Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging orcinus.

3v3 Triples
1 Day DQ / 3 Day Ref DQ
2 Chills / 5 Recovers
ASB Arena
All Abilities

You pick everything else :-)

With my first raid coming up, I need to train some more to get my mons in good enough shape to give those nay-sayers a chance to quiet down. The more you press, the harder it may get to stop me!

Two identical open challenges:

2vs2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Subsitutions
Infinate Chills/Recoveries
Items: Training
Arena: Gliscor's Peak

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
With my first raid coming up, I need to train some more to get my mons in good enough shape to give those nay-sayers a chance to quiet down. The more you press, the harder it may get to stop me!

Two identical open challenges:

2vs2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Subsitutions
Infinate Chills/Recoveries
Items: Training
Arena: Gliscor's Peak
me me me me me me me me me

All Abilities
Switch = Why Bother.
Stuff I forget: standard.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions per Pokemon
Arena: Strong Badia
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple enough to be a viable alternative to the ASB arena
Format: All
Restrictions No Water Source

A field with a white picket fence along the edge. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. There is no external water source for moves like Surf and Soak. Apart from that, everything else can be used as normal.

OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ Time

A field with a white picket fence along the edge. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. There is no external water source for moves like Surf and Soak. Apart from that, everything else can be used as normal.
I'll take it.

OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ Time

I'll take it.
All right, PM me mons.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING LEETHOOF
3v3 Weak FE Triples
DQ: 2 Days
Abilities: ALL
Items: ON
Switch: KO
Substitutions: 3
Infinite Recovers / chills

Arena: SCRABBLE LAND

In the world of lettered tiles and colorful squares that give nifty point bonuses, making words is the name of the game! In this arena, battlers must use their vocabulary skills in tandem with their battling skills in order to come out on top. SCRABBLE LAND has two rulesets that flip-flop with each other, alternating every round; will you be able to keep up and form words to win?

Every even round, SCRABBLE LAND is in Individual Mode. For the entirety of the round, each Pokemon's first letters of their own actions must form a word. For example, using Yawn - Heat Wave - Waterfall to form WHY would be acceptable, but using Tail Glow - Heat Wave - Signal Beam while partners use Octazooka and Gyro Ball on A1 would be unacceptable, since THS does not form a word. If the match is Doubles or above, there is an additional rule; using the Point Values of letters found here, the Pokemon whose word has highest total Point Value will receive a permanent bonus of +1 All Rank and +10 Speed.

Every odd round, SCRABBLE LAND is in Cooperation Mode; if you only have one Pokemon, however, you are held under the Individual Mode rules. Each action, the first letters of your Pokemon's moves must form a word together. For example, three Pokemon could use Electro Ball, AncientPower, and X-Scissor on the same action to form the word AXE, but they could not use Judgement, Zap Cannon, and Yawn on the same action since JZY does not form a word, no matter how hard you may try. If a team member faints while Cooperation Mode is active, the remaining members cannot be smitten that round.

If a Pokemon uses a combination attack, both first letters are used; this has no effect in Individual Mode, but will affect the word lengths of each action in Cooperation Mode. If a Pokemon fails to meet the criteria, each Pokemon will be smitten depending on how many times they have been smitten before - 10 HP and 10 EN the first time with an increase of 5 HP and 5 EN each time thereafter. Word lists are found here and here. For the purposes of forming words, Encore is banned. We hope you enjoy making words with your Pokemon!

Four trainers were requested. Four trainers answered the call in what could be my biggest reffing project. Glacier Knight is returning to the arena he once fled. To the battle, he has called EspyOwner, who in turn has called Kevin (AKA The Royal Guard), and in their turn called Ragnarokalex to round out the roster.

The arena chosen for the battle is the Icy Forest.

Summary:

2vs2vs2vs2 Singles (3 per side outvoted 3 to 1)
DQ Time: 3 Days
Infinite Chills/Recoveries
2 Subsitutions
Restricted Moves: Unknown
Switch: KO
Abilities: All
Items: All
Restriction: PM Match; Trainers must also choose 1 or 2 of the Humanoid Types (Normal, Fighting, Psychic, Dark) when PMing mons

Arena: Icy Forest
Roleplay Arena: This is a snowy forest at the edge of a lake. The battle starts in the center of the area. The evergreen trees stand about 20 feet tall, but provide clear views of the gray sky, and the frozen flakes on the branches starting eight feet off the ground.
The lake in question is to the west of the battlefield, frozen. The ice, while thick enough to hold people and Pokemon up, could make for some interesting tactics if the field of battle moves in that direction.
To the south of the area lies a cabin amid the trees, though with no lights in it, it could be disused. The only way to confirm would be to check it out.
To the east of the center of the area, where the battle is starting, is an odd temple of sorts amid the trees, rich for exploration and plundering, if anything remains to be plundered.
Some distance to the north of the area, there are distant mountains. While they are too distant for the battlers to reach while in the battle, they can provide a landmark for one to base their directions off of.
But as the battle continues... remember... you are not the only ones in the woods... and the others may not respect the rules of battle...

Would Glacier Knight, EspyOwner, The Royal Guard, and Ragnarokalex please confirm (publicly) in this thread that they are still willing to do this, and then PM me mons and type(s)? Thank you.
Due to Glacier Knight having disappeared, Ragnarokalex has chosen a new opponent to replace him: Frosty. Frosty, could you please confirm in this thread that you're still interested, and then PM me your mons and type? Thank you.

Challenging Sdio so he can get familiar with the battle system.
LC 3 vs 3 singles
Training Items
ASB arena
5 chills/0 Recovers
Switch = KO
All Abilites
Item = Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)