Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It seems Mew is going to move back down to UU along with Tornadus and Virizion.

Also,
stats said:
| 48 | Reuniclus | 26454 | 4.918% | 20787 | 4.772% |
reUUniclus January 2013?

Not many people use Mew...I only know one person that use mew around in another forum...he really good at making unique teams as well...i see alot of pokes i use are dropping as well...ninetales,virizion, and etc..I really been trying to build a sun team...I just guess a sun team is not as good as a rain team...I still haven't tweaked the right way yet to get my own original sun team to work...its just easier i guess to make a noob rain team then sun team...imo im having trouble with it then just slapping together a rain team...

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Code:
| 27   | empty              | 261    |  4.619% | 0      |  0.000% | 
| 28   | Heatran            | 231    |  4.088% | 178    |  4.666% |
I guess people would rather use 5 Pokemon in Balanced Hackmons rather than actually put a Heatran in that empty slot.

Balance Hackmons
| 16 | Swinub | 548 | 9.699% |
Ok this kinda might be my fault...

Balance Hackmons leads
| 3 | Kyurem-White | 275 | 4.900% |
Well this definitely is my fault...
But its not as bad number 19 in regular Hackmons right?

Abomasnow deserves to be OU. Not only does it cancel rain, but counters Politoed who can only threaten a 70% accurate focus blast.

Interesting to see that the Amoonguss hype has died down. However good it may be as a Pokemon, that metagame really isn't that catered for it with Tornadus-T and Sun in such high usage. It has big competition as the best user of Spore in OU from Breloom, while a lot of people still prefer to use Ferrothorn rather than Amoonguss in their Rain Teams.

I may have to try UU, a lot of big changes namely Virizion, and even Tornadus-I?
| 98 | Tornadus | 6148 | 1.143% | 4662 | 1.070% |
With new releases and such, a lot of OU Pokemon are in UU territory, which is going to shape up for a very interesting outcome.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Code:
| 27   | empty              | 261    |  4.619% | 0      |  0.000% | 
| 28   | Heatran            | 231    |  4.088% | 178    |  4.666% |
I guess people would rather use 5 Pokemon in Balanced Hackmons rather than actually put a Heatran in that empty slot.
I'm not sure how the logs collect incomplete teams, but if I had to guess this would be teams of just Sturdy Shedinja.

Speaking of which, many of the Balance Hackmons pokemon have significantly more real usage than usage, which IIRC is a bug.

Although I don't really play Ubers that much, I have to agree with "ThisMysteriousGuy", Latias with Soul Dew is just amazing in the tier but is still not in the top 25, hopefuly people will realize how good it actually is:

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Kyogre (+SpAtk) Water Spout vs 112 HP/0 SpDef Soul Dew Latias: 36,17% - 42,86%
3 hits to KO

Not to mention the power it has.

Also, Virizion, Meloetta and Tornadus will be fun in UU next month.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Very surprised that Terrakion has dropped out of the top 15 in usage. A Rock Polish set does work on the current metagame. Other than that, can't say I'm too shocked by these statistics. Politoed at #1 is obvious. Dragonite, Scizor, and Tyranitar are still up there as well. No big changes, really. Great to see Genesect getting some love at #14.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
| 1 | Politoed | 105968 | 19.698% | 96641 | 22.185% |

I leave for a couple months and this is what I get

Seems things are quite chaotic in OU. That's nice.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Things that I am not surprised happening:

• Politoed: With the rain dominance it would be obvious that it would get that level of usage.
  • Tornadus-I (possibly) becoming UU: Tornadus-I is arguably outclassed by it's chicken Therian form.
  • Abomasnow: No place for hail in the current meta, I think.
Things that I don't understand:

• Virizion: Peharps because of Tornadus-T? Because taking down this fact, it fares well against rain teams.
  • Keldeo: It deserves much, much more love than that. Why it is getting such low usage?
Well, when Keldeo and Tornadus-T were released, rains usage surged.

But Keldeo as you can see is not being used that much and Tornadus-T is not the only reason why Rain teams became dominant.

| 90 | Meloetta | 6867 | 1.277% | 5209 | 1.196% |

After all of the hype it looks like Meloetta is dropping to UU :(

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
| 90 | Meloetta | 6867 | 1.277% | 5209 | 1.196% |

After all of the hype it looks like Meloetta is dropping to UU :(
I don't know why I'm not surprised. I don't have a concrete explication for this. All that I know is that it's SubCM set is arguably outclassed by Jirachi and Reuniclus, I can't say nothing because I never played Meloetta as so to compare how does it fare in comparation wich Reuniclus and Jirachi.

OU Suspect
Yeahhhhhh Garchomp and Genesect 1 and 2.... Garchomp isn't broken without sand veil... hope it stays.

UU
Roserade is no longer #1
Raikou and Snorlax in top 10
Mienshao at 13 is cool

As always, great job on the stats Antar(:

| 48 | Reuniclus | 26454 | 4.918% | 20787 | 4.772% |
Oh my god, if Reuniclus(Which is my favorite Pokemon btw, but who cares?) actually drops to UU... (I know it's not in the dropping range but it's dangerously close)

God save us all.

| 40 | Metagross | 30827 | 5.730% | 25383 | 5.827% |

It's a shame that all this time I thought Metagross was actually good, only to be proven wrong by that article on Stuff You Should Not Be Using
It'd be really interesting if Metagross actually drop to UU.

On second thought... We need more checks to Fighting Types in UU, so that might not be a bad idea. Metagross would be a fantastic check to Heracross down in UU if Metagross dropped.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In suspect, Specs and Scarf Keldeo are most common, which is great because imo those are best sets.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
love how garchomp makes up like 50% of the suspect tier and genesect is second place because of its ability to check it. also, what's up with those dragonite set EVs o_O 212+ atk / 148 def / 148 spe? anybody know what exactly those benchmarks are for?

In suspect, Specs and Scarf Keldeo are most common, which is great because imo those are best sets.
Actually,

Code:
 +----------------------------------------+ 
 | Keldeo                                 | 
 | Abilties                               | 
 | Justified 100.000%                     | 
 | Items                                  | 
 | [B]Leftovers 25.625%  [/B]                    | 
 | Choice Specs 24.250%                   | 
 | Life Orb 23.625%                       | 
 | Choice Scarf 22.625%                   | 
 | Other  3.875%                          | 
As I say in the post, you have to take those "most common sets" with a grain of salt--what it probably means more than anything is that there was exactly one guy who used that specific Specs Keldeo set who had more suspect battles than anyone else with a Keldeo (or so I suspect).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Code:
 | 42   | [B]Magikarp[/B]           | 111    |  1.965% | 40     |  1.049% | 
 | 43   | Giratina-Origin    | 110    |  1.947% | 78     |  2.045% | 
 | 44   | Dragonite          | 109    |  1.929% | 82     |  2.150% | 
 | 45   | Rampardos          | 109    |  1.929% | 88     |  2.307% | 
 | 46   | Jirachi            | 107    |  1.894% | 73     |  1.914% | 
 | 47   | Scizor             | 102    |  1.805% | 73     |  1.914% | 
 | 48   | [B]Escavalier[/B]         | 102    |  1.805% | 59     |  1.547% | 
 | 49   | [B]Archeops[/B]           | 100    |  1.770% | 66     |  1.730% | 
 | 50   | [B]Regirock[/B]           | 95     |  1.681% | 76     |  1.992% |
Can we just ban Magikarp from Balanced Hackmons so we don't have this bullshit in the tier? It's even worse in Hackmons, where Magikarp is an astounding... 19th. Seriously, does nobody take this seriously anymore? Magikarp above so many useful Pokemon. Magikarp.

Code:
| 142  | Arceus-Grass       | 13     |  0.230% | 9      |  0.236% |
This was me. I figured that Grass needed some love as a type in BH besides Ferrothorn, and it has merit over Shaymin-S in 1) not being weak to SR, and 2) Judgement leaving Imposter Blissey weaker against other team members.

Lightning Rod Zapdos is the Pokemon our metagame so desperately needs.

Despite laddering pretty well I don't believe I've encountered many Starmies. I am actually surprised to see one of my favorite Pokemon so high in usage.

I was also expecting Latios/Latias to be higher than they currently are as they work very well when paired with Pokemon like Heatran.

And Keldeo as 46? You've got to be kidding me. He is a great offensive option for rain teams. Tornadus-T can not be solely responsible for keeping his usage down ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)