Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Thunderbolt

Role: Revenge Killer
What it does: Scarf Rotom outruns the majority of the tier, and can revenge kill many threats with it's combination of Electric- and Ghost-type STAB moves. Vot Switch is what makes Rotom a truly excellent Scarfer, allowing its user to gain momentum if the opponent switches. Trick can cripple walls, such as Clefable and Ferroseed, that try to come in to wall Rotom. Rotom can also spinblock against Pokemon such as Sandslash, and can utilize its Ground- and Fighting-type immunities very well.
Good teammates: Entry hazard support is beneficial, since Rotom can force the opponent to switch around utilizing Volt Switch. Rapid Spin support is also helpful, as it makes sure that Rotom can come in as many times as possible. Rotom can be a good teammate for teams that allow for set-up opportunities, as it can revenge kill many boosting threats in the RU tier.
Counters: Rotom is hard countered by Pokemon such as Clefable, Lanturn, and Ferroseed (outside of Trick), and being choice-locked means that it is easy fodder for Spiritomb. Ground-types, especially Nidoqueen, can also put Rotom in a bad position, leaving it choice-locked into Volt switch and forcing the user to switch.

[SET]
Sceptile (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Role: Physical Sweeper
What it does: Swords Dance Sceptile provides a nice change from the standard Special Life Orb variant, thus allowing it to completely catch the opponent off guard and have a chance at sweeping their team. Between Leaf Blade, Earthquake, and Acrobatics, few Pokemon can actually stand up to Sceptile after a Swords Dance. What makes it even better is that it is virtually impossible to outspeed after Acrobatics is used, as Unburden will double its speed once the Flying Gem is consumed. This allows it to do major damage to both offensive and stall teams alike, stall teams being handled relatively easily after the Steel-types are removed.
Good teammates: Pokemon such as Magneton and Gothitelle are good partners for this set, as they can remove troublesome physically defensive Steel-types that can plague this set, such as Steelix and Ferroseed. Entry hazard support from the likes of Smeargle is also appreciated, as it makes Sceptile's job of sweeping even easier. Pokemon such as Absol, which can set up on things that can revenge kill this Sceptile, such as Spiritomb, are also appreciated.
Counters: Physically defensive Steel-types are the main problem for this set. Steelix, Ferroseed, and Metang all can stop this set easily. Also, even though Sceptile can boost its speed to ridiculous levels, it is still very susceptible to priority. This means that Pokemon such as Absol, Entei, and Spiritomb can make quick work of Sceptile with their respective priority moves.

[SET]
Linoone (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Pickup
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Smash / Seed Bomb
- Belly Drum

What it does: Linoone sets up a Belly Drum and starts devastating the opposition. Nothing likes taking a +6 boosted ExtremeSpeed, especially if Linoone is equipped with a Silk Scarf. Ghost-types can also be easily dismantled using Shadow Claw, while Steel-types, such as Aggron, take massive damage forom Rock Smash. Seed Bomb devastates Pokemon such as Regirock, and can also stop Quagsire in its tracks. Linoone can easily set up a Belly Drum vs many walls, including Slowking and bulky Cryogonal. Offensive teams usually get immediately swept by Linoone, as there are few things that can STAB up to Linoone's boosted onslaught.
Good teammates: Dual Screen support is helpful since it allows Linoone to set up much more easily, and in a much wider variety of circumstances. Pokemon such as Gothitelle and Magneton are also greatly appreciated, as they can knock out troublesome walls, such as Steelix and Tangrowth, for Linoone, thus making it even easier for it to sweep.
Counters: Physically defensive Steel-types are Linoone's worst enemy. Steelix laughs at Linoone's +6 Rock Smash, only taking 35% from it. Spiritomb is also a problem, as it is immune to ExtremeSpeed and can either destroy Linoone with Sucker Punch, or catch it on the switch and nab it with Pursuit. Choice Scarf Ghost-types also stop Linoone in its tracks, as they can outspeed it and destroy it with their STAB moves.

I've always wondered: why is Superpower the fighting move of choice for Druddigon? He tends to be the slowest 'mon on the field anyway so why not Revenge?

[SET]
Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Role: Special Sweeper
What it Does: Mesprit is a very good Calm Mind sweeper, being able to outrun a lot of threats while being bulky enough to take some attacks, as well as being able to hit very hard after a boost. Very few things can stand up to Mesprit's excellent coverage, especially if it has a sub up. Special walls aren't even safe, as Mesprit can use Psyshock to easily knock out threats such as Cryogonal. If Mesprit runs Substitute with Leftovers, it can easily set up a sub against many walls, such as Slowking, and boost until to its heart's content.
Good Teammates: Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Smeargle is always appreciated, as it makes Mesprit even more deadly. Gothitelle and Magneton are also good partners, as they can eliminate pesky Steel-types, such as Ferroseed and Escavalier, that can hinder Mesprit's sweep. A Pokemon that can set up on Spiritomb, such as Absol, is also a good partner, as Spiritomb is one of the best ways to take out Mesprit.
Counters: Escavalier, especially specially defensive variants, can stop Mesprit in its tracks. Ferroseed can also be a nuisance to it with Leech Seed, provided Mesprit is using Ice Beam > Substitute. Spiritomb is also a problem, being able to KO Mesprit with Sucker Punch or knock it out on the switch with Pursuit.

[SET]
Poliwrath (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Role: Physical Wall
What it Does: Poliwrath is an excellent counter to many of the top physical threats in RU. It stops Pokemon such as Kabutops, Entei, Escavalier, Drapion, and Crawdaunt extremely easily. It is also nearly impossible to set up on, as Circle throw can phaze out the opponent and rack up entry hazard damage. Poliwrath can also spread status around the opposing team using Scald, thus cripple common switch-ins, such as Qwilfish. It also doesn't really mind status due to RestTalk, making it even harder to take down.
Good Teammates: Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Ferroseed is very helpful, as Poliwrath can rack up a lot of entry hazard damage using Circle Throw. Poliwrath is best used on a stall team, with walls that can sponge hits it can't, such as a Psychic from Mesprit or a Thunderbolt from Nidoqueen. Rapid Spin support is also helpful, as entry hazards make it harder for Poliwrath to switch in and take attacks, so Pokemon such as Cryogonal are good partners; Cryogonal is especially good because it can sponge a lot of special attacks that Poliwrath can't take on. A cleric, such as Lanturn, is also a good partner, especially because it can get rid of the sleep from Rest that might otherwise be a nuisance to Poliwrath.
Counters: Special attackers are Poliwrath's worst enemy. Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Mesprit can do major damage with their STAB moves; Mesprit is especially annoying since it can set up a Substitute and Calm Mind on Poliwrath. Lilligant can do the same, setting up Quiver Dances easily, as Poliwrath cannot afford to stay in since it is KO'd by Giga Drain. Moltres can also come in and use Substitute, which is especially effective is Poliwrath is sleeping, as Sleep Talk would only give it a 1/3 chance to pick Scald. Entry hazards can also plague Poliwrath, as they make it much harder for it to take a lot of hits.

Carracosta (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

What it Does: Carracosta can set up a Shell Smash on a variety of Pokemon, and then proceed to rampage through their team. Life Orb Stone Edge hits ridiculously hard as +2, and is easily enough to KO most of the tier. Tangrowth is one of the only Pokemon who can survive it, and it is massacred by Ice Beam; because of this, this set is a very good Tangrowth lure as well. Aqua Jet allows Carracosta to knock out Pokemon such as Kabutops and Absol that would otherwise revenge kill it with priority moves, as well as Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Rotom that outrun Carracosta even after a shell Smash. Waterfall isn't really needed since Stone Edge KOs most of the tier anyway.
Good Teammates: Pokemon such as Gothitelle, Spiritomb, and Magneton are all great partners for this set, as they can all trap dangerous threats to this set, such as Ferroseed, Steelix, and Sceptile. Entry hazard support from the likes of Smeargle is also appreciated, as entry hazards allow Carracosta to become even more threatening. Pokemon with Trick, such as Choice Scarf Gothitelle and Choice Scarf Rotom-C, are also good options, as they can lure in attacks that Carracosta can use to set up on. Rapid Spin support is also appreciated, as it will allow Carracosta to make the most use of its bulk.
Counters: Ferroseed can shut down this set relatively easily, although it is hampered by the fact that it has no reliable recovery moves. Steelix can take any hit and KO with Earthquake; however, +2 Ice Beam 2HKOs. Carracosta's main problem is that, even after a Shell Smash, it is still pretty slow, which means that Pokemon such as Sceptile and Scarf Rotom-C can easily outrun and KO it.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Ice Beam / Substitute
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

What it Does: Mesprit is a very good Calm Mind sweeper, being able to outrun a lot of threats while being bulky enough to take some attacks, as well as being able to hit very hard after a boost. Very few things can stand up to Mesprit's excellent coverage, especially if it has +1 with a Life Orb. Special walls aren't even safe, as Mesprit can use Psyshock to easily knock out threats such as Cryogonal. If Mesprit runs Substitute with Leftovers, it can easily set up a sub against many walls, such as Slowking, and boost until to its heart's content.
Good Teammates: Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Smeargle is always appreciated, as it makes Mesprit even more deadly. Gothitelle and Magneton are also good partners, as they can eliminate pesky Steel-types, such as Ferroseed and Escavalier, that can hinder Mesprit's sweep. A Pokemon that can set up on Spiritomb, such as Absol, is also a good partner, as Spiritomb is one of the best ways to take out Mesprit.
Counters: Escavalier, especially specially defensive variants, can stop Mesprit in its tracks. Ferroseed can also be a nuisance to it with Leech Seed, provided Mesprit is using Ice Beam > Substitute. Spiritomb is also a problem, being able to KO Mesprit with Sucker Punch or knock it out on the switch with Pursuit.
Love SubCM Mesprit. It seriously seems like an underrated threat, though I do use Modest since Mesprit naturally outruns Modest Nidoqueen. Anyway, a different take on Druddigon that's quite effective:

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Glare
move 3: Dragon Tail / Roar
move 4: Dragon Claw / Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Rough Skin
nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Role: Physical Wall / Hazard Setter
What it Does: While Druddigon is the best offensive Dragon type in RU, one shouldn't forget about its defenses. 77 / 90 / 90 defenses are pretty good in RU and this allows Druddigon to go with a more defensive set. Its odd movepool also sets Druddigon apart from other walls in the tier. Stealth Rock is the move that makes this set a lot more viable. Due to Druddigon's offensive nature, it's quite easy to force a switch to get Rocks up. What makes Druddigon so effective as a SR user is its ability to keep the top 2 spinners from spinning away its own hazards effectively. Cryo is unable to handle Druddigon's STAB moves while Kabutops is unable to break through Druddigon's defenses AND spin away hazards after Glare is used. Speaking of Glare, this is a rarely seen move that Druddigon can put to good use. It's also able to get through and paralyze the likes of Manectric and Electivire. Dragon Tail is a STAB phazing move that gets through Taunt. However, Roar can be used should you be more concerned about Sub users like Gallade or Crawdaunt. Dragon Claw is a solid fit for the last slot. It's a reliable STAB move that Druddigon can use to finish off a weakened physical threat like Entei or Feraligatr. It's highly recommended to use Dragon Claw should you opt to use Roar as your phazing move so you aren't complete Taunt bait. However, if you use Dragon Tail as your phazing move, Substitute is a viable move as it allows Druddigon to become a more effective ParaShuffler, ala Dragonite in OU.
Good Teammates: Lanturn and Cryogonal are both excellent choices. Lanturn can provide additional paralysis support as well as cleric support as Druddigon loathes status. Cryogonal counters most special attackers, resists Ice type moves, and can spin away entry hazards. The latter is the most helpful as Druddigon has no recovery to combat entry hazard damage it takes each time it comes in. Spikes users like Qwilfish and Roselia are solid options to make Druddigon's phazing move that much more effective. Wish users such as Alomomola and Clefable give Druddigon a reliable way to recover HP. Cleaners to take advantage of a weakened team are also effective teammates for more balanced teams. So, things like Entei, Manectric, and Sceptile will have few issues sweeping through a team ravaged by paralysis and residual damage caused by Druddigon.
Counters: Steel types in general will cause problems to Druddigon. If running Dragon Tail, Klingklang is easily the worst as it can setup all over Druddigon. Otherwise, the phazing move will determine what can setup on Druddigon. With Dragon Tail, Sub users such as the aforementioned Klingklang, Mesprit, and Gallade will cause problems. If Roar is used, Taunt users such as Aerodactyl, Drapion, and the lesser seen Samurott will become serious problems.
Extra Comments: This set can easily go Specially Defensive and it's arguably more effective due to Druddigon's set of resistances. If DC and other mods so desire, I'll put up this set as a specially defensive set too. (Remove this part if that's the case) As a physical wall, you should choose Druddigon over Poliwrath should you need your physical wall to be more versatile. Poliwrath spreads burns and phazes while Druddigon spreads paralysis, phazes, and sets up SR.

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Glare
move 3: Dragon Tail / Roar
move 4: Dragon Claw / Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Rough Skin
nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
I think that Specially Defensive is better since it can take much more threats than physical does such as Sceptile, Manectric, Accelgor, Slowking, Magmortar, Galvantula and others.

• I don't really think that Medicham is good, as there are Ghost-types everywhere and like Double01 said, it's outclassed by Gallade, who can handle Ghost-types. The most popular Cofagrigus atm is probably the wall set, and the other Ghost, Spiritomb, will OHKO Medicham after Life Orb and Stealth Rock.
  • ShakeItUp's Spiritomb is good, but definitely slash Return in the last slot. Also please export your sets from PO >_>
  • Lolcat's Hitmonlee is pretty good!
  • Slash Will-O-Wisp on ShakeItUp's Scarf Rotom, as it's a really nice bluff. Sceptile is decent, as is Linoone.
  • Mesprit should definitely be: Calm Mind, Substitute, Psyshock, and Ice Beam instead. Poli and Carracosta are good!
  • And I agree that Druddigon should be changed to a specially defensive set, like Slory said. Let's here what other people think :p

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Druddigon's Electric, Fire, Water, and Grass resists make specially defensive a preferred choice imo - that's what I am personally running to fortify my team's defense against Grass-types.

Physical defensive investment is certainly useful to deal with physical Water-types like Feraligatr, Kabutops, and Crawdaunt, though (and I guess against Entei, too).

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Physical defensive investment is certainly useful to deal with physical Water-types like Feraligatr, Kabutops, and Crawdaunt, though (and I guess against Entei, too).
Yeah, this is the reason I run the physically defensive set on my team as I already have solid defenses against special attacks, but I needed something to handle physical water types and Entei. Like I said in Extra Comments, I don't have any problems with putting up a Specially Defensive set as well, but I have had quite a bit of success with that physically defensive set. Rarely wins me games, but relieves me of a lot of headaches I would otherwise have with the team it's on and makes life much easier for the likes of Entei and Moltres who don't generally like Aqua Jet users like Feraligatr and Kabutops.

• I don't really think that Medicham is good, as there are Ghost-types everywhere and like Double01 said, it's outclassed by Gallade, who can handle Ghost-types. The most popular Cofagrigus atm is probably the wall set, and the other Ghost, Spiritomb, will OHKO Medicham after Life Orb and Stealth Rock.
You haven't elaborated how it is outclassed by gallade. I also don't see how gallade is getting through the likes of spiritomb and defensive cofagrigus any easier than medicham is. I really don't see how this set is unviable.

Gallate can power through Ghost-types with a SD-boosted Night Slash, while Medicham has virtually no way of breaking through the likes of Spiritomb. Gallade also possesses greater bulk, and a better priority move in the form of Shadow Sneak. I wouldn't say Medicham is unviable, but it's really hard to justify its use when Gallade and Spiritomb are in the tier.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You haven't elaborated how it is outclassed by gallade. I also don't see how gallade is getting through the likes of spiritomb and defensive cofagrigus any easier than medicham is. I really don't see how this set is unviable.
Gallade can get past both Spiritomb and Cofagrigus, because it has SD, so with a moveset of SD, Drain Punch, Zen Headbutt, and Stone Edge. Cofagrigus is 2hkoed by Zen Headbutt at +2, and you have Lum Berry for the WoW while you can easily tank one Shadow Ball, and Spiritomb is ohkoed by SE after SR + Spikes 50% of the time, or surely if it has taken any prior damage, while again you can tank even one CB Shadow Sneak. Medicham cannot even hope to do those things, and is fucked up by Cofagrigus, because even if he could 2hko with its power, it wouldn't be able because of Mummy.

Ok guys, everything is up to date! Some changes that should be made:

EonX-: Druddigon should be specially defensive and slashed Substitute > Stealth Rock because we already had a hazard user Druddigon in the OP. Also slash the defensive EVs and add some stuff about what both EV spreads do. Also please follow the format in the OP and export the set from Pokemon Online. Then I'll add it!

I didn't include Medicham yet because I don't really think it should be used over Gallade, and I haven't heard many other people arguing for it. I'll probably end up adding it eventually though if no one else objects!

EonX

Battle Soul
Backed by popular demand (sort of) here's the last Druddigon set as a Specially Defensive set, with slash changes requested by DC.

Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute / Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Dragon Tail / Roar
- Dragon Claw

Role: Special Wall

What it Does: While Druddigon is the best offensive Dragon type in RU, one shouldn't forget about its defenses. 77 / 90 / 90 defenses are pretty good in RU and this allows Druddigon to go with a more defensive set. Its odd movepool also sets Druddigon apart from other walls in the tier. Its well placed resistances to Water, Grass, Fire, and Electric allow it to be a great special wall capable of checking the likes of Sceptile, Manectric, Magmortar, and Rotom-C. Substitute is used to shield Druddigon from otherwise debilitating status such as poison or burn. Glare is a cool paralysis move that isn't widely distributed and it allows Druddigon to safely come in and paralyze many special attackers such as Manectric, Sceptile, and Lilligant. The choice between Dragon Tail and Roar comes down to what you want to phaze through. Dragon Tail is preferred as Druddigon's base 120 Attack stat will make it sting quite a bit after STAB. However, if Sub users such as Sceptile, Mesprit, and Uxie are of more concern to your team, Roar is perfectly viable. Dragon Claw is the preferred last move as it gives Druddigon a reliable STAB move to work with. Stealth Rock can be used if you can't fit another user on your team, but Druddigon has good synergy with most common users of the move.

Good Teammates: Lanturn and Cryogonal are good teammates as both resist Ice attacks and provide additional specially defensive support. Lanturn has access to Heal Bell to cure Druddigon of annoying status while Cryogonal provides Rapid Spin support and has reliable recovery. Speaking of recovery, Wish support is really good since Druddigon doesn't have reliable recovery. Clefable and Alomomola are the most notable thanks to their high HP stats and additional support. Poliwrath is a good partner who can continue the phazing process should Druddigon drag out a physical attacker it would rather not deal with. Hazard support is great to further support Druddigon's phazing tactics. Uxie and Steelix are both reliable SR users while Qwilfish is a good defensive Spiker. All 3 can take most physical attacks aimed at Druddigon.

What Counters It: Klinklang is public enemy #1. It resists Druddigon's STAB, has Sub to block Glare and Dragon Tail, and Shift Gear to boost up and sweep Druddigon's team. If Druddigon lacks Dragon Tail, it will struggle against bulky Taunt users like Drapion (who can also set up SD) Tangrowth generally doesn't care about paralysis since it's slow anyway and can incapacitate Druddigon or the switch-in with Sleep Powder. Escavalier and Aggron don't mind paralysis either and will have no issues with throwing out a powerful Megahorn or Head Smash respectively. Hard hitting physical attackers such as Gallade, Feraligatr, and Crawdaunt can usually punch through Druddigon but a well-timed Glare can cripple them for the match.

Additional Info: Although Druddigon's resistances are better for taking special attacks, Druddigon's equal defenses can allow it to go physically defensive. When Druddigon adopts a physically defensive spread (252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def EV spread with an Impish nature should be used) Druddigon can check powerful physical attackers such as Entei and Kabutops. This also allows Druddigon to abuse Rough Skin more effectively and force Entei to take a copious amount of damage from using Flare Blitz. However, Druddigon's resistances are better fit for taking special attacks, so the physically defensive spread should only be used should your team need an answer to the likes of Crawdaunt, Entei, or Kabutops. You also must ask yourself if Poliwrath, a Pokemon with much better physical resistances, would be a better fit for your team. Physically Defensive Druddigon is certainly viable and effective, but just know that the Specially Defensive spread will generally benefit Druddigon more.

Wow, almost felt like doing an analysis lol.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Quality submission, EonX.

Talking about Kabutops in PotW reminded me of Swift Swimmers of RU, so I'm gonna post them:

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly or Adamant
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge / Superpower

What it Does: Kabutops dominates RU in the Rain. Thanks to Rain Dance, it does not need to rely on 40 bp Aqua Jet and Stone Miss to sweep. Swift Swim makes it virtually the fastest mon in the tier while it's raining, and Waterfall is now a 120 bp move with 100% accuracy! Mashing the Waterfall button is all you have to do in most matches against opponents lacking a dedicated Kabutops counter.

Swords Dance is always nice to ensure Kabutops can power through everything. Aqua Jet beats priority users to the punch and cleans up after the down pour stops. Stone Edge is a solid coverage STAB move, but Superpower provides a less risky way of disposing frail Grass mons like Sceptile as well as easily eliminating Ferroseed, which is a surprisingly pain in the ass against Rain teams.

Good Teammates: Rain Summoners @ Damp Stone that can safely bring in Kabutops are the best teammates. Uxie has the bulk and Speed to guarantee Rain as well as SR. With either Yawn + U-turn or Memento, it allows Kabutops to come in safely. Memento may even provide Kabutops the opportunity to set up Swords Dance. Electrode's amazing base 140 Speed combined with Taunt prevents the opponent from setting up Sweepers or hazards while Electrode sets up Rain Dance and go kamikaze with Explosion. Lanturn is useful for its special bulk and absorbing Electric-type moves before the Rain goes up. It's a nice answer to mons like Slowking or opposing Lanturn that may harass Rain teams. It's slow Volt Switch guarantees Kabutops' entrance into the rainy battlefield unscathed. Finally, Volbeat makes a particular good Rain inducer, thanks to Prankster getting the Rain up virtually without fail. Encore + Sub Pass also provides clutch moments that offers Kabutops to not only switch in safely but even put up a SD for free.

Nidoqueen is a nice partner to remove bulky Grass- and Water-types with its Sheer Force-boosted Sludge Wave or Thunder, respectively. The ability to absorb TSpikes is also greatly appreciated, since LO recoil and poison damage easily adds up. Gothitelle can trap and eliminate physical walls with ease.

Just coupling Kabutops with Special Rain sweepers, such as Ludicolo and Gorebyss, works, too, but sometimes you need to be more elaborate when facing a stall team.

What Counters It: bulky Grass- and Water- mons can put a stop to Kabutops rampage in the storm. Tangrowth, physically bulky Amoonguss, Poliwrath, Water Absorb Quagsire, and physically defensive Qwilfish are particularly reliable. Physically defensive Cofagrigus is OHKOed by +2 Stone Edge, so don't try Hazing Kabutops x_x;;

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

What it Does: Ludicolo is an integral part of rain offense, and it's easy to see why. It's unique Grass / Water typing neutralizes the traditional Electric- and Grass-type weakness of Water-types, while providing a useful secondary STAB to fend off against bulky Water-types. It's also noteworthy that it's the fastest Rain Sweeper on the special side (that's viable), with the next fastest one being Omastar :(

Rain provides an especially powerful boost to Special Swift Swimmers, who have access to a 95 bp Surf and 120 bp Hydro Pump (in comparison to Physical Swift Swimmer's Waterfall). With these powerful STAB moves augmented by Rain and Life Orb, Ludicolo can usually clean floor. You want both Surf and Hydro Pump - the former is for sweeping through teams, while the latter is to break through the team's defense. Giga Drain provides an efficient way to punish specially-defensive Water-types like Slowking and Lanturn, while recovering its health. Ice Beam is to punish Grass-types.

The Spe EVs give it 260 Speed, enough to be faster than Scarf Galvantula.

Good Teammates: Rain Summoners @ Damp Stone that can safely bring in Ludicolo are the best teammates. Uxie has the bulk and Speed to guarantee Rain as well as SR. With either Yawn + U-turn or Memento, it allows Ludicolo to come in safely. Electrode's amazing base 140 Speed combined with Taunt prevents the opponent from setting up Sweepers or hazards while Electrode sets up Rain Dance and go kamikaze with Explosion. Lanturn is useful for its special bulk and absorbing Electric-type moves before the Rain goes up. It's slow Volt Switch guarantees Ludicolo's entrance into the rainy battlefield unscathed. Lanturn can also provide Heal Bell support should Ludicolo ends up being Scald-burned or paralyzed by T-Wave. Finally, Volbeat makes a particular good Rain inducer, thanks to Prankster getting the Rain up virtually without fail. Encore + Sub Pass also provides clutch moments that offers Ludicolo to not only switch in safely but even a free Sub.

Physical wallbreakers like CB Escavalier or LO Druddigon is nice to punish these special walls; they can shrug off most hits thrown at them by these non-threatening walls and start punching holes. CB Escavalier is particularly note-worthy for its ability to Pursuit bitch-slap them. Bulky SD Gallade can also deal with most of Ludicolo's checks - Drain Punch for Ferroseed and Clefable; Zen Headbutt for Amoonguss; and Leaf Blade for Lanturn and Slowking.

Ludicolo can always be paired with Kabutops, in the hopes of Kabutops overcoming the special walls, but against stall-tastic teams, Kabutops may simply be walled by the opponent's physical defense.

What Counters It: Ferroseed can tank hits from this Ludicolo and T-Wave it. Specially-defensive Amoonguss only takes 48% max from Ice Beam, so it can then Spore or Sludge Bomb it. Defensive Slowking can also tank a super-effective Giga Drain with relative ease and cripple Ludicolo with T-Wave. Thanks to Regenerator, Amoonguss and Slowking can be really hard to wear down just by slugging it with heavy special moves.

A healthy Lanturn can tank a Giga Drain in order to paralyze Ludicolo. Similarly a healthy bulky Gallade can tank a hit and retaliate with Drain Punch / Zen Headbutt. Specially defensive Clefable takes 68% max from Hydro Pump, while it paralyzes Ludicolo or stall out Rain. Lickilicky is a rare sight, but it fares even better, especially if it has Cloud Nine.

Otherwise, 110+ Scarfers like Tauros or powerful priority like Sucker Punch from Spiritomb / Absol or ExtremeSpeed from Entei can put an end to Ludicolo's fiesta time.

Additional Info: Rain Dance often replaces one of its Water STAB moves, but I'd much rather have more reliable Rain inducers to set up the Rain and free the moveslot on Ludicolo. Focus Blast is a possible option for Ferroseed and Cloud Nine Lickilicky, but thse are rare threats, and Rain-boosted Hydro Pump does more to Clefable. Substitute may be an option to block priority and status moves.

Gorebyss @ White Herb or Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

What it Does: Sporting base 114 SpA and the ability Swift Swim, Gorebyss is a nasty threat in the Rain. What makes it even more terrific is its access to Shell Smash, which patches up its shoddy base 52 Spe (even Scarf Rotom-C can revenge-kill a Gorebyss with only the Rain speed boost). Fortunately, its pure Water-typing and decent physical bulk enables Gorebyss to set up Shell Smash without dying the next turn. With Shell Smash, Gorebyss can continue annihilating the opponent with its mermaid powers even after the storm has passed.

White Herb is preferred for a safer Shell Smash set up, but Life Orb provides enough power to Gorebyss to make Shell Smash less mandatory.

Good Teammates: Rain Summoners @ Damp Stone that can safely bring in Gorebyss are the best teammates. Uxie has the bulk and Speed to guarantee Rain as well as SR. With either Yawn + U-turn or Memento, it allows Gorebyss to come in safely. Electrode's amazing base 140 Speed combined with Taunt prevents the opponent from setting up Sweepers or hazards while Electrode sets up Rain Dance and go kamikaze with Explosion. Lanturn is useful for its special bulk and especially for absorbing Electric-type moves from Scarf revenge killers. It's slow Volt Switch guarantees Gorebyss's entrance into the rainy battlefield unscathed. Finally, Volbeat makes a particular good Rain inducer, thanks to Prankster getting the Rain up virtually without fail. Encore + Sub Pass also provides clutch moments that offers Gorebyss to not only switch in safely but a free opportunity to smash its shells behind a Substitute.

Also offensive physical tanks mentioned in Ludicolo's submission, such as SD Gallade, CB Escavalier, and LO Druddigon still comes in handy to take advantage of the special walls. Kabutops is a powerful Rain Sweeper that can rampage while the special walls are still around.

What Counters It: Gorebyss shares similar counters to Ludicolo. Ferroseed, specially-defensive Amoonguss, and Slowking can tank hits from Gorebyss before Shell Smash. Lanturn is now a safe counter, since Gorebyss lacks STAB Grass-typing of Ludicolo.

Clefable takes an upwards of 80% from LO Hydro Pump, so it's a shaky check. If it's White Herb, then Gorebyss is hitting softer than Ludicolo, so Clefable can check those. Unaware Clefable gets a special mention for ignoring the boost from Shell Smash. Lickilicky, especially those with Cloud Nine, is another solid defensive counter. If bulky SD Gallade is healthy, it can tank an unboosted Water move and retaliate with Leaf Blade.

Due to Gorebyss's abysmal Speed, it's much easier to check Gorebyss in the rain before it Shell Smashes. Scarf Rotom-C or faster scarfers can defeat Gorebyss even in the rain. Priorities from Spiritomb or Entei are less reliable, but can still pick off weakened Gorebyss, especially the LO variants.

Nice job Pocket! I added all 3 Pokemon. However I think that on Kabutops, Waterfall should be replaced with Stone Edge and maybe slashed with Aqua Jet, and then have Superpower in the last slot so you can hit stuff like Ferroseed. I didn't change it though.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute

Role: Physical Sweeper / Late game cleaner

What it does: Klinklang is the sole holder of Shift Gear (bar smeargle ofc!), and with excellent bulk, great typing, and good stats all around, it can make good use of the move. After a Shift Gear boost, Klinklang reaches 492 Attack and 510 Speed, this coupled with its other Substitute breaking signature move, Gear Grind makes Klinklang rather hard to stop later in the game. When Klinklang first comes into the match, the first thing you will probably do is set up a Substitute. With a mono steel typing and Klinklang's solid natural bulk, many opponents will struggle to break the substitute in one hit, giving Klinklang a free chance to set up a Shift Gear or two. A +1 / +2 Klinklang behind a substitute is one of the scariest things an offensive team can possibly face. Substitute can also be used to Life Orb stall a pokemon into KO range, or block status. Gear Grind is Klinklang's only worthwile STAB attack, but with an effective 100 base power, and the ability to break substitutes, its all Klinklang really needs. Return hits most of the things Gear Grind cant, and gives the set of gears acceptable coverage for sweeping, wild charge can also be used, but the recoil is really annoying.

Good Teammates: Klinklang can be devastating in the right hands, but it needs significant amounts of support to get past its counters. When a Pokemon's checks need to be removed from the battle, Gothitelle is always there to save the day! Gothitelle can switch in on and defeat many of klinklang's counters with its choice specs set. Including but not limited to: Steelix, Poliwrath, Slowking and Quagsire. Klinklang also appreciates entry hazard support to ease its sweep and weaken one of its main checks, Entei. Smeargle is the best spiker in the tier, and can easily get stealth rock and a layer of spikes up against the majority of teams. Other spikers include accelgor, scolipede, crustle, omastar, and qwilfish.

What counters it: When it comes to countering Klinklang, nothing is better than Steelix. Steelix takes a pittance from anything klinklang can possibly throw at it due to its unholy bulk and resistances to steel, normal, and electric-type moves. Steelix can also use roar to phaze klinklang out of the match, taking all of its boosts with it. Magneton can trap Klinklang, and take nearly nothing from any of its coverage moves, 2hkoing Klinklang with tbolt in return. Poliwrath, Slowking, and Quagsire also counter klinklang very well, only fearing a wild charge or hidden power grass, respectively. Entei can check Klinklang as well, being able to take even a +2 return and KO klinklang in return with flare blitz.
shedinja

Any Additional Info: Klinklang is terrible, Banded stoutland fire fang literally 2hkos it - TLC

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
hmm, I'm at an impasse...

should I call Druddigon "Druddigod" or "Studdigon"?

Either way,

Druddigon @ Choice Band
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def, Adamant
-Outrage
-Superpower
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Punch / Dragon Claw

Role: Wallbreaker/Outrage spammer

What it Does: Okay, so you've played OU before, right? No? Well that's because RU is an infinitely better tier. But either way, way up in OU there are even more of these odd "Dragon-type" Pokemon that get this Outrage move. Pokemon that are better than Druddigon. Pokemon that have base Speed stats above 48. Alas, those are Pokemon that will never be seen in the lowly slums of RU, so our buddy Druddigon has to be the missing link between OU and RU. Basically, it's an Escavalier with a little more Speed, a more spammable move, and no Pursuit. Its job is to OHKO and 2HKO a ton of stuff with Outrage and force switches. Dragon moves are only resisted by Steel types, so Earthquake and Superpower can harm those annoying Steelixes that want to wall the dragon. Let's look at how much power this thing hits with. 120 Base Attack. Choice Band boost. That means it has the raw attack power of HITMONGOD.

No further commentary is necessary. This is an Outrage that hits off of the Attack stat of Hitmongod. Also surprise priority!

Good teammates: Druddigon isn't a sweeper. It's too slow, so it'll forever be the Robin to someone else's Batman. Or something like that. It wipes out a wall or two so something like Lilligant or Hitmongod can sweep. Druddigon is bulky, so it can survive a hit or two, even a STAB neutral hit can be tanked since Druddigon fully invests in HP. Meanwhile, Druddigon can OHKO just about anything that doesn't resist it save some bulky mons like Tangrowth or Uxie. However, most Pokemon that can wall Druddigon can't kill it either, so Druddigon can consistently take out a wall. Prediction is absolutely unnecessary with this set, as Outrage is insanely powerful and only Steelix and co. can take it.

Additional Comments: Stealth Rock, Stealth Rock, Stealth Rock. You want Stealth Rock down to turn 90% attacks into OHKOs. Spikes also helps for eliminating Steelix. Remember, you need to pair this guy up with a Sweeper, preferably one that doesn't care about Steel types since Druddigon can't beat those very easily. My favorite teammate Hitmonlee is a nice sweeper to pair it with, but other cleaners like Cofagrigus (has the Hidden Power to take out Steels), Feraligatr (it's just strong), or Moltres? can do it too.

What Counters It: It's almost supposed to die, so it's no big deal if it's revenge killed. It's fun to troll opponents with a Sucker Punch from a Druddigon with 3% health or something, but other than that, countering Druddigon is tough. Druddigon "wins" as long as it takes out something strong on your team. Steelix walls it, and Tangrowth (max/max) can avoid a 2HKO if there's no Rocks down. Aggron can switch into Outrage but another move like Superpower is a whole different story. Escavalier, RU's premier wallbreaker, is also a nice counter but has trouble switching into repeated attacks+hazards, especially since Escav rarely gets Leftovers recovery. Ferroseed's in the same boat as Escav. Revenge killing Druddigon or switching in something that can take an Outrage is the best way to deal with it.

Pocket

Nice job Pocket! I added all 3 Pokemon. However I think that on Kabutops, Waterfall should be replaced with Stone Edge and maybe slashed with Aqua Jet, and then have Superpower in the last slot so you can hit stuff like Ferroseed. I didn't change it though.
Waterfall is an absolute staple on Rain Kabutops. Spamming 120-BP Waterfall is the whole point of using Kabutops in the Rain :0. Honestly, the non-Water coverage moves are mere accessories that see infrequent use.

Thanks for adding them, DittoCrow :)

Gurdurr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch

Role: Bulky Attacker
What it does: Gurdurr can do some major damage to the RU metagame with a Bulk Up set. With Eviolite, Gurdurr has solid bulk that is only heightened by Bulk Up. It also hits very hard, especially after a boost, and can revenge kill faster threats with Mach Punch. The thing that makes Gurdurr really good is its ability, Guts, which allows it to benefit from any status thrown on it, which allows it to set up on Pokemon such as Defensive Slowking without worrying about a Scald Burn. It's bulk also means Pokemon such as CM Gothitelle cant knock it out in 1 hit. Ice Punch allows Gurdurr to defeat Nidoqueen, making it even better.
Good Teammates: Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Smearge is very helpful, as it allows Gurdurr to be more threatening since hazards will have weakened the opposing team severely. Spiritomb is a very good partner, as it can trap the Ghost- and Psychic-types that plague this set; something like Spiritomb is essentially a must. With these threats gone, Gurdurr becomes much more of a force to be reckoned with. Gothitelle can also be a good partner, as it can knock out threats such as Quagsire and Qwilfish that can cause Gurdurr problems.
What counters it: Psychic- and Ghost-types plague Gurddur, Pokemon such as OTR Cofagrigus and OTR Slowking completely laugh at this set. Pokemon suhc as Qwilfish and Quagsire are also major problems for this set. Moltres can also threaten Gurdurr out and proceed to set up a Substitute, making it a major problem as well.

EonX

Battle Soul
How this hasn't been put into the OP I'm not sure I want to know:

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 40 SDef / 136 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Yawn
- Psychic
- U-turn

Role: Hazard User

What it Does: As most good players know, Uxie it the ultimate team supporter in RU. It can be EVed in so many ways and has quite a great support movepool. This is Uxie's general Utility support set that allows it to check and counter the most threats. Stealth Rock is great on Uxie. With it's great bulk and decent Speed, Uxie will rarely have a problem in setting up SR at some point in the match. Next is your status move of choice. Thunder Wave cripples faster threats such as Moltres, Sceptile, and Kabutops who may try to break through Uxie or Spin on Uxie. Yawn is a perfectly viable move and will pretty much stop any setup sweeper cold. It's also a great way to get a teammate in safely for a free chance to setup. Psychic allows Uxie to 2HKO Nidoqueen, one of the biggest offensive threats in the tier. U-turn is great on Uxie as it allows the pixie to lure in checks and counters and allow you to start to gain momentum. The given EVs is just one spread Uxie can adopt, but this is the most reliable one as Uxie is a superb defensive answer to Nidoqueen, one of the tier's most feared attackers. First off, 136 Speed EVs are used to outrun Adamant Kabutops. 252 EVs are invested into HP to give Uxie overall bulk while 40 Special Defense EVs and a Calm nature allows Uxie to avoid the 2HKO from Modest LO Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave after SR. The rest of the EVs are placed in Defense to let Uxie take random physical hits better, especially from Fighting types.

Good Teammates: This could be really long as Uxie can work on virtually any type of team, but I'll try to keep it from getting too long. Fighting types and Dark types should be your first considerations as they can come in on the Dark and Ghost types Uxie doesn't want to stay in on. Gallade gets a Justified boost from Dark type moves and loves the paralysis support Uxie brings, lessening the need for it to use Shadow Sneak. Uxie can also come in on priority users trying to stop Gallade's sweep. Escavalier resists all 3 of Uxie's weaknesses and bashes in the heads of pretty much everything bar Steel types with Megahorn or Iron Head. Lanturn is a solid option as it can handle Moltres with ease and can cure Uxie of bothersome status it may pick up with Heal Bell. Lanturn can also utilize Thunder Wave effectively, allowing Uxie to use Yawn more freely. Outside of a Steel type and/or Fighting type, Uxie will fit onto pretty much any standard offensive team since it can build momentum with U-turn, slow faster threats with paralysis (or provide setup opportunities with Yawn) and check many powerful threats in the tier such as Gallade and Nidoqueen. Uxie generally supports the team instead of the team supporting it (outside of maybe a Steel or Fighting type)

What Counters It: Almost any Dark type will scare Uxie out. So, Absol, Spiritomb, Crawdaunt, and Drapion are the big ones. Fast Taunters such as Aerodactyl and faster variants of Qwilfish will prevent Uxie from supporting the team. However, a well-timed Psychic will end Qwilfish on the spot. Due to Uxie's stellar defenses and access to U-turn, it will be difficult to straight up counter Uxie. However, its lack of recovery will ultimately be its downfall as repeated beatings will take their toll. It should be noted that slower threats such as Druddigon and Escavalier don't care about paralysis, don't take much from Psychic, and can blast through Uxie with powerful boosted STAB moves.

Additional Info: Get comfortable, because this is where I explain all of the other support options Uxie can viably run on this set. Heal Bell is the most notable as this will let Uxie act as a cleric. Memento can be like a pseudo-U-turn. Uxie will sacrifice itself, but will provide a near-guaranteed setup opportunity for a sweeper like Crawdaunt or Gallade. Toxic screws over walls pretty badly if you're having trouble breaking through them. If Taunt users are annoying you, Magic Coat can be used to make the Taunt backfire on the user. If cleric support is being run, Uxie has access to Rest and Sleep Talk to form the RestTalk recovery method. Keep in mind that all of these moves, bar Heal Bell and Memento are highly situational and the given moveset is generally better. SR and U-turn should always be found on Uxie's moveset and the most interchangeable move is the 2nd slot. As for the EV spread, Uxie can shift EVs around accordingly to better meet the needs of a team. If outspeeding Adamant Kabutops isn't a priority, Uxie can drop its Speed EVs down to 104. This should be the bare minimum amount as this lets Uxie outspeed Modest max Speed Nidoqueen. You can shift the 80 Defense EVs around if you like. They'll see the most use in Special Defense to allow Uxie to handle more special attackers. You can run a Bold nature and move Uxie's Special Defense EVs to Defense to better handle Fighting types. If outspeeding Moltres and Lilligant is a priority, a Timid nature can be used with max Speed. However, keep in mind that the given EV spread is generally more efficient and should only be modified should your team require it.

Molk: Added Klinklang

DetroitLolcat: Didn't add Druddigon yet because I think it should have Fire Punch or something. Also can you export the sets from PO next time so I don't have to do it >.< Yeah once you do that it'll be good I think :>

ShakeItUp: Added Gurdurr, but I slashed Ice Punch with Payback so you can hit Ghosts :3

EonX-: Didn't add Uxie yet because I think that the best spread is with a Calm nature, enough EVs to live two Sludge Waves from Nidoqueen, and enough Speed EVs to outspeed Nidoqueen. Can someone else comment on this? Good submission otherwise :P

EonX

Battle Soul
If that's the case, then I can just shift the Defense EVs over to Special Defense DC. The minimum amount of SpDef EVs Uxie needs to survive 2 Sludge Waves after SR is 56, but just shifting the EVs to SpDef will allow you to have some prior damage and still take 2 Sludge Waves:

With 56 EVs: Uxie takes 39.09% - 46.17% from Modest LO Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave.
With 156 EVs: Uxie takes 35.97% - 42.77% from the same Sludge Wave

104 Speed EVs is enough to outrun Modest Nidoqueen (as I mentioned in the description and harped to not go any lower)

Okay I'm going to give you the best Uxie spread. It's honestly the best spread and there's really no reason to deviate from it if you're using support Uxie with leftovers:

252 HP / 80 Def / 40 SpD / 136 Spe Calm

Reason: 252 SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen (+SpAtk) Sludge Wave vs 252 HP/40 SpDef Uxie (+SpDef) : 39.27% - 46.61% (3 hits to KO)

You avoid the 2HKO from Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave after Stealth Rock including Leftovers. The Speed lets you outrun 252 Spe Adamant Kabutops. Rest in Defense. No deviations are necessary for a support set.

Personally, I like running 64 Sp. Atk from those defense EVs in the spread blarajan posted as it gives you a guarenteed 2hko on nidoqueen without stealth rock using psychic.

Here's a bulky Musharna set I've been trying out to counter Nidoqueen.

Musharna (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

Roles: Bulky Special Sweeper, Lategame Cleaner

What It Does:
It primarily counters the notorious Nidoqueen, but also can put a dent on most of the RU metagame on its own. It should only really worry about Dark-types, and even then it doesn't worry all that much about them because of Signal Beam, its coverage move.

Good Teammates: Heal Bell support. Musharna has Heal Bell itself, but it does not afford the luxury of using Heal Bell over Signal Beam because it desperately needs the coverage move. A lead that sets up hazards such as Spikes and Stealth Rocks can also help guarantee OHKOs/2HKOs for Musharna, so that is something to consider.

Counters: A few Pokemon counter Musharna. Whimsicott can shut down the Calm Mind process and annoy it to oblivion through several means, although this is mostly done if Musharna is used early. Dark-types in general resist Musharna's main STAB of Stored Power, which is what prompts the usage of Signal Beam as a coverage move. Sucker Punch is not pretty on Musharna, although it can survive many unboosted ones from various Pokes. Escavalier also qualifies as a counter since it can OHKO Musharna with Megahorn.

Overall, the biggest counter to a Musharna is its owner, especially since people can play Musharna incorrectly, lending it susceptibility to Taunts as an example.

Additional Info: Very underrated Pokemon on the whole, and is once again a great counter to some of the big bulky offense Pokemon that centralize RU's metagame at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)