5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And are you sure you're hitting the right PID frame? Since you aren't going for shiny, you could easily be hitting a different PID frame with the right nature. (Also, for future reference, searching for nature/encounter slots/etc. in Time Finder doesn't do anything unless you search for shiny too.)

I think I've spotted your problem. You aren't hitting the right PID frame. Just because you selected the slots for Deino doesn't mean it will appear on your starting PID frame. Try this: Go to the main window of reporter, and at the top change the method to method 5 PID RNG. The encounter type should be wild pokemon. Select a synchronize nature if you're using a syncher. Now copy/paste your seed in the right spot. Then, go to the right of the window and click the button that says calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Finally, hit generate.

Now, you might notice that the slot listed for your starting frame is a slot number that yields Durant. Find a PID frame that has one of the slots you need. Now hit your seed, but don't sweet scent yet. You need to hit your target PID frame first. To advance the PID frame, get a Chatot with chatter and teach it a custom chatter. Now when you view its summary, the frame will advance by 1 each time. Saving also advances by 1. You can also advance the PID frame by walking where you can encounter wild pokemon, like grass or caves, but this is unreliable.
Anyways, to hit your target frame, just take your target frame number and subtract your starting PID frame from it. That's how many times you need to advance the PID frame to get your target.

Hope this helped. I also hope I didn't get ninja'd, since I'm on my phone and it took forever to type.

Edit: Lol I knew that would happen (And the difference in time was 10 minutes .-.). Maybe I shouldn't have explained the whole process.. you probably already knew how to do all that stuff. Oh well, glad we found your mistake :)

I've been trying to RNG Rotom in the entry forest for a couple days now using a c-gear seed that I've successfully RNG'd pokemon like Gastly with. It took me several days to get the right Gastly, but I never had any problems in terms of the IVs I got when I hit the seed correctly. My problem now with Rotom is that the frame started to randomly shift 3 spaces (so I start on a frame of 24 instead of 21) and I have no idea why. I tried switching to a new seed that requires advances before approaching Rotom, but the results showed that I was starting on frame 21 again. Then I went back to the old seed and it worked fine for about a day before consistently going back to the starting frame of 24. From the experience I've had with the other Dream World pokemon I've RNG'd, my frame doesn't advance if they move before I can get to them. Anyone know what could be causing the 3 frame jump?

I'm actually going into entrylink with 5 guys in my team, and I dont think there's any way I'm taking more than 128 steps while I'm in there.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The step counter doesn't reset upon loading your game. I abuse the fact that it doesn't reset and I track my steps so I intentionally trip the step counter in the ~19 steps it takes to reach a Pokémon in the Entralink.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Try searching adjacent seeds since if you had 5 Pokemon in your party the step counter would advance it 5 frames not 3. It's possible a nearby seed has those IVs on frame 21.

I think I've spotted your problem. You aren't hitting the right PID frame. Just because you selected the slots for Deino doesn't mean it will appear on your starting PID frame. Try this: Go to the main window of reporter, and at the top change the method to method 5 PID RNG. The encounter type should be wild pokemon. Select a synchronize nature if you're using a syncher. Now copy/paste your seed in the right spot. Then, go to the right of the window and click the button that says calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Finally, hit generate.

Now, you might notice that the slot listed for your starting frame is a slot number that yields Durant. Find a PID frame that has one of the slots you need. Now hit your seed, but don't sweet scent yet. You need to hit your target PID frame first. To advance the PID frame, get a Chatot with chatter and teach it a custom chatter. Now when you view its summary, the frame will advance by 1 each time. Saving also advances by 1. You can also advance the PID frame by walking where you can encounter wild pokemon, like grass or caves, but this is unreliable.
Anyways, to hit your target frame, just take your target frame number and subtract your starting PID frame from it. That's how many times you need to advance the PID frame to get your target.

Hope this helped. I also hope I didn't get ninja'd, since I'm on my phone and it took forever to type.

Edit: Lol I knew that would happen (And the difference in time was 10 minutes .-.). Maybe I shouldn't have explained the whole process.. you probably already knew how to do all that stuff. Oh well, glad we found your mistake :)
So just to make sure, the first column is the PIDRNG frame? Is the starting frame static, like the Mersenne Twister RNG or does it have to be calibrated too? Also, does the pitch of the Chatot cry have to be the same as the one that is shown?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first attempt at manipulating a pRNG.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Basically the IV frame will always be 1 if you don't move. So you'll always get the IVs if you hit your seed. So you won't need to look at 5th gen IVs in the main window of RNG reporter.

Ok, so I have been able to see that the frame is jumping depending on the number of pokemon in my party, but is there a reason why I'm tripping the 128 step counter every time I attempt an RNG? I'm not taking more than ~30 steps while I'm inside the entry forest. I've tried switching to different seeds again that require advances before talking to the pokemon I want, but my results for that show that I'm starting on frame 21 like I should be.

One tiny question: When looking for shiny stationary Pokemon, would checking the "Synch frames only" box lead to more or less results compared to leaving it blank?

One tiny question: When looking for shiny stationary Pokemon, would checking the "Synch frames only" box lead to more or less results compared to leaving it blank?
that is because every frame in a seed is not syncable...syncable frames are bolded..... so it searches syncable frame seeds only which is rare compared to the seeds found without checking off the "sync frames only"...

I'm still learning non-C gear seeds RNG for White and I have a few inconsistencies.
I always get (whether or not I'm holding down buttons for keypresses) either C7E or C7F for my Timer0. Is there a way to make it consistently spit out just one Timer0 instead of randomly giving me one of the two?

Even if I don't have any buttons held, I get C7E or C7F. When I do have buttons held, I still get C7E or C7F

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Held buttons are irrelevant. It partially has to do with the timing of when exactly you press A (kind of like delay, but more forgiving), but for the most part you'll just have to deal with sometimes getting the wrong one and retry when it happens. I'd suggest figuring out which one you get more often and just using that one.

So just to make sure, the first column is the PIDRNG frame? Is the starting frame static, like the Mersenne Twister RNG or does it have to be calibrated too? Also, does the pitch of the Chatot cry have to be the same as the one that is shown?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first attempt at manipulating a pRNG.
Yes, the first column is the PID Frame value. The starting PID frame is different for every seed, but it will stay the same for that seed (unless there are NPCs in the area; then you will have to calibrate for a Shifted Starting Frame, or SSF). The starting IV frame will always be 1. The Chatot pitch doesn't have to be the same as the one shown, it will be the same as the one shown if you hit the correct seed. Some people use Chatot pitch to confirm if they hit their seed or not, but I don't because my ear isn't really good at picking out Chatot pitches. If the pitches you're hearing don't match Reporter, then you hit a different seed, which could be because you missed your timer0 or keypresses, or your target time, or you didn't set the correct date.

I'm still learning non-C gear seeds RNG for White and I have a few inconsistencies.
I always get (whether or not I'm holding down buttons for keypresses) either C7E or C7F for my Timer0. Is there a way to make it consistently spit out just one Timer0 instead of randomly giving me one of the two?

Even if I don't have any buttons held, I get C7E or C7F. When I do have buttons held, I still get C7E or C7F
That's normal that you're getting 2 different timer0s, everybody does. It's just that most people hit one of their timer0s more often than the other, and some people hit both half and half. From my knowledge, there isn't a way to force it to spit out just one. But don't think of this as a complete disadvantage; since you can hit 2 timer0s, you can have more seed possibilities, so you'll find more results in the time finder.

Edit: I always get ninja'd by voodoo .-.

Where is the configuration saved? (I mean the file that contains RNG reporter's configuration, I need to delete this file in order to reset the configuration)

Well, my friend actually has problems with the reporter. When he searches for a seed and time, he gets results, but when he properly inserts the seed and also the other values as method etc. he doesn't get the right iv spreads in the main window. Thus I thought "okay, as my reporter works properly, I just copy his parameters, do the searching, screencapture the PIDRNG results and send them to him. Said, done. But after reinserting my parameters, the main window still gave me the IV spreads that belonged to his parameters. For me, deleting the .config file helped out (I got an error once, reopened the reporter and everything was fine again), but he doesn't seem to have that .config file. It seems that the reporter doesn't accept more than one change in the DS parameters (rebooting the PC etc. didn't help him) and simply ignores the further changes. I don't know if this is a bug, but I think so. That's why I wanted to know where the configuration is saved, in order to "reset" it and make his reporter work properly.
I am currently on #smogonwifi, nicknamed "Exabytez", if you got tips or questions.^^

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Did your friend search method IVs or PIDRNG in Time Finder? PIDRNG doesn't search for IVs (if you want both IVs and PID, then search for IVs and check the nearby shiny box), so I'm guessing that's the problem.

Oh I thought you were only supposed to hit one Timer0, and hit the other one when you have keys pressed. So then, is there a way to sort of control which Timer0 you can get? Maybe hit A within the first half of the second to hit Timer0 x, and hit A within the second half of the second to hit Timer0 y? Or is it completely random which Timer0 you land on?

EDIT: So in either case, I guess it would help if I repeat the calibration process a lot to see which one I'm landing on frequently?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)