Cinccino Disscusion

Honestly, I HATE this mon in Nu. granted it is one of the cutest out there...that doesn't reconcile the fact that it tears apart the metagame bar stuff like Lairon, and Probo.

What are your thoughts and feelings on Cinccino?

Should it go to RU? Or stay in the depths of NU (God help me if it does)

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
It going to RU is determined by usage. It's not something we can decide.

The council has voted on Cinccino, almost unanimously declared no ban. Unless its RU usage picks it up, Cinccino would be a permanent addition to NU.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Cinccino is a threat only to poorly built teams, and is stopped by almost every physical wall in the tier, such as Misdreavus, Regirock, Amoonguss, and even Alomomola. It also dies to any powerful hit and can be easily revenge killed by faster Pokemon or priority. It's probably the least of my worries, lol

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We shouldn't be discussing if Cinccino should be banned or not in this thread. For that we had the Suspect Discussion thread in which in the end Cinccino was deemed not broken unanimously. Also the metagame didn't change enough (It actually didn't change whatsoever since Gothitelle had just been implemented onto PS by the time votes were in) for Cinccino to be tried again for suspect.

However it's good to have this up since I checked and didn't see any Cinccino discussion threads since the suspect one. Cinccino in general is a good Pokemon thanks to its access to Skill Link which essentially give it three 125 BP moves including one with STAB. It was considered a big enough threat a while back that some teams started using innovative things such as Rocky Helmet on Amoonguss, Probopass, or Regirock to basically kill it from the recoil from Cinccino's Tail Slap. Cinccino's main draws are its good coverage, excellent speed, and strong coverage options, but even with such powerful moves Cinccino neutral natured base 95 Attack isn't enough to destroy an entire team, much less the entire metagame.

By using Life Orb everytime it attacks it's wearing itself down everytime it attacks along with the possible Stealth Rock or Spikes that might be up as it keeps switching in. (With just Stealth Rock up and it using U-turn to scout it's losing about 25% health each time) Due to this Cinccino can be incredible easy to wear down to the point that all the common Scarf or priority users can effortlessly revenge kill it. Choice Band sets don't wear themselves down nearly as much and hit considerably harder, but can't take full advantage of Cinccino's primary advantage, its good coverage. Choiced Cinccino requires good prediction or risks doing minimal damage to an opponent or allowing something to set up on it for free in situations such as Haunter getting up a free Substitute on a predicted Tail Slap. Overall, Cinccino is a good Pokemon but most teams won't be too threatened by it due to what I mentioned above.

Cinccino is a threat only to poorly built teams, and is stopped by almost every physical wall in the tier, such as Misdreavus, Regirock, Amoonguss, and even Alomomola. It also dies to any powerful hit and can be easily revenge killed by faster Pokemon or priority. It's probably the least of my worries, lol
My Missy dies from rock blast, and I have no idea how. And doing calcs on Alomomola, it does approx. 50-60% with life orb and Tail Slap, I honestly just hate this poke. Im overreacting but I would still like to know other peoples thoughts.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My Missy dies from rock blast, and I have no idea how. And doing calcs on Alomomola, it does approx. 50-60% with life orb and Tail Slap, I honestly just hate this poke. Im overreacting but I would still like to know other peoples thoughts.
I don't know what kind of calculator you used for that but:

• 252Atk Life Orb Cinccino (Neutral) Rock Blast vs 252HP/232Def Eviolite Levitate Misdreavus (+Def): 30% - 37% (100 - 120 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252Atk Life Orb Cinccino (Neutral) Tail Slap vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Alomomola (+Def): 33% - 40% (180 - 215 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO

Bullet Seed should be used on both anyways due to being 100% accurate against Missy and doing more to Alomomola (Still not enough to 2HKO and Alomomola has Regenerator anyways) Against Missy you just get burned with Will-O-Wisp and become useless for the rest of the match. Cinccino is good, but not nearly as impressive as you make it out to be.

no way. that doesn't sound quite right. cinccino only does that damage with bullet seed and only up to around 40% with tail slap assuming 252/252 +defense nature.

i think cinccino is an interesting case. its presence in the tier definitely sparked the usage of rocky helmet which really found uses outside of just combating cinccino. rocky helmet also helps wear down things such as swellow, zangoose, and similar things which is pretty cool. so it still has utility outside of just cinccino killing.

as aforementioned, cinccino's very susceptible to hazards. it usually (it should) run four attacks, but with sucker punch and other priority being very common, cinccino finds itself being forced to switch and hence being worn down quite easily. its standalone coverage is decent but it just can't break through things without the life orb or choice band. however, we all know the repercussions of that--especially with choiced sets since all of cinccino's multi-hit moves are resisted by common things such as amoonguss, golem, and winner regirock.

i've seen people run ridiculous things like aqua tail (idk, it's redundant), non-technician wake-up slap (weak), and thunder wave. thunder wave is interesting but it's a one-time thing before it gets old and becomes easy to play around.

i've seen people run ridiculous things like aqua tail (idk, it's redundant), non-technician wake-up slap (weak), and thunder wave. thunder wave is interesting but it's a one-time thing before it gets old and becomes easy to play around.
One move option that's cool over U-turn on Cinccino is Substitute. Substitute does not go well with Life Orb, however it allows Cinccino to avoid Sucker Punch, status from Pokemon that can't OHKO it but don't get OHKO'd by Cinccino (like Thunder Wave Probopass), and to cockblock defensive Misdreavus. I'm really surprised Substitute isn't seen that often on Cinccino; it can be a nasty surprise to unsuspecting players (read: most because Substitute is really uncommon on Cinccino).

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
One move option that's cool over U-turn on Cinccino is Substitute. Substitute does not go well with Life Orb, however it allows Cinccino to avoid Sucker Punch, status from Pokemon that can't OHKO it but don't get OHKO'd by Cinccino (like Thunder Wave Probopass), and to cockblock defensive Misdreavus. I'm really surprised Substitute isn't seen that often on Cinccino; it can be a nasty surprise to unsuspecting players (read: most because Substitute is really uncommon on Cinccino).
I've been using Life Orb Substitute Tauros so a similar effect. It's really effective at dealing with Misdreavus or even Amoonguss when it tries to Spore you. Although Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil, I'm sure Cinccino could use Substitute just as well as Tauros can.

My quick and simple response to Cinccino is just about anything with Flame Body or Static. Magcargo, Stunfisk, and Ampharos are all great for this because they all have great natural bulk and can very easily switch into a Tail Slap with the added bonus of getting 5 chances to get the burn/para which ultimately cripples the little bugger, granted that the opponent doesn't have a cleric.

I have personally never had any problems with Cinccino, so I couldn't care less if it does end up leaving. I just find it really easy to work around as long as I have a way to status it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)