Morning Glory

Morning Glory

With school about to start, and the probable release of Garchomp into the OU tier, I thought it'd be a good idea to release this team. Sun has been a weather which I wanted to try for some time, but I shied away from it, thinking it would be really tough trying to maintain the weather against Politoed and Tyranitar, both of which could pose a threat to Ninetales. With the discovery of Magma Storm Heatran (don't worry mine's a little different) and Dugtrio, Sun's dominance rose in the metagame, and although Heatran / Dugtrio weren't the end-all solution to the opposing weathers because of opposing trappers, they are pretty damn good at their job and can get you to keep up your weather if played right. With this in mind, I wanted to differentiate from the same repetitive Ninetales / Volcarona / Venusaur / Dugtrio or Heatran / Forretress or Donphan / x teams that were cropping up and decided to take a look at the smogon pokedex for some underrated sets which would shine under the sun. Moltres was the one which caught my attention. With a healthy Special Attack stat, 90 / 90 / 85 Defenses, and the blazing speed after an Agility, Moltres could destroy teams. Scarf Terrakion and Band Scizor are like the two common "checks" (outside of the weather inducers) to the dominant Sun Sweepers, Venusaur and Volcarona, and both will fall victim to Fire Blast and Solar Beam. There was a problem though... Stealth Rock and the immense dependence on the sun. The Sun is what Moltres would use to even burn the Dragons into smithereens, and without it, it would lose a lot of power and of course the traditional fat sisters which plague every specially based sweeper. This is were Heatran came in, and the rest of the team soon after. (i.e. I'm too lazy to make the team building process :P) Outside of being based around Moltres, I also wanted to limit the opportunities given to my opponent to set-up, and this is true most of the time with the right predictions. I don't have any ladder record with this team, because even though I'm an ok team builder, I suck at battling (my highest with the team was 1800). I'll also give the in-depth descriptions of the members starting from Moltres and going on from there, since that's the order the team was built and would be like a moveset / team building process all in one.
-----

Moltres @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- SolarBeam
---

When I was looking for something to build a sun team around I was looking for an unconventional yet powerful weapon to riddle the common threats in the metagame with. Moltres was this weapon. Under the sun and the given EVs, Scarf Terrakion is outsped and destroyed by Solar Beam, same goes for Rotom-W and Gastrodon. Hidden Power Ground is for Heatran, who seems to be a very common switch-in to Moltres from the puzzled and confused opponent when he sees an Agility Moltres. Fire Blast is for the impeccable STAB, beefed up by the sun. At first glance it might seem that Dragons wall this set and can set-up on it or whatever, but this is not the case,

Fire Blast vs. Salamence 4 HP/0 SDef neutral nature : 73.7% - 87%
Fire Blast vs. Latios 4 HP/0 SDef neutral nature : 61.9% - 73.2%
Fire Blast vs. Haxorus 0 HP/0 SDef neutral nature : 93.2% - 109.6%
Fire Blast vs. Dragonite 0 HP/0 SDef neutral nature : 62.8% - 74% (w/o Multiscale)
Fire Blast vs. Hydreigon 0 HP/0 SDef neutral nature : 68.3% - 80.3%
Fire Blast vs. Latias 252 HP/0 SDef neutral nature : 44.5% - 52.7%

As shown, after a little prior damage and Stealth Rock, all those Dragons risk getting KOed (except for Latias -_-). What I'm referring to by saying a little prior damage is when these guys try to switch-in to Lilligant and stop it from sweeping there team after a boost, or attempt to take on Heatran's Magma Storm, they fall into range, and can get KOed by Fire Blast. The thing is, it doesn't necessarily have to be Moltres who sweeps the team, it can also work as Moltres weakening the opposing Dragons and either KOing (or severely weakening specially defensive variants) Heatran for Liligant to sweep. It might seem like Moltres doesn't get many set-up opportunities, but things like Scarf Terrakion choice-locked into Close Combat, Landorus locked into Earthquake Scizor locked into Bullet Punch or Superpower, and the ability to force out threats like Breloom and Ferrothorn (unless they're really ballsy), as well as a few more that I might've missed are pretty common in order for Moltres to set-up and wreck teams (it can also take a hit to set-up if needed, 90 / 90 / 85 is not bad by any means).

If I've somehow inspired to use this set, please, PLEASE, use it in the sun only, and do whatever it takes to keep Stealth Rock off the field. But more of the former, Moltres feeds on the sun, so if you don't have Drought, don't use it. Seriously. Don't do it.
-----

Heatran (F) @ Passho Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

---

Heatran was the second member added to the team, and for good reason. While it's not good as TobesTran with Sunny Day / Solar Beam to trap and outright KO Tyranitar and Politoed, it does cripple them, and makes it easier for me to win the weather war. The reason why I didn't go with the Sunny Day / SolarBeam variant was because of the two major roadblocks to Moltres's sweep, Chansey and Blissey. With Magma Storm + Taunt + Toxic, I rack up quite a lot of damage (especially with sun, since MS does up to 40%) on those two, that when they decide to switch out and then come back in, they won't be at high enough health to actually tank anymore hits. It lures both of them out most of the time, since they expect the rising TobesTran set if they saw Magma Storm (although I try my best to keep it hidden until the right moment), which doesn't really carry a move to deter the two blobs, and they can just cripple it with T-wave, and chip off with Seismic Toss, but they can't do it against this variant. Heatran is also a crucial member due to it being the only Dragon- type resist, and although they don't get a chance to set-up on anything (except for Lilligant, but I keep Sleep Powder for reserve against a Dragonite), Heatran can still switch-in and cripple them with Toxic (or do a good amount with sun boosted Magma Storm). The EVs are for maximum attack output, and the ability to outspeed opposing Heatran, since they can be a bitch to the team. Passho Berry is there because I don't carry Sunny Day, and it helps when I Toxic to cripple opposing Politoed as they Scald.
-----

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic / Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

---

The team was quickly racking up a common weakness to Water- type moves (God forbid, if the sun isn't up), and also the pointed stones which pierce at Moltres's wings every time it steps in the battle field so hard, that it can only switch-in twice. Tentacruel can solve both of these issues while also lure out Jellicent who want to Spin-block, and instead get cripple by Toxic. Not only this, but Tentacruel also KOes, or severely hurts the common hazard users, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress with Hidden Power Fire so they can leave my team alone for good, because nothing likes hazards on this team. I didn't want to put Scald anywhere because it already doesn't do a ton to opposing Heatran, and with the Sun, it will only do less. Toxic is a good way to check Volcarona, who can't really hurt Tentacruel badly, and get crippled in return. I have used Haze as well, as Reuniclus likes to set-up on Tentacruel and Tentacruel is forced to man up and erase its boosts with Haze. I tend to switch between them a lot, but mostly stick with Toxic, because crippling Jellicent is appreciated by Moltres. Liquid Ooze is on this thing, because Ferrothorn loves to Leech Seed this poor jellyfish, and try to escape its death by a second Hidden Power Fire, only to have its own HP leeched (bringing it on Conkeldurr's Drain Punch is also nice). Ice Beam is for Dragons mainly, since the last thing I need is a Dragonite rampaging through this team, and I always want the members in my team to limit the opportunities they give to the foe to do their thing. The Speed EVs are to outspeed neutral nature Politoed and Adamant Breloom, while the rest in dumped into Physical bulk, because it's defense is meager, and it can take Special Attacks fine even without the investment.
-----

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---

I realized that even know Moltres was the centerpiece of the team, there may be a time where I have to rely on something else to win if I can't get the sun up, and that something, was Lilligant. Unlike other Cholorphyll sweepers, Lilligant isn't enitrely dependent on the sun, as after a Quiver Dance it can put a dent in Sand / Rain / Hail teams alike. I used to have a utility set with more bulk and Healing Wish over Quiver Dance, to work as a failsafe for Moltres if I wasn't able to spin, but I like this set more, because the previous couldn't really do much against opposing weather teams if Sun wasn't up without any boosting move. I really hate VoltTurn (not because it's ineffective, but because it's so annoying -_-), and the set allows you to break the chain, by hitting the two primary components Scizor or Genesect and Rotom-W hard, and if the former decides to use Bullet Punch, you survive thanks to the EV Spread (credit to Stone_Cold for it, since I stole this set from his team) and KO back with HP Fire. Sleep Powder has also come in handy numerous times, stopping a sweep from the dreaded Reuniclus, getting up a few boosts and finishing the game with Giga Drain or tucking away the blood-thirsty Dragonite. Like I said, I sometimes have to play Moltres recklessly to open holes for Lilligant instead by weakening Dragons and Heatran, and Lilligant takes full advantage of it. Oh and, another Water- type resist is very much appreciated, since I have more than half of my team weak to it. Fuk Venusaur
-----

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
---

Blissey was going to be a whore to the team because even though Heatran can take it out, I need back-up because it might not always work, and I need Stealth Rock for obvious reasons, and a big threat to defensive teams would be nice, and of course, a switch-in to CB Tyranitar's / Terrakion's Stone Edge. Terrakion was that Pokemon all rolled into one. Much like Lilligant, it's not weather reliant and can pose a significant threat regardless of weather. I knew I was limited in choice, because I only had 1 free slot, the other was automatically filled by Ninetales, and Terrakion is the only Pokemon which could fulfill all these roles. It gets a ton of opportunities to set-up Stealth Rock due to the amount of switches he causes, and unlike a few other Stealth Rock users he is not prone to set-up, posing a threat with his dual STAB, and taking down walls early after a Swords Dance boost. Stealth Rock does not hamper his position as an offensive threat either, because its excellent dual STAB provide the perfect coverage to hurt teams after a boost.
-----

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SAtk / 120 Spd
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-O-Wisp
---

I don't know why Game Freak didn't give Drought to a better Pokemon. Man Heatran would've raped with this ability.. Anyway, Ninetales is here for one reason, and one reason only, to provide the eternal sun. The EVs are originally for Sunny Day Ninetales, back when I thought Fire Spin traps the opponent even when the user switches out, so I had a strategy of Ninetales trapping Politoed and Tyranitar, outpacing them with the Speed EVs, setting up Sunny Day, then switching to Lilligant or Terrakion to care of the two, but these thoughts were shattered because Fire Spin / Magma Storm wear off when the user switches :(. I never really changed the EVs after that discovery, because I didn't really know what to invest in.

Roar is there to pHaze Volcarona or Reuniclus thinking they're cute and try to set-up, Will-O-Wisp is to prevent Gyarados from setting-up, which would be a nightmare for this team. Flamethrower is a safer option, and Ninetales really does need the reliability to stay safe for the entirety of the match for the weather (unless I'm against a weatherless team, in that case, fuck Ninetales lol), as a miss can be crucial. Leftovers is the primary option due to the lack of a recovery move, but I ran Fighting Gem a few times for fun, as it can do like 70% after two hits to Tyranitar in the Sandstorm (and you can also throw Will-O-Wisp into the mix), but yeah Leftovers is compulsory.
-----

So yeah that's pretty much the team, I had fun using it and I really wish I could've come up with it sooner to try it out in one of the BW Tournaments. I made this team for fun but at the same time be able to handle the majority of the threats in the metagame. I will use this team again when I get time to once school starts so the rates will definitely be of help. Reuniclus is something which is a pain to deal with if it sets-up. It only really gets a chance on Tentacruel, and that's why I even considered Haze in the first place, to erase its boosts. Everything else hits it hard (or Ninetales can pHaze). I'm pretty happy with the team mostly because of the unconventional Moltres set, since it's always good to throw a curve ball or two in the team to throw the opponent off. I hope you all enjoyed the RMT, thanks for reading :)

-----

Hey.

This is a really solid team and the use of Moltres is great, props for that. I looked through and found one thing that can trouble you here and that was Terrakion, with a Choice Scarf it can heavily dent anything you try to switch into it, especially if it has Earthquake. For this reason I would try Landorus-T>Terrakion, It can still provide Stealth Rock and with Earthquake it can 2HKO Blissey with Rocks up however you also get the option to run superpower aswell to heavily dent them both, It also has more power than Terrakion albeit not good STABs for its coverage. The only problem is that it is slightly slower however this isn't much of a problem. It also still has Swords Dance to help. The reason I chose Landorus-T over Landorus is because with Intimidate it can take Stone Edges much easier than Landorus could. Also this is only a suggestion as I didn't really want to mess up this team much since It's pretty awesome so feel free to not use it. Solid team and good luck.

Landorus-T @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Nature Jolly
-Stealth Rock
-Swords Dance/Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Superpower/Stone Edge

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey afterburn, nice team! Moltress :DDD

First of all you Moltres' HP EVs give it an even number of HP meaning you die on your second switch into Stealth Rocks, although you have a spinner and you're unlikely to be switching into Stealth Rocks, spinblockers can force you to do so, even then you'd just die Life Orb recoil after one attack but you never know when that 1 hit can win you the game. I recommend moving 4 SAtk EVs into HP or just taking 4 HP EVs and putting them into Defense, either will give you odd hp, so basically: a spread of 72 HP / 248 SAtk / 188 Spe or 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 188 Spe. The first EV spread will also give you a favourable Life Orb recoil number.

Secondly, you may want to try a Focus Sash over Life Orb on Terrakion, this'll make Terrakion a more reliable Stealth Rocker and will give you more oppurtunities to get up an SD, this also allows you to suprise Scizor, Breloom, and other priority users by living their Priority moves and KOing back. Sometimes you can even bluff a Choice item meaning pokemon such as Volcarona may think they can set up on you when they think you're locked into Close Combat, but then you knock them out with a Stone Edge. This can even give you an emergency option if a sweeper is barreling through your team. Overall although you'll miss the power of LO, Focus Sash will give you some amazing suprise factor and Terrakion will be at +2 more often.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Luvdisc'd :)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Great team here, and I really love the name!

Not much I can really think of to replace on this team. But, one thing I can suggest is trying out Hidden Power Ice on Lilligant. Although a bit of a preferance, I really feel like this always does better than Hidden Power Fire. You could also try a bit faster spread on Ninetails. 248 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spe Timid allows you to outrun Jolly Mamoswine, which can be a bit annoying for your team. Both of these are options, and in now way do you have to use them as the team already looks great.

Good luck and luvdisc!

This is a pretty coo team, but it is a bit weak to some offensive powerhouses due to its very offensive nature. The first of these threats is sheer force landorus, which can sweep your team because you have 4 ground weak pokemon and moltres and lilligant cannot switch into life orb psychic, especially with hazards. The best switch in to special attacking landorus is cresselia, who can also take hits from Terrakion, Another huge threat to your team. Where to put it though, I do not know. You could use a bulky growth venusaur over lilligant, a cresselia over tentacruel, but then you are down a water resist. Cool idea, but note you lack defense.

I just finished my first match and had a victory of 4-0. And now just finished 2nd match with it, won by 5-0... well did not face weather teams. Anyway what I noticed is that the team lacks Physical Attackers, as the only one you do have is Terrakion and once he is down, you are fucked with Blissey. I recommend running a Physical Venusaur set instead of Lilligant. I second what Aquaaa said about Landorus-T>Terrakion

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Lilligant and heatran are capable of handling Blissey on their own @ Doom Dawg.

The biggest threat to your team has to be landorus. it can take a stone edge from terrakion after rocks, ohko back, and outspeed everything else on your team (lilligant out of sun) and threaten to ohko them all. Substitute variants are even scarier.

I would replace Terrakion with a Skarmory. It allows you to handle physical landorus a lot better and gives you a better answer to sub CM latias. Skarmory does open up a few holes as it is vulnerable to special threats that wouldn't be able to switch in to Terrakion like Thundurus-T, Jolteon, Rotom-W, Jirachi, Hydreigon but you have decent answers to them.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Impish (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Taunt

A spread of 252 / 190 / 68 allows you to never be OHKO'd by Focus Blast by Sheer Force landorus after rocks.

Also if you give your Tentacruel a spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed Timid nature, you outspeed Adamant Dragonite (and Mamoswine) and will be able to hit it with an Ice Beam before it can outrage on you.

Sup LK,

try a Timid nature and an EV spread of 248 HP / 248 Defense / 12 Speed on Tentacruel. This lets you outrun Dragonite / Gyarados so you can Ice Beam / Toxic them before they Outrage / Substitute. Also, since Tenta is your main switch-in to rain, I would definitely give it Rain Dish as well; if you expect a Ferrothorn Leech Seed, you can just switch to Lilligant.

I also don't think Earth Power is all that useful on Heatran, since all it's really hitting is other Tran, who is lured and killed by Moltres. I'd like to see Hidden Power Ice over EP to assist in checking Dragonite, since the DD sets rarely carry Earthquake and the CB sets will usually be locked into Outrage. If you do this, drop the Speed EVs to 192 [assuming default IVs of 30 Spe] to outrun Adamant Nite, and then throw the rest in HP for some extra bulk.

I don't like how your best Tyranitar switch, Terrakion, will get raped by Superpower from CB / Scarf sets, and is wearing itself down with its own Life Orb. I would replace it with an offensive Landorus-Therian, who can fill the same role with lower speed, but higher attack, and most importantly Intimidate, which lets it easily take on any Tyranitar lacking Ice Beam [those that do are the weak specially defensive mixed sets that Ninetales beats, so no worries there]. Intimidate is also massively useful for weakening the blows of various other physical attackers such as Lucario, who currently sweeps you with +2 Close Combats / Bullet Punches / ExtremeSpeed.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

This team is really solid, <3 Moltres [although apparently you're not yet aware of the mighty RainTres's STAB Hurricane...], and I like how it breaks away from the standard sun core that's been used a million times. You, sir, have earned a luvdisc.

Landorus-T > Terrakion
I like the idea and agree with your points, and I'll test the change. The only thing that's a little bit of a concern is NP Thundurus-T if Ninetales goes down, Terrakion is able to revenge kill it (and that it's the only "fast" thing on the team outside of sun), but that's not too big of a problem if I can keep the sun up. thanks for the rate

4 SAtk EVs into HP or just taking 4 HP EVs and putting them into Defense, either will give you odd hp, so basically: a spread of 72 HP / 248 SAtk / 188 Spe or 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 188 Spe. The first EV spread will also give you a favourable Life Orb recoil number.

Focus Sash over Life Orb on Terrakion
I'll adjust the EVs, thanks for that, but where are the leftover EVs in both spreads?. Life Orb actually comes in pretty handy, as when Terrakion is at +2, it can have a good shot at KOing Skarmory, and most importantly Reuniclus and Jellicent, the former which is a little bit annoying for the team. It's also my main rock- resist, and tends to come in on stuff like Tyranitar's Stone Edge, so the sash will be broken more often than not, even if I keep SR off the field. It's still a cool option though, I'll see how it goes. thanks for the rate

HP Ice > HP Fire, 248 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spe Timid on Ninetales
Yeah that's a good spread, mamo is a bitch, will change. HP Fire is mainly there for the ever popular VoltTurn as I can break the Rotom-W / Scizor Genesect core, I'll still test out HP Ice though, as weakening the dragons (latios mainly) is major for Moltres. thanks for the rate
Venusaur > Lilligant
Same thing I said to Doom Dawg about Venusaur.

Physical Venusaur set instead of Lilligant. I second what Aquaaa said about Landorus-T>Terrakion
I'll try the Landorus as I said, but Lilligant is valuable for its ability to sweep outside of the sun which has saved me many times, something Venusaur lacks. Sleep Powder is also a very handy "oh-shit" button, something I'll struggle to fit on Physical Venusaur since it needs all its moves or else it will be walled by certain threats. Besides, Terrakion is enough to take out Blissey, and Heatran is also there to lure out and hurt Blissey.

Skarmory > Terrakion
Unfortunately, both CB Tyranitar and Terrakion will be able to 2HKO with Stone Edge now, seeing as without my own Terrakion, Skarmory would have to be the main switch-in, not to mention it also slows down the pace of the team. I agree that Landorus is threatening but I'd probably have to stick to a minor change like Air Balloon over Leftovers on Ninetales.

try a Timid nature and an EV spread of 248 HP / 248 Defense / 12 Speed on Tentacruel with Rain Dish

HP Ice > Earth Power on Heatran

Landorus > Terrakion
Hey BKC, I'll try the spread of Tentacruel, the extra speed is appreciated, and yeah I was considering trying Rain Dish, so I'll test that out too. I used to have HP Ice over Earth Power, the thing was that under the sun I can't really switch anything to opposing Heatran, fearing a Fire Blast if they predict the switch. Earth Power is also the only reliable way to damage Politoed after the trap + Toxic, as well as Blissey. Landorus is also something I'm going to try as the other raters said, probably Swords Dance over U-turn or something. thanks for the rate.

This is a really well built team afterburn so great job on that.I can't really find any major weaknesses as you seem to have some way or the other which is nice but a hole that I can see at the moment is the fact that the ever so common core of Genesect+Dugtrio really puts intense pressure on your team, Dugtrio can pretty much trap and KO Tentacruel, Ninetales, Heatran and Terrakion if played right which is not really appealing, you have Moltres, but if Dugtrio's sash is intact it can deal heavy damage to KO Moltres too. Lilligant also does not really like taking those U-Turns, I understand you are aiming for Moltres to wreck damage but it needs SR out of the way first, that wont be happening vs the Trapping Core of Genesect and Dugtrio cause it will always be risky to bring in Tentacruel.To fix this problem and make your team more strong against this core I would suggest replacing the Passho berry on your Heatran with a Shed Shell, this enable you to tank those U-Turns really well aswell as switch out from Dugtrio to your Lilligant which can proceed to use Sleep Powder or Giga Drain.Now the next Issue I would like to address is that you really lack a safe switch into Dragons,, most of them carry Earthquake so it won't always be safe to let Heatran come in, and to be honest its not only Dragons, other strong Physical Attackers like Terrakion also put you under some pressure, esspecially Scarfkion running Earthquake in order to fix this I would suggest replacing your Terrakion with a Bulky Attacking Landorus-T, this gives you a solid switch into Pokemon like Dragonite and Terrakion that really pressure you and also gives you a neat way to scout via U-Turn.

Landorus-T @ | Intimidate
Adamant | 196 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Def
Hidden Power[Ice] | U-Turn | Stone Edge | Earthquake

Overall great team.Good Luck.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
This is a great Sun team and i see you've had a nice success with it. There are some small changes i'd made which are running Shuca Berry > Passho Berry on Heatran, something that can really help with your weakness to the Dugtrio + Genesect core, and running a more defensive Ninetales variant. The reasons i think you should do this is because you're not getting that much by poisoning Toed with Heatran. It's way more simple to just switch out and let Ninetales tank the Scald, which will do 15~20%. Small suggestions because i don't think you're changing any team members.

NINETALES @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SDef / 196 Spe
Trait: Drought
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

The EVs allow you to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine, which can be a threat to the team. But you can make your own distribution since Mamo with Thick Fat won't take that much of a damage from unboosted Flamethrower. I think running HP [Rock] won't be useful if you run Shuca Berry on Heatran, but that's up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)