Challenge The Orange League - Round 1: Congratulations Team SteelSeed!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, that's the screen I was taking; it shows the course name, too.

Though, does this screen show up if you haven't unlocked the challenge scores yet?
This is exactly it. I let a friend reset my file recently so she could play through; you need to beat the game in order to have that option available. Mental slip on my part, I kinda thought I was going insane for it not being there too, haha.

brb, beating Snap quick

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Wasn't sure when this ended so sent in my scores now... They aren't great (Especially the Berry blending).

24 hour Warning or something might be good for round about now. I believe there was some confusion over the start time and things like that.

Round 1 will be ending around noon EST on Friday. Round 2 will likely have sign-ups starting sometime Thursday (just gotta work out the last bits with Tex), as the original Thursday/Monday schedule works a lot better than a Friday/Tuesday schedule for me~

Alright, sent in my scores. Sorry, Team Tumbleweed, I could have gotten higher scores but I just didn't have the time I thought I would. But it was fun! Good luck, everyone.

Alright, results time!

The players with the top three Pokemon Snap scores are:

Showsni with a score of 2716900!
CBB with a score of 2646300!
Django with a score of 2577200!

Showsni earns 5 points for his team, CBB earns 3 and Django earns 1 point for his team.

The players with the top three Pokeblock blender scores are:

atsync with a score of 138! (5)
Garud with a score of 137! (3)
billymills with a score of 131! (1)
Honorable mentions go to Charmander (129), Wild Eep (127) and Princess of Johto (124)

The fastest TCG speedrun awards go to:

CBB, with a blistering time of 45 minutes! (5)
Garud, with a time of 1 hour and 35 minutes! (3)
Wild Eep, with a time of 2 hours and 37 minutes! (1)

The greatest DPP Pokeradar chainer is:

Nexus! With a chain of 112! (5)
billymills with a chain of 68! (3)
LockDown has a chain of 58! (1)

Finally, we have the greatest Pokemon Bug Catching Contest score:

And the winner is CBB with a score of 389! (5)
Second is atsync with a score of 387! (3)
Third we have McMeghan with a score of 381! (1)

Congratulations to you all for getting such wonderful scores.

Thus, at the end of the round the individual leaderboard stands as:

1. CBB - 13
2. atsync - 8
3. Garud - 6
4. Showsni - 5
- Nexus - 5
6. billymills - 4
7. LockDown - 1
- Django - 1
- McMeghan - 1
- Wild Eep - 1

And the team leaderboard is as follows:

Team SteelSeed: 15
Garud, atsync, LockDown, Espeon65, Dinosaurdan

Team euheuheuh: 15
CBB, Django, McMeghan, Zebraiken, DTC

Team Moedown Hoedown: 6
Nexus, Wild Eep, Solace, Birkal, Charmander

Team GastRODANs: 5
Showsni, RODAN, TalkingLion, Wobbanaut, Level 51

Team Tumble: 4
billmills, Zystral, PrincessOfJohto, Deinosaur, jas61292

Thanks for doing the tally, Tex! I'm busy at work right now, but just popped on for a cig break. Big congrats to Teams SteelSeed and euheuheuh, and a solid shout out to MVP CBB as well!

Thank you everyone for participating; be sure to sign up for Round 2 now ^.^

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Not that it changes my team's total, but I believe I sent in a second blending score of 138.

Anyway, glad to see my team did so well!

Jeeze, 45 minutes? Sorry guys, I thought I had TCG in the bag. Seriously, 45 minutes is essentially a time of 35 minutes after you get out of the tutorial, and the fastest time I've ever seen was tool assisted and about 30 minutes, so kudos CBD.

I should put a "Best Pokémon Snapper!" thing in my sig. Nah, just kidding. Fun contest, thanks to all who organised and so on! Volcano is probably the easiest course, thinking about it. Easy to use up your film on decent scoring Charmander and only ten different species to nab.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Damn Showsni how did you get up to 270, I always ended up with either shitty Charizard pictures or a shitty Arcanine. Anyway gg GG cbb is the best

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, it took quite some time to brute-force my way through TCG's RNG through resets, but at least it paid off.

I hope my team won't be as lazy next round.

Damn Showsni how did you get up to 270, I always ended up with either shitty Charizard pictures or a shitty Arcanine. Anyway gg GG cbb is the best
Seems my Arcanine pictures always turn out perfect; when he actually shows up, that is. I think I had like three runs with him in the perfect pose and perfect size. (Only thing I'm missing is more Arcanine in the background). As for Charizard, chucking an apple at him so that he breathes fire at you seems to be the best thing to do.

I have difficulty getting a good Magikarp; usually it's just a quick one shot to get it on the roster.

My strategy was as follows; probably not the best one, but it worked quite well:

Speed forwards a bit, chuck an apple at the two Rapidash together, and get one shot of one "neighing".

Throw apples to make Vulpix run forwards in front of you. Pick the other two up, and keep making them run forwards. When they get far enough down the track, all three will run on to the end and do their happy pose without any more apples - get one shot of them.

Chuck an apple high towards Charmander. Magmar gets annoyed, and attacks, evolving it to Charmeleon. Get one shot of Charmeleon - either just as it evolves, or if you have time throw an apple and get it "roaring".

Use apples to lure all six Charmander over to the side of the track, as close as possible. Throw an apple; Charmander gets happy and jumps in the air. Take the shot whilst it's airborne, as close to you as possible. Use up about 30 shots on the same picture here.

Knock the Moltres egg in the lava, and take one or two shots as it's spraying the embers off.

Throw an apple to the Magmar. Take as many pictures as you can of them breathing fire (getting the battling Magmar special and it looks hot pose). Click, click, click, as fast as possible.

As you near the next area, start throwing apples in the water. Grab a shot of Magikarp as it jumps out.

Chuck balls in the volcanones, grab a shot of Growlithe and another of Arcanine.

Knock Charmeleon in the lava. Throw an apple at Charizard, so he breathes fire at you. Use up all the rest of your film here.

Alright teams, it has been decided that in the spirit of competition (and simpler leaderboards) we will have a one game play-off to determine the winner of Round 1 between Team SteelSeed and Team euheuheuh.

The rules are simple. You have 48 hours from the time of this post to send in photographic evidence of your highest score. Highest score wins and that team gets bonus point(s) to move them into first place.

As for the medium of competition, the battleground will be Pokemon Snap. Your goal: get the highest score on a single picture taken of Mew.

Good luck.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
God I wish I actually owned Snap right now...

Oh well. Good luck to both teams.

Also the most diverse event which was a large swing factor in picking challenges for it.
I can understand that. It's just unfortunate that as a team we only have 2 members who have it, both who aren't great at it either. But that's the luck of the draw.

Anyway, the level itself was quite hard for me back in the day, as that blasted Mew never stops chasing the yellow ball. Stupid thing. :P

The 48 hours are up. This was an incredibly close sudden death, but here are the results:

Garud - 10,000 points
CrashinBoomBang - 9,920 points

With a mere 80 point lead, Garud has clinched the first round and carried Team SteelSeed to victory. He's also earned an extra point on the leaderboards, bringing his total to 7. Congratulations Team SteelSeed!

The 48 hours are up. This was an incredibly close sudden death, but here are the results:

Garud - 10,000 points
CrashinBoomBang - 9,920 points

With a mere 80 point lead, Garud has clinched the first round and carried Team SteelSeed to victory. He's also earned an extra point on the leaderboards, bringing his total to 7. Congratulations Team SteelSeed!
Phew, so nervous about that one.

So anyway, I thought I was on 8 points? Did something change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)