Other Diplomacy Returns - Russia Won, Postgame up.

DIPLOMACY IS BACK!
(Approved by Lightwolf)
(most of the OP is swiped from other Diplomacy games, but that doesn't mean it isn't important, useful, or cool)
THIS IS A FLEET ROME VARIANT. YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED.

Important links:
Rulebook
Wikipedia article
5-minute guide
Strategy + Tactics guide
Base Map
Realpolitik I will use this for maps, etc.
For past games, simply go to the game listing and click ctrl+f and type in "Diplomacy". The only game you won't find is the abandoned World Diplomacy variant.

About The Game:

Diplomacy is game about making alliances, breaking alliances, and reforming old alliances to better your number of supply centers in the game. Playing the deaf mute will only get you so far before another country decides you are not worth the spaces you comprise of and crushes you for your land. You have to negotiate with other nations if you want to win. You must tell the whole truth and nothing but it while lying through your teeth to succeed in this game. Feelings will be hurt and grudges will be formed. Friends can be enemies, and enemies can be friends. Make your stab and pray it doesn't backfire.

A player is eliminated from the game when they no longer control any supply centers. Alternatively, a player can choose to forfeit (But that is lame and sissy and I will make sure you are made fun of for it!). This will leave his/her pieces on the board where they will hold or idle during every turn. Victory is achieved by a single player controlling 18 of the 34 supply centers OR if all of the remaining players agree to a tie. Diplomacy has 3 phases. Since this is online, you can talk to other nations any time you wish. The game begins in Spring of the year 1901 where you issue your first orders. After that turn is Fall 1901 and you issue your second round of orders. And finally the year ends in Winter 1901 where you either add or subtract to your total number of supply centers and in turn your army depending on how many you captured or lossed in Fall. Then the year begins anew with Spring 1902.

Even though this is a game of Diplomacy, you are never required to honor any promises you made to any nation. You are always out for yourself.

Overview for those too lazy to read the other stuff:

All units have the same strength
No two units may occupy the same space at the same time
An Army can be ordered to move into an adjacent inland or coastal province
A Fleet can be ordered to move to an adjacent water province or coastal province
Winter is a very short phase where players may only build or disband
You can only build in your Home Supply Centers
You cannot pass through Switzerland.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Everyone will have 72 hours to get their Spring/Fall orders in, and 48 to get their Build/Retreat orders in. Taking more than 24 hours to get Build/Retreat/Disband orders in, however, is frowned upon and will result in being called out for making the game take longer.

Your host reserves the right to take up to 36 hours after deadline to process orders because his classes, unfortunately, take priority over this. Hopefully, all orders will be processed within 24 hours, if not quickly.

Deadlines will be enforced mostly, but if you get your orders in after the deadline and before the update, I can be talked into accepting them, especially if I haven't processed much of them yet. You WILL be called out, though.

I'm using Realpolitik for adjudicating orders.

Surrendering is frowned upon.

Slacking off will result in being called out, and maybe missing a turn because of deadlines. Don't do it.

Fleet Rome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign-ups:

Quagsires
Jalmont
Rediamond
UllarWarlord will not sub
Agape
Maxim
Walrein
Outlaw
LonelyNess

----

NOTE: Signing up means I will treat you as willing to sub in, unless you specify otherwise.

EDIT: Sign-ups end Friday, 8 PM East Coast Daylight Savings Time (GMT -4 equivalent)

Player - Country - Supply Centers:

LonelyNess/Jalmont/Rediamond - Russia - 16
Outlaw - Italy - 14
Rediamond - Austria - Eliminated
Quagsires - Turkey - Eliminated
Agape - England - 2
Maxim - France - 2
Walrein - Germany - Eliminated

The game as it currently stands:

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
About The Game:

Diplomacy is game about making alliances, breaking alliances, and reforming old alliances to better your number of supply centers in the game. Playing the deaf mute will only get you so far before another country decides you are not worth the spaces you comprise of and crushes you for your land. You have to negotiate with other nations if you want to win. You must tell the whole truth and nothing but it while lying through your teeth to succeed in this game. Feelings will be hurt and grudges will be formed. Friends can be enemies, and enemies can be friends. Make your stab and pray it doesn't backfire.

A player is eliminated from the game when they no longer control any supply centers. Alternatively, a player can choose to forfeit (But that is lame and sissy and I will make sure you are made fun of for it!). This will leave his/her pieces on the board where they will hold or idle during every turn. Victory is achieved by a single player controlling 18 of the 34 supply centers OR if all of the remaining players agree to a tie. Diplomacy has 3 phases. Since this is online, you can talk to other nations any time you wish. The game begins in Spring of the year 1901 where you issue your first orders. After that turn is Fall 1901 and you issue your second round of orders. And finally the year ends in Winter 1901 where you either add or subtract to your total number of supply centers and in turn your army depending on how many you captured or lossed in Fall. Then the year begins anew with Spring 1902.

Even though this is a game of Diplomacy, you are never required to honor any promises you made to any nation. You are always out for yourself.
Actually I think Outlaw wrote that.

Not many people interested?!? Why?

Guess I can play, multitasking is possible after all and I've long since wanted to play this.

I'm a noob btw, have done some reading on diplo though.

And that's a wrap on signups! OP will be updated shortly, and PMs sent to the players, chosen by Random.org.

LonelyNess - Russia
Outlaw - Italy
Rediamond - Austria
Quagsires - Turkey
Agape - England
Maxim - France
Walrein - Germany

Jalmont, UllarWarlord - Subs

It is now Spring 1901! Deadline is 72 hours from now!

EDIT: Also, please keep me in the loop! It will make for a better postgame, and if you need to be subbed out, I'll be able to tell your sub more, so it won't be as crippling.

As Austria, I'll be exceptionally vocal, as it is pretty much necessary to survive. Expect to hear from me soon, and it might be work picking a channel to frequent in order to encourage better player communication.

GL HF all!

My nick is online 24/7 unless the nfssrv explodes again, so you can drop me IRC messages which I will read whenever I can. I might reply with a PM, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)