well its my 2k

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are a severe lack of acceptable puns.

Hi, so I've been holding off on my 2k for ages so this may seem a little underwhelming, but I dedicated each of the below people a song and shoutout in the form of me pretending to be your primary school teacher (albeit a terrible one).

If you've been left out know that I still love you and just got fucking lazy or couldn't think of an appropriate song for ya.

birkal – [youtube]dUHw3mYQYTg[/youtube]

birkal gets along well with all the other kids but I suspect is secretly fostering a cocaine habit

bojangles - [youtube]p0iBcNEhqMU[/youtube]

bojangles is a natural leader. I was a bit worried when I saw him leading the other kids to sacrifice a lamb in the playground though.

charmander – [youtube]Iz-WDk7Tbsc[/youtube]

charmander likes lame girly shit. Weird kid

doomvendingmachine – [youtube]Uto-Yvo4YXA[/youtube]

dommvendingmachine has a very strange name and a precocious taste in music.

earthworm – [youtube]ay-rsScKOmQ[/youtube]

earthworm sits at the back of the class and fiddles with himself.

eraddd – [youtube]QznoTgWVo_E[/youtube]

eraddd can't speak english to save his life and brings the strangest packed lunches from home. for some reason he listens to straight boom bap shit.

faint – [youtube]IZwZXuRHVEE[/youtube]

vaguely remember this kid.

forks – [youtube]_OSP1cLldpM&[/youtube]

forks is gay.

heist – [youtube]Y9B7rxtxZs4[/youtube]

heist worships earthworm; god knows why.

hugendugen – [youtube]_GDPZpRmTg0[/youtube]

my nigga.

jellicent – [youtube]6rb13ksYO0s[/youtube]

kid keeps drinking in class and correcting my grammar.

mynism – [youtube]KiKXRiRYhRI[/youtube]

got the good shit and knows where its at

rodan – [youtube]LD31MOKMeHw[/youtube]

tries his best

salthethief [youtube]jRn9BRo4Igw[/youtube]

this kid is straight from the hood, scares me if i'm gonna be honest

syrim – [youtube]GSszWXkDHa8[/youtube]

puts in work

xenu – [youtube]gVZ3lp3tGJQ[/youtube]

stinky indian

This is also doubling up as my well, Birkal kindly let me go before him (I did ask!). I know although several people will be pissed at me, but I'm running out of posts to delete and with Clause Testing right around the corner I need to be maintaining consistent activity in my forum.

"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Monday (GMT+8), you can shout any question down that watering hole and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Friday?" A voice from in the hole shouts back, "Because on Monday, it's your day in the watering hole."

hey, so i'm poppy and i'm a 18 (19 in 9 days) year old dude currently residing in shanghai. i'm australian by nationality and plan on attending uni there come the start of the new academic year. i plan to study journalism, but my close second choice is economics. i love writing and english!

i really like music but i can't claim to know nearly as much as some of the other people on this site; hip hop / chillwave / ambient / pop / electronic / powerviolence / post-punk / post-hardcore / trip hop / glitch hop / jazz hop / dream pop / post-dubstep / witchhouse / folk / industrial / instrumental hip hop a.k.a beats / psychedlic are some of the things i have enjoyed at one point or another and continue to enjoy!

i also enjoy anime, movies, TV and stuff. i took a long break from anime but i've started watching again, most of it makes me want to shit on my dick but i can't say that i'm not a fan in general! my favourite series are tatami galaxy, baccano, and detroit metal city. mad props to the classics like bebop as well. i'm not a huge movie or TV buff but in terms of the latter i really like UK television for its great panel and quizshows, it helps that stephen fry is basically my idol. never have i seen a man more eloquent and knowledgeable, yet so humble about it all.

i would like to read more and i really have no excuse for not doing so.

in terms of smogon stuff - i currently mod the ubers subforum and have a pretty great passion for the tier and my job there. with clause testing right around the corner we're looking for some great fun. i don't have any particular competitive battling achievements in tournaments and whatnot but i played in spl3 for the dragonspiral tyrants and i must say i was lucky to have a team as cool as them!

i joined the site in '10 and was pretty clueless, irc really got me on top of things and a few short months after i got my first badge as an aop and integrated myself into the site, getting mods shortly after.

i still spend an obscene amount of time on irc (if only just idling), so feel free to catch me on there and have a chat :).

ask me anything i guess

If you need weed, Mynism is your man indeed !
Grats on 2k Poppy ;)

EDIT: As a journalist myself, I can help you out with your study. Let me know if you need help with something etc.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I control f'ed my name and couldn't find it, control f'ed Lucas' and there was a shoutout.....I refuse to read such a poor 2k as a result Zac, you have broken my heart :(.

for real though congrats man :D we need to catch up next time I'm in Sydney yes?

It took my laptop 15 seconds to load this page.. anyways gratz on 2k

Do you have a sister, is she hot and can you hook me up with her?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
poppy, so cute. grats on your 2k!

never taking sides and tries to uphold peace, big love <3

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Awwwww yiss

Motherfucking shoutouts.

Also the fuck am I the weird international student I am the most whitewashed kid ever

As for questions:

Where do you get most of your hip hop?
Have you played any metagames outside of Ubers?
Why do our tastes in anime go beyond the usual and the bland and the terrible? (Also we should probably finish steins but nbd I probably want to shit on geass more and then try kids on slope)
Explain to the world your current love for kids on slope
What do you envision yourself in 10 years?
I"ll have more q's later on

Kudos, Poppy!

You're always fun to listen to and watch battle and all that jazz plus your voice was pretty great sounding that one time I heard it.

Speaking of, when are we gonna Skypemon again?

Is your signature a Luv Sic line or something else?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
fuckin poppy giving sal the king geedorah...................

also congrats or something

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats on the big 2000 man.

Now tell me your favorite Pokeman.
this is a question i always struggle with, it's hard to place a value on pokemon that is strictly non-competitive after playing this game so seriously. whenever people ask me this question i tend to say lucario because i think he is pretty awesome looking and he was definitely my favourite pokemon prior to joining smogon.

my lucario had dragon pulse / extremespeed / aura sphere / close combat which are basically the strongest and best moves

ur a fucking shit user if u wanna roll with me u gotta have more than half my post count come on
i've always been rollin son

I control f'ed my name and couldn't find it, control f'ed Lucas' and there was a shoutout.....I refuse to read such a poor 2k as a result Zac, you have broken my heart :(.

for real though congrats man :D we need to catch up next time I'm in Sydney yes?
ah stallion know that you are one of those people that i love yet disincluded. know that neglect and abuse only makes the heart grow fonder.

of course we're gonna get crunk in sydney next time im there!!

It took my laptop 15 seconds to load this page.. anyways gratz on 2k

Do you have a sister, is she hot and can you hook me up with her?
no, i do not have a sister, but she is hot and i will hook you up with her.

What inspired you to make the username Poopy?
originally my name was Poppycock, as I had/have (to a lesser degree now) an infantile penchant for such words. I also really liked splendiferous and pussyfoot. later i shortened my name to poppy because most people called me that and i think it is phonetically pleasing and pleasant.

if you're asking about people calling me poopy it's just smogon being smogon and the inevitable :toast:

Awwwww yiss

Motherfucking shoutouts.

Also the fuck am I the weird international student I am the most whitewashed kid ever

As for questions:

Where do you get most of your hip hop?
Have you played any metagames outside of Ubers?
Why do our tastes in anime go beyond the usual and the bland and the terrible? (Also we should probably finish steins but nbd I probably want to shit on geass more and then try kids on slope)
Explain to the world your current love for kids on slope
What do you envision yourself in 10 years?
I"ll have more q's later on
most of my hip hop originally came from my friends in high school. if there was one thing that bonded us all it was our collective love of listening and sharing music we were passionate about. originally, i started listening to more music through the routes of metal circa. 16 y/o poppy or so, come my penultimate year in school i began to get into the classics like wu-tang, nas, etcetera. nowadays i get my hip hop from chatting with my homies on irc, still from my irl friends, browsing the internet, etc. unfortunately, i don't have a dedicated blog or anything where i can pick and choose new releases (as much as i would like to have one). i really think i should find a more reliable source of finding new music.

i started on this site post-garchomp ban and pre-mence in dppt ou, so i played that. i played some ubers tier because an irl friend of mine, splendiferous on the forums, got into it. i was never any good, however. at the start of 5th gen i also dabbled in LC for a bit after getting comatthew as my tutor, i didn't develop a passion for it though... ah i've also dabbled in dppt uu, adv OU, bw ru, bw uu but never to much of an extent. i'd have to say the ones i'm most competent in out of those are dppt uu and adv ou, although not nearly to to the extent that i am at ubers.

i don't really like to be obnoxious about taste in media in general, as what i like is what i like. but, that being said most anime is really trite and caters for the general audience with moeblobbery / contrived interaction / faux-technicality etc. i guess our similarities in taste just come from serendipity and being men of worldly experience :pimp:

my love for kids on the slope is partly because i just tend to get really into things ive recently watched. although, it is an excellent series anywaaaay - although its romance was a bit sloppy, it has an excellent feel throughout the entirety of the watch, the jazz theme fits in great with the 60s throwback japan and daily highschool life. although it's an often seen 'recluse kid finds true joy lies only in other people' kinda show it's still very sweet and i felt strongly for most of the characters throughout the show.

as i said earlier i really just tend to live in the moment, but obviously by that time i will have completed my studies, hopefully will have a job somewhere, hope to have some kind of cushy living situation, either with a significant other or some bros. job-wise i'd like to think i'll be slowing making my way up some sort of ladder, but to be honest i'm perfectly content with just having enough cash to get by. i feel like ambition was ingrained into me both at school and at home and it may be partial rebellion but i honestly don't find much of an appeal of holding a highly stressful job where i have to deal with a large amount of office politics and whatnot. i probably don't want to be a cashier or anything when i'm nearing my 30s but i'd probably be satisfied with some sort of blue collar job in a cubicle. if people define you by the work you do rather than what you do outside of it then so be it, but i ask myself why chase a carrot i might not even want. i've hardly got it all figured out, but for the time being i just want to get the most out of what i can get. also i'm colossally lazy and that isn't likely to change.

you've always been one of my favourites
i just feel like you get it all, man

seriously dude
what the fuck icy wind skarmory
like an enema you can never be too prepared for gliscor

Poppy n_n

Where are you gonna go to Uni?
Best Australian city?
Australia or Shanghai?
ritter, originally i had a strong suspicion you were a girl!

my first choice is university of queensland, second is australian national u, and third, because my dear mother insisted, university of western australia. my choice of uni is largely for social reasons as i m somewhat of a hedonist and i almost always pursue the short term benefit as opposed to the long term goal. regardless, i feel like the choice of institution is largely irrelevant to where you'll end up further down the road, as long as you look far enough.

best australian ciiiiity hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i have not been to very many, moreover, i am more of a people rather than a place person. that being said most australian cities are simply resplendent, never have i been to another country with that much natural beauty. perth is rather dull, but has a great pier and seafood. melbourne is very green and pretty i just dunno man

for now i will say shanghai, i have lived here for 11 years and i consider it my 'home' of sorts. i made my best friends here, if i were to start in a bildungsroman novel or flick i would put it in shanghai, i have had consistently poignant experiences in this city. shanghai is my den.

Kudos, Poppy!

You're always fun to listen to and watch battle and all that jazz plus your voice was pretty great sounding that one time I heard it.

Speaking of, when are we gonna Skypemon again?

Is your signature a Luv Sic line or something else?
thanks man! your username is me.

we are going to skypemons very soon, it is a thoroughly entertaining activity. i have no doubts that the man who conjured it is a genius of some sort or another.

my signature is indeed a luv sic line. homage to nujabes; rest in beats.

:chaos::chaos::chaos::chaos::chaos::chaos::chaos:

:pirate:
forever the mystery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)