The Fast, the Weird, and the Furious

The Fast, the Weird, and the Furious

[pimg]573[/pimg][pimg]490[/pimg][pimg]609[/pimg][pimg]330[/pimg][pimg]94[/pimg][pimg]428[/pimg]

Altered Team

[pimg]227[/pimg][pimg]490[/pimg][pimg]609[/pimg][pimg]675[/pimg][pimg]94[/pimg][pimg]428[/pimg]

CHANGES ARE IN RED

Altered Team 2

[pimg]227[/pimg][pimg]490[/pimg][pimg]609[/pimg][pimg]680[/pimg][pimg]380[/pimg][pimg]428[/pimg]

NEW CHANGES ARE IN PURPLE

Introduction

Wow.... this is my first ever RMT.... well.. here it goes!

With weather teams rolling around everywhere, I decided that for once I would break the norm and go with a weatherless team. The whole point of this team is to abuse the entry hazards handed down by Scolipede and Heatran and then proceed by sweeping, cleaning up, and countering. Speaking of Scolipede, he pretty much helps this team big time. While I initially wanted to use Forretress, I found that I had better use using Scolipede due to his high speed, immunity to magnet pull, and ability to damage the Lati twins and Espeon with Megahorn, all of which could severely sweep my team if I'm not careful. All the other members of this team were mixed and mashed in so many ways, I don't even remember much of the entire team building process. But anyway, let me get on to the individual members.

Since I first started this team, there's been plenty of changes, but not too much. Although there were many advantages to switching Flygon for Landorus-I and Scolipede for Skarmory, I sure did miss out on one thing: Toxic Spikes. However, that's not too much of a big deal. I wish I could fit that in, but I can't seem to find a way... Oh well. This team has been doing pretty well without it anyway :P So far (though it's not a big deal), it's standing at a rank of 767 on PO, and I hope it goes higher! :D

Skarmory @Shed Shell/Leftovers
Nature: Impish(+Def,-SAtk)
Evs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 Spe
Ability: Sturdy
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
-Roost

SQUAWK!​

Ahh.... My new lead (though not all the time) :) After much debate, I found Skarmory was the perfect fit for my team. Acting as a good physical wall with a reliable recovery move in Roost, it also had perfect synergy with Heatran and Gastrodon, forming a great defensive core. The ability to set up an entry hazard and phaze with Whirlwind was also an excellent perk. The bump is speed is necessary just so I can outspeed hopeful Tyranitar and other Skarmory. While I sometimes use leftovers, shed shell is what I usually use to avoid Magnezone and the evil Haxorus (when used alongside Magnezone).

Scolipede @Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly (+Spd,-SAtk)
Evs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Swarm
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Megahorn
-Earthquake

Ah... my focus pokemon of the entire team. With the focus sash, I'm guaranteed to get at least two layers of entry hazard down unless I'm facing a priority move user or a hail/sandstorm inducer. If Abomasnow comes out, Scolipede can proceed to use megahorn and OHKO it. Tyranitar gives my team serious problems, and if he leads off, Heatran can come in and hand a burn to Tyranitar. Scolipede's x4 resistance to fighting, is also key to why I picked him over Forretress, as it will prevent mach punch and vacuum wave from smacking down Heatran. The great speed and decent offense also helps against the Lati twins, Celebi, Espeon, and Lucario and Ninetales after entry hazard damage. The evs are self explanatory, as it gives Scolipede the speed and power it gives to this team.

Forretress @Leftovers/Shed Shell
Nature:Relaxed (+Def,-Spe)
Evs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 SDef
-Spikes
-Gyro Ball/ Toxic Spikes
-Volt Switch/ Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin

While I used this as a replacement for Scollipede due to the need of a physical wall, it just didn't work. Despite the support with Rapid Spin and Spikes have gave, his lack of recovery and ability to be easily set up on hurt my team badly, and so the search for a reliable physical wall began again. While I wanted to use Toxic Spikes, the other two moves were pretty necessary, but either could be replaced since I need this to hurt the other team with triple hazard danger :P

Heatran @Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+SDef,-Atk)
Evs: 252 HP/ 248 SDef/ 8 Spe Evs: 248 HP/ 248 SDef/ 12 Spe
Ability: Flash Fire
-Stealth Rock
-Flamethrower
-Roar
-Will-O-Wisp

If a sun team thinks they can come and set up on Scolipede, they better think again. Heatran absorbs the fire moves thanks to its great ability, and it even appreciates the sunlight. To complete the entry hazard trio, SR was a must on Heatran. With my team lacking a good physical wall, will-o-wisp became something I absolutely needed in order to prevent the likes of powerful physical attackers such as Tyranitar, Haxorus, and Scizor from setting up on me. In the case of guts users hoping to take the burn attack with ground or fighting type attacks, Gengar, Flygon, Scolipede, and Reuniclus all prevent that from happening. Water type attacks are taken care of easily by Gastrodon due to Storm Drain. Since I no longer needed the burn rate from lava plume, the more powerful yet reliable flamethrower became a better choice. Finally roar helps keep hazard setters, threats, and set up-pers at bay, and as a bonus, it also allows me to rack up entry hazard damage. The evs are pretty much self explanatory. Heatran will be able to take special attacks while burning physical attackers to save his unboosted defense. This is also a nice counter to Scizor, who depending on the set, can dish some hurt on this team. I also decided to ditch air balloon to give heatran some much needed recovery, although I could always reconsider.

While it was recommended I change flamethrower to lava pluma and will-o-wisp to toxic, I found it didn't work as well. Flamethrower helps me dent and even toast certain pokemon like Celebi, Jirachi, and Steel Types. Lava Plume misses out and doesn't do enough sometimes. And Will-O-Wisp also helps me strike down physical attackers, making Skarmory's job a whole lot easier.

I changed the ev spread just to outspeed other SDef Heatran. The HP evs will allow it to switch into SR five times... at least I'm sure it will.

Reuniclus @Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def,-Atk)
Evs: 252 HP/ 248 Def/ 8 Spe Evs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spe
Ability: Magic Guard
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover

I seriously love this jelly. It can serve as a nice pivot to help absorb hits, and it gives back by taking full advantage of everything this team has to offer. Reuniclus takes full advantage of the entry hazards, which wear down Scizor and Tyranitar, two of its biggest counters. Calm Mind helps it stat up while Recover helps its heal its great hp stat. Focus Blast helps hit what Psyshock can't. Speaking of Psyshock, its a big deal on this team. It helps me take down opposing jellies in a CM fest and obliterate the pink blobs. Perhaps the greatest thing about Reuniclus is that its pretty reliable. It really saves my butt when all else seems to fail. This jelly is my cushion to fall on. The evs are pretty standard, but I decided to install 8 Spe evs just so I can outspeed other Reuniclus in a stall war.

Genesect @Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive (+Spe,-SDef)
Evs: 4 Atk/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Ability: Download
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-U-Turn

With more coverage and better resistances, Genesect became a much better member than Landorus-I. The set and moves are all pretty standard, so there's not much to say. While Genesect is much slower than Landorus-! and Base 100's in terms of Scarf Speed, it will help me get a jump on what's not scarfed and get a jump on other teams. With U-Turn, the momentum can keep going. As an excellent revenge killer, he also forms an excellent core with Latias and Heatran/Skarmory to combat rain teams and their dedicated sweepers.

Landorus-I @Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Sand Force
-Stone Edge
-Earthquale
-U-Turn
-Hidden Power Ice

Landorus-I is as scary on the field as he looks... actually, he's tons uglier than scary but that's besides the point. With a choice scarf, he can go and revenge kill pokemon that can give my team trouble. Gliscor and Dragons stand no chance to HP Ice, and with the help of Stealth Rock, they'll be going down fast. U-Turn keeps my momentum going and lets me switch to an appropriate counter. It also lets me smack Lati@s really hard, though not enough to KO without a good deal of damage beforehand. Stone Edge and Earthquake give me an unstoppable combo that can really wreck other teams... well not completely unstoppable. It does mess with low defense pokemon lke Blissey Celebi, and Lati@s though :P Steel Types that can take an earthquake stop him hard, but that's what teammates are for. Pokemon with Ice Shard and Ice attacks can usually be countered by Skarmory, Reuniclus, Heatran, or Gastrodon. Water move users are stopped cold by Gastrodon due to Storm Drain. His good speed makes sure he runs faster than all pokemon bar deoxys-s and choice scarfers with more than 101 speed. Sand Force also helps when facing sand teams and Tyranitar. All in all, Landorus is an excellent check to a lot of pokemon *cough cough* DRAGONS *cough cough* who think they can stop by and take my team down.

Flygon @Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly (+Spe,-SAtk)
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Fire Blast

Flygon is a seriously underrated dragon IMO. While Haxorus, Dragonite, and Salamence outclass it in terms of power, Flygon has so many perks that practically made me swoon. First, it has levitate. Spikes, toxic spikes, and to an extent, trappers, have absolutely nothing on it. Dugtrio (and Magnezone) will want to think twice about switching in on Heatran and KOing it with Gengar and Flygon standing by. Flygon also gains an extra immunity, which is sweet. Second, it resists SR. Dragonite and Salamence take a chunk when they come in on rocks, which leaves them at a disadvantage. And third, Flygon is immune to thunder wave. The only real way to paralyze it is to use Jirachi (on which I would have switched to Gengar or someone that resists) or Glare, which I haven't seen much of yet on the battlefield.With the scarf, Flygon becomes an excellent revenge killer. Outrage and Earthquake perform a STAB combo that hurts a lot of pokemon for good damage. U-Turn helps me pivot,switch, and keep the momentum going. For the last slot, I gave up Stone Edge for Fire Blast. More or less, Volcarona will already have struggled from SR and have been worn down. For the most parts, physical walls will come in to try and stop Flygon. To catch Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress, Fire Blast is there to give them a nasty surprise. As for the evs, they're self explanatory. With the support given by this team, Flygon can have a field day sweeping past worn out and weakened pokemon on the other team.

Other Pokemon That Didn't Work Out

Mamoswine @Choice Band

Salamence @Choice Scarf

Infernape @ Choice Scarf

Latias @Leftovers
Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
Evs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost
-Refresh > Reflect

With the same blistering speed as Gengar, I figured Latias would fit perfectly on this team. It's resistances to Water, Fire, Electric, Ground, and Grass are all extremely important and allow it to come out on any weather, specifically rain. CM and Dragon Pulse are to set up on sweepers like Techniloom and Specs/CM Keldeo when they feel like trolling or even walls who can't handle or status Latias. Roost is for recovery, and Reflect is to weaken the physical damage Latias takes, such as from Scizor and Tyranitar, her two biggest counters. Pursuit, Crunch, Bullet Punch, and U-Turn can really hurt Latias, so this move became a staple for the set. I was thinking of moving 44 hp evs to her defense to help that stat, but that would lower her special bulk, which is necessary to fight threats such as tornadus t and thundurus t. While I want to make full defensive investment, I maxed out speed in order to tie with other positive base 110 and prevent terrakion and friends from outspeeding me bar choice scarf or boosting sets. Despite losing a spinblocker, Latias provides me with gifts that my team greatly appreciates, as it can fight rain teams with ease thanks to its high defenses. As a plus, because i dropped HP Fire, I can also get the jump on Latias with the speed iv dropped.

Changing Refresh to Reflect was an excellent idea. Although physical attackers can kick her butt a little more, walls can no longer set up on her, and thus she stays much longer on the field. Plus, she outspeeds most of them anyway, and the ones who do dont do much damage to her anyway.

Gengar @Life Orb
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

While Disable Gengar is deadly, SubSplit Gengar has itself made a home on my team. When I dropped Forretress, I also dropped Rapid Spin, which is a necessity for every team. To counter this, Gengar is here to spinblock. Gengar is also immune to ground and fighting moves, which seem to be pretty common ad can pose a threat on my team if not handled properly. The best thing, however, is that it can wear down pokemon while keeping itself full and satisfied. Due to the entry hazards, SDef Jirachi might seem like a good check, but with Gengar and Reuniclus, it becomes set up fodder to use and abuse. Gengar also has fantastic speed and offense like fellow Flygon and Scolipede, and this helps it turn the tide of battles due to the slower pace of the rest of its team members. Immunity to spikes and toxic spikes is fantastic for it, and with pain split, I can use Gengar more recklessly than with the disable set. After it subs up, Gengar becomes more terrifying than ever.

Gastrodon @Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+SDef,-Spe)
Evs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SDef
Ability: Storm Drain
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Earthquake

NOM NOM NOM!

Finally, Gastrodon pulls together the ends and knots of my team by beating off rain teams that think they can "rain" on my parade. With Storm Drain, it sucks up the water moves and can throw back a boosted ice beam. Earthquake stops threats like Jirachi and Tyranitar from being the boss of this super slug by striking their physical defense. Recover is obvious for healing. And finally, toxic takes care of walls and pokemon with high special defense that think they can come on in and stop Gastrodon. The evs are standard for a specially defenseive gastrodon, except I put the final 4 evs in defense rather than in SAtk to help that poor stat. Plus, water moves boost its SAtk anyway. Grass attacks are resisted by half of its team members, and it helps them by sponging special hits and absorbing water moves and countering rain teams.

Conclusion

This team has been a lot of fun to play around with, and most of the battles I have done have been successful. There have been a few close calls and losses due to dumb things that I did, like misclicks, wrong predictions, and just plain stupidity. I appreciate any feedback on this team, and any way possible to make it better.

One thing I'm considering is changing Gastrodon from Sassy to Calm and giving it scald instead of earthquake so it can take advantage of rain brought on by Politoed if he comes rolling in, but I feel Gastrodon is perfect the way she is. I'm also on debate on whether to put those last 4 evs for Flygon in HP or SAtk, and whether to change its nature to Naive instead of Jolly to put up the power input of Fire Blast. And although I want to give Heatran protect, there's just no way since he needs those four slots for those four moves.

But back to the main point, this team has been so much fun to play with since I like all these pokemon. As said before, any feedback at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my RMT :)

P.S.- Here's an exportable version if you want to try this team out or something before rating.

Exportable:
Skarmory @Shed Shell/Leftovers
Nature: Impish(+Def,-SAtk)
Evs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 Spe
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
-Roost

Heatran @Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+SDef,-Atk)
Evs: 248 HP/ 248 SDef/ 12 Spe
Ability: Flash Fire
-Stealth Rock
-Flamethrower
-Roar
-Will-O-Wisp

Reuniclus @Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def,-Atk)
Evs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spe
Ability: Magic Guard
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Genesect @Choice Scarf
Evs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Download
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-U-Turn

Latias @Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost
-Reflect

Gastrodon @Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+SDef,-Spe)
Evs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SDef
Ability: Storm Drain
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Earthquake

Hello,

I have to congratulate you on this pretty original yet nice looking team.
Now to the point. I see that you dont have a classical defensive wall which is bad because choice scarf salamence can take down your pokemon one by one just by switching in and out. Thats why i would suggest you changing your Gastrodon to a Slowbro because with him you will be able to tank hits extremely well.

Now that you have a great Defensive wall you dont need a Defensive Reuniclus anymore. Thats why you should run a more offensive one. I suggest you a Recover + 3 Attack or the same set as you posted but the Def evs go to Sp.atk. You chose which suits you better. Now you will be able to make wholes in your opponents team.

I kind of think that Scolipede is not the right option for this team. I know it does set Toxic spikes. Since you said that the whole team is based around him i wont suggest anything. But try the suggestions i told you and tell me whether scolipede is efficient. I will come back to this thread later...

Good luck

P.S The Slowbro set should look like this

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

I put ice beam so that you have a direct coverage to Dragons

Your flygon has a negative spa nature with fire blast. Flygon's special attack stat is already mediocre, making it less powerful will only hurt you in the end. Naive nature is better.

@emirinho- Ok. Thanks for the feedback :) I'll try out Slowbro and see what happens. I'm not too sure about doing that to Reuniclus, but I'll give it a go and see. While the team is based on Scolipede, he can still be easily removed or replaced, as he is only a lead, so suggestions on doing something else with my lead are open as well

@Lasers- Thanks for the feedback :) I'll get a new Flygon going to replace the current one.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hey man! I really like the team as you are using Scolipede for nice reasons. Congratulations!
However, i can see a few problems with this team, hope that with my suggestions, it will be better!

The problem:

Dragon Dance Dragonite

Dragonite is my favorite Dragon-type pokemon and it is one of the bests pokémons ever.
The orange dragon is a big threat to your team because he can set-up Dragon Dance on Scolipede's face without problem (i think you usually lead with him). When he reaches +1 attack and speed, he can proceed to sweep most of your pokes, he can kill heatran and scolipede with just one unboosted earthquake, Flygon with dragon claw or outrage.
Gastrodon can help with this problem as well as Reuniclus, but if Dragonite's Multiscale is active (im talking in the case that Dragonite is your opponent's lead) Gastrodon's ice beam is not going to do nothing, letting D-nite set up another dragon dance and kill gastro. Talking about Reuniclus, his investiment in defense are useful because he doesn't have any attack that can make sarious damage to dragonite.

The solution:

1.- You can use Air balloon on heatran (again), so if dragonite tries to set up on scolipede's face, you just switch to heatran and proceed to burn him (earthquake or dragon claw are not going to be effective), this only works if drago doesn't have aqua tail.

2.- This option is better, replace Flygon with Choice Band Mamoswine. With this, it doesn't matter Dragonite's speed or attack, ice shard will beat him hard solving, not only your weakness to him but also your weakness to all dragons.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Final Words:

Hope i helped you with your team! Congratulations and go on!

~LilOu

@LilOuOn- thanks so much for telling me that :) i figured there would be a dragon dancer who could sweep me, but i felt that this team had a chance at stopping it because of flygon. Since i already have that mamoswine sitting around in my box, ill go ahead and start testing him out. Thanks again so much for the feedback :) and ill try doing the air balloon and also see if that works more effectively over leftovers.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello, this is a pretty solid team here.

Some first off things to nitpick are Lava Plume on Heatran to status Pokemon with burns as they switch in. Toxic is also a great option as with that you can easily status an entire team. You can easily check Latios and Latias with ease, and with Gastrodon absorbing Surfs fired at Heatran, these two perform very well together by crippling entire teams in the process.

Now you should also consider Scarf Landorus over Flygon. Not only can he more reliably check Dragon Dance Salamence thanks to it's boost in speed, it also still has the same ground and electric immunity, with higher speed and attacking stats. The only withdraw is having a fuller effect to Stealth Rock, but that shouldn't bother you too much. It also still has access to the great momentum move U-Turn that greatly aids in shuffling up teams through switches with your hazards down. Now, just as a preferance, I like using Forretress over Scolipede due to it's access to Rapid Spin and Volt Switch, but because you want to really use Scolipede, I will leave it up to you. The biggest benefit is making you much less weak to the likes of Terrakion and Mamoswine, and the fact Toxic Spikes are not very good in the current metagame.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf | Sand Force
252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn

Option :

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature | 0 Speed IV
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Good luck!

I have to warn you that if you replace Flygon with Mamosine you will lose your revenge killer and scouter. And just so you know: a jolly flygon outspeeds +1 dragonite and OHKOs him with Outrage if it is an offensive variant.So it would be better if you keep him. And as PDC suggested you should put in Forretress instead of Scolipede. BTW You should try what PDC suggested along with my suggestions. But you should definitely try air balloon on heatran.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I have to warn you that if you replace Flygon with Mamosine you will lose your revenge killer and scouter. And just so you know: a jolly flygon outspeeds +1 dragonite and OHKOs him with Outrage if it is an offensive variant.So it would be better if you keep him. And as PDC suggested you should put in Forretress instead of Scolipede. BTW You should try what PDC suggested along with my suggestions. But you should definitely try air balloon on heatran.
Man, flygon's outrage is not killing Dragonite if he has Multiscale active (i explained it before). I was talking in the case that dragonite was the lead, so he was not going to take entry hazard's damage. Also, ice shard on mamo can work as a "revenge killer" to dragon type pokemons.

In another case, Scarf-mence works muuuuuuuch better than scarf Flygon, that's why flygon is UU and Salamance OU. So, if we are talking about not replacing Flygon, our friend can try salamence instead (with scarf).

@PDC and Emirinho-thanks for the great advice :) i was about to start a battle when i looked at my team and saw that i was missing the point of a revenge killer, and i had to go back on this thread to check if there was any more feedback. Since the two are similar in many ways, i will instead start making a scarfed landorus and give that a try. I think i might keep gastrodon instead due to the vital role it gives me in striking down water types, which can give heatran (and now landorus) trouble. Replacing scolipede for forretress sounds great, because it actually gives me that much needed physical wall (and he fits the theme since hes weird...). As for forretress' moveset, should i really give up toxic spikes on it? The moveset you gave me sounds terrific and all i have to do is change my current forretress' moveset. I actually thought, in making this set, that toxic spikes was awesome and worth it, hence the debate i had with myself deciding who to pick between forretress and scolipede.

@LilOuOn- i think im finally going to drop flygon for good :P shes causing so much debate and the fact that she is getting otuclassed so much says a lot.

In terms of revenge killing, salamence becomes a sparkling option too XD now im unsure of whether to use scarfed landorus, scarfed salamence, or banded mamoswine.... I guess i better start testing!

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Comparing Salamence with Flygon:

Flygon:

Trait: This Pokemon will not receive any damage from Ground-type moves.

HP: 80
Atk: 100
Def: 80
SAtk: 80
SDef: 80
Spd: 100

Salamence:

Trait: Whenever this Pokemon KOes another Pokemon (including allies in multi-battles), this Pokemon is given a one stage boost to Attack.

HP: 95
Atk: 135
Def: 80
SAtk: 110
SDef: 80
Spd: 100

I think this is the best option lol :D

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive / Naughty Nature
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Blast / Brick Break
~ Earthquake / Brick Break

And sorry for those editings don't know what happened :)

@LilOuOn- thanks :) i think choice scarf is just necessary for this team so i wont use mamoswine (although he does get an honorable mention, because who knows, i might actually use hime here if i need to replace something). The main thing though is now comparing landorus and salamence, both of which are excellent revenge killers. I have one who can scout, abuse tyranitars coming to the field withnhis ability, and hold the edgequake combo while killing off dragons. The other can wipe out hopeful steel types, kill with its dragon stabs, slam down ferrothorn and tyranitar with brick break (if used), and finish off with earthquake. As an upside, it can even boost its attck by a simple kill, and make a rampage. On the downside, its weak to stealth rock (unlike landorus), cant scout, and is slower than landorus. I honestly have no idea who to use, so i guess ill go on PO and try them both out.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
@LilOuOn- thanks :) i think choice scarf is just necessary for this team so i wont use mamoswine (although he does get an honorable mention, because who knows, i might actually use hime here if i need to replace something). The main thing though is now comparing landorus and salamence, both of which are excellent revenge killers. I have one who can scout, abuse tyranitars coming to the field withnhis ability, and hold the edgequake combo while killing off dragons. The other can wipe out hopeful steel types, kill with its dragon stabs, slam down ferrothorn and tyranitar with brick break (if used), and finish off with earthquake. As an upside, it can even boost its attck by a simple kill, and make a rampage. On the downside, its weak to stealth rock (unlike landorus), cant scout, and is slower than landorus. I honestly have no idea who to use, so i guess ill go on PO and try them both out.
Hmm...I think that Landorus-I is making a good synergy with the team. Remember that having a U-turner is not a bad option, also, the weakness to water on Landorus can make a nice combo with Gastrodon (u-turn on politoed or another water-type pokemon and then send out gastro, winning the boost in special attack).

DON'T USE LANDORUS THERIAN, USE LANDORUS INCARNATE lol.

I think this is the end of my participation on this team, but if i see interesting suggestions, i will be back to make another rate.

~LilOu

I really like this team. Why? Because you are using Scolipede and Flygon! I have used a Scolipede in OU before, and in my opinion, his best set is the Sword Dance set. It just works really well with his great speed and Bug/Ground/Rock coverage, so you may want to give it a try. Opposing Gengar look like they could be trouble. Other than that, great job! =P

I tried out landorus and so far, he is working fantastically. The one major problem im starting to run into, however,are bulky steel and water types. When heatran and gastrodon are both defeated, i start to struggle a little bit against them. Scrafty and the therian forms of thundurus and tornadus have also been giving a hard hand at me, and add with that the occasional phazer. Despite that, ive been able to hurdle all but that scrafty, whileit does maintain a bit of difficulty. Im pretty sure its my stupid mispredicitons and misclicks, but does my team actually counter these things correctly?

Btw when i was doing this, i dropped venipede for forretress and flygon for landorus. I think ill try salamence next and see if he does a little better than landorus.

Hi everyone :) I made some important changes to my team. These new changes have greatly affected my team. So far, I'm standing at a ranking of #767 (I got all the way up there in less than 30-45 minutes. I know it's not really a big deal like top 10 or top 100, but this is the farthest I've ever gone, so I'm really happy about it :)

All changes are in red.

Thanks of any feedback that comes back on this changed team. I appreciate it.

Also, thanks to all those who helped me reform my original team. You were all a big help, especially LilOuOn. :) Thanks again :D

It seems like rain teams poop all over this team, whether it be rain stall or rain offense or even balanced rain. Gastrodon is great, don't get me wrong, but many rain teams carry grass type moves as well, though even strong neutral hits, or toxic take care of it as well. Once it is gone, the rest of your team has no resists to water or electric. Skarmory, Heatran, Landorus, and Gengar are all easily taken care of, with Reuniclus as your saving grace. Unfortunately, it can't stand up to strong attacks or stall tactics such as taunt, encore, or phazing. I suggest fixing the rain weakness problem if you wish to climb higher on the ladder. Nice team overall, though. You're one or two changes from having a truly good team.

It seems like rain teams poop all over this team, whether it be rain stall or rain offense or even balanced rain. Gastrodon is great, don't get me wrong, but many rain teams carry grass type moves as well, though even strong neutral hits, or toxic take care of it as well. Once it is gone, the rest of your team has no resists to water or electric. Skarmory, Heatran, Landorus, and Gengar are all easily taken care of, with Reuniclus as your saving grace. Unfortunately, it can't stand up to strong attacks or stall tactics such as taunt, encore, or phazing. I suggest fixing the rain weakness problem if you wish to climb higher on the ladder. Nice team overall, though. You're one or two changes from having a truly good team.
thanks so much :) its true, rain teams have been a bit of trouble, especially tornadus and thundurus t, although with really careful prediction, I can counter them fast. The one thing about rain teams is saving gastrodon, so i always try to preserve it as best as i can. Reuniclus really saves my butt from dire situations, so an opponents 5-0 sweep ended with me winning the whole battle only using reuniclus. I've been thinking of possibly adding a bulky grass somewhere on my team to handle water and electric, but I have no idea who =? lol.

Thanks so much for the feedback and that compliment :) I really appreciate it. I truly want to make a great team, and I hope I get there someday :D

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hi again my friend!

I'm back from a 4-days trip to a faraway place where the rivers abounds.
However, i'm here to rate your team once again...

The Problem:

Yup, as @Episode36 said, once Gastro is dead, a powerful water-type move boosted by rain can kill all your team. The first pokemon that i can see doing this is Keldeo.
Choice specs keldeo can spam hydro pump and destroy you, however, he is not invincible.

The solution:

Amoongus. Yes, Amoongus. He can take every water type move without making an effort, also he can spore and neutralize every pokemon.
Sub Calm Mind Keldeo? Ha. Not a problem, run clear smog on Amoongus and all stats-boosts on the little pony are gone.

Now, I don't hate gengar, but i never use it because of his frailness, he is OHKO'ed by a lot of moves, so replacing him with Amoongus is a great idea (i think so).

Final Words:

Try this changes and then tell me about what happened, your friend...

~LilOu

Hi everyone :) the team has been updated and I would like to get new comments, advice, reviews, and rates on it.

CHANGES ARE IN PURPLE

EDIT: As of now, my team is currently ranked:

Your rank in No Preview OU is 109/6831 [1125 points / 3 battles]!

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Man, i'm very proud of this team progress!

However, i would suggest to try Refresh>Reflect on Latias. I have used that Latias many times before and i must say that the most annoying thing with she is Heatran using Toxic on her face and then laughing on Latias useful tries to roost...Refresh solves this problem, also solves the problem with the paralysis and the burn.
In the other hand, reflect is not that necessary because i suggest first finishing with Latias' threats and then send her out. You have a lot of defensive pokes on your team so Refresh is better for me...

Hope i helped (once again lol)

~LilOu

Man, i'm very proud of this team progress!

However, i would suggest to try Refresh>Reflect on Latias. I have used that Latias many times before and i must say that the most annoying thing with she is Heatran using Toxic on her face and then laughing on Latias useful tries to roost...Refresh solves this problem, also solves the problem with the paralysis and the burn.
In the other hand, reflect is not that necessary because i suggest first finishing with Latias' threats and then send her out. You have a lot of defensive pokes on your team so Refresh is better for me...

Hope i helped (once again lol)

~LilOu
Lol thanks again. You are always a big help :)

I was considering that option before, and it sounds good. Ill try it out and see how it fares. The only reason i needed reflect is to keep scizor and tyranitar off my butt so they do less damage, but its not like latias will live anyway lol. Also, paralyzation has troubled my sweet dragon bird before so ill make sure to try. Thanks for the rate again :D

One little change was made, and the color is Orange

Also, big update:

Your rank in No Preview OU is 54/6843 [1157 points / 4 battles]!

:D

any more advice or rates would be appreciated :)

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team is very solid! Not much I can say about.

Only thing I recommend you do with your RMT is to make a "Team Building Process" section, instead of just posting your new updated team over and over again. Basically it's just a layout of your team with a description, and each time you update your team you add a new team layout and explain what changes you made. This makes it much more efficient in telling the raters exactly why you made the decision to change a team member. Finally once your done, you close it up like this:

Like this.

If you want to see how it looks, look at my RMT here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3470442

Lastly, make your pictures a tad bit smaller, so it doesn't take up half the RMT. Other than that, great team and great layout!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)