July 2012 RU Usage Stats

Cofagrigus needs to go UU NOW! It will be the greatest thing in RU since quagsire. I'm no fanboy for him, but he can wall so many pokes on either side depending on investment and stockpile/toxic stall anything but grass types or anything with a strong HP grass. Sceptile and Gallade are, personally, the kings of the tier and deserve their spots in the top 10. Looks like Jynx may fall back to NU again, and honestly it is outclassed by offensive cryogonal and froslass, except jynx gets lovely kiss. Other than that, it doesn't deserve a place in RU. Looks like manectric hasn't gotten much love, but it makes a fantastic choiced attacker. While ferroseed seems to be outclassed by tangrowth in terms of typing, ferro's job is mainly hazard play and that is what it's good at. Bouffalant, in my opinion, is more potent of an attacker than escavalier or electivire, and speaking of, how is electivire that high in usage. I'm not meaning for it to drop to NU, but it's just plain outclassed in every role it plays (manectric and magneton on the special side, and bouffalant and druddigon and others on the physical side.) While E-vire is good for "surprise factor", it personally doesn't fit too well in the RU metagame.

Cofagrigus needs to go UU NOW! It will be the greatest thing in RU since quagsire. I'm no fanboy for him, but he can wall so many pokes on either side depending on investment and stockpile/toxic stall anything but grass types or anything with a strong HP grass. Sceptile and Gallade are, personally, the kings of the tier and deserve their spots in the top 10. Looks like Jynx may fall back to NU again, and honestly it is outclassed by offensive cryogonal and froslass, except jynx gets lovely kiss. Other than that, it doesn't deserve a place in RU. Looks like manectric hasn't gotten much love, but it makes a fantastic choiced attacker. While ferroseed seems to be outclassed by tangrowth in terms of typing, ferro's job is mainly hazard play and that is what it's good at. Bouffalant, in my opinion, is more potent of an attacker than escavalier or electivire, and speaking of, how is electivire that high in usage. I'm not meaning for it to drop to NU, but it's just plain outclassed in every role it plays (manectric and magneton on the special side, and bouffalant and druddigon and others on the physical side.) While E-vire is good for "surprise factor", it personally doesn't fit too well in the RU metagame.
Jynx won't fall back to NU. The only reason it's in full RU is because no other Pokes are present in BL3, the tier it would fall in otherwise.

Otherwise, I see that your arguments are perfectly valid.

Jynx is actually pretty fantastic. It's not outclassed by offensive Cryogonal; they're totally different. Jynx has an additional Psychic typing, more Special Attack, Lovely Kiss, a Water immunity, and Nasty Plot. I encourage you to use it; it deserves to be RU.

^ DTC just doesn't want it to go back to NU :p

Cofagrigus is quite balanced in RU. I don't even think that it should be #1, because there are a lot better Pokemon out there. While the defensive set does wall a ton of things, it gets worn down easily due to having to rely on Rest or Pain Split; plus, there are a lot of Pokemon which can counter and check Cofagrigus- it'll only go UU because of usage, if anything. Also Jynx isn't outclassed by Froslass because Froslass isn't in the tier xD. It's a unique Pokemon tbh, but I don't think it's too great because of all the Fire-types, Spiritomb, and Escavalier. About Quagsire... not quite sure why it's RU, as I barely saw any when it changed tiers and still don't see it that often now, so he might drop :3

Jynx isn't outclassed by Froslass because Froslass isn't in the tier xD. It's a unique Pokemon tbh, but I don't think it's too great because of all the Fire-types, Spiritomb, and Escavalier.
Even if Froslass dropped for some reason, Jynx wouldn't be outclassed. Nasty Plot, a Water Immunity, AND Lovely Kiss make it good.

I've become convinced that Jynx is bad. Yesterday I 1HKO'd it with Extremespeed from an unboosted Life Orb Entei. If it's 1HKOd by that it's probably 1HKOd by anything it doesn't resist.

I've become convinced that Jynx is bad. Yesterday I 1HKO'd it with Extremespeed from an unboosted Life Orb Entei. If it's 1HKOd by that it's probably 1HKOd by anything it doesn't resist.
Ever heard that is counters the biggest threat in RU atm? Kabutops can't aqua jet it and lovely kiss allows it to kill kabutops with ease or just OHKO it with a focus blast.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Most pokemon will get little time to actually hit jynx unless it misses as the most common set has both a sleep inducing move and substitute, which will protect it from most attacks and priority. Jynx also has a lot of speed to throw up a substitute or put the opponent to sleep, meaning priority is the only real problem. The 3 most common priority moves are extremespeed, sucker punch, and aqua jet. Out of those three only extremespeed actually hits it 100% of the time. Jynx also has a pretty good special defense stat along with dry skin, giving it the niche of countering standard shell smash omastar among things like kabutops and feraligatr thanks to its aqua jet immunity. Jynx actually has very few hard counters, being limited to escavalier and uhhh..... maybe munchlax but it pretty much gets destroyed by psyshock after rocks.

just because a pokemon is weak to priority or is frail doesnt mean its terrible.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
And I OHKOed Ho-oh with Geodude, by your logic, this means Ho-oH sucks. FREE HO-OH.

And lol, who the fuck keeps Jynx in Entei when she is not behind a sub?

ss234

bop.
If the opponent has brought in an Entei on your Jynx, then you switch out to a ghost or Kabutops. Jynx does check quite a few of the most popular pokemon in the metagame at the moment. Nidoqueen and Kabutops are just two examples. Every pokemon has counters-it's like saying that Moltres is terrible because it can be beaten by Lanturn. It still annihilates many teams.

TropiOUs, while it is true that you cannot switch Entei in on Jynx without substitute, Entei nonetheless revenge-kills Jynx. This happens a lot with people who want to incapacitate Entei with sleep and think that he'll blitz on instinct because Jynx is Ice.

Kabutops isn't actually that good of an Entei counter as it's frail. While I can't deny that it 2HKO's Entei 100 percent of the time and usually 1HKO's if Entei is SR damaged or has had a previous battle, Entei can actually 2HKO Kabutops providing it doesn't have the sense to Aqua Jet on turn two and it has at least 5 or 10 percent damage. Although anyone who switches in Entei on Kabutops is insane. I think I've mentioned Amoonguss too many times now to mention it again in relation to Kabutops.

Neither Lanturn nor Geodude is as common as Entei is. Although I can't say that every Pokemon has counters. Focus Sash Substitute Shedinja anyone?

P.S. Don't believe anything that Molk says when replying to me, he's biased.
P.P.S. How exactly does one KO Ho-oh with Geodude?

ss234

bop.
If anyone keeps Jynx in on Entei at all unless they have a sub up, then they are pretty dumb and deserve to be swept. I don't really see how this has anything to do with the stats either. By the way, Substitute Focus Sash Shedinja was a joke right?

Just throwing this in here. I run HP Grass on my Entei and with good prediction you can KO Kaputops. I have done this more than I can count, because like what Hunt said the majority of people seriously assume that Entei Blitzs the first chance it gets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)