Offensive Threat Removal

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been on Smogon for a while and am attempting to get more involved on the forums. So this is my first RMT, even though i have made countless teams this has seemed to work really well over the let couple of days but anyway. Its looks relatively gimmicky because it is. I generally like to think that being unpredictable is key in this meta as you can catch your opponent off guard and remove one of their key threats easily. But enough rambling.

Genesect @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion

Although the CB set has been discussed I'm yet to find anyone using it over the Genesect with Flamethrower/Ice beam/Thunderbolt/U-Turn. And so it became quite predictable. i figure max attack on the CB set as generally opposing Genesect are scarfed and i don't want to risk a speed tie against an opposing expert belt Genesect anyway. Its also relatively easy to bluff a scarf too. Iron head for main STAB when opposing steels are removed. Flamethrower for the 4x weak steels. U-Turn to do a very large amount of damage. (about 95% to non max def Politoed after download and great for scouting or bringing in Dugtrio to revenge. Then Explosion to take down a key threat (IE volcarona) or take something down should Iron head not be enough or U-Turn is rendered useless.

Meloetta @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Hyper Voice/Psychic
- Psychic/Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Meloetta is very underrated pokemon, and one of the best checks to Reuniclus out there. Its also very unpredictable which is key to this team. It has a great movepool to work with and very high special attack. Along with the ability to go mixed. But the completely special set seems to get the job done. Hyper voice is a simple STAB move for causing damage although it doesn't take advantage of E belt. Psychic can also be used instead. Generally Psychic and Hyper Voice or Psychic and Shadow Ball for the first two slots. Thunderbolt is great attack and very useful against opposing water types and flying types. focus blast can take on steels, dark types and Tyranitar if needed while also providing greta coverage with shadow ball. Meloetta usually doesn't force switches as a lot of people still don't really understand it or are not prepared for it making it great for a surprise KO or revenge.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave

Although physical lucario seems to be the favourite, many people forget its special attack is higher than its physical with a reliable STAB in Aura Sphere, priority in the form of Vacuum Wave and excellent coverage with Shadow Ball. This lucario normally works well for picking off pokemon normally expecting to take an extreme speed like terrakion, or setting up on something like Blissey who may switch or Forretress which can't really do anything to you unless it carries EQ, but even then opponents would usually prefer to set up. Can be a greta late game sweeper or offensive threat from the start after a nasty plot.

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 100 Atk / 152 Spa / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Foul Play
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The king of mind fuck. Some people usually forget about zoroark existing in your team or are very apprehensive to switch out thinking its a zoroark. A excellent revenging pokemon, being very fast and having access to U-Turn and Flamethrower. A key use i had in mind was using Zoroark to counter Genesect as it can outspend the scarf variants and proceed to use Flamethrower, while you opponent normally doesn't think about the prospect of the disguised pokemon as a threat to Genesect or being able to outspend. Zoroark does well when disguised as Breloom due to maybe luring a psychic type or asking to be hit by fire/ice moves.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch/Reversal

Standard non banded Dugtrio. Very useful for catching heat ran or magnezone which is very helpful to this team,as well as being a fast stealth rocker should it look like your opponent is SR weak. Standard edgequake combo for coverage and either Reversal or Sucker Punch depending on whether you thing priority will be handy or a potentially handy fighting type move to put a dent into pokemon once your sash is activated.

Breloom (F) @ Yache Berry/Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb/Swords Dance

Techniloom is taking over from Poison Heal Breloom very fast and there is good reason why with super powerful Mach Punches and Bullet Seeds. Spore is the most desirable move in the game so naturally I'm using it. Then Breloom can essentially attack something hard freely with either mach punch or bullet seed. Mach punch is great for revenging also. Rock Tomb I find more useful over stone edge as i find that after a Rock Tomb on the switch, Breloom can outspend common non scarfed Dragons and then proceed to spore if the clause allows, finish it off with another Rock Tomb, (tornadus-T, Salamence) or use bullet seed effectively. Plus Rock Tomb gets a Technician boost. Swords can also be used if you want a powerful late game sweeper.

i've been very successful using this team and generally the only times its failed is due to an unfortunate Crit or misplays on my behalf due to distraction or a "derp" moment such as when i attempted to finish off a heatran with a shadow ball at +2 form lucario rather than a vacuum wave. Criticsim is greatly appreciated as i know there are things wrong its just hard to explain exactly what! (Other than most of my pokemon being fragile, as Hyepr offense and key switches with u-Turn prevent set up most of the time.) It just seems to work. suggestions for replacements or general bashing welcome. Thankyou for reading my first RMT! =)

general bashing welcome =)
a. General Mills food corporation just voted to hide GMO information from consumers
b. General McArthur should not have abandoned his troops in the Pacific Rim

Jokes are fun, your team looks fun too. Let me see what I can suggest:

Zoroark: I am not sure that your evs are the most productive right now. The extra 100 Attack evs aren't going to net you any notable KO's, and Foul Play actually uses the Target's attack stat instead of yours. Unless you feel that small extra U-Turn damage is vital, I would consolidate those attack evs into Special Attack, so that Flamethrower and Hidden Power Ice are maximum power. I'm not sure what IVs you are using for the HP Ice, but just make sure that you are using 30/30/30/31/31/31, so as to not slow down your speed stat in the event of a Scarf Mienshao winning the speed tie by default.

Dugtrio: This guy mostly looks good, but I would lower his HP IV's to 20 while lowering Defense and Special Defense IV's to 0. This will guarantee that Reversal is hitting for maximum damage once you are hit by any attacks, while the 20 HP is for rare S-toss shenanigans bringing you down to exactly 1 HP.

Breloom: Have you considered Fight Gem as the item for Breloom? Notable KO's that this set can get:
-Guaranteed OHKO's against Terrakion at +0
-With +2 and SR, you have great shots at OHKOing Scizor and even Thundurus-T! That's pretty big.
I also see that you have debated Adamant versus Jolly and I highly suggest Adamant, as Mamoswine will most likely outspeed anyway to Ice Shard, so it's best to invest in Breloom's power.

Hope I helped, and have fun laddering!

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
Yeah I've made the ev changes to Zoroark so that its max Spa :) And no I didn't think about fighting gem at all but its working even better than yache so far so I'll keep that. I think I also had that there for incoming starmie which I could then wreck with bullet seed.

Thankyou for your feedback. Much appreciated!

You have an interesting team here, Enguarde. Seems my suggestion for you today is for Lucario: ShadowBall>DarkPulse for better coverage. Also, try ChoiceBand>ChoiceScarf on Genesect to give it an edge against faster Pokemon that would otherwise KO it, only because it was not being fast enough.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
Lucario: ShadowBall>DarkPulse for better coverage.
Out of curiosity, why exactly is shadow ball inferior to dark pulse in terms of coverage? Shadow ball seems to work but i'll try Dark Pulse if there is a reason. And I haven't tried scarf simply because super powerful, U-Turns and Iron heads are really fun. But you're probably right about the extra speed. Especially when it comes to exploding =)

Well, when a normal type switches in on a prediated SB, it will still take heavy damage & it still hits everything that SB could super effectively and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)