrespective of targets
If we were following in-game precedence, then we would not have decimalised HP, -1 Priority Perish Song, outlawed Perish-Turning, Protect/Detect failing when used consecutively, etc.

ASB Precedence ≠ In-game precedence, & in ASB, Fake Out does not fail when used consecutively. Therefore, your answer lies in my previous post. It fails to flinch the same Pokemon Twice, but it can flinch different Pokemon in successive actions, as quoted below:
In Switch=KO, Fake Out fails to flinch the same Pokemon twice after its initial use, even if resetting effects like Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Roar, U-turn, Teleport, Volt Switch, or Whirlwind used by it or against it, but can still be used in succession.

If Nature Power is used at the ASB arena,what does it turns into?

The fact that said arena is artificial leads me to believe it becomes Tri-Attack,but both Kaxtar and Jesseus (Who are far more experienced than i am) seem to believe it turns into EQ.

Disable never interrupts an ongoing Outrage, regardless of who is using Outrage. It does stop the pokemon from performing another outrage after its current one ends.

A high base power attack can interrupt an Outrage from a non-dragon-type, but dragon-types' Outrages cannot be interrupted in this manner. As evidence, I cite this from the STAB definition in the DAT:

Uncontrollable Attacks: Pokemon will not be subject to the disruption of Petal Dance, Outrage, and Thrash when hit by moves with greater than 12 Base Attack Power.
Yeah, guys, STAB means more than +3 BAP and -1 energy.

Frosty

=_=
thanks Deadfox.

next question (I am still trying to catch up so please bear with me):

I saw people using 1, 2 and 3 substitutions on many ocasions. Back when I left people were talking about enabling a second substitution based on movepool. But then I heard it was based on evo stage so I am confused as hell, hence the question:

What are the substitution rules right now? On a stardand battle, how many action subs I can make (ignoring KO and other subs)?

Substitutions are usually set in the rules of a battle when first stated (IE I always state 2 subs in all my battles) However if they are NOT set it is generally 2 subs in a FE battle and 1 sub in an NFE battle. Also if you want to know for RPs you can usually findit he number of subs in the Data or signup thread of the RP

Substitution rules right now state that you determine the amount of substitutions before you battle, listed with the rest of the battle rules in th BT, in RPs though, the number is set.

EDIT: Screw ninjas :P

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Does switching remove the effects of sluggish?

EDIT: Also, I believe this was tested ago and I'd just like to clarify. Does Expert Belt apply to a fire attack used on a heatproof pokemon?

Thanks....another question.

If a pokemon with -1 accuracy uses a move with 100% Accuracy,whats the new percentage?
Addtionaly,is there a chart or list of some sort i can use for refference regarding Accuracy/Evasion boosts?

Iirc the way to tell accuracy boosts/drops is you start with 3/3
For every boost you add 1 to the numerator, for every drop you add 1 to the denominator

(IE a -1acc for a 100 acc move will become 3/4 or 75%)

Evasion modifiers are just opposite

So ,using that formula,i can see the hit percentage when compared to the original number?
For example,a - 1acc for a 90 acc will become 75% of what it was before,wich would equal 83%? Likewise,a +1cc for a 90acc will become 13% more accurate (4/3),bringing it to 100%? Or did i misunderstand it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)