Pokemon.com's Pokemon Power Bracket: Mew wins!

Problem: you're assuming that this means Mew is going to get a special release because of this.

I still maintain that it is not. The only prizes for this is stuff is crap like screen-savers and BS. I never understood why anyone ever thought there WOULD be a release, since it wasn't even hinted at. Mew isn't going to get anything new from this, mark my words.
I could have sworn I read that the winner would be distributed online and would have its hidden ability (if any), but now I can't find that anywhere...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, that was purely speculation in this thread. There hasn't been any information distributed about the nature of the "digital download pack."

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Man, I can't wait to go to Hot Topic and buy a shirt with a little pink cat thing on it!

...yeah. I feel like it won't be a giveaway for the games themselves.

I have no idea what this digital prize thing will include, but I DO think it will be an in-game distribution, but I don't think it will be like V-Create Rayquaza. I think we will get Mew from the DW free, and then when it "takes over the site" we will probably get the package that was mentioned, maybe like a code for mew in the DW, an item for your DW house, maybe a wallpaper for your computer, and something else not relevant in the slightest. I for one am slightly happy (since I'm such a noob to the competitive scene) that we got Mew, as I'm trying for a dex complete, and as everyone knows, Mew is a pain to get. But in all reality, there is just probably a lot of hype for no reason over a Mew download by the site. If the package includes what I have just said, I only would like my free Mew please. Also, this is completely unrelated, and you have my permission to get pissed at me, I think Nintendo should do an update to hte GTS where you can only ask for legal Pokemon. I'm tired of looking for Rufflet with the trader wanting a level 9 and under Reshiram! Grrrr! Dangit, I'm all worked up now.

WAT

Why did Mew win?
Mew most likely won because this vote was done, mostly by people who don't even know what competitive play, really is, they just want the rarest legendary, and in this case, it's Mew (actually honestly I think it's Jirachi, but whatever.) If you look at the people who exclusively play cartridge games, this is a great step toward dex completion, but it's unfortunately, relatively useless in battle. But hey, look at the bright side, at least we didn't get Arceus again, or Phione, or even just another easily obtainable gen IV legendary (I'm looking at you Suicune!)

Mew most likely won because this vote was done, mostly by people who don't even know what competitive play, really is, they just want the rarest legendary, and in this case, it's Mew (actually honestly I think it's Jirachi, but whatever.) If you look at the people who exclusively play cartridge games, this is a great step toward dex completion, but it's unfortunately, relatively useless in battle. But hey, look at the bright side, at least we didn't get Arceus again, or Phione, or even just another easily obtainable gen IV legendary (I'm looking at you Suicune!)
Except it was never mentioned to be an event giveaway.

Except it was never mentioned to be an event giveaway.
Yes you are correct, and while I personaly think it will (since it has so much hype) nothing was stated that it will have an actual in-game release. But I think most voters (if it wasn't actually rigged, which I don't think it was) were assuming an in-game release. If not, enjoy your pointless Mew prizes!

Yes you are correct, and while I personaly think it will (since it has so much hype) nothing was stated that it will have an actual in-game release. But I think most voters (if it wasn't actually rigged, which I don't think it was) were assuming an in-game release. If not, enjoy your pointless Mew prizes!
Pointless Mew prizes: still a better reward than another Arceus.

I was wrong, I thought this was some attempt to give some semblance of parity with Japanese distributions.

It'll probably be a bunch of screen savers, I'm skeptical about a digital download pack incorporating a Mew distribution.

I was wrong, I thought this was some attempt to give some semblance of parity with Japanese distributions.

It'll probably be a bunch of screen savers, I'm skeptical about a digital download pack incorporating a Mew distribution.
Well, it could include a software for creating a event distro using a computer.

In all seriousness, Shiny Rayquaza is more valuable because of the lack of distro, which is probably for the best. Stupid shinies via in-game events...

Never mind, Arceus has trade value. Carry on.

I think its going to be shiny possible, via Wi-Fi with a cool special move. It is very fitting since they are making a big deal out of it.

Anyone have any news regarding the prize? It was supposed to start today but the website has not updated any information about it.

Oh, sweet, I was looking for more Mew gifs...

Thanks, Pokemon.com! <3

Edit: What blasphemer didn't vote for Manaphy, anyway?

Wow... that is the laziest prize pack I have ever seen. I wasn't expecting much but DAMN, that's lazy. I don't even know how you can call that a real "animated gif" it's just mew in a bunch of poses that cycles...

And that wallpaper just looks like a standard web page. You'd expect them to at LEAST make some pretty new original art.

Gamefreak, I am disappoint.

Yeah, the prizes are pretty disappointing. The website says that people are going to be able to design their own Mew shirts, that can be promising (but probably not).

Wow... that is the laziest prize pack I have ever seen. I wasn't expecting much but DAMN, that's lazy. I don't even know how you can call that a real "animated gif" it's just mew in a bunch of poses that cycles...

And that wallpaper just looks like a standard web page. You'd expect them to at LEAST make some pretty new original art.

Gamefreak, I am disappoint.
THANK YOU! That's exactly what i thought. i at least expected some original art and was really hoping that they would give Mews in-game over Wi-Fi.

Echoing what others said about the prizes, one is the least creative Gif i have other seen, the other just Mew's Ken Sugimori with something around it. WOW. Wndering what the T-Shirt will end up being....

Has any branch of TPCi beyond Japan come up with original artwork for Pokemon anything?
I mean, I guess Pokemon.com made the trainer avatars??

But beyond that, it seems like they're stuck with stock art or junk already made from Japan.

I am so horribly disappointed in the digital prize pack that I created a forum account just so I could voice my disappointment in this thread.

1. These are the laziest GIF and wallpaper I have ever seen produced. Stock art on blank background? I could have created these on my own in five minutes.

2. Why was there two months of voting for basically no prize at all? The random Klink C-gear skin announced today would have been a better prize than anything awarded by this contest

3. Why was there a two week delay after voting ended before these prizes were available? There is no more than half an hour's worth of work between the wallpaper and the GIF.

4. How can you NOT have a wi-fi giveaway? It requires even less work than the wallpaper/gif

I was really looking forward to finally getting my hands on a real Mew. Now I just... wow. I am very disappoint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)