Blast from the Past (Sand, peaked 1600 on PO)

Stone RG

Megas are broke
I should have screenshotted it, because now i dropped to 1550, whatever guys so its Stoned, bringing you a new OU team, as you may or may not remember, i posted another one 2 months ago, well this is the next phase of that team. To see the BW 1 vresion of the next team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3469426.

what happened ofter the release of BW 2:

Tornadus-T demolished my entire team bar Rotom, which took heave damage from SR, sand, and U-Turns, and having rest didnt remedy this problem. Thundurus-T was a big threat as well, agility sets sweeping me easy, and scarf variants tended to Volt-Switch a lot, and i couldnt risk loosing Landorus to an HP Ice. Landorus-T just added a counter to my heaviest hitter, Terrakion. Genesect could gain momentum on half my team as well, and Sheer force Landorus-I and Keldeo destroyed my team on the special spectrum. All made me abandon the team, until a few weeks ago, where i tried to base it around AcroGliscor (i know its banned on PS, but not on PO, and anyways i changed the set later).

Onto the team now:

SC-Rotom/Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 148 SpD, 100 Def, 8 SpA​
- Volt Switch: What would be rotom without this beautiful, beautiful move, since most ground types *cough*gastrodon*cough, arent exactly switching into me i might as well get momentum going
- Hydro Pump: a powerful STAB move is always necessary, and since rotom is my main answer to ground types its indispensable.
- Will-O-Wisp: this is what usually happens on most matches: my opponent leads with genesect, they uturn, i WoW, i burn something, pain split, switch to ttar (most of the time) set up rocks. It has happened so much times it isnt even funny
- Pain Split: i need a reliable recovery move, and this was as far as i got, plus its funny trolling politoed thinking they can come in HP Grass, i pain split, then i volt switch

Why this pokemon? Oh well, if you saw the other RMT, this was chesto rest variant, i messed up the EV spread to make it MUCH bulkier, and this is generally my best answer to rain teams, landorus and generally al ground types. All around a poke that im not planning to replace.

Alucard/Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 216 Spd, 40 Def​
- Fling: How much time has passed since you saw this move, i hope a lot because if not i have nothing special in this team, this move is here to make any non-rest rotom's life hell and pretty much any levitator/flying that wants to evade EQ.
- Earthquake: do i have anything to say here?
- Acrobatics; sinergizes well with Fling, and makes Gliscor Breloom's #1 enemy, and much better than EQ in temrs of power and coverage.
- Protect: i hate this move SO much, i bet half my opponent's hate it more than i do tho, its mainly here to scout and rack Toxic/Sand damage.

Why this pokemon? As i said in the OP, this was originally a SV Gliscor, but it is gay, i hate hax, and mainly it just stopped working for me (lol). I opted for this set since Loom is a big pain in the butt, and terrakion kills something every time it switches, so Landorus is not an option, also it forms a very good defensive core with Rotom-W. Th EV spread outrun Adamant Luke, however i am really considering switching to one that outspeeds Toxicroak, since i have 2 very good checks/counters in from of Genesect and Terrakion, you guys choose.

The Boss/Tyranitar @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful/Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 176 SpD, 80 Att​
- Stealth Rock: any team without this move is destinied to stay in the 800 points (jk guys), it just necessary for any serious team.
- Rock Slide: Volcarona says hi if terrakion is dead, and TTar says ''Fuck off'', also any dumb D-Nite or Mence that tries to set up on me gets OHKOd after rocks :]
- Pursuit: Lati@s CANNOT switch-in after TTar is dead due to this kove, otherwise its really hard to get rid of them.
- Earthquake/Crunch: this is my big predicament, Heatran is pain in the ass in my team once Gliscor is dead, while on the other hand CM reuniclus means 6-0 , but in any case reuni is capable of taking a few crunches.

Why This Pokemon? TTar is here to do 3 things:1. Kill Lati@s, 2. Set up rocks, 3. Set up sand. There are other minor labors it does, like countering heatran, but these are the most important. The election between crunch and EQ is extremely important for the team, since heatran has to played carefully around if i dont have EQ, while if i dont have crunch reuniclus 6-0s me. Chople Berry would also be a good item so Rock Polish Lando doesnt sweep me once latias is weakened, and to take FB, but lefties is much better all around. You guys decide crunch or EQ, if you can give me an EV spread that 2HKOs CM reuni, but doesnt reduce my bulk, it would be very helpful.

Tobi/Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Nature: Naïve
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Att​
- U-Turn: Generally i find myself spamming this move, since momentum is necessary for this team to work.
- Ice Beam: if i didnt have this, well lets say Dragonite likes being a a dick, thats the only reason.
- Thunderbolt: Bolt-Beam combo, plus helps me against weakened Toeds, and plays mind games with my opponent's Flying types along with T-Bolt.
- Flamethrower: Scizor, Genesect and Forrestress, thats the only reason, im serious.

Why This Pokemon? Well, originally this was a Scizor until Genesect was released and i realized it just gains momentum so better and isnt set'up fodder for Magnezone, its bulk isnt bad at all, and it performs a very good late game sweeper. When you combine those beastly mixed attacking stats and Download + a movepool jirachi is jealous about you get one of the most broken pokemon in history.

Shofu/Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Att. 252 Spd, 4 Def​
-Close Combat: this move is just... i dont even know how to explain it, it OHKOs starmie after rocks and Sand, that's it, id my opponent doesnt have a Ghost type, a Gliscor or a Slowbro i know something is about to die.
- Stone Edge: ironically, Draco Meteor misses more than this thing, its pretty much an only 1 time use to remove my opponent's Flying/Ghost.
- X-Scissor: if i didnt have this move, well i have to trust on hitting to Stone misses in a row (see what i did there), plus stupid Gothitelle, i hate it, so this OHKOs offensive variants.
-Quick Attack: this is a vey life saving move sometimes, since some kind of priority doesnt hurt and i dont need other coverage moves, why not?

Why this Pokemon: my other RMT had Sub SD terrakion, well the curretn metagame is much faster, has much more rain and hence much more abusers, well in case you dont know, the entire rain archetype gets 2HKOd by Terakion's STABs, and really guys, its still the hardest hitter in OU. Also, ironically as well, Terrakion actually walls genesect in sand, so what it happens, is, they uturn out, they send in something, i kill, and the process repeats until terrakion is dead, which basically leaves my opponent's team as weak as a Choice Scarf Chansey.

Latias/Latias @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spd, 188 SpA, 60 HP
- Draco Meteor: i hate this move, just because it tends to miss more than Stone Edge, but in any way i dont spam it, its just usable against dragons, and dragons, i dont want my opponent to get free set-up.
- Hidden Power [Fire]: i love how people try to switch in their Scizor or Genesect, bitch don't switch in, im gonna hit you on the switch :]
- Psyshock: if not for this move Keldeo would probably sweep my ass every single time, but guess what? I have a STAB move that hits a defensive side you cant boost¡
- Recover: generally i dont have the time to use this move. But when Tentacruel tries to burn stall me, its funny to see them protect while i get 50% of my health back.

Why this Pokemon? Latias is so sexy man... im not kidding but getting into the analysis: Latias not meant to be a sweeper nor a wallbreaker (even though it may end up being a very good late game sweeper), its meant to cause a pain in rain and sun teams, as well as hard countering Sheer Force Lando. I messed up the EV spread so this Ltias can take a +2 LO modest Sludge Bomb from Venusaur, though it OHKOs with rocks up i mught change the EV spread but whatever.

Threat List: note that this threats are only to the whole team, because if i see, lets say, Terrakion, i will keep Gliscor to not get swept by it.

CM Reuniclus:: as you may have noticed i don't really have a safe answer to this piece of crap, since TTar cannot 2HKO with Crunch with my EV spread and the entire team is set-up fodder.

Genesect + Dugtrio: terrakion is my first switch to Genesect, and Dugy comes in and traps me, this basically puts me between a sword and a hard place, but i can work around it.

Gliscor Stall: the team has no spinner, and my best hard hitter is Terrakion, and if Gliscor is on the opposing team it is basically useless, i have no chance against this type of teams.

So that's it guys, thanks for reading, and if you see something that can be better, leave a rate. Remember that i dont know how will this work on the Suspect Test, but i've honestly stopped going on PS, i never get good battles.

Try scarf terra and expert belt genesect to beat genesun. At +1 speed salamence will rape you, and you don't want it setting up on flamethrower.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Last edited by mostwanted; Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:58:23 PM. Reason: Idiotic title
LOL

Ok...hello there Stoned! Nice team!

I have to say that it is better if you continue doing your homework instead of creating teams and doing raskinball at math class.

Whaterver, i can see, as you said, that Reuniclus is a Pain in the ass, so i would suggest to use Crunch>Earthquake on Tyranitar. About Heatran, you already have EQ on Alucard and Hydro Pump on the soap-eater. Remember that my team is only a bit different and Heatran does not represents any trouble for me. Hydro Pump of that variant of Rotom does more than 55%, 2HKO.

Talking about Toxic Stall Gliscor, yeah, it destroys you. I would Suggest to change your Gliscor´s set. As Smogon says:

Although it may seem strange that a Fling + Acrobatics set was omitted, it is generally outclassed by the Defensive and Substitute sets because it only gives Gliscor the chance to poison one Pokemon.

Sets:

Gliscor @Toxic Orb | Posion Heal
252 hp / 184 Def / 72 Spe | Impish Nature
Toxic | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Protect

Ice Fang allows you to hit opossing Gliscor with x4. Toxic can badly poison pokemons all the time [fling only once]. And protect and earthquake as the same before.

Hope i helped!

EDIT: Using that Gliscor Defensive set is going to help you to stop Salamance at +1, as @Astert said, and hit with Ice Fang.

~LilOu

Stone RG

Megas are broke
@ Asterat

Im not changing to Scarf Terra and E-Belt Genesect for 2 reasons: first of all, my team is already WAY too similar to that of gr8bastard (which by the way i see a lot in the ladder), and second, Terrakion is my main wallbreaker, the Scarf set lacks that amount of power.

@ LilOu

I need more people to reply and say what is best for my team, and on the other hand, i might cannot change Gliscor's EV spread, unless its something that at least outspeeds adamant Toxicroak, which is a big threat to my team, the moves may be replaced, but Fling catches SO many people off guard and gives Acrobatics a good power it can discussed.

Thanks for the rates guys

Hey man nice looking team you have here!

Ok looking at your threat list you mentioned Reuniclus, and Gliscor to be threats to this team. Due to Reuniclus being able to set up on pretty much every mon on your team except Terrakion locked into X-Scissor lol. You also mentioned Gliscor as a threat because it walls Terrakion and Tyranitar. To help against these to probelms i reccomend Choice Scarf Rotom-W>Support Rotom-W this is because Rotom-W provides your team with a good revenge killer and am offensive awnser to rain teams while being able to destroy Gliscor and Dragon-Type pokemon with Hidden Power [Ice] and being able to Trick its Choice Scarf to cripple pokemon like Reuniclus and Volcarona. He also helps take care of Dugtrio as he can outspeed and threaten with Hydro Pump.

If you decide to go with Rotom-W two Choice Scarf pokemon are rather redundant. However this issue can be solved easily by using Expert Belt Jirachi>Genesect With a move set of Iron Head/Hidden Power [Ice]/Fire Punch/U-Turn. This set still keeps up with the offensive momentum and large coverage like Genesect only Jirachi is a little slower and alot more unpredictable. U-Turn helps keep up with the nature of this team letting Jirachi switch out when he pleases. Hidden Power [Ice] obviously helps you alot against Gliscor but also dragons in general which is especially useful with Jirachis steel typing. Fire Punch lets Jirachi wreck Scizor's day along with Genesect switch ins. The 152 attack evs let Jirachi ohko Scizor with Fire Punch after Stealth Rock. While Iron Head rounds this set of being a nice stab move with a 60% flinch rate with Serene Grace. With Jirachi your team also has less trouble with Genesect+Dugtrio because he can U-Turn out on Dugtrio and go into Rotom-W while he can just outright beat Genesect switch ins with Fire Punch. The loss of Genesects speed can be annoying while using Jirachi but with Choice Scarf Rotom-W you shouldn't really miss it. With the 152 speed evs you reach 301 speed beating pokemon like neutral nature Gliscor, Mamoswine and Lucario. While the Expert Belt in combination with Jirachis coverage make him a potent attacker. Also with some defensive investment taken from Rotom-W due to him becoming a Scarf Set Jirachi's nice resitance to Hurricane makes him a nice pokemon to sort of ease the job of Rotom-W to completely handle Tornadus-T.

good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Jirachi @ Expert Belt | Serene Grace
Naive | 152 Atk / 204 SpA / 152 Spe
U-Turn | Fire Punch | Hidden Power [Ice] | Iron Head

Tl;dr
Rotom-W
.Choice Scarf Set--->Current Set

Expert Belt Jirachi--->Choice Scarf Genesect

~Superpowerdude

Hello, nice team. Your team is weak to dragons type, yes, you have choice scarf genesect but as you know dragons are generally accompanied by magnezone that will trapkill your genesect if it will kill a dragon with ice beam.
So, you can try choice scarf on terrakion for revengekills all dragons type.
(choice scarf rotomw imo is not very good, many pokemon have immunity to it stab like landorus, gastrodon, jellicent, gliscor and so on)

Terrakion set:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I hate to say this, but I am having a hard time finding the purpose of this team, the team seems to be a balanced team, aiming to wear the opponent down and aim for a sweep, but you have one big problem, you lack a sweeper! I rarely say such things, but I feel your team your be so much better if you turned one of those checks into a sweeper. Im sorry, Latias isn't going to sweep teams off the map, and genesect and Terrakion only can realistically wear pokemon down.

I suggest you switch Terrakion to a swords dance Terrakion, to take advantage of the volt-turn spam + sandstorm passive damage to sweep while keeping your team the same.

sorry if my advice is bullshit, I don't play offense, but the lack of it jumped out at me

Stone RG

Megas are broke
@Superpowerdude

i never really considered Scarf Rotom-W to be honest, since i generally prefer playing it bulkier, but im definetely gonna try it out since i probably need a better check to dragons than a genesect that gets trapped by magnezone. As for the jirachi set, im probably gonna opt for E-Belt Genesect in that case since it hits much harder, and the bluff is much easier to do.

@A l e x a n d e r

There are so much people that reccomend me Scarf Terra last days that im probably gonna end up doing it, im gonna try both Terrakion and Rotom as my scarfers.

@ Scarfwynaut

The team is meant to wear the opponent down with Terrakion, Latias and Genesect both of which i have to play VERY offensively, by which i mean that i have to predict my opponent all the time, ending up usually with a late game sweep of Latias or Genesect, or ironically Gliscor.

Thanks for the rates guys, when i have time ill update the team if i decide to opt for your reccomendations :]

LilOu

PO poopyhead
@ LilOu

I need more people to reply and say what is best for my team, and on the other hand, i might cannot change Gliscor's EV spread, unless its something that at least outspeeds adamant Toxicroak, which is a big threat to my team, the moves may be replaced, but Fling catches SO many people off guard and gives Acrobatics a good power it can discussed.

Thanks for the rates guys
Ok, don't change the EV spread of Gliscor and don't do anything i suggest. You could try then Scarf Terrakion and Expert Belt Genesect as you said here:

There are so much people that reccomend me Scarf Terra last days that im probably gonna end up doing it
im probably gonna opt for E-Belt Genesect in that case since it hits much harder, and the bluff is much easier to do.
If you do this, your team is going to be mainly as gr8bastard's team.

Ah, doesn't matter, right? If you want to stop dragons and adamant swords dance Toxicroak, use Unaware Quagsire. You know the set.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Lol lil calm down i didnt say anything still, im testing it tomorrow since i dont have that much time now, and thats for all of you that have rated the team tnx

The team looks pretty cool, but I think switching up some of the Pokemon on your team would be beneficial. Right now, Gliscor isn't really doing too much other than sponging a few hits early on, and Latias, while it is a powerhouse, doesn't seem too useful either; I think you can put better use to those slots. Your team is really weak to entry hazards, as using Volt Switch or U-turn to gain momentum just means something will lose health, and Life Orb Latias and Choice Band Terrakion don't exactly appreciate Spikes-stacking. Genesect sun teams look like a pain to face as well because Dugtrio traps Tyranitar and Terrakion, and you can't really do much to them once your means of combatting sun are KOed, even if you have Latias. I think two simple changes would help you out a lot in the long run: first, you should try out a defensive Starmie over Latias. Yeah, you lose a lot of sponging power, but Rapid Spin support is definitely awesome for this team. A set with Leftovers and a spread of 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe with a Timid nature, as well as a moveset of Scald, Psyshock, Rapid Spin, and Recover gives you a lot of longevity and spin support. This would make you a bit weaker to sun, which is where my next suggestion comes in.

I think you should try out a special attacker Landorus over Gliscor; hear me out, I know you've said you don't want it because you'd be weak to Terrakion. However, Landorus is great because it outright 6-0es a majority of sun teams in the metagame which can be problematic for you, and it gives you a load more offense than Gliscor ever did. You might feel like you're losing too much defensive power, but in my opinion, you should be trying to gain momentum with this team, especially with a VoltTurn core, instead of trying to sponge hits. The set would have Life Orb as an item with a spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe and a Timid nature, along with a moveset of Earth Power, Focus Blast, Rock Polish, and Psychic. Again, you might not like this change all too much because of the focus on offense rather than defense, but I think that you should still try it out. The offense provided by it gives you a ton of momentum so you won't need to be worried about that, especially with Genesect and Rotom-W. Cool team and good luck. I hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)