A Monotype Take on the OU Metagame - Analyses Repost - (contributions are welcomed)

Man, I wish I was here to contribute to the Grass Analysis, but there isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. I rocked face with a mono-grass team at a "league"-esque function me and my friends hold yearly(badges and all) - my team was the one most finalists said they had the most problems with/just couldn't beat, although we had the wildcard rule and I was using Drizzletoed.
Seriously, I can't hype it enough, Ludicolo is a beast, and probably my star player. Ferrothorn was definitely great, and was happy about eternal rain(the whole team was, most of grass's other weaknesses aren't very common), but just the pure pressure of multiple Leech Seed pokes was very powerful - I didn't even use much status otherwise. Let me state that again, LEECH SEED LEECH SEED LEECH SEED. Seriously, my biggest issue was other grass/poison types, because my biggest grass counters were still weak to them.
A key point to notice, is that Grass+Rock is amazing coverage, not really perfect, but close given the situation - stealth rocks is a MUST, and as much stone miss as you can afford will really help.
I encountered many Charizard and Volcorona, even before I had set-up spikes, and Ludicolo just tore through them. I didn't see much Hurricane on Volc though, which would have caused me all the more problems, but again, Drizzletoed herself was helpful in cases like this. You REALLY need that icebeam too, and without toed I would have had to shift it onto Ludi, who was already happy with Giga Drain, Scald, Leech Seed, and Sub - it made end-of-turn take forever, but with so much passive heal and passive damage, it was well worth it (rain dish + leftovers + leech seed made Giga Drain almost pointless)

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
I dont think that anyone thought of umbreon when making the dark analysis, thanks to him dark counts with wish support, an overall bulky pokemon and a baton passer. It can take non fighting/bug attacks quite easily with good evs and it can cripple the opponents with toxic. It might have a hard time taking rain dance boosted water type moves, but tyranitar can change the weather...

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Yeah Honchcrow can also hit fighting and bug types hard with brave bird, something very important for a monodark team, although it has a hard time switching in, it also has heat wave to get rid of most steels most importantly skarmory.

Since BW2 are being released, Meloetta P and A have to be added, as is with keldeo.
(just as skeleton)
Meloetta A: awesome Sp atk and sp def, good speed. Great ability that it can abuse with charge beam. Good movepool and access to calm mind.
Meloetta P: high speed and attack, makes her a great sweeper. Access to uturn, cc, and return. Unfortunately, bound by relic song.
Keldeo: above average speed and over the top sp atk. Great typing, though some what bound by movepool. Hidden Power ghost is a must on most sets to hit jellicent.

It's kind of funny because... Porygon2 is so underrated

Analysis on here: Porygon-2 becomes extremely bulky with Eviolite. Thanks to its improved defenses, good support movepool and access to Recover, he can stick around and pester your opponents for the whole match. He notably has access to the fairly exclusive ability Trace, potentially giving him some much needed immunities or Resistance from the likes of Flash Fire or Thick Fat.

A very good analysis, but you might want to mention that he can survive a modest 252 Sp. Attack Evs invested Choice Specs Kyogre Surf. In the rain.

I use mono figthig team with riolu and infernape. Frist i try to get the Rocks up and then i try to get riolu safely in. After that riolu is ready to kill the Whole team using priority roar.
:P

the stupid prankster copycat riolu is an insult to mono-fighting teams everywhere, which have many of the best pokemon to choose from that aren't instantly thwarted by:

- entry hazards breaking riolu's sash
- protect / detect
- fake out
- extremespeed
- priority from anything faster
- suction cups pokemon
- soundproof pokemon (roar) or ghost types (circle throw)

i'm sure there's more, but the point is that if you want to do well in the real OU metagame, you would be wise to use all 6 team slots to the best of your ability

Mono-psychic is perhaps one of the most enjoyable mono-types to play due to the huge amount of dual-type variety and awesome support moves.

My favorite "combo play" is to have Latias set up dual Screens and let Bulk Up gallade take it as close to the wire as he can to aquire boosts before wrecking the opponent. His naturally high Special Defense and Bulk-Up boosted defense make him an awesome bulky sweeper if the opponent underestimates him. Behind screens he truly is a monster to take down when running Drain Punch.

Since no-one else has done it, I'll write up the final type, Ground.

GROUND

PROS:
  • Typing. All Ground-type Pokemon are immune to Electric attacks, notably Volt Change, Thunderbolt and Thunderwave. This could cause your opponent to rethink his strategy. Ground is also resistant to Poison and Rock, the latter of which is a common attacking type.
  • Moveset. All Ground-type Pokemon have access to STAB Earthquake, dubbed as one of the best moves in the game, with perfect accuracy, good power and good PP. In addition, all Ground-type Pokemon have access to either Stone Edge or Rock Slide, creating the Edge-Quake combination that hit a lot of Pokemon for neutral damage. This leaves space for other coverage moves, or utility moves on many Ground-type Pokemon.
  • Offense. Tied with the Fighting type, the Ground type hits 5 of the 17 types for super effective damage, the most of any type. This includes Fire, Poison, Electric, Steel and Rock. The Ground-type also holds the privelege of hitting the Electric type for super effective damage.
  • Defense. Many Ground-type Pokemon are physically defensive and therefore are able to take a few hits before biting the dust(no pun intended). Combined with the high attack most Ground-type Pokemon sport, they will usually end up on top of the opponent.
  • Hazards. Almost all Ground-type Pokemon are able to set up Stealth Rock, creating residual damage that will take its toll on the opponent as the battle carries on. In addition to this, Ground-type Pokemon are resistant to Stealth Rock themselves, meaning they are able to switch in much more often than other Pokemon. Finally, Ground-type Pokemon have access to three Rapid-Spinners, one of which is immune to Spikes.
  • Abilities. Due to Hippowdon being able to set up sandstorm conditions, it is very easy to create a Ground-type team that abuses weather abilities that Ground-type Pokemon often have.

CONS:

• Defense. Many Ground-type Pokemon have sub-par special defensive stats. This means most Ground-type Pokemon will sustain heavy damage when faced against foes that use special attacks.
  • Typing. The Ground-type is weak to three types; Ice, Water and Grass, all of which are common, especially the former two.
  • Speed. Bar weather abilities, most Ground-type Pokemon are slow. This ensures the opponents team will go first, perhaps being able to execute a crucial part of their strategy.
  • Immunities. All types have access to either a Flying-type or a Levitator. This means your STAB moves will be useless against these Pokemon. Many teams will be prepared to deal with Ground-type attacks so will commonly use one of these Pokemon.
  • Hazards. Most Ground-type Pokemon are vulnerable to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes. When used in multiple layers, these will drain your Pokemon's life away before your eyes.

NOTABLE MEMBERS:

• Nidoking possesses the excellant Sheer Force ability which combined with Life Orb, turns it into a cannon. It also gets fantastic coverage on the special spectrum, including Bolt-Beam. In addition to awesome coverage, Nidoking has the Poison-type, allowing it to remove Toxic Spikes.
  • Dugtrio is able to trap problematic Pokemon via Arena Trap and KO, paving the way for other Pokemon to sweep. It is also very fast, in contrast to the slow pace Ground-type Pokemon usually represent.
  • Quagsire can utilize the excellent ability of Unaware alongside Recover and CurseStockpile to turn into a formidable wall. It can also use Scald to slowly whittle the opponent down with Burn damage. It also has access to Water Absorb to make your match-ups against Water-type Pokemon more favourable.
  • Donphan is able to utilize both Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock, turning it into your utility Pokemon. It can also use Roar to spread residual damage, or Ice Shard to finish off weakened foes. Finally, it has the incredibly useful ability Sturdy to hold on and potentially take out the opponent.
  • Swampert is exceptionally bulky, not many Pokemon will be able to KO it without a Grass move. Swampert also has access to coverage moves including Ice Punch, Waterfall, Superpower as well as more obscure moves such as Mirror Coat and Protect to get the jump on your opponent.
  • Flygon is able to effectively use Outrage to do some heavy damage, whilst being able to hit the one counter to Dragon moves with super-effective STAB Earthquake. It can also run utility moves such as Roost and U-turn, to keep the momentum in your favour.
  • Claydol is an Pokemon to consider over Donphan for a Rapid-Spinner due to having Levitate to avoid Spikes. It is also able to set up Stealth Rock, and can serve as your teams answer to Fighting-types with it's STAB Psychic attacks.
  • With the buff to Storm Drain during the transition from DPP to BW, Gastradon has become one of Rain's worst nightmares, with exceptional bulk, boosted by Stockpile whilst being able to heal itself through Recover.
  • Hippowdon is a formidable physical wall, being an excellant switch in to most physical attackers and using Slack Off to heal all damage taken. It's Sandstream ability is able to prevent any weather tactics being used against you, as well as preventing Leftovers recovery on a lot of Pokemon. Hippowdon is no slouch when it comes to attack either, being able to hit hard with 112 base Attack.
  • Gliscor is immune to Toxic Spikes, not that it matters since it's Poison Heal ability allows it to be the status absorber of your team. With Roost, a Poisoned Gliscor will be exceptionally hard to take out. Gliscor can also use utility moves, such as U-turn for momentum and Taunt to shut down set-up and stall.
  • Mamoswine possesses a niche in that it is immune to both weathers without an ability. While it may seem more suited to a Ice-type team, Thick-Fat Mamoswine allows it to be a pivot for Ice-type moves on your team. STAB Ice Shard means it can revenge kill and with 130 base attack, this is quite easy to achieve.
  • Krookodile is a fantastic Pokemon to consider for your match-ups against Pyschic and Ghost-type Pokemon. It has access to Intimidate to become a support Pokemon if need be, but it's best use is a Choice Scarf set with Moxie. Once it gains some Attack boosts, Krookodile will be very hard to stop.
  • Golurk serves as a Ground-type Teams Spin-Blocker, but it can do more than just that. It is able to use Iron Fist to great effect, having access to the elemental punches and Focus Punch. It can also pull off a Rock Polish set to sweep in the end-game. with no chance of a Stone-Edge miss courtesy of its No-Guard ability.
  • Both Landorus and Landorus-T are excellent Pokemon to consider for a Ground-type team, Landorus in particular since with Hippowdon, it can abuse it's deadly Sand Force ability. Combined with Gravity it can provide for your team, STAB Earthquakes could potentially mean game over for some Pokemon.

TYPE SYNERGY:
Immune to Water: Quagsire, Seismitoad, Gastrodon
Neutral to Water: Flygon, Garchomp, Torterra, Quagsire, Seismitoad, Gastrodon, Swampert
Neutral to Grass: Flygon, Camerupt, Gliscor, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Excadrill, Steelix, Landorus, Landorus-T, Torterra
Neutral to Ice: Camerupt, Mamoswine, Excadrill, Steelix, Quagsire, Seismitoad, Gastrodon, Swampert

I think you forgot about the strongest flying in the metagame, Tornadus Therian and Hurricane is one of flying's greatest pros since its the only powerful move that's super effective against Fighting. Hurricane is only resisted by Steels and other weak defense pokemon

I know this is a bit of a necrobump, but I want to make an edit to the mono-Electric analysis.

-Stunfisk may not seem like much, but it is the only Electric-type Pokemon with access to an entry hazard move (Stealth Rock). This alone should make him a staple on mono-Electric teams.

-Thundurus' new Therian Forme is the most powerful non-Uber Electric-type out there. Despite sharing it's typing with Zapdos, the two are rather distinct. While Zapdos is more suited to bulky offense, Thundurus-T is better as either a hit-and-run type with Choice Scarf/Specs, or a menacing Agility/Nasty Plot sweeper in the late-game

I would like to share a few words about Fighting types since I have been running them for the last 2 years without switching.

Majority of Fighting types are limited to only Physical offense with exception to Mienshao, Toxicroak, Infernape, Virizion, Cobalion, and Keldeo. Even though many Fighting types are great sweepers in the meta, you have to keep in mind you are running a mono-type team and that running a team of all sweepers stuck with Choice Scarfs can be extremely crippling.

When it comes to all Fighting types, switching should be kept at a minimum. Not only is it easy for an opponent to predict your switch-ins, not all of your Fighting types are going to be the bulkiest and would become really crippled on the switch in. The only Psychic immunity you would have is Scrafty, and that is if you would run Scrafty. Say for example you needed to switch in Scrafty to take on Reuniclus, one of Fighting team's nightmares. if you were to switch into Scrafty, you would leave the opposing Reuniclus to do one of the following: Set up Trick Room, up it's Special Defense and attack with Calm Mind, or go with the Focus Blast. This would render your Scrafty near useless because then Scrafty would eat it either during the switch in or the following turn because Scrafty needs to set up to become effective.

I realized the focus of the team should be that it has a very diverse move pool to take on any challenge. For example, Machamp is very great because he has options when it comes to different opponents. Machamp literally gets a free confusion with Dynamic Punch against anything that isn't Ghost. The confusion can wreck an opponent and give Machamp more turns to beat on the opponent struggling with a 50/50. The lead Machamp build here on the Smogon strategy Pokedex is probably one of the few effective builds that you can find here that can assist in mono-typing since it provides great coverage.

Back when Smogon only had the Bulk-up Conkeldurr build available, I decided to find alternatives around the situation. I could not rely on the Bulk-up build because I had to take into consideration all of the Psychic and other hard hitting Special Attackers into consideration that could easily destroy Conkeldurr's HP as soon as I were to get in one Bulk-up. So, I made a Flame Orb build, the exact one you see here on Smogon. Only difference is that I have Stone Edge aside from Facade. When I partook in the Intercollegiate Pokemon Competition, my opponent built a team specifically to counter Fighting types because he knew I was running a monotype team alongside my other team mates. When I sent out the Conkeldurr, it threw my opponent off into believing it was the Bulk-up strategy and I got a free strong hit in. The Flame Orb kicked in and my Conkeldurr went to town on the following Pokemon, giving me a 4-2 lead.

My advice when it comes to running Mono-types is to try not switching while running Mono-types. If your Pokemon cannot counter or slow down opposing builds that try to set up, then think of ways around or various move pools/builds that can prove to be effective and try again. Trust me, not switching is one of the keys to identifying the best Pokemon and move pools that could best assist your the monotype team you are focusing on building. I use to run all of the Pokemon shown in the notable members section, but now I limited it down to Infernape and Terrakion and I use other Fighting types that could prove to be powerful and helpful.

Here are some interesting builds that you can mess around with if you are interested in mono type Fighting:

Bulk-Up Gallade is a beast if you can set up properly. I stopped running it because Sableye is a huge problem with Will-o-Wisp and that you are limited to only two attacks since Drain Punch should be staple on that build.

Another interesting Fighting build is a support Mienshao. People use Mienshao too much as a offensive fighter, but I rather use him as support since there are better Pokemon that could beat up. I use to run Mienshao with U-turn, Brick Break, Knock off, and Taunt. While holding a Focus Sash and has Regenerator. This Mienshao would be about helping out with switching in Pokemon safely and forcing switch outs. For example, if the opponent doesn't switch with Reuniclus while you U-Turn after a Taunt, you can safely bring in a great counter offensive like Heracross to dish out heavy damage to Reuniclus or whatever switch out you force. If the Opponent switches, then you can safely get in a counter offensive after the U-Turn and force another switch out, allowing you to set up.

Salac Berry Sawk is a pretty neat build to run for being a NU Fighting type. Adamant Sawk has 380 attack, and without entry hazards, he can safely Close Combat and still be safe with his sturdy ability. If hit hard and survives with Sturdy, then you can dish out a STAB Reversal on your opponents with the extra speed (If the opponent doesn't have priority). Give him Stone Edge and Earthquake and Sawk can hit even more of a variety of Pokemon. Kind of situational, but it has helped me against flying threats like Staraptor and Honchkrow.

Remember that Moxie Heracross and Keldeo are out now. Moxie Heracross is a great late game sweeper for Fighting since no priority attacks are super effective against him. Hercross' move pool is not that shabby, and technically all you really need are either Megahorn or Close Combat. Keldeo may have a pretty bad move pool, but with Rain teams running around, Keldeo can work really effective in the rain against opponents. Packing HP electric can save you against opposing Water types, and Water-Ground combos would eat a STAB Rain boosted Hydro Pump or Surf to the face. Also, you do not have to worry about a random Chansey or Blissey opposing you because Secret Sword is the saving grace in that situation.

As mentioned earlier, Cobalion is worth checking out. The high Defense stat saves him a lot and T-Wave can help you slow down opponents that can wreck your team.

Hitmontop is probably one of the last ones I will mention because Hitmontop is a great Technician-priority whore and one of Fighting's few Rapid Spinners.

The reason I do not really mention Breloom is because, like Lucario, has great attack, but low speed and defenses are pretty bad. Even if you max out Breloom's Special Defenses, a Super effective special attack can still take him out. Also, being limited by the sleep clause, Choicing Spore is not too safe since it would bring forth a lot of switching and STAB Seed Bomb would only really save your from only Jellicent and Golurk as two threats. Lucario is also another Pokemon I do not like on Monotype fighting teams because of similar reasons to Breloom, except more based on his Offensive game. You can run a Choice Scarf Modest or Adamant Lucario, but that would bring forth switching and STAB Steel will not hit anything hard that Fighting can't except for maybe Frosslass or Bug-Rock/Flying-Rock combinations. Usually no one runs as many Bug-Rocks and Flying-Rocks (Aerodactyl and Archeops) and Frosslass are leads quite often, making it foolish to run a Choice Pokemon as a starter. I am not saying that you are not allowed to run Lucario, but rather you should see what else there is to offer before Lucario. To me, Lucario would probably only serve best as a Special Late game sweeper, or to hit very specific Pokemon hard.

One last thing: Beware of Focus Sash and Sturdy Pokemon. The only set-up move and Pokemon you have on monotype Fighting is a Infernape with Stealth Rocks. If you need to get rid of entry hazards yourself, then the only Rapid Spinners would be the Hitmons, which only Hitmonlee and Hitmontop are the most viable. If Toxic Spikes give you trouble, you can use Toxicroak to absorb them, or use them to your advantage to activate Guts on the many Fighting types who have access to the ability.

Hopefully this information helps people out when it comes to mono typing with Fighting. Have fun for those of you interested!

A quick groundtype add.

Sandslash

Pairing up Sandslash's DW ability Sand Rush with sandstream from a hippowdon makes it a really nice SD sweeper. Even though it's counterd realtively easy by gliscor and skarm it still does for a dangerous lategame sweeper.

A quick groundtype add.

Sandslash

Pairing up Sandslash's DW ability Sand Rush with sandstream from a hippowdon makes it a really nice SD sweeper. Even though it's counterd realtively easy by gliscor and skarm it still does for a dangerous lategame sweeper.
Seconding this. Sandslash + Landorus make a fine pair for a mono ground because they share similar counters. The main problem would be Skarmory though, so you can use Sheer Force Lando with HP Fire / Electric for that.

I dont have time to write a ghost extension, but i must say ive used a mono-ghost with lots of sucess.

My team was made of:
Froslass (spikes stacker)
Golurk (SR)
Restalk Dusclops (forces switches as only some stuff can kill it)
SubDisable Gengar (read above, but blocks different stuff)
Sableye (read above)
Jellicent (prevents my face from getting destroyed by rain)

Biggest problem was those outrage/meteor spamming dragons... Sableye can stop some of the outragers and dusclops can tank some meteors, but... as long as they play decently, its gg

Edit: POST 666 (6) >:D

Fighting is the best mono-type by far. Dragon is also completely viable right now as well.

I don't have the time to write out an entire analysis but here are 10 general tips from my successful mono-fighting team that can help you craft your own team:

1) Pick a good type (obviously). Offensive typing is better. You cannot cover your weaknesses because of common typing so focus on winning offensively.

2) Change your tactics - don't try to sweep or win pretty. Because you are playing mono-type, you're essentially battling the other teams 1-3 resisting typed mons. If you pick a potent offensive type like dragon or fighting, the rest of the match will take care of itself once those pokemon are removed. The best part of mono-typing is this luring aspect. 6 Dragons? If it takes your other 5 pokemon to remove Skarmory and Heatran you may very well still win the match!

3) Don't counter; Sacrifice - You have to get used to this. It is a different way of analyzing a match. Sacrificing is the easiest way to get in a free switch and put yourself in a better position to counterattack the opposition. Team preview helps this alot. If your opponent has Gliscor, Latias, and Toxicroak and you have Breloom on your team he may have to die to help you win because he is useless in that situation.

4) Ditch the choice items! - This is something a lot of people just CANNOT wrap their heads around. I'll make an exception to this guideline for Dragon types, since spamming Choice Band Outrage is a little different than what any of the other types can do. Choice items will cause you to switch way too much, which violates guideline #3. This will force you to lose much more than you should... I know Choice Scarf is appealing for revenge kills, but if you ditch the choice items it is much much harder for the opponent to set up in the first place!!!

5) Priority, Priority, Priority - Resist the urge to counter other sweepers with the Choice Scarf. Yes, it can help you get past some threats, but you will get into a revenge-sacrifice cycle and with mono-typing you will always lose these because of lack of resists.

6) Accept defeat - Do your best! It is monotype! However, there are some team combinations that are just not possible for your team to defeat! Rather than thinking you did something wrong, recognize the limitations of your team.

7) Focus on team roles - Just because Breloom is better with Technician doesn't mean it may be better on a mono-fighting type team. This is the best example I can give. Poison Heal allows a status absorber! Think about these things. You may need to call on Pokemon to do things regardless of what else they can do better!

8) Ignore the Tiers - Just because Pokemon X is OU, doesn't mean a UU team won't fit his slot on a mono-type team better. Movepool, abilities, and unique stat distributions should be strongly considered!

9) Ignore Your Opponent and Believe in Your Team- Many people will try to psyche you out or mock you for using monotype. Ignore them and continue to execute your match always believing you have a chance to win. Like I said, when you fight a team your matches will be different. You may struggle to beat the 2 resists, but the last 2 pokemon will be weak to your whole type!! Be prepared for the late game snowball!

10) Use a wildcard - This isn't for how to win in mono-type, but is definitely something to consider for future team building. If you have a successful mono-type team structure, why craft from there? Sometimes a mono-type core can help build a "real" team using 3-4 same typed pokemon that evolved from your team. Keep this in mind, but don't punk out ;)

Happy Monotyping!

Source:

My mono fighting team right now holds an ~80% win rate in OU current and a ~1700-1750 rating. It can defeat competitive ladderers with smart play and favorable team matches but is obviously competitive as a whole. It reached the top 50 in Gen IV's iteration of it and at its peak it reached the top 20 in BW1 (that credit all goes to Speed Boost Blaziken pre-ban).

I may edit and post it here at a later date.

Seconding this. Sandslash + Landorus make a fine pair for a mono ground because they share similar counters. The main problem would be Skarmory though, so you can use Sheer Force Lando with HP Fire / Electric for that.
Excadrill is like the better version of Sandslash. Same ability, but better stats in terms of everything except defense. Also it's secondary steel type allows it to be immune to toxic

Excadrill is like the better version of Sandslash. Same ability, but better stats in terms of everything except defense. Also it's secondary steel type allows it to be immune to toxic
But Excadrill is banned to Ubers, so it's not allowed to be used in OU, which this thread is for.

I think Empoleon deserves a mention in the water-section, as its one of the few pokeymans, that give a *peep* about grass-attacks :)

Ghost needs a mention for now having Golurk being able to setup Stealth Rock!

Now they have access to (permanent) Spikes AND Stealth Rock via Froslass and Golurk, respectively. :]

Here are my contributions:

Fire type:
Probably the best way to handle Heatran since it has STAB Earth Power and can live one Earth Power from Heatran with help from Solid Rock.

Ground type:
The one Fire and Ground type, helping to manage Grass and Ice weaknesses common to Ground teams

Ground type:
Can be used like Nidoking was suggested, trading power for bulk. It still hits very hard and can get a lot of helpful coverage moves such as Ice Beam and Fire Blast.

Add to notable Bug-types, because:
1. 100% accurate Spore is always welcomed.
2. Dry Skin lets it help soak up attacks from Rain teams, especially helpful when Volcarona and Armaldo are involved.

Add to notable Dark-types, because:

1. Makes a great cleaner with Sucker Punch and valuable coverage moves (Heat Wave and Superpower)
2. Neutral to Fighting-type moves and Bug-type moves
3. Gives an alternative Dark-Flying type for Mandibuzz, depending on the role needed.

Add to notable Dragon-types, because:

1. Incredible, unmatched 170 Base Attack
2. Helpful coverage options (Fusion Bolt and Earth Power)
3. Very physically bulky compared to the other options

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)