5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying 5th gen RNG breeding for shinies for the first time ever and am not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Please advise as I was doing as follows:

1. went to 5th generation time finder, eggs tab
2. mother & father IVs both have 31/31/31/x/31/31
3. searched for = 31/31/31/x/31/31
4. everstone = none & also did everstone = adamant
5. Nature = Adamant, Ability = 0
6. entered my ID/SID, checked Shiny Only

I tried one of the seeds, when everstone = none, shiny hatch was actually brave, not adamant, when everstone = adamant, shiny hatch was actually quiet, not adamant.

While I couldn't understand clearly the documentation, I am quite lost here as to what else I need to check for.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
I'm presently using bisharp/pawniard though I do have an adamant ditto (US) if preferred.

Edit: I was using RNG Reporter 9.95 which I was told was buggy for shiny egg. upgraded to 9.96 and was able to get my first shiny.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no guide for it IIRC. But all the information required to pull it off is in this thread and/or the on-site RNG guide.

seriously, just use a standard seed. There is literally no advantage to using a C-Gear seed over a standard one.
Im playing on an r4 so I cant get consistent parameters unless I borrow my friends game cart but i want the pokemon to have my OT

Hozu could you please give me a summary of what to do? I'm not that sharp.

What pokes are currently able to be RNG'd in Black/White 2? My main concerns are Heatran, Latios and Latias, but i would still like to know about the others. Also, is it possible to do RNG breeding in Black/White 2? Lasty, is it possible RNG the Pokemon obtained from Dream Radar?

Thats awesome! Except for the breeding... i hope it gets figured it out, since i know the breeding mechanics have change a little in BW2. At least i can still RNG in Black & White still.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Thats awesome! Except for the breeding... i hope it gets figured it out, since i know the breeding mechanics have change a little in BW2. At least i can still RNG in Black & White still.
it is figured out, you just can't easily do it due to a screw up in the coding. Bond697 has more information about it in the RNG Research thread, if you're interested.

So...if i want to rng those japanese wondercards with no shiny check,how would i set up the reporter to search for shiny seeds?"May be shiny" option in shininess and tick "shiny only"?
I'm using 9.96 alpha 16
Any help with this?This way doesn't work,the shiny only button in time finder does not work for wondercards

Alright, I'm trying to RNG a wondercard Victini that has been sitting at the PC for a couple months now. After finally finding a suitable seed and hitting it, I'm discovering that my initial frame is consistently overshooting my target by 2 (target is 40 and I'm starting at 42). I'm not using any button presses, and I'm not spamming "A" through the season screen. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Edit: Also, I'm using the Pokemon League PC, so NPC's shouldn't be affecting the seed.

I just tried to RNG Keldeo, but what happened just now confused me.. I looked for my seed, time etc. I advanced the PIDRNG frame to my desired. Then I pressed X to close the menu and directly talked to the man in blue to observe my Pokemon. But actually, I landed on the frame directly after my target frame. I am 100% sure that I hit the target frame (high pitch, while the frame after is low and the frame before is mid) and I RNGed it in the Elite Four center. I also checked the "Roamer relased" button (as it is roaming in my region). Hitting the frame before and then talking to the man made me obtain my perfect Keldeo.
So my question is, what went wrong? Does talking to the man increase the frame? Or does the Chatot pitch show me which frame I just passed (meaning I am currently on the frame one after)? Or what could it be? (I RNGed on the Wondercard Zekrom already and bred a few RNGs with success, so I wanted to be sure now instead of abusing RNG the wrong way probably for further months and years).
Thanks for help in advance.

Greetings,

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Alright, I'm trying to RNG a wondercard Victini that has been sitting at the PC for a couple months now. After finally finding a suitable seed and hitting it, I'm discovering that my initial frame is consistently overshooting my target by 2 (target is 40 and I'm starting at 42). I'm not using any button presses, and I'm not spamming "A" through the season screen. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Edit: Also, I'm using the Pokemon League PC, so NPC's shouldn't be affecting the seed.
What version of Reporter are you using? That's a known problem in older versions, but I think it was fixed in one of the recent alphas.
I just tried to RNG Keldeo, but what happened just now confused me.. I looked for my seed, time etc. I advanced the PIDRNG frame to my desired. Then I pressed X to close the menu and directly talked to the man in blue to observe my Pokemon. But actually, I landed on the frame directly after my target frame. I am 100% sure that I hit the target frame (high pitch, while the frame after is low and the frame before is mid) and I RNGed it in the Elite Four center. I also checked the "Roamer relased" button (as it is roaming in my region). Hitting the frame before and then talking to the man made me obtain my perfect Keldeo.
So my question is, what went wrong? Does talking to the man increase the frame? Or does the Chatot pitch show me which frame I just passed (meaning I am currently on the frame one after)? Or what could it be? (I RNGed on the Wondercard Zekrom already and bred a few RNGs with success, so I wanted to be sure now instead of abusing RNG the wrong way probably for further months and years).
Thanks for help in advance.

Greetings,
You need to stop on the pitch one before your target.

So pretty much mastered everything RNG in the 5th generation. Looking at 4th gen RNG. Two things:

1. Could someone link me what they think is the best guide for it?

2. What are the shiny spreads I keep hearing about?

Thanks

~Kryzite

Are you sure you're hitting the right seed and frame? As far as I know there's nothing wrong with those slots.
The seed in the time finder and the parameter finder match, it's just the encounter that doesn't. I have the slots in RNG Reporter set for 3, 7 and 11. Does that function work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)