Creative (and good) Movesets Mk II (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you factor in both Sheer Force, and Life Orb, you abe basically firing off a 154 BP Psychic attack from a non-STAB base 115 special attack (if I am doing my mat correctly at 90 BP x .30 x .30 = 154, where the .30 each are equal to the Sheer Force boost, and the Life Orb boost.

More than enough to KO Breloom. No hazards required...

Lando Sheer Force + Life Orb versus 4 / 0 / 0 Breloom: Damage: 460 - 542 of 262 HP 175% - 206%

Could almost KO Breloom twice with one hit.

EDIT

I don't personally suggest HP Flying, but if anybody is interested in the damage calc...

Lando Sheer Force + Life Orb versus 4 / 0 / 0 Celebi: Damage: 272 - 320 of 342 HP 79% - 93%

EDIT2

All of the questioned OHKO's / 2HKO's.....

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Psychic vs 4HP/0SpDef Gliscor (Neutral): 65% - 77% (192 - 227 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Psychic vs 4HP/0SpDef Multiscale Dragonite (Neutral): 23% - 27% (76 - 90 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Psychic vs 4HP/0SpDef Dragonite (Neutral): 47% - 55% (153 - 180 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 17% chance to 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Psychic vs 4HP/0SpDef Salamence (Neutral): 55% - 64% (183 - 215 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 4HP/0SpDef Multiscale Dragonite (Neutral): 55% - 65% (180 - 212 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 4HP/0SpDef Dragonite (Neutral): 112% - 132% (364 - 428 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 4HP/0SpDef Salamence (Neutral): 132% - 156% (440 - 520 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Earth Power vs 4HP/0SpDef Volcarona (Neutral): 70% - 82% (219 - 258 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Earth Power vs 240HP/0SpDef Volcarona (Neutral): 59% - 69% (219 - 258 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Earth Power vs 4HP/0SpDef Venusaur (Neutral): 75% - 89% (229 - 270 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 4HP/0SpDef Venusaur (Neutral): 60% - 70% (182 - 214 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (Neutral) Psychic vs 4HP/0SpDef Venusaur (Neutral): 101% - 119% (306 - 360 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Scizor (F) @ Pecha Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Natural Gift
- Brick Break / Superpower

Explanation:

Natural Cure with Pecha Berry becomes electric type, and it also receives a technician boost. SD Scizor's counters, Jellicent, Tentacreul, Skarmory, Vaporeon, Politoed, and Gyrados can easily be OHKO'ed depending on your boost (Skarm needs like +2 / +4 while Gyarados needs +0). With Jolly, you outspeed most of these Pokemon, but you also outspeed minimal invested (speed) Heatran, allowing it to also hit that hard as well. Set deserves to be tested.

EDIT:

300th post, party

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Imo using Acrobatics with a Flying Gem is a much better option that Pecha Berry and Natural Gift. At +2 and with an Adamant nature, you still OHKO Jellicent, Tentacruel, defensive Politoed, 252 HP Vaporeon, and offensive Gyarados after SR. The only poke that you miss on hitting is Skarmory, which is already hit for 50% of his health by Superpower, and has to gamble between using Roost and Whirlwind. If he uses Roost as you use SD, then he is fucked, and if he uses WW as you use Superpower, he just lost 50% of his health, while Scizor lost nothing.

Pecha Berry Natural Gift is nice and all, but let's not forget that we are talking for a one time only attack. After you use it, then you are left with a shitty normal typed attack (does this move even have BP without a Berry?) that provides nothing. In the other hand Acrobatics is still useful, even after the Flying Gem is consumed, and is for all intents and purposes a 75 BP Bug attack. Oh and with Acrobatics you can also any Conkeldurr regardless if you are boosted or not.

tl;dr Flying Gem Acrobatics completely outclasses Pecha Berry Natural Gift.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
These are the calcs for Jolly and for Adamant, assuming a +2 Flying Gem Acrobatics:

• Defensive Jellicent: 83.12 - 98.01%
  • Defensive Politoed: 80.98 - 95.31%
  • Defensive Tentacruel: 93.95 - 110.71%
  • Offensive Gyarados (after Intimidate): 95.07 - 111.88%
  • 252 HP Vaporeon: 117.02 - 137.71%
  • 252 HP Conkedlurr (+0 Flying Gem Acrobatics): 98.68 - 116.53%

• Defensive Jellicent: 91.31 - 107.44%
  • Defensive Politoed: 88.8 - 104.68%
  • Defensive Tentacruel: 103.02 - 121.42%
  • Offensive Gyarados (after Intimidate): 104.34 - 122.89%
  • 252 HP Vaporeon: 128.72 - 151.61%
  • 252 HP Conkedlurr (+0 Flying Gem Acrobatics): 108.13 - 127.55%

EDIT: Another beastly set that is very effective and catches by surprise sooo many people:

Deoxys-D @ Mental Herb
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- T-Wave

This is your standard hazard lead Deo-D with 2 main differences. What are the problems of Deo-D? Faster set-up sweepers, spinners, Magic Bounce pokes, and faster Taunt users. T-Wave deals with faster set-up sweepers, Mental Herb with faster Taunt users, and a Gengar of your own deals with spinners (fuck Magic Bounce pokes). Lead Terrakion against Deo-D? Take the Taunt with impunity, and use T-Wave, putting him out for the whole match. Then Taunt him to prevent SR from going up and using Taunt, and you are now free to set-up hazards to your heart's content. Same against Aerodactyl, Azelf, Sableye and any faster lead that aims to beat Deo-D with a fast Taunt, except from Magic Bounce pokes. Yeah Magic Coat does this too, but it costs a moveslot, and gives to your opponent a free turn if he doesn't use a move that can be bounced back. It's not like lead Deo-D's item is really useful anyway. Lefties is filler, as most good players have pokes to 2hko Deo-D regardless of Lefties, and Rocky Helmet is only useful for breaking Sashes and Dnite's Multiscale (which you can Taunt anyway, and use him as set-up fodder, unless he is CB). Honestly this set is so good, that imo, it should be the main Deo-D set.

Here's a neat set I've been messing around with on the ladder. I don't know why anyone didn't get to this earlier.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 6 Def / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Torment
- Earthquake

Add toxic spikes and you get a stalling machine.

Infernape (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

This set lures and killed so many thing for me. You have just to go on a pokemon who feared infernape, click on Close combat / Flare blitz when the opponents will switch into gliscor, landorus, salamence, dragonite. They will see that you have no recoil due to life orb so they think :" Certainly a scarf or band, I can wall it" and just get smashed by hp ice. If you expect lati@s and starmie on the switch, use u-turn (70-80%). With that, a another fighting pokemon can finish more easily the opponent's team.
I also use infernape on the lead position because he doesn't fear genesect and can go to a u-turn.

Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

This set lures and killed so many thing for me. You have just to go on a pokemon who feared infernape, click on Close combat / Flare blitz when the opponents will switch into gliscor, landorus, salamence, dragonite. They will see that you have no recoil due to life orb so they think :" Certainly a scarf or band, I can wall it" and just get smashed by hp ice. If you expect lati@s and starmie on the switch, use u-turn (70-80%). With that, a another fighting pokemon can finish more easily the opponent's team.
I also use infernape on the lead position because he doesn't fear genesect and can go to a u-turn.
Ah, so this is the set that murdered me. :P

Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Overheat should be used over Flare Blitz, as it hits defensive steels harder. The Special Attack drop shouldnt be much of a problem, assuming you predict correctly. Flare Blitz also gives recoil and thats the only reason to not run Life Orb. Fire Blast if you don't like the drops. I usually like Flamethrower, but not here. It won't hit Nutral targets hard enough.

That 'Nape set is very cool, but I honestly prefer to run Fire Blast over Flare Blitz. Sometimes people see it and think it's a specially offensive scarf, which just creates better opportunities to use CC.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp/Focus Blast
I know you are probably rubbing your eyes right now triyng to figure out what you read wrong. But it is here. Gengar with taunt. The most common gengar switch in s are mutilated by this set. Blissey gets stalled will o wisp burn. Jirachi it stalled out. And so is genesect (sort of). Gengar is a fantastic user of a stallbreaker set because it takes on landorus to a degree if it lacks psychic, which mew could never do. It also has a huge surprise factor. The moves are pretty self explanatory. Taunt lets gengar burn the world, will o wisp burns everything, shadow ball hits hard, and substitute lets gengar stall out burns/scout for switches/look like a subdisable gengar. Seriously though this set is a lot of fun, try it out.

@Lavos Spawn
Sorry I guess? I had no idea.

Lavos

Banned deucer.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp/Focus Blast
I know you are probably rubbing your eyes right now triyng to figure out what you read wrong. But it is here. Gengar with taunt. The most common gengar switch in s are mutilated by this set. Blissey gets stalled will o wisp burn. Jirachi it stalled out. And so is genesect (sort of). Gengar is a fantastic user of a stallbreaker set because it takes on landorus to a degree if it lacks psychic, which mew could never do. It also has a huge surprise factor. The moves are pretty self explanatory. Taunt lets gengar burn the world, will o wisp burns everything, shadow ball hits hard, and substitute lets gengar stall out burns/scout for switches/look like a subdisable gengar. Seriously though this set is a lot of fun, try it out.
uh I posted this a couple pages ago man...

anyways I just want to post this here because it's so great and also netted me grandmaster in dark horse challenge

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

total boss that needs no introduction, it's the monster from gens 3 and 4 that nobody wants to use in bw because the sleep mechanics are trash. but seriously, with a little tspikes and gothitelle support, this thing gets 1 cm and goes to town on teams. it may be extremely underused, but don't underestimate it, or you will get smashed.

uh I posted this a couple pages ago man...

anyways I just want to post this here because it's so great and also netted me grandmaster in dark horse challenge

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

total boss that needs no introduction, it's the monster from gens 3 and 4 that nobody wants to use in bw because the sleep mechanics are trash. but seriously, with a little tspikes and gothitelle support, this thing gets 1 cm and goes to town on teams. it may be extremely underused, but don't underestimate it, or you will get smashed.
I'm not entirely sure how that set can be considered creative. It is a very good set, as it can hit hard AND wall unless the opponent has a Pokemon with Water Absorb, but that set is actually ON the list of sets. You didn't change a thing. HEY EVERYBODY! PLAGARISM IS NOW CONSIDERED CREATIVE! Kidding, I know its not TECHNICALLY plagarism, but it isn't creative.

Vibrava @ Choice Band OR Choice Scarf
Ability- Levitate
EVs-4 HP/252 Atk/ 252 Spd OR 4HP/ 252 spA 252 spd
Nature-Adamant/Rash
Draco Meteor/U-turn
Rock Slide/U-turn
Earthquake
Crunch/Quick Attack

Vibrava has always been a sad pokemon, lacking physical STAB dragon type moves, as well as having pretty low stats. While other NFE dragons roamed NU, and even Trapinch! This pokemon's Pre-evolution was better than it! I personally liked Vibrava, however, so I have tried using a set like this in NU. After I draco'd, I switched out while playing my friend, faking an awkward specs set, so when he switched in to Regice after it came back in, I Rock slided. This set's real potential requires a bit of effort to use, but it is a lot like a mixed Flygon Set for use in NU. One more detail, another often choiced dragon in NU with the same typing, Gabite, lacks U-turn and switch advantage.

I'm not entirely sure how that set can be considered creative. It is a very good set, as it can hit hard AND wall unless the opponent has a Pokemon with Water Absorb, but that set is actually ON the list of sets. You didn't change a thing. HEY EVERYBODY! PLAGARISM IS NOW CONSIDERED CREATIVE! Kidding, I know its not TECHNICALLY plagarism, but it isn't creative.

Vibrava @ Choice Band OR Choice Scarf
Ability- Levitate
EVs-4 HP/252 Atk/ 252 Spd OR 4HP/ 252 spA 252 spd
Nature-Adamant/Rash
Draco Meteor/U-turn
Rock Slide/U-turn
Earthquake
Crunch/Quick Attack

Vibrava has always been a sad pokemon, lacking physical STAB dragon type moves, as well as having pretty low stats. While other NFE dragons roamed NU, and even Trapinch! This pokemon's Pre-evolution was better than it! I personally liked Vibrava, however, so I have tried using a set like this in NU. After I draco'd, I switched out while playing my friend, faking an awkward specs set, so when he switched in to Regice after it came back in, I Rock slided. This set's real potential requires a bit of effort to use, but it is a lot like a mixed Flygon Set for use in NU. One more detail, another often choiced dragon in NU with the same typing, Gabite, lacks U-turn and switch advantage.
You should probably post this in the NU subforum, not here in OU.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
You should probably post this in the NU subforum, not here in OU.
lmao

and yeah if you want to call me out for plagiarism, first you should probably read the disclaimer in my first post that I realize crocune was a common set in gens 3 and 4, the reason it's creative in gen 5 is because sleep mechanics are balls, and oh did I mention suicune isn't even top 100 in this month's usage stats? this was for dark horse challenge, the fact that suicune is even viable in dark horse (less than 5% usage) means it's a creative thing to be using in bw2 OU. I'm not claiming I invented this set, I'm trying to spread awareness of it to my fellow users.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
it's a levitating physical dragon with uturn; that's pretty much all it's got in OU. with garchomp coming back soon in some form or another, flygon is no longer the only dragon-ground that's usable. its niche is really quite restricted right now

That's about what I figured. It's got a nice set of resists and an immunity, but with it being so frail...it's a dragon that can hit & run well, which is rare, but there are plenty of better pivots available.

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast

Charizard needs more love. Yes, it takes 50% from stealth rock but with a spinner or a magic bouncer, you can partially remedy at this problem. Also his ability is great and with choice scarf, it's a decent revengekiller. Give him a chance, it isn't bad at all.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus

- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast

Charizard needs more love. Yes, it takes 50% from stealth rock but with a spinner or a magic bouncer, you can partially remedy at this problem. Also his ability is great and with choice scarf, it's a decent revengekiller. Give him a chance, it isn't bad at all.
In a metagame infested by rain teams, Charizard won't shine any time soon. Not only it's extremely weak to SR, but it's hard countered by Politoed and, to some extent, Tyranitar, both of them can just switch in and instantly take away a huge portion of Charizard's power (okay, you have to predict them to not Focus Blast if you're talking about TTar, but that's it). Hippowdon works too, since the mixed set is so popular. Not to even mention the fact that being choice locked into Solarbeam is one of the best things you can do to see your Zard dead...

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not only that; Charizard can't use choice items well in this metagame. Of you can't keep roocks down, your Charizard will take 50% from SR coming in, and then dealing almost nothing to pokemon like Dragonite with its STABs, switching out again for fear of setup, and then dying when it cones back in. Even if you can get one kill, Solar Power takes away your health, and because you are scarfed and your coverage isn't that great it won't be hard to force you out. Charizard is really only a one time use pokemon if hazards get up.

Even if you try to keep them down, it won't work out. Charizard and spinners don't hqve great synergy- as pokemon that plague Charizard smack spinners as well. Scarfed Thundurus-T does a nice job keeping Char in check, and can OHKO Starmie with Tbolt and Donphan with HP Ice (remember, rocks are up) Tyranitar can be problematic as well- changing char's precious weather, setting ip SR multiple times, and OHKO'ing Statmie with Crunch. Mixed versions can even nail Donphan and Forretress.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
well if we're posting scarf 4x sr weak mons now, guess it's time to bust out the old standby:

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

best anti-lead/most unexpected revenge killer ever. oh and it scouts too. lest we forget the most common lead in this metagame is genesect, who sees volc and promptly feels safe to u-turn out, when suddenly it's outsped and OHKO'd by fblast, oh yeah that feels real nice when you pull it off. u-turn is great for scouting, since you can generally see heatran coming from a mile away you bust out the turn and go to your dugtrio or whatever. it also works on weather starters, ttar and poli don't see the turn coming at all ever. bug buzz is nice secondary coverage, catches many a specs latios by surprise, and hidden power ice lets you revenge those pesky +1 dragonites, also you speedtie with scarfmence and scarfrachi which is fun. great set overall and the sr weakness is only a problem if you're a weak user who can't keep rocks off the field.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I had the idea to try a Scarf Volcarona set in the past, but never tried it in practice; it could work very well, if you manage to keep rocks off the field. Anyway, since you just defeated me, it's safe to post this set...

Landorus-I @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Psychic / Focus Blast
- HP Ice

It's basically the Special Attacker set onsite, but with a supporting twist since it can set up Rocks. Basically works like SR Terrakion, a tad slower, but with a much better defensive typing and resilience to hazards. Landorus forces lots of switches with its sheer power or the threat of a Scarf EQ / U-Turn, thus giving it plenty of time to throw SR onto the field. Its coverage is not too badly crippled by losing a slot, especially if your team already handles well Steel types (so you don't have a desperate need to run Focus Miss).

- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast

Charizard is absolutely abysmal in OU. Hazards aren't really a problem, you're probably just switching in, losing 50%, then absolutely destroying/outspeeding things while losing 12% each turn. The only problem is being choiced completely prevents this because of the other teams defensive synergy. All of this is moot however because Zard's biggest enemy is weather changes, plus it can only beat abomasnow without it's solar power.

Charizard is most at home in a lower tier on a heat rock team, or maybe just with a bulky supporter to set the sun for it. Because it's surprisingly fast (people often forget that base 100 speed) you could get away with choice specs after scarfers have been eliminated and punch huge holes in teams. Lower tiers are where weather changes are uncommon, hazards are easier to keep away and defensive synergy is slightly lacking because all the really good unique typings are up in OU. Set up sun, switch in and destroy with specs+STAB+sun+SP boosted flamethrower.

Of course this is the OU forum so all of that is superfluous anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)