Hit, Run, and Trap (plus funny PokéComics inside!)

Like my team or the comics? Luvdisc this threat! ^^^​

...And trap.

___

___

___

Hello, welcome to my second RMT. Here's my first RMT, but now I'm lost of interest with my old team due of metagame changing again and rain are overly used. So I thinking for a new team, with the release of Shadow Tag Gothitelle, I decide to make a team around her, so this is the team.

The idea of this team is to gain momentum (VoltTurn) and involve heavy trapping with 3 pokemon having ability with trapping effect. I saw two overlapping core: Gothitelle + Dugtrio and Dugtrio + Genesect, I thought to myself and why not having both? Gothitelle + Dugtrio core is about to sacrifice Dugtrio with Memento after cleaning the threats and let Gothitelle set up with ease, while Dugtrio + Genesect is for baiting Heatran, Ninetales, and such, then trap them. Magnezone for another form of trapping and eliminate Steel-types to give Dragonite a room for sweeping, and Starmie for Rapid Spin support.

After laddering on PS!, I got a nice 1500+ rating, pretty nice but still a long way to be the best.

First, I added Genesect, Dugtrio, and Gothitelle for my somewhat core trio

---

Then, I think I'll make a team that revolve around trapping, and I heard Pursuit is a form of trapping too, I added Tyranitar, STAB Pursuit is cool.

---

Why not make this team a VoltTurn team? Which pokemon that I use with Volt Switch? Rotom-W might be the best candidate.

---

Maybe another U-Turn user? And it should be Dragon type, Hydreigon?

---

After few testing, this team suck, then I realized, Magnezone can double as Trapper and VoltTurner! Tyranitar's sandstorm is actually nerf my team (I don't like sand anyway) so I replace him with it.

---

My team is too Special-centric, I think I need a Dragon with Physical offense, and its better levitating, enter Dragonite.

---

So, Dugtrio need his Focus Sash intact when enter battlefield and Dragonite hates SR too, I need Rapid Spin support, here comes Starmie.

@

Trait: Download
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Hasty Nature
~ U-turn
~ Ice Beam
~ Flamethrower
~ Thunderbolt
My lead 99% of the time. Arguably Genesect's best set, I need a a patch of speed for Genesect. Choice Scarf is the answer, if it had 100 speed like it beg in the comic above... Anyway, EVs give stronger U-Turn than usual while outspeed +1 Dragonite. Hasty nature is to prevent opposing Genesect gaining special boost. U-Turn is mandatory for scouting or when gained attack boost and popping Heatran's ballon. Ice Beam of course required in OU by seeing the environment. Flamethrower roast opposing Genesect, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. Thunderbolt hits water types, especially Gyarados that threaten my team.

@

Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
~ Stealth Rock
~ Memento
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
This triple dick's job is setting up Stealth Rock if possibe, trapping weakened pokemon and KO it, and sacrifice himself in front of pokemon that seems Gothitelle can set up on. Focus Sash is required for Dugtrio knowing how frail he is. Stealh Rock, the most used move in the tier is my only hazard support, but may be useful later. Memento lowering opposing pokemon's Attack and Special Attack, allowing Goth to set up with ease, Earthquake is obviously STAB coming from 80 base attack that KO Heatran (of course it is!). Rock Slide is mainly filler, but helped me defeat a Volcarona, I prefer this over Stone Edge because of accuracy.

@

Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
~ Calm Mind
~ Psyshock
~ Rest
~ Hidden Power [Fighting]
Gothi for OU! Unlike Wobbuffet, Gothitelle has deeper movepool and can actually attack. EV spread give more emphasis on Defense while outspeed unboosted base 70 pokemon such as Skarmory and Politoed. Calm Mind is good for late game when counters are eliminated, setting up infront of pokemon that has been weakened by Memento, then attemp to sweep with either Psyshock or HP Fight. Rest also Protect Gothitelle from statuses. She can rest off while opposing pokemon does a little damage.

@

Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
~ Thunder
~ Flash Cannon
~ Hidden Power [Fire]
~ Volt Switch
Specs Zone hits very hard, almost equivalent counterpart of CB Scizor. EVs to outspeed slow Scizor and Skarmory as well as giving some bulk. Thunder is either a strong STAB when facing rain team or a gambling move at other situation, Flash Cannon, although is a bad offensive typing, still a pretty strong STAB for those that resist electric. HP Fire for roasting Steel-types on the way. Volt Switch for scouting alongside with Genesect, its partner in crime.

@

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 52 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
~ Scald
~ Psyshock
~ Recover
~ Rapid Spin
This starfish support Dugtrio and Dragonite. EVs is for maximize bulk and outspeed base 110s, which is good because I found out that I often switch to Starmie from incoming Fire/ Water attacks. Scald for STAB damaging move and may also inflict burn to the victim like 90% of time and may cause rage. Then Psyshock for secondary STAB and still acceptable attacking move, Recover like the name, for recovery. Rapid Spin helps Dugtrio and Dragonite to fully operate.

@

Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Fire Punch
~ ExtremeSpeed
HYPER BEAM DRAGONITE IS UBER! BAN IT QUICKLY! Joking aside, Dragonite's jobs is for sweeping with the sheer power of Dragons. with Multiscale, Dragonite can get at least one boost and attemp to sweep, Lum berry may protect either statuses that aimed to Nite or curing Outrage's side effect, Fire Punch of course for the only types that resist Dragon. Extremespeed is an invaluable priority that I like it.

IMPORTABLE:
Code:
Numero Tres (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Ms. Gothi (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Rest
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

CattleKiller (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 108 Spd / 148 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder

Probe (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 52 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- recover
- Scald
- Psyshock

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
So, that's my team, if my pokemon need replacements I can say that Starmie and Dragonite is the one that you may change.​

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Cool team man, trapping is a very cool theme to base a team around.

Looking at your Magnezone, it is actually outclassed as a choice scarf user by its prevolution, Magneton. If you were to keep the scarfed Magnet Pull presence, the small change to Magneton gives you a much better speed to wield the Scarf with,as you outspeed base 115's as well as Scarf Tyranitar. I however thought, that having Scarf on both Genesect and Magnezone was slightly redundant, as you aren't revenging anything with Magnezone that Genesect doesn't already smack hard. I instead, think you should give Magnezone Choice Specs > Choice Scarf. With Choice Specs equipped, you can still ruin opponents momentum by capturing and defeating their steels, but you also gain an extremely powerful pivot capable of doing major damage to anything that doesn't resist his powerful Volt-Switches, and can shift the momentum back over to your favour by abusing him and Genesects abilty to cause so many switches to avoid the power of their powerful pivoting moves.

Looking at your team, it is very weak to Gyarados. At +1 he simply runs rampant through your team with his powerful dual STAB's and can run right through you when given set up oppurtunites, most notably in the face of locked into non electric move Magnezone. For that reason I think using Thunderbolt > Bug Buzz on Genesect would be a fine option. With thunderbolt you gain the fabled BoltBeam coverage, making you unmatched in the revenge killing department. Thunderbolt in general gives you greater coverage, as Bug Buzz contributes nothing coverage wise, and the STAB power of even uninvested U-Turns is more than enough to count as your dependable STAB move

GL with the team

Amazing format, I love the comics and the overall format of the RMT. As per your request, I'll put in my ten cents on Starmie and Dragonite.

Starmie: Well, you addressed the problem yourself, bulk vs power. For your exact team, I think that it might be a wiser choice to employ a bulkier set. Because Starmie's speed tier is so clutch, I would recommend keeping it Timid, but we can start by removing 40 Evs from speed so that Starmie still outspeeds Base 110's like Latios, preserving its ability to get off a last game spin to clear the way for D-Nite. I'll put the rest of the set down below, just keep in mind that you will lose the ability to beat back Jellicent, while gaining considerable longevity.

Dragonite: Can I convince you to change his nature to Jolly and use 176 speed evs so as to outspeed Scarf Latios after two boosts (Scarfrakion as well). You can shunt the other evs to HP for bulk. I view the ability to avoid revenge kills as outweighing initial firepower, and the bulk that allows you to get to +2 would also be a boon.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 212 Spd
Timid Nature
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Psyshock

Hope that this is importable, at an XC meet on mobile. I like Psyshock in the last slot to hit Rotom-W, Amoonguss, Terrakion, and Keldeo for good damage. Remember to tweak evs and movesets to your own need and experience. Hope I helped.

So as to not drastically alter your team's backbone, I'll just stop there, but good luck on the ladder!

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey misterdarvus, nice team!

First of all, I highly recommend you take Asek's suggestions of Specs Magnezone and Thunderbolt on Genesect, in fact I was actually intending to suggest the same thing my self after looking through your team until I saw Asek's rate XD Anyway, Genesect really dosen't need max speed, it's trollish base speed stat of 99 means that after neutral natured +1 base 100s you only speed tie with other Genesect and outspeed very, very rare pokemon such as +1 Jolly Haxorus. Changing Genesect's EV spread to 108 Atk / 252 SAtk / 148 Spe let's you still outspeed neutral natured +1 base 100s such as Salamence but gives you a noticeable boost in Genesect's U-Turn, which means you won't miss Bug Buzz as much if you take Asek's suggestion.

Thunderbolt is pretty redundant on both Choice Scarf and Choice Specs variants of Magnezone, Thunderbolt is only base 25 power higher than Volt Switch and you don't get any notable KOs with it. I suggest running Thunder over Thunderbolt on Magnezone. Thunder has a whopping 120 base power and although the shaky accuracy may turn you off, it has other perks such as a 30% para rate. Thunder helps you check rain teams because the rain gives Thunder 100% accuracy and is also great in situations when you're up against a big threat and you without Thunder you don't have the power to KO it, or the same situation but you need to Paralyze the threat instead. Also, if you do switch to Specs Magnezone you don't outspeed much with max speed, a spread of: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spe let's you outspeed most Skarmory and slow Scizor and also gives you some nice bulk.

You could run Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Dugtrio to still check Volcarona but in a much more accurate and reliable way. You miss out on some power but you do OHKO all offensive variants. More defensive variants will survive but they aren't as threatening to your team and can be finished off with Dragonite.

You rely on Starmie too much to tank water type moves and check rain, you also have a Life Orb wearing you down every time you try and attack, basically, Stamie is going to die very quickly in most battles and you need it for Rapid Spin support. To remedy this I suggest you run Recover over Ice Beam or Thunderbolt on Starmie. This will allow you to keep Starmie alive for the remainder of the battle and cancel out Life Orb recoil.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

Hey,

Cool team man, trapping is a very cool theme to base a team around.

Looking at your Magnezone, it is actually outclassed as a choice scarf user by its prevolution, Magneton. If you were to keep the scarfed Magnet Pull presence, the small change to Magneton gives you a much better speed to wield the Scarf with,as you outspeed base 115's as well as Scarf Tyranitar. I however thought, that having Scarf on both Genesect and Magnezone was slightly redundant, as you aren't revenging anything with Magnezone that Genesect doesn't already smack hard. I instead, think you should give Magnezone Choice Specs > Choice Scarf. With Choice Specs equipped, you can still ruin opponents momentum by capturing and defeating their steels, but you also gain an extremely powerful pivot capable of doing major damage to anything that doesn't resist his powerful Volt-Switches, and can shift the momentum back over to your favour by abusing him and Genesects abilty to cause so many switches to avoid the power of their powerful pivoting moves.

Looking at your team, it is very weak to Gyarados. At +1 he simply runs rampant through your team with his powerful dual STAB's and can run right through you when given set up oppurtunites, most notably in the face of locked into non electric move Magnezone. For that reason I think using Thunderbolt > Bug Buzz on Genesect would be a fine option. With thunderbolt you gain the fabled BoltBeam coverage, making you unmatched in the revenge killing department. Thunderbolt in general gives you greater coverage, as Bug Buzz contributes nothing coverage wise, and the STAB power of even uninvested U-Turns is more than enough to count as your dependable STAB move

GL with the team

Magneton? Yeah, it has better speed but slightly lower Sp.Attack is a letdown, but I tried Specs Magnezone and it works wonder!

Yeah, I faced a Gyarados once or twice and it give me problem, now I'm using Genesect with Thunderbolt bow, which is save me a lot.

Amazing format, I love the comics and the overall format of the RMT. As per your request, I'll put in my ten cents on Starmie and Dragonite.

Starmie: Well, you addressed the problem yourself, bulk vs power. For your exact team, I think that it might be a wiser choice to employ a bulkier set. Because Starmie's speed tier is so clutch, I would recommend keeping it Timid, but we can start by removing 40 Evs from speed so that Starmie still outspeeds Base 110's like Latios, preserving its ability to get off a last game spin to clear the way for D-Nite. I'll put the rest of the set down below, just keep in mind that you will lose the ability to beat back Jellicent, while gaining considerable longevity.

Dragonite: Can I convince you to change his nature to Jolly and use 176 speed evs so as to outspeed Scarf Latios after two boosts (Scarfrakion as well). You can shunt the other evs to HP for bulk. I view the ability to avoid revenge kills as outweighing initial firepower, and the bulk that allows you to get to +2 would also be a boon.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 212 Spd
Timid Nature
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Psyshock

Hope that this is importable, at an XC meet on mobile. I like Psyshock in the last slot to hit Rotom-W, Amoonguss, Terrakion, and Keldeo for good damage. Remember to tweak evs and movesets to your own need and experience. Hope I helped.

So as to not drastically alter your team's backbone, I'll just stop there, but good luck on the ladder!

Thanks for the Starmie, now I'm using bulkier set and now Starmie tank like a champ. By the way you forgot the rest 4 EVs, lol.

Yeah, and I changed Dragonite's Nature.
Hey misterdarvus, nice team!

First of all, I highly recommend you take Asek's suggestions of Specs Magnezone and Thunderbolt on Genesect, in fact I was actually intending to suggest the same thing my self after looking through your team until I saw Asek's rate XD Anyway, Genesect really dosen't need max speed, it's trollish base speed stat of 99 means that after neutral natured +1 base 100s you only speed tie with other Genesect and outspeed very, very rare pokemon such as +1 Jolly Haxorus. Changing Genesect's EV spread to 108 Atk / 252 SAtk / 148 Spe let's you still outspeed neutral natured +1 base 100s such as Salamence but gives you a noticeable boost in Genesect's U-Turn, which means you won't miss Bug Buzz as much if you take Asek's suggestion.

Thunderbolt is pretty redundant on both Choice Scarf and Choice Specs variants of Magnezone, Thunderbolt is only base 25 power higher than Volt Switch and you don't get any notable KOs with it. I suggest running Thunder over Thunderbolt on Magnezone. Thunder has a whopping 120 base power and although the shaky accuracy may turn you off, it has other perks such as a 30% para rate. Thunder helps you check rain teams because the rain gives Thunder 100% accuracy and is also great in situations when you're up against a big threat and you without Thunder you don't have the power to KO it, or the same situation but you need to Paralyze the threat instead. Also, if you do switch to Specs Magnezone you don't outspeed much with max speed, a spread of: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spe let's you outspeed most Skarmory and slow Scizor and also gives you some nice bulk.

You could run Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Dugtrio to still check Volcarona but in a much more accurate and reliable way. You miss out on some power but you do OHKO all offensive variants. More defensive variants will survive but they aren't as threatening to your team and can be finished off with Dragonite.

You rely on Starmie too much to tank water type moves and check rain, you also have a Life Orb wearing you down every time you try and attack, basically, Stamie is going to die very quickly in most battles and you need it for Rapid Spin support. To remedy this I suggest you run Recover over Ice Beam or Thunderbolt on Starmie. This will allow you to keep Starmie alive for the remainder of the battle and cancel out Life Orb recoil.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)
Interesting EVs spread you have, now I can U-Turn harder :) (lol forgot those +1 100 speed).

I have tested Thunder Magnezone, it save me a lot when facing rain team, and sometimes I got lucky hits when weatherless.

Now Magnezone become slower and slower with the EVs spread, but actually the bulk totally worth it.

Yeah, why I didn't think about Rock Slide? Better than crossing finger praying Stone Edge hits.

Don't worry, I have changed my starmie set to defensive set as TheStarRapper suggested.

Thanks man for the suggestions.

By the way, I'm considering using Landorus-T over Dragonite for more U-Turn user, is he (Landy) any good?

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woops, I forgot to say that Magnezone should be Modest rather than Timid now that it's specs. I wrote that spread with a Modest nature in mind so you're not missing out on outspeeding anything that I mentioned and the extra power is always nice.

Also, seeing as you've decided to take the bulky Starmie suggestion, I recommend you run Scald over surf. It's only a small drop in power which isn't too relevant considering it's now pretty weak and Scald let's you burn threats and add to Starmie's walling capabilities. Taking 8 of those Special attack EVs and putting them in speed let's Starmie outspeed Tornadus, although previously considered to be outclassed by it's therian form, Kidogo has popularized a Tornadus set that has given it a niche over Tornadus-t, the cost of 2 points in special attack is a worthy price to pay to be more prepared for Tornadus.

In regards to Landorus-t over Dugtrio; Dugtrio lets you trap Genesect's biggest counter: Heatran, helps you out against offensive Volcarona, pretty much guarentees you get rocks up against a team with Xatu (which is pretty much every sun team atm) and memento is amazing for goth setup. Overall, imo Dugtrio contributes to the overall goal and success of this team more than Landorus-T does.

I hope this 2nd rate helps and GL with the team :)

EDIT: I'm almost sure it said dugtrio earlier. But anyway, With Dragonite gone you lose your second water resist and a your cleaner, I reckon you should keep Dnite.

Hey there,

First of all great Team. I've also have had the idea of putting these 3 trappers in one team some time ago but I couldn't find the 3 Pokemon that would synergize well enough with them but your team does that pretty well.

I tried out your team in a couple of matches and had pretty good results with it, but the one thing that was a really annoyed me was when I had to use Rest with Gothi and it didn't woke up to soon because even after 2 or 3 CMs if your oppenent can attack you 3 or 4 times before you wake up you good nearly nothing out of it except for maybe healing from status. So my suggestion would be to try to change Leftovers on Gothitelle with Chesto Berry so you can get one free rest. I think the Recovery you lose out on Lefties might be around the same you gain by waking up instantly.

And I would definately keep Dugtrio as it had net me some really crucial K.O.s and also helped me with memento when i passed to gothi.

Woops, I forgot to say that Magnezone should be Modest rather than Timid now that it's specs. I wrote that spread with a Modest nature in mind so you're not missing out on outspeeding anything that I mentioned and the extra power is always nice.

Also, seeing as you've decided to take the bulky Starmie suggestion, I recommend you run Scald over surf. It's only a small drop in power which isn't too relevant considering it's now pretty weak and Scald let's you burn threats and add to Starmie's walling capabilities. Taking 8 of those Special attack EVs and putting them in speed let's Starmie outspeed Tornadus, although previously considered to be outclassed by it's therian form, Kidogo has popularized a Tornadus set that has given it a niche over Tornadus-t, the cost of 2 points in special attack is a worthy price to pay to be more prepared for Tornadus.

In regards to Landorus-t over Dugtrio; Dugtrio lets you trap Genesect's biggest counter: Heatran, helps you out against offensive Volcarona, pretty much guarentees you get rocks up against a team with Xatu (which is pretty much every sun team atm) and memento is amazing for goth setup. Overall, imo Dugtrio contributes to the overall goal and success of this team more than Landorus-T does.

I hope this 2nd rate helps and GL with the team :)
Magnezone and Starmie are done.

You misread my sentence, I mean Landorus-T over Dragonite not Dugtrio
Hey there,

First of all great Team. I've also have had the idea of putting these 3 trappers in one team some time ago but I couldn't find the 3 Pokemon that would synergize well enough with them but your team does that pretty well.

I tried out your team in a couple of matches and had pretty good results with it, but the one thing that was a really annoyed me was when I had to use Rest with Gothi and it didn't woke up to soon because even after 2 or 3 CMs if your oppenent can attack you 3 or 4 times before you wake up you good nearly nothing out of it except for maybe healing from status. So my suggestion would be to try to change Leftovers on Gothitelle with Chesto Berry so you can get one free rest. I think the Recovery you lose out on Lefties might be around the same you gain by waking up instantly.

And I would definately keep Dugtrio as it had net me some really crucial K.O.s and also helped me with memento when i passed to gothi.
Thanks dude for testing my team. Leftover actually pretty important if opponent using sand or hail so the passive damage doesn't matter, most of time I tried to set up on weakened choice-locked special attacker pokemon so Gothitelle can take damages as little as possible, but I'll consider your suggestion though.

Now I've reached 1600+ on PO

Hey its me again,
Today while playing I found out unintentionally that the Speed EV's of your Starmie only let you speed tie with opposing base 110s. You need at least 216 Speed EV's to outspeed. I found that out when I was playing against a Froslass today, wondering why I speed tie with it. After the match I looked into the team builder and saw that with 212 Speed EV you reach an Speed of 350 which is exactly the same as a fully invested base 110s. If I would have to rearrange the EV's I would go with
240 HP/54 Sp. Att/216 Speed.
This way you get a HP number thats divisable by 16+1 (Leftovers) and reach 352 Speed.

Hope this post helps, but I have to say again great team. Today I swept one of my opponents only with Dragonite after one DD^^.

Edit: Another thing I found out today is that your team seems to have problems with gastrodon. You have nothing super effectively against it and it can either toxicstall you or drain you out of pp you with recover. Even Download boosted Ice Beam does only around 41% damage. I don't have a good solution for that for now but I will think about something.

Mega bump, still not two weeks isn't it?

Hey its me again,
Today while playing I found out unintentionally that the Speed EV's of your Starmie only let you speed tie with opposing base 110s. You need at least 216 Speed EV's to outspeed. I found that out when I was playing against a Froslass today, wondering why I speed tie with it. After the match I looked into the team builder and saw that with 212 Speed EV you reach an Speed of 350 which is exactly the same as a fully invested base 110s. If I would have to rearrange the EV's I would go with
240 HP/54 Sp. Att/216 Speed.
This way you get a HP number thats divisable by 16+1 (Leftovers) and reach 352 Speed.

Hope this post helps, but I have to say again great team. Today I swept one of my opponents only with Dragonite after one DD^^.

Edit: Another thing I found out today is that your team seems to have problems with gastrodon. You have nothing super effectively against it and it can either toxicstall you or drain you out of pp you with recover. Even Download boosted Ice Beam does only around 41% damage. I don't have a good solution for that for now but I will think about something.
Thanks, but I modified Starmie's EV, I decide to dump 54 remaining Evs to Special defense for more special bulk.

In other note, I haven't test this team again, but my friend have tested this team and he said this team is great. Need more advices thought.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
awesome comics

i know you're opposed to replacing some of your trappers, but I think you should, running 3 trappers seems like overkill. Magnezone + Dugtrio + Gothitelle sounds nice on paper, but at most you want to use 2 of them and it's entirely possible to succeed with just one. Your team needs more Pokemon that benefit from trappers.

So here's my suggestion:
1. Drop Dugtrio, choose between Gothitelle OR Magnezone, and devote those team slots to more Pokemon that appreciate Gothitelle/Magnezones ability to remove sturdy threats.

if you were to go with Gothitelle, i'd suggest you use Specs since CM is too slow to work in this metagame.

Gothitelle & Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
-Trick / Signal Beam / etc

This Gothitelle is tailor made to remove everything that can check your Dragonite. Skarmory, Hippowdown, Slowbro, Gliscor... everything's mostly covered. (If Ferrothorn bugs you can run HP fire, etc, etc).

some replacements for Dugtrio & Magnezone/Gothitelle

---
Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Earthquake

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
---

These are 2 Pokemon that appreciate removal of things like Skarmory, Hippowdon, Slowbro, etc and are more than capable of pulling their own weight. Ice Beam spamming Genesect is especially annoying if you use Salamence, so i'd sooner suggest you run Magnezone over Gothitelle to deal with it

2. Drop Gothitelle & Magnezone and build your team around Genesect + Dugtrio. Without turning your team into Genesect + sun, or Genesect + rain, I can already see succeeding with a combination of Genesect, Dugtrio, Politoed, Starmie and 2 fillers of your choice. It completely destroys the original concept of this team however, so feel free to ignore this suggestion.

Hope I helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)