Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

I just updated my Pokemon White Gauntlet. Link's in the signature below. I need two one-time challenges before I can continue.

Espeon65, you must solo Burgh with a Pokemon from Pinwheel Forest. You may not use Pansear, Simisear, Pidove, or Tranquill for this solo.

@Jimera0

Challenge for fighting Morty, the first move of any kind you can use against any of his pokemon has to be ground just to make sure that his pokemon have the ability levitate. If any pokemon is put asleep by hypnosis they must not switch out until they wake or alternatively they can be switched out and not be used for the remainder of the battle. Also if any of your pokemon have mean look used on them they cannot be used for the remainder of the battle after they have made their opponent faint. You have 4 pokemon for this challenge and their levels may not exceed 25 and their special defence must be lower than either of their attack stats.
I am FAR past Morty, and it's pretty damn clear you didn't read a damn thing if you didn't realize that. Please, if I say to read the details before giving out a Pokemon, READ THE DETAILS. I have them there for a reason.

@Jimera: I'll give you a one-time challenge. I'll give you one regarding Lugia, because you've already got some for the Elite 4 and it's kind of vague which order you're fighting them in, so...

For a guardian of the seas, Lugia's weird. Psychic/Flying, really? I can understand Psychic for whirlpools, but Flying? Hello, that's what Levitate's for. Do you really need Pressure anyways? I mean, is the Flying just to spite Ho-oh or something? That's cruel. It's not like Ho-oh's a Water/Flying to spite you. Anyways, Aeroblast won't mind being Water. Just change the name.

So, to help this lesson stick, you need to defeat Lugia using only Water type moves, just to show how superior of a type it is so Lugia can gain some sense the hard way. And by Water-type moves, I mean status moves too.
Ziposaki I'll accept it. At first I was going to say no based on the fact that the only Pokemon I have that can use water type moves is Bilious and the fact that I can, at most, obtain one more Pokemon that can learn them (a Dragonair), but I suppose it's doable with a lot of healing items. I might have to ask for changes pending my whole game challenge, because that could seriously impact the do-ability of this challenge.

So, just to clear it up, I only need ONE more challenge. This challenge should be a whole game challenge. Please, read the details here before posting a challenge. Because otherwise you'll just end up getting rejected.

Espeon65, you must solo Burgh with a Pokemon from Pinwheel Forest. You may not use Pansear, Simisear, Pidove, or Tranquill for this solo.
Okay, accepted, but its not gonna be easy. And I'm not gonna keep that pokemon (already have my team planned out, none in Pinwheel Forest).

Okay, I'm getting anxious to continue my gauntlet, so I'm gonna give myself a challenge: I need to solo Elesa with a pokemon that doesn't have a type advantage against electric (so, anyone but Avogadro).

@Jimera0: When you wish to use a damaging move during any battle, you must always use the move with the most PP left on that turn. Should this clash with the amended challenge of TheMagicalCake, this challenge is relaxed in order for you to comply with the former, and is also relaxed for Ziposaki’s challenge as well. As a note, if there is a tie for the most PP remaining between your damaging moves, you are free to choose any of the tied moves.

I’d also like to start a Medium Difficulty Black Gauntlet Challenge. I will be looking to take challenges after every two gyms. No trading, apart from any potential trade evolutions I train up. I will be using a Japanese cartridge for this, but should have no real impact on the run save for not understanding a word of what anyone says ingame.
Restrictions for challenges are as follows:
> I do not want to be forced to take on any specific Pokemon but I will allow general restrictions to the pool of Pokemon at my disposal.
> No Nuzlocke-esque gauntlet challenges.
> I am putting in a personal restriction in that I must use the same number of pokemon as the gym leader or E4 members do.
I am looking for two whole-game and two one-time gauntlet challenges to start off to get the ball rolling. This will most likely move at a leisurely pace due to work commitments but I intend to keep updating every gym or so.

Wyrms Eye, you may not boost any of your Pokemon's stats. If their stats get boosted by means you cannot control (opponent using Swagger, opponent using a stat-lowering move on a Pokemon with Defiant, etc.) they must switch out ASAP.

Okay, Wyrms Eye, you must have a monotype team. You can choose whatever type you want, but they must all have a type in common (primary/secondary doesn't matter). This doesn't mean you can't have HM slaves that aren't the same type. You just can't use any pokemon in battle who isn't the same type except as healfodder.

Wyrms Eye, you may not boost any of your Pokemon's stats. If their stats get boosted by means you cannot control (opponent using Swagger, opponent using a stat-lowering move on a Pokemon with Defiant, etc.) they must switch out ASAP.
Your edit comment has got my interest piqued. I'm definitely up for accepting this, but I'm open to looking at the harder option and 'upgrading' this gauntlet challenge. :) Just to clarify as well with this particular challenge, moves that have a chance of boosting a stat are legitimate to use, but should they boost a stat, a switch must be made. But a move such as Flame Charge for example is illegal because of the guaranteed stat boost it gives.

Okay, Wyrms Eye, you must have a monotype team. You can choose whatever type you want, but they must all have a type in common (primary/secondary doesn't matter). This doesn't mean you can't have HM slaves that aren't the same type. You just can't use any pokemon in battle who isn't the same type except as healfodder.
Accepted. I'm going to do a bit of research into the variety of types in Unova, but I think I have a couple of good bets in mind. Naix's challenge may actually play an interesting part in the choice of type I think...

Wyrms Eye, you must use no TMs or HMs in the Bug Gym.
Ideally I'd like one-time challenges that relate to the period of the game they are situated in, in this case, up to Lenora. I could hold onto this challenge until the second set of challenges, but I'm actually debating if this challenge is too easy in any case; I'm on the fence if it provides much restriction at all to me as it could be dependent on the type chosen for the monotype, and the selection of TMs available at that point. So I'm going to decline this one, unfortunately.

So I am still looking for two one-time gauntlet challenges before kicking off my run.

Your edit comment has got my interest piqued. I'm definitely up for accepting this, but I'm open to looking at the harder option and 'upgrading' this gauntlet challenge. :) Just to clarify as well with this particular challenge, moves that have a chance of boosting a stat are legitimate to use, but should they boost a stat, a switch must be made. But a move such as Flame Charge for example is illegal because of the guaranteed stat boost it gives.
Okay, here you go. Keep in mind that you do not have to accept this version.
Wyrms Eye, if any of your Pokemon's stats change in any way, shape, or form, they cannot battle for 2 whole Gyms. Yes, this means that if their stats get boosted or lowered at any point in the game after defeating Brycen, they cannot participate in battle for the rest of the game. (Note: This restriction does not come into play until you have more than one Pokemon, as it would be almost impossible otherwise.)

And regarding usable moves, you are correct on both accounts.

My Gauntlet Challenge

Gauntlet Challenge
-Leaf Green Version
-No trades :(
-Medium
-I would like 4 permanent challenges for the entire game
Note: No, I have never actually beaten the Elite 4 (which is what I'll be playing up to) on the Gen I remakes (yeah, yeah, laugh it up!) and I have had Fire Red since I got into Pokemon 'bout 7 years ago (yeah, laugh it up more) but I think with the challenges pushing me, and the support of the community, I think I can finish these games (and I actually have beaten the E4 on Blue).
  1. I cannot run from wild pokemon, or I have to trash 3000 pokedollars
  2. No healing items on bosses. Items for E4 TBD by how many points I accumulate through Boss Battles(Detailed information on Pika's post further down the thread)
  3. When I win a major battle, the highest level pokemon I fought must sit out for the next major battle
Thanks to Its_A_Random for such a speedy response and challenge #1!
Thank you Pika25 for challenge #2
Naix came up with challenge number 3!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gauntlet Challenge
-Leaf Green Version
-No trades :(
-Medium
-I would like 4 permanent challenges for the entire game
Note: No, I have never actually beaten the Elite 4 (which is what I'll be playing up to) on the Gen I remakes (yeah, yeah, laugh it up!) and I have had Fire Red since I got into Pokemon 'bout 7 years ago (yeah, laugh it up more) but I think with the challenges pushing me, and the support of the community, I think I can finish these games (and I actually have beaten the E4 on Blue).
ONGOING

You may never run away from a Wild Pokemon. Each time you do, you must spend 3000 Poke worth of Items & instantly dump those bought items.

Have fun.

Choice, once you get to a boss, you have to satisfy a subset of the following criteria: 1 no items (including held), 2 no STAB, 3 no SE, 4 no Pokes that resist (including immunity) the boss' specialty. (Option 4 may only apply to gym leaders not named Giovanni.) After you defeat the boss, you earn a point for each of these conditions you satisfy. By boss, I mean the following: Rival, Gym Leader, Giovanni. (Example: the rival fight in Oak's lab. The only attacks involved are Normal-type (Tackle and Scratch) and thus are not STAB on the starters yet are neutral against them, and as a corollary, you would earn 2 points, plus one more if you didn't use a Potion, from this battle alone.) Once you get to the League, count your points. This number determines item restrictions during your romp of the League.
  • 2-8: May not use any items at all, including revives, pp restoratives, and held items.
  • 9-15: Only held items are allowed.
  • 16-27: Revives and pp restoratives are now allowed, but revives cannot be used in battle.
  • 28-42: Revives are now allowed in battle.
  • 43-60: Potions (up to hyper) and ailment-healing items are now allowed.
  • 61+: No restriction.
Reject if you feel this is too complicated.

How about no fighting moves on Lenora?
Accepted, simple but could be rather effective at causing some difficulty.

Okay, here you go. Keep in mind that you do not have to accept this version.
Wyrms Eye, if any of your Pokemon's stats change in any way, shape, or form, they cannot battle for 2 whole Gyms. Yes, this means that if their stats get boosted or lowered at any point in the game after defeating Brycen, they cannot participate in battle for the rest of the game. (Note: This restriction does not come into play until you have more than one Pokemon, as it would be almost impossible otherwise.)

And regarding usable moves, you are correct on both accounts.
I'm tempted, but the last bit regarding the non-participation bit may put it a step too far imo. How about compromising to say with regards to the first challenge:

Wyrms Eye, you may not boost or lower any of your Pokemon's stats. If their stats get boosted or lowered by means you cannot control (opponent using Swagger, opponent using a stat-lowering move on a Pokemon with Defiant, etc.) they must switch out ASAP.

It may seem like a trivial compromise to the first challenge you set but a number of high power moves do have stat drawbacks that may become illegal as a result; Hammer Arm and Superpower being two notable moves.

@Wyrms Eye
That compromise is fine with me.

@Choiceface
When you win a major battle (Rival, Gym Leader, Boss, etc.), the highest-levelled Pokemon that fought in that fight must sit out of the next major battle. In the case of a tie, pick one at random. The first rival battle does not count as a major fight.

Choice, once you get to a boss, you have to satisfy a subset of the following criteria: 1 no items (including held), 2 no STAB, 3 no SE, 4 no Pokes that resist (including immunity) the boss' specialty. (Option 4 may only apply to gym leaders not named Giovanni.) After you defeat the boss, you earn a point for each of these conditions you satisfy. By boss, I mean the following: Rival, Gym Leader, Giovanni. (Example: the rival fight in Oak's lab. The only attacks involved are Normal-type (Tackle and Scratch) and thus are not STAB on the starters yet are neutral against them, and as a corollary, you would earn 2 points, plus one more if you didn't use a Potion, from this battle alone.) Once you get to the League, count your points. This number determines item restrictions during your romp of the League.
  • 2-8: May not use any items at all, including revives, pp restoratives, and held items.
  • 9-15: Only held items are allowed.
  • 16-27: Revives and pp restoratives are now allowed, but revives cannot be used in battle.
  • 28-42: Revives are now allowed in battle.
  • 43-60: Potions (up to hyper) and ailment-healing items are now allowed.
  • 61+: No restriction.
Reject if you feel this is too complicated.
Naix said:
@Choiceface
When you win a major battle (Rival, Gym Leader, Boss, etc.), the highest-levelled Pokemon that fought in that fight must sit out of the next major battle. In the case of a tie, pick one at random. The first rival battle does not count as a major fight.
Both are accepted! Only one challenge to go!

@Jimera0: When you wish to use a damaging move during any battle, you must always use the move with the most PP left on that turn. Should this clash with the amended challenge of TheMagicalCake, this challenge is relaxed in order for you to comply with the former, and is also relaxed for Ziposaki’s challenge as well. As a note, if there is a tie for the most PP remaining between your damaging moves, you are free to choose any of the tied moves.
No, I cannot do this. For one it makes it way too freaking hard. I wanted hard, not insane. Worse though is the fact it takes almost all the strategy out of battling unless I want to heavily rely on status moves. My move will always be decided for me by the amount of PP remaining. Challenges that prevent me from using strategy are not appreciated, as for me that's the whole point of these sort of challenges. Finding ways to work around them in battle and the like. Finally, it interacts with too many of my other challenges and just makes stuff way, way more complicated than it needs to be.

So I'm still looking for one more game long challenge. Sorry to be picky but at this point in the game when I already have so many other challenges, I kind of have to be if I hope to have a fighting chance of actually beating this. Please read the details here as well as my previous restrictions (in the link in my sig) before submitting one.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So, just to clear it up, I only need ONE more challenge. This challenge should be a whole game challenge. Please, read the details here before posting a challenge. Because otherwise you'll just end up getting rejected.
ONGOING

All Pokemon you catch from this point onward may only be allowed to use moves which they receive STAB on. This includes Status moves.

Have fun.

ONGOING

All Pokemon you catch from this point onward may only be allowed to use moves which they receive STAB on. This includes Status moves.

Have fun.
Gah, IAR that conflicts directly with:

Originally Posted by Fat TheMagicalCake
You can only use stab moves on odd numbered turns.
which was edited so that I couldn't use STAB twice in a row.

Thanks for responding to my request for a challenge but I need one that doesn't conflict with what I already have XD. Something to do with items perhaps? I don't have many restrictions with regards to those.

i gave you a one-time challenge this time, but i could give you an all game challenge. If it's allowed, here is your challenge:

Only 1 of your pokemon is allowed to hold items at any given time.

BONUS: No pokemon are allowed to hold items in any main battle (rival, gym leader, Red, etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)