Seeker's Rebels (Peaked around the 1500's)

Seeker's Rebels

Hi all.

Im Seeker9/8/7/6 on the Pokemon Online Server and Im gonna share a team that has done really well for me, especially seeing as its entirely weatherless.

Just a little backround info on my playstyle. I like the concept of bulky offense. Switching in safely and hitting hard/ crippling on the switch, and it is demonstrated with my team. I also enjoy slightly unorthodox sets, since its so easy to surprise the opponent with it.

This team has remained unchanged for a while now(Except for the last slot), but any suggestions to improve it will be much appreciated

Onto the team :

Heatran :
@ leftovers

Ability : Flash Fire

Evs: 252 HP/28 Def/172 SpDef

Nature: Calm (+SpDef,-Atk)

Moveset:

- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Ah Heatran. Almost all of my teams that have had success have had a Heatran in them. Its not his a favourite of mine or anything, I just find him really useful. For one he is one of the only solid counters to Genesect in my opinion. He also sets up rocks, and hard counters Jiraichi, Serperior, Ferrothorn, etc.

I chose a specially defensive set for long survivability (with some defense ev's to make Breloom's mach punches a bit more friendly, as well as Bronzongs Earthquakes).

Flamethrower for STAB, Rocks for rocks, earth power for opposing heatran/ Ninetales, and Roar for phasing. Pretty Standard moveset imo, but sometimes I do wish I had Protect/Toxic, but all of these moves are pretty useful imo.

Celebi: @leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

Evs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed

Nature: Modest (-Atk +Sp.Atk)

Moveset:

- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Thunder-Wave
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Celebi functions as a hard counter to Politoed and most bulky waters, thanks to great bulk, nice Special Attack and the ever important Natural Cure ( I REALLY hate scald burns). It also provides a fighting resist and Synergizes excellenty with Heatran. It checks Breloom and Keldeo really well too.

Evs are for maximum bulk, and power. I like switching in a lot, and Celebi must be able to take Surfs, Hydro Pumps and the odd Ice beam reasonably well.

The moveset is a bit odd. Giga Drain for STAB and recovery. Psychic is there to deal with breloom, Amoongus, Conkeldurr, Toxicroak etc. Thunder-Wave to cripple switch ins such as Genesect/ Tornadarus-T.
And lastly HP Ice to removes dragons who like to set up on me, as well as to OHKO Gliscor.

Scizor: @leftovers

Ability: Technecian

Evs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 SpDef

Nature: Careful (+SpDef , -Sp.Atk)

Moveset:

- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Baton Pass

This thing has won me many games, but not by himself. Bulky scizor serves many roles. He acts as a revenge killer vs weakened pokes/ Terrakion. He Sponges Specs Latia's D-Meteors and roosts off the damage. He can potentially sweep weakened teams. But arguably his most important role is Baton passing to Banded Dragonite (and occasionly Terrakion). The sheer surprise factor when a supposedly useless, burned scizor bps a +4/+6 to Dnite is devastating.

Evs, are for maximum survivabilty, to sponge hits in order to get the maximum boosts for BP. I like slower baton passers since it means my receiver doesnt need to take a hit and risk being damaged (Or statused).

Bullet punch for awesome priority, Swords Dance for sweepinng/ passing, Roost for Survivability and Baton pass just beacause its awesome.

Dragonite: @ Choice Band

Ability: Multiscale

Evs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd

Nature: Adamant ( +Atk/ -Sp.Atk

Moveset:

- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon claw

Ah the boss of the team. Banded Dnite has pulled off so many wins. The idea is simple. get rid of bulky steels/ Ghosts, Scizor BPs a +4 (or even +6) and Dnite E-Speeds everything.At just +2 he reaches over 1200 atk. He is an amazing wall breaker, as well as a great check to Infernape.

I admit I was a bit lazy with the EVs. I suppose I should run at least enough speed to Outrun uninvested Suicune. But this set has been working so well for me I am a bit afraid to change it. Suggestions are welcome.

80 % of the time I find myself using Extreme Speed for priority. Outrage is to break walls, while EQ is for Heatran and Jiraichi. Dragon claw is still ridiculously powerful, and it means I am not stuck in a move. Sometimes I do wish I had fire punch though, but dragon claw is still really useful.

Terrakion: @ Air Balloon

Ability: Justified

Evs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 SpD

Nature: Jolly ( +Speed/ -SpAtk)

Moveset:

- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock-Polish

Terrakion is a monster. Superb Attack, great speed, good bulk. I dont see the catch. (Ok ok weak to priority). But man, he does his job well. I have pulled back many seemingly lost games back with this guy. His Close Combat is really,really powerful. Stone Edge is very nerve Wrecking, but sadly needed.

EVs are pretty obvious imo

The movset caters for the different types of teams I play. Rock polish for offensive teams, SD for Defensive. Balloon is very useful, giving me a free turn vs Gliscor, and free Switch ins on heatran and Hippowdon ( the latter which can usually only Roar me away). Occasionally I BP an attack boost to this guy, Rock Polish and sweep. Sweet stuff.

Skarmory:
@Leftovers

Ability: Sturdy

Evs: 252 Hp/248 Def /8 Speed

Nature: Jolly ( +Def/ -SpAtk)

Moveset:

- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Standard defensive Skarmory is standard. To be honest, Skarmory was the last Poke to get on the team. But seeing as I needed a reliable check to Dnite and Conkeldurr, I chose him. He does what he does best, Spikes, walls and annoys. He also makes breloom cry after he has spored.

Evs, Moveset is pretty self Explanotary, although maybe I should runs ome more speed. Mak defense because things like Conkeldurr need Max bulk in order to be dealt with efficiently. I dont really have much else to say here.

And that concludes my team. Any suggestions/ help will be much Appreciated (Missing Evs and importable to come)

Importable :
Heatran (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 56 SAtk / 172 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Hey man interasting looking team you have here but can i ask why it has a dream world tag? None of your pokemon have a dream world ability.

Ok Firstly regarding your Celebi set you may want to change it's evs to 232 Hp / 240 SpA / 36 Spe>252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe Because with the altered ev spread you don't lose to much in terms of power and bulk but you get the necassary speed evs to outspeed all forms of Tyranitar barring Choice Scarf variants. This is very helpful in letting you pick of weakend Tyranitars with Giga Drain or just getting some damage of on it before it can kill you. Another great option for Celebi would be Life Orb>Leftovers Because this lets Celebi fufill his role better as a good special attacker. Although you may think this will decrease the longetivity of Celebi on the contarary with the 30% power boost your Giga Drains will be healing a massive amount of damage and the power of all your moves will also be increased drastically. I believe this also lets you 2hko offense varaints of Tyranitar with Giga Drain.

My only other nitpick is since you are opting with a more defensive Heatran spread Lava Plume>Flamethrower is the way to go. Lava Plume still gives you a Fire-Type Stab but also gives you a move with a nice 30% burn rate much like the move Scald. Although it is only 30% you will probally find that it is more like 80% just like Scald haha :) Also the slight decrease in power isn't really to bad on a defensive set especialy seeing as there are alot of pokemon which you would Ko with Flamethrower but you don't miss out on with Lava Plum due to alot of pokemon having a 4x weakness to fire like Genesect, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress.

Other then that magnifecent team! That Scizor set looks awesome i hope i helped!

Tl;dr

Celebi
.232 Hp / 240 SpA / 36 Spe--->252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
.Life Orb--->Leftovers

Heatran
.Lava Plume--->Flamethrower

~Superpowerdude

Hey man interasting looking team you have here but can i ask why it has a dream world tag? None of your pokemon have a dream world ability.

Ok Firstly regarding your Celebi set you may want to change it's evs to 232 Hp / 240 SpA / 36 Spe>252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe Because with the altered ev spread you don't lose to much in terms of power and bulk but you get the necassary speed evs to outspeed all forms of Tyranitar barring Choice Scarf variants. This is very helpful in letting you pick of weakend Tyranitars with Giga Drain or just getting some damage of on it before it can kill you. Another great option for Celebi would be Life Orb>Leftovers Because this lets Celebi fufill his role better as a good special attacker. Although you may think this will decrease the longetivity of Celebi on the contarary with the 30% power boost your Giga Drains will be healing a massive amount of damage and the power of all your moves will also be increased drastically. I believe this also lets you 2hko offense varaints of Tyranitar with Giga Drain.

My only other nitpick is since you are opting with a more defensive Heatran spread Lava Plume>Flamethrower is the way to go. Lava Plume still gives you a Fire-Type Stab but also gives you a move with a nice 30% burn rate much like the move Scald. Although it is only 30% you will probally find that it is more like 80% just like Scald haha :) Also the slight decrease in power isn't really to bad on a defensive set especialy seeing as there are alot of pokemon which you would Ko with Flamethrower but you don't miss out on with Lava Plum due to alot of pokemon having a 4x weakness to fire like Genesect, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress.

The Dream World tag is because I play No preview OU in PO, which allows Dream World abilities.

Other then that magnifecent team! That Scizor set looks awesome i hope i helped!

Tl;dr
Celebi
.232 Hp / 240 SpA / 36 Spe--->252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
.Life Orb--->Leftovers

Heatran
.Lava Plume--->Flamethrower

~Superpowerdude
Thanks man, Ill definitely be implementing the EV change, and the LO suggestion is real interesting, seeing as I usually miss out on an important KO on Conkeldurr. I might even try an expert belt (usually I can hit super effectively). I have thought of Lava plume, but I am afraid of missing the power vs ferrothorn in the rain. (Cant hurt to try I suppose).

The Dream World tag is because I play No preview OU in PO, which allows Dream World abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)